Songbirds and Quills [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rin Mico
Only songbird characters have personal dorm rooms. Quills use the dorm room I provided.

@White -- Chocolate
:O I meant to say don't remove anything, whoopsies! You can rearrange things sure. ^_^

[fieldbox= SongBird, teal, dashed, 22, verdana]Color Ref: f8a68a 62d1d1
Name
"Oi. You rang?"
.: Victoria Shanice Hale :.

Stage Name
"Pretty cool, right?"
.: Tori Civice :.

.: 17 :.

"Girls can have short hair, too you know."
.: Female :.

Sexual Orientation
"Ha! Sorry boys~"
.: Lady Lover - Lesbian - Homosexual :.
Music Style
"My style? Easy. The Best."
.: Pop/Rock (Jap & Eng) :.

Personality
"Charming. No?"
.:Victoria is someone who isn't afraid to share what she's feeling or thinking. She looks, acts, tough and rough on the outside, taking on activities that wouldn't exactly be anything 'ladylike'. The way she presents herself physically helps to portray her as someone who is confident, and she really is - when it comes to singing anyway. Otherwise, when it comes to something like sports, or academics, she's much more modest, more open to sharing the 'spotlight'.

Anyone who bothers more than just the singer that Victoria is will realize that she is someone who has many layers, almost different personalities - but we all have that, most of Victoria's are closely guarded. Most people are used to seeing Victoria's indifference, passion and strive in the musical arts, or how she can snap into someone confident - borderline arrogant and forward. What others may fail to immediately see is how lost Victoria is at times. Uncertain with her future, and her success. Her confidence and passion are the only things that hide the tired girl who is desperate to find happiness, just a girl underneath everything.

Her biggest fault is how she messed up often. Not with her music, not ever, it'd be pretty hard to accomplish anyway. Her mistakes are often personally constructed, failing to convince someone to turn around, failing to properly share her side of the story, just so many mistakes, failures of her part to right a wrong. Through these, Victoria has learned to be honest and loyal, but also competitive when she has her mind set on something. :.

Hobbies
"An account of all my daily adventures."
.: Ice Skating - Basketball - Drawing - Baking - Dancing:.

.: Movies and TV Shows - Rain - Star Gazing - Fireworks - Duets - Skateboarding :.

Dislikes
"You want me to hit you?"
.: Dragonflies - Crowds of Narrow Minded Idiots - Feeling Regret :.

History
"Let's keep this short and sweet."
Victoria's family was one that was rather spread out - all over the place. Her mother was a lawyer, her father a competent engineer, most of her relatives doctors or were just successful in general. As a child she had the chance to see their worlds - the bright, successful, colored version of it at least - and she knew what she was working towards, at such a young age, too.

However, as she grew up, that awe slowly became a pressure. A heavy, impossible expectation that she could no longer shoulder. It crippled her in many ways, leaving Victoria unable to properly focus, making more mistakes than one could accept, and her parents began to worry. Victoria had many options in terms of careers, and in a short span of a few years, the girl had managed to completely close most of them off.

Either because she simply disliked it, or her performance in academics seemed to write her off as someone who could never fall into that certain career. In her darkest hour, she went out - a lot. Spent more time outside, rather than in a classroom just to find what kind of person she was, without the pressure, money, and future on her back.

Life was confusing for Victoria, there were so many options - not just in careers - to choose, to pick, and some had more consequences than others. She was afraid to take any of them, afraid to say the wrong things, afraid that she'd miss opportunities. The only thing that trumped her fear, was her anger. Anger that was directed at herself for being so weak, so indecisive, and so uncertain. With the time spent away from school and home, she let the anger run free.

Before confronting her parents once more, she sought out her relatives, ones that she could talk freely too. Her Aunt Julia, a truly lovely woman, was the one to pick the pieces and realign them. Balancing the fear and anger, the two made a byproduct of yearning. It was only after talking with her parents, who suggested musical therapy to contain the anger, did they find the potential for her musical abilities.

With hope, and something to properly yearn for, Victoria threw herself right into it, loving every second of the journey she was taking. She was still afraid to speak out of turn, but the pressure was admittedly lighter now. When she's up on that stage, her words carry the same strength that she had found herself, it was hers, not something that can be passed right along, but she can definitely share it. :.

Family
"Nothing interesting here ... just joking."
.: Karen Hale - Mother [48] Lawyer :.
.: Falkner Hale - Father [50] Computer Engineer :.
.: Julia Hale-Ross - Aunt [45] Doctor/Therapist :.

Relationships
"...Can't we keep this quiet?"
.: Viridian Anwes :.
Viridian is her Quill. The two of them share a comfortable silence with one another, but Victoria understands the unspoken words the other girl has, and does what she can to try to help the other girl find the strength to overcome whatever it is that haunts her. They're friends, silent companions.
.: Evelyn Moore :.
Victoria has a crush on the shy Quill. Victoria is drawn into the girl's talent, potential, and not to mention her adorable personality, at the moment they're Baking Buddies - Victoria isn't going to make a move too soon.
.: Eddie Blake :.

Victoria and Edward are Food Buddies - and each others wingman/wingwoman when they need it. Honestly, who doesn't love food, the two definitely love it and have no problem (just a bit. Songbirds need to watch it) eating out an entire establishment out. Easily best friends if one looks past the age difference.
.: Esperanza Thomas :.

Both of them are Songbirds, so there's always that competitive edge for both of them. However, Victoria enjoys Esperanza's general presence, the perfectionist, and aggressive personality matched up with musical talent aside, Victoria takes Esperanza as a close friend - though she may not come out and admit it.

TBC
Pet
"Meet my baby~"
.: Florida Box Turtle :.

Talent Sample
"Fine. I suppose one wouldn't hurt."

Other Talents
"Not many, I'm afraid."
.: Skateboarding - Mixing around Dance styles [The one she's perfecting: Salsa and Street mix) :.

Dorm Image

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
The Quirky Songbird

f44e859895cf5a4b57fb934c54edbaa2.jpg

Ribbon%20line.gif

N A M E
R o x a n n e T a y l o r

S T A G E N A M E
A l i c e

A G E
1 7

G E N D E R
F e m a l e

S E X U A L O R I E N T A T I O N
H e t e r o s e x u a l

M U S I C S T Y L E
A l t e r n a t i v e P o p

P E R S O N A L I T Y
S w e e t
Q u i r k y
D o w n - t o - E a r t h
F r i e n d l y
T i m i d

H O B B I E S
J i g s a w P u z z l e s
S e w i n g
P h o t o g r a p h y

L I K E S
M a t h & N u m b e r s
P a r a n o r m a l A c t i v i t i e s
H o r r o r M o v i e s
V i s u a l E f f e c t s

D I S L I K E S
F r o g Le g s
B i t t e r M e l o n s

H I S T O R Y
Since she was a young girl, Roxanne always wanted to become a singer-song-writer but lack the talent in writing--but she have a beautiful voice. Growing up, she wasn't like the other girls who enjoys listening to pop songs, she is more onto the weird alternative pop--the kind that makes little to no sense in trying to understand the lyrics of the song. She always love singing and dreamed to one day become a known artist one day. Although she is shy and timid when speaking to her personally, she enjoys being up on stage and listening to the crowed cheering her name and listening to her singing.

F A M I L Y

D r . D a n t e T a y l o r , 3 8 y.o [ D o c t o r ]
D i a n n e E l t o n - T a y l o r , 3 9 y.o [ H e r M o m a g e r ]
R i a n n e T a y l o r , 7 y.o [ L i t t l e S i s t e r ]

R E L A T I O N S H I P S
W. I. P

P E T

A female ferret named Todd.

T A L E N T S A M P L E

O T H E R T A L E N T S
She can fit her whole fist in her mouth!!

D O R M R O O M
amazing-girl-bedroom-ideas-white.jpg

It's small and simple, but... wait until you see her closet!

plimare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

QUILL
tumblr_m45qnnGCrd1qjwrhso1_500.png

Name: Edward 'Eddie' Blake

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Music/Lyric Style: R&B and Pop

Personality:
Cocky
Bold
Stubborn
Sarcastic
Persuasive
Tenacious
Hobbies:
Video Games/MMOs
Partying/Party Planning
Trying new foods
Buffets
Cats with short tails
Desserts
Dislikes:
Camo colors (Tacky much?)
Rude People
Needles
Doctors
Nurses
6a0147e2a5361d970b0167667fd384970b-800wi

History:
Eddie always wanted to be a star, and the fact that is lack of singing talent was holding him back from that goal, annoys him to no end. It's true that no one in his family had a lick of musical talent, but he thought that since his poems were widely beloved in his community, and he had a knack for weaving beautiful ballads, he would be an exception. But he wasn't, and man, did that piss him off. He had always been a bold child, meant for the spotlight, not to live in the shadow of some idiot that sang his songs and got all the credit! But Eddie wasn't willing to use auto tune to get himself out there, and he loves music so much that he wouldn't give up his place in AMA for the world.
But there was no way in hell that he would stand to be treated like dirt when he knew he was a damn blessing.
Songbird or not, as a Quill he would get his name out there, and everyone was going to know him.
Family:
Lana Blake - Mother - 39 - Novelist
Nathaniel Blake - Uncle - 22 - Mechanic
??? - Father - ?? - ???
Relationships:
Evelyn - Gaming Bros
Quinn- Roomie
Axel - Friends + Crush
Victoria - Besties
Sophie - Friends (Faint Buddies)
Rayna - Friends with Spats
Sierra - Friends with Spats
Viridian - Gentle Friends

Pet: N/A

Talent Sample:

Other Talents
Iron Stomach
Knows most dances

Last edited:
Sognbird Queen
20438264e54c00a9040eb81075fbbf00.jpg

Name:
Rayna "Ray" Sterling

Stage Name:
Rebelle

Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Music Style:
Hip Hop & Pop

Personality:
Like her stage name says, Rayna is a rebel. She prefers to do her own thing and because of this has become quite independent and hard working. She isn't afraid to speak what's on her mind and often will. Rayna tends to be rather blunt so her words tend to hurt people a lot without realizing though people get the wrong idea and think she just doesn't care. Rayna is the type of girl who stands up for what she believes in and doesn't back down until she's won. Stubborn and persistent, Rayna is known to have her way and is called the 'Queen' of the school. Though Rayna doesn't much care for her title she does her best to live up to it so she doesn't let everyone down. Rayna likes to have a good time and is always looking on the bright side of things. It is rare to see Rayna depressed or upset since she always shuts herself up when feeling this way or hides it behind a fake smile. But despite all this Rayna is rather smart and studies a lot. She is also surprisingly mature and always takes responsibility for her actions

Hobbies:
-Skateboarding
-Listening to music
-Playing the drums
-Doing Parkour

-Star gazing
-Being with friends
-The wild

Dislikes:
-Being put down
-Bullies
-Sushi
-Being forced to do something

History:
Rayna was born into a rich family consisting of a mother, father, and older brother. She was the center of attention for a year until her mother had her little sister. Rayna was too young to care and her sister and her got along well. Rayna was always the more talented of the two though and had more social attention than her sister. Eventually, her and her sister got into a big fight because her little sister was always in Rayna's shadow no matter how much she tried to stand out. Rayna had never realized this so when their parents were finally able to break up the fight, she was traumatized by her sister's truth. After that they never spoke, or even looked at each other, for years. Rayna continued being the star though deep down she wanted her sister to stand by her as the star as well but she knew in this world, it couldn't happen.

When Rayna was 10 their mother died in a freak car accident on her way home from work during a blizzard. A drunk dude had passed out while driving and crashed into their mom on the mountain side. Both died and Rayna's family slowly started to fall apart. Her dad became abusive and took his problems out on the kids but mostly her little sister since she never complained like Rayna and her older brother. Her dad was fired and became a raging alcoholic. Rayna's brother was forced to find work to support them and it thankfully worked. They lived like this until Rayna was 12.

Her brother had gone to a gas station store to buy Rayna and her little sister some junk food for movie night. Every Friday night Rayna's brother had no work and so they had a movie night in his room to get away from everything that had happened that week. While he was there three guys with black masks on walked into the store with guns. Their brother was shot repeatedly because he had tried to leave after paying to get back home. In the end he never came home and his death was on the news the next morning. After that it seemed like everyone at home were strangers. No one talked to each other, their dad completely ignored them, and the house was a cage for them all. When Rayna was 15 her and her sister were sent acceptance letters to AMA weeks after applying there. It was far from home which Rayna hoped would help her get away from all the troubles except for one. Her sister. Rayna left a week later with her sister and hasn't looked back since.

Family:
Emily - Mother - Deceased
James - Father - Alive
Mason - Brother - Deceased
Sierra - Sister - Alive

Relationships:
WIP

Pet:
Hope - Hamster - Female

Talent Sample:

Other Talents:
Speaks Spanish, German, Arabic, and Chinese
Cooking
Street Dancing

Dorm Image
tumblr_mo5ho7nADp1sv4lvmo1_500.png

Quill Kitty
latest

Name:
Sierra "Si" Sterling

Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Music Style:
Pop and Country

Personality:
Sierra is nicknamed 'Kitty' for a reason which every other Quill and Songbird knows. She mostly keeps to herself but watches her surroundings carefully, like a cat. Not only that but when she feels it's needed, she speak up for herself or someone else and refuse to back down. Sierra is amazing when it comes to balance and her moves are always graceful whether she's walking or turning a page in a book. She is a nice girl who puts others before herself and doesn't believe in things like gossip and rumors. Sierra thinks quickly and has fats reflexes which has helped her a lot in her life. She works hard with everything she does and does her best at all times. Sierra spends a lot of time studying and always gets high marks in most of her classes. She is very mature for her age and quite responsible. Sierra is a gentle girl who does her best to keep calm and make the best out of most situations

Hobbies:
-Reading
-Listening to music
-Playing violin
-Writing

-Sweets
-Watching movies
-Telling stories

Dislikes:
-Tight spaces
-Horror movies
-Guns
-Bullies

History:
Sierra was born into a rich family consisting of a mother, father, older sister, and older brother. Sierra became the center of attention but didn't care and always preferred to play with her older sister. Sierra was the more quiet of the two though and constantly found herself in the shadow of her sister's glory. Eventually, Sierra and her sister got into a big fight because Sierra was sick and tired of being in her sister's shadow all the time. When their parents were finally able to break up the fight Sierra hated her sister more since she was to caught up in her life to care about Sierra at all. After that they never spoke, or even looked at each other, for years. Sierra continued being her sister's shadow even though deep down she wanted to be a star of her own but she knew that in this world, it couldn't happen.

When Sierra was 9 their mother died in a freak car accident on her way home from work during a blizzard. A drunk dude had passed out while driving and crashed into their mom on the mountain side. Both died and Sierra's family slowly started to fall apart. Her dad became abusive and took his problems out on the kids but mostly herself since she never complained like her older sister and her older brother. Her dad was fired and became a raging alcoholic. Sierra's brother was forced to find work to support them and it thankfully worked. They lived like this until Sierra was 11.

Her brother had gone to a gas station store to buy Sierra and her older sister some junk food for movie night. Every Friday night Sierra's brother had no work and so they had a movie night in his room to get away from everything that had happened that week. While he was there three guys with black masks on walked into the store with guns. Their brother was shot repeatedly because he had tried to leave after paying to get back home. In the end he never came home and his death was on the news the next morning. After that it seemed like everyone at home were strangers. No one talked to each other, their dad completely ignored them, and the house was a cage for them all. When Sierra was 14 her and her sister were sent acceptance letters to AMA weeks after applying there. It was far from home which Sierra hoped would help her get away from all the troubles except for one. Her sister. Sierra left a week later with her sister and hasn't looked back since.

Family:
Emily - Mother -Deceased
James - Father - Alive
Mason - Brother - Deceased
Rayna - Sister - Alive

Relationships:
Evel - Good Friend - Alive
Viridian - On Good Terms - Alive

Pet:
Faith - Guinea Pig - Female

Talent Sample:

Other Talents:
Speaks French, Japanese, Portuguese, and Russian
Cooking
Art

Not sure if you're starting IC soon, but I won't be here for 2 days (today, tomorrow) just a heads up. Just in case. DX

Not sure if you're starting IC soon, but I won't be here for 2 days (today, tomorrow) just a heads up. Just in case. DX
Don't worry, I won't start the ic until I get at least three more quills. ^_^

Quill

Apperance: Am going through a technical dificulty, so I'll describe her she has milky white skin, long wavy dark brown hair, and hazel eyes

Name: Holly Lancaster

Sexual orrientation: Hetero sexual

Musical style: Singer song writer (yes it is a gengre look it up)

Personality: Nerdy, laid back, awkward,
and nice

Hobbies: Writing in general, reading, and listening to music

Dislikes: The color pink, stereo typical songs or song that are not meaningful,
and people who won't listen to her ideas

History: When she was ten days old her father died in a car crash. When she was five years old her step father beat her
mom to her death and got arrested for it.
Now she is on foster care. Her only
comfort is writing she likes to write to express her emotions. She writes singer songwriter songs. When
she was thirteen she applied to AMA and
got a full scholarship. Now she is good at
singing even though she prefers just
writing songs over performing.

Family: Clarissa -Mom
Mathew- Dad
Peter- Step Dad

Pet: A ferret named "Blaze"

Relationship: She thinks she might have
a crush on a songbird guy

Talent sample:

@elise
Okay, so you need to go back through your CS and make some edits. Capital letters in particular.

Also please elaborate on what this means:

"Her only
comfort is writing she nearly has ever
meet someone she calls a friend."

The Music style needs to be a musical genre. Like is she good at writing rap or do her lyrics go better with country songs? etc.
In family, even though her family is dead, include their names and the name of her stepfather.

Hmm I'm considering making a songbird also

Hmm I'm considering making a songbird also
Actually I'm putting a temporary hold on songbirds because there are four already and only one established Quill and one w.i.p Quill.

1. What do I have to capilize I checked it twice
2. Singer songwriter IS a musical style it's what Christina Perri does

1. What do I have to capilize I checked it twice
2. Singer songwriter IS a musical style it's what Christina Perri does

As real as it might be, I doubt that anyone else might actually know what it is. What we look for, or understand at least are genres. Like rap, blues, screamo, etc.

As far as capitals go, there isn't any that you're missing, I'd say missing one or two is fine, it's more important to have a well established filled out character than it is to worry about one or two grammar mistakes. (Key word: one or two. And you've already checked twice.

As real as it might be, I doubt that anyone else might actually know what it is. What we look for, or understand at least are genres. Like rap, blues, screamo, etc.

As far as capitals go, there isn't any that you're missing, I'd say missing one or two is fine, it's more important to have a well established filled out character than it is to worry about one or two grammar mistakes. (Key word: one or two. And you've already checked twice.
Please don't GM for me. I've already handled this issue privately with the user.

Please don't GM for me. I've already handled this issue privately with the user.

Sorry.. saw you werent online and didnt want us all to wait. Glad the issue is solved

I changed it again BTW singer song writer is a gengre look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.