Somnium Fracta: The Opfernacht Symposium | OPEN/ACCEPTING

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 character slots are taken. 10 character slots are open.

5/10 players have been accepted.

Name: Theseus
Race: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Height: 6'9
Weight: 213 Pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Skin Color: Tan

Personality: Theseus is a strong driven human. He believes in honor and the Gods above all else. Through perseverance he believes any goal can be accomplished no matter how helpless the situation. He will always be the first to charge into battle. He has never feared any enemy and will fight until his last breath is drawn. There is nothing more earning of his respect than strength and loyalty to your friends. Theseus would swear his allegiance to allies and do his best to protect them.

Theseus often struggles with nightmares of his beloved Persophie. Often times he dreams of her betrayal or of her death. His ultimate goal is to return to her side and give her all the love she could ever hope for. Theseus doesn't take constructive criticism well and is quick to anger. His pride is often the reason for his downfalls seeing as he rarely asks for help when he needs it. It's best to remind him that everything can be accomplished with teamwork.

Biography: Theseus was born in Sparta. He was named after his father, Theseus the son of Poseidon. Like his father, he chose to remain mortal and die when his time came. He grew up fighting alongside his brother Hermacules. The two of them endured harsh training in order to participate in fierce battles that would test their strength. Theseus was far better with the sword than his brother. In turn, Theseus gained his father's favor. Hermacules felt a hatred in his heart grow and he challenged Theseus in fight to the death when the two of them were just sixteen.

Theseus refused to kill his brother and spared his life in the arena. Hermacules felt that his brother's act of mercy was another way in which he had been mocked. While Theseus had his back turned, his brother struck him. The wound which should have been fatal eventually healed and Hermacules was sent to exile instead of the death penalty thanks to his brother's forgiveness. At age seventeen, Theseus once again picked up the sword and revealed that he was even better than before.

It had been six months since he had seen his brother last. His mother, Aethra continued to mourn for her son who had been exiled and blamed Theseus for the family's problems. She died on Theseus's eighteenth birthday after cursing him. Shortly after Theseus fell in love with Persophie, the daughter of an allied kingdom. Unfortunately, Theseus mysteriously disappeared the night after the wedding leaving a heartbroken and pregnant Persophie.

Power: Empathy

Weapon: Greek Shortsword

Equipment: Iron Shield, Talisman of the Warrior, Amulet of Protection

Text Color: Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Tan

Character Song:

"Bad Machine" by Dark Stares
[See my character in Action]

I want it.
I need it.
I got it.
Believe it.

I see her.
Her fire.
Two feelings
In spirals

I want in
I want out
just wanted to feel proud
A change of season
Or something to believe in

You know it feels like heaven
Lord I try, I can't find the reason
So come on

We're facing the ceiling
Escaping or dreaming
I wanted a piece of the action
In this town

I want in
I want out
Just wanted to feel proud
A change of a Caesar
Or something to believe in

More I try I can't find the reason
Lord I try I can't find the reason

Staind - For You
Crossfade - Cold
Five Finger Death Punch - Battle Born
All That Remains - The Waiting One

Physical Appearance:
Top-10-best-Hercules-movies-and-tv-series-The-Legend-of-Hercules-.jpg

[Credit to the creators of "The Legend of Hercules"] Image retrieved from {http://www.swide.com/art-culture/top-10-best-hercules-movies-and-tv-series/2014/01/10}

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, uh, I just wanted to ask something really quick, is it ok to our characters curse? Like, not really horrible curse words, but those that people usually use.

Hey, uh, I just wanted to ask something really quick, is it ok to our characters curse? Like, not really horrible curse words, but those that people usually use.

Everything is fair game for profanity, so you may be as creative with your swears as you like. c:

Kate Florea

Sexuality: pansexual
Height: 5'6
Weight: 115lbs
Eye: black
Hair: black
Skin: pale/fair

Personality: Very open and obvious, she faces her own dark secrets as she doesn't remember where she is from or what she used to do. She has self harming tendencies and occasionally starts crying for no apparent reason. She is often a caring person who is willing to take the time to understand others and is also a very sharp person and, coupled with her empathetic nature and power, allows her to sometimes be one step ahead of the game. Her emotional break downs and occasional bouts of anxiety and depression can cause trouble and disdain among other people. She had few friends because of her random emotions, and often finds herself bouncing in between relationships because her mind and mood constantly changes. This has led to her being bullied often, mostly being called a slut or a whore in response to her inability to decide on a steady relationship.

Bio: Kate was born in a family of refugees. She quickly befriended Mandolyn, who stayed as her only friend through thick and thin. The girls had a similar out look on life and were very out going. The families of the girls were middle class and lived in the middle of a city, but never felt they belonged. Kate became handy with a rifle and was in a militia for a brief time, while her friend Mandolyn couldn't bring herself to fight so she instead packed around a decent sized knife that she swore to never use. Tragedy struck, and as several militaries rushed to prevent it from spreading, all inside the city where pulled into a twisted war. Chemical weapons bombarded the poor inhabitants, and the girls fled only to accidentally stumble upon a dead fellow in the street. They copied the application, and followed the address to falsely enroll to escape the apocalyptic setting of their home cities. On the way there, they were attacked by other refugees and Kate hasn't seen her friend Mandolyn since. She hopes to find her friend at their planned destination- but that was a year ago.
Power: Empathy
Weapon: CARB Machine Gun
Equipment: Flint and steel, firewood and tent

Text colors: (I'm rather indifferent because it's a pain for me to do colors on mobile, however if the GM has a color they prefer for me, then I'll go with it)
Appearance: Black hair, dark eyes and a rather pale completion. She is very soft on the eyes, and very petite. She has slight abdominal muscles from her frequent running. For an image, click on her name above (it's a hyperlink)
Playlists:
You're gonna go far kid by The Offspring
Pain by Three Days Grace

--------------------------------------

Name: Mandolyn
Sexuality: Bisexual, leans straight
Height: 5'4
Weight: 105
Eye: brown
Hair: light brown
Skin: semi-tan

Personality: Mandolyn has a loud persona, and is willing to let the world know what's wrong or right in her eyes. She is a lover, not a fighter. She has never maintained a steady relationship due to her inability to keep her ideas to herself. Mandolyn is strongly against violence, often becoming a vegetarian unless she has no other option but to eat meat. She is very stubborn but wants what's best for everyone, even people she dislikes. She rarely cries, often having a bubbly personality and attitude on life.

Bio: Growing up in a city sucks for someone who is nice. Mandolyn waved at everyone, held open doors and often went out of her way to help people but rarely got a thanks. Mandolyn was young, but she remembers when a girl stumbled into town and couldn't remember a thing about where she had been, done or anything, really. Mandolyn's neighbors adopted the girl, Kate, who later became her best friend. They grew up together and had a lot of good times despite the drama that seemed to follow Kate everywhere. At age 15,a chemical bombardment forced the pair to leave the city. On their way out, they discovered a dead man who had an invitation to Somnium Fracta. The girls copied the enrollment invitation, and proceeded to the school. On their way out of the city, the pair decided to camp in a forest. It was there that other refugees discovered them and attacked them. Mandolyn created an escape window for her friend, and out of retaliation was brutally tortured and raped. Mandolyn's personality took a nose dive. She was held captive for months before escaping and stealing some items from the other refugees.

Power: Clairvoyance
Weapon: Panther Rifle
Equipment: Amulet of protection, Canned beans and a solar powered lantern
Physical appearance: Very skinny and pretty. She can catch many eyes when she is in a room, and wears loose fitting shirts when when she can. She wears her hair down, and is often seen smiling. (Again, name is a hyperlink)

Text color: (whatever is preferable by GM)
Playlist:
Take Back the Night by TryHardNinja
When the Day met Night by Panic! At the disco

Last edited:
@Maddeline Ohmygawd it's Godzilla!<33

Why yes it is ^_^
I'm a godzilla freak, I know an unhealthy amount of knowledge on the character and fan girl for the new movie anytime I see a trailer xD

Pfffft, yes @Maddeline , I saw the trailer in the theatre, and totally flipped the fuck out.

Alright, guys. I have some good news, and some bad news . . .

Good news - I think it's time to start the RP! I haven't gotten any new applications for a while, and we now have ten characters, and I think this is enough to begin. c: I am currently busy with my writing work, and I need to get your goodies together. But expect to see stuff popping up over the next week or so.

Bad news - The USB stick on which all my gamemaster's notes and the list of events for the game were on has been . . . compromised. hadespyre (who is our dear resident programmer) was able to recover a bunch of the data on my USB, but I don't know yet if my GM notes are one of those things. Sooo the game might be slower for a bit, as I may have to rewrite my notes and all the worldbuilding. I am deeply sorry to everyone for this. OTL

Hi all,

I have managed recover a significant portion of our gamemaster notes but we still have some work to do getting things back in line with where we were. So as CassieDrey said, things may go a little bit slower at the start but we don't envision it taking very long to get back on track with where we wanted it to be. I'm looking forward to getting this going and having a lot of "fun" with all of you.

*Laughs maniacally*

OH good. THis will be fun. So sorry about all that work you'll have to do.

And now you've made me feel like you're going to kill me.

Is it too late for me to join in? I think I have read everything, but this is still my first time playing a group RP, so I might be that person who does everything wrong. I am quick to learn and I am online every day so posting and keeping up with events wont be a problem for me. Please notice me senpais!

Is it too late for me to join in? I think I have read everything, but this is still my first time playing a group RP, so I might be that person who does everything wrong. I am quick to learn and I am online every day so posting and keeping up with events wont be a problem for me. Please notice me senpais!

Yes, we are still accepting applications!

And it's alright, if you need extra help, you can always shoot me a PM. c:

Serath Uni

Race: Elf
Sexuality: Straight
Height: 6'
Weight: 175lbs
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Black
Skin color: Caucasian

Personality: Serath is an intelligent and careful Elf, he doesn't like taking action before thinking over the results but is intelligent enough for the thinking process to not take too much time. He also likes to make jokes, his desire is for people to like him, laugh and generally have a good time. He loves other people and would like to make friends out of everyone, which leads to his flaw. He easily feels lonely and starts overthinking things and if he doesn't have friends to rely on he will eventually break and start being less altruistic and more selfish over time.

Despite thinking of himself as an intelligent elf, Serath finds it hard to hold a direction in life. He loves being handed a problem he can think trough and solve and hates being ignored when he finds a solution to it. Both a positive and negative quality is him avoiding a verbal fight, he won't yell at anyone for doing things wrong and neither will he put his foot down when he is being mistreated.

Bio: Seraths early life was harsh. He was born with a skin disease which made him remove himself from social life. He mostly sat in the forests by himself instead of running around having fun with others, being alone with his thoughts made him intelligent, since there was nothing else for him to do. His parents did his best to try and treat him, but his skin condition didn't improve. At 17, he ended up being smarter then most Elfs around him, but found that all the intelligence in the world doesn't fill the loneliness that he gathered trough the years.

His goal is acquiring more wisdom and intelligence with everything he does. Everything he tries to do he mostly does better then average, so he quickly found his way into modern technology. Managing to gather or borrow many electronic devices he started exploring the internet, connecting to minds from all over the world, quickly learning things that he didn't even know existed. Suddenly he was behind a computer for most of every day, playing games or watching movies, everything just to broaden his own experience.

One day, discovered his ability of healing. He used it to rid himself of his skin disease, the pain that marked him and his personality for his entire life. He still never found confidence in his appearance and barely ever shows more of his skin then just his face and hands, the damage to his self image has been made but somehow he still managed to keep his childlike optimism trough it all.

Powers:
Healing
Super Speed & Strength

Weapon: Shortsword

Equipment: Flashlight (x1 set batteries)
Iron Shield

Text Color: Dark Green, Blue, Dark Blue, Dark Grey, Orange

Character Song:
Anberlin- Paperthin Hymn

Hybrid - Disappear Here (mostly just for the part after 2:15)

and then something a bit more fun:

(For the RP playlist! A song that defines your character by stating their internal struggles and/or beliefs. Pick 3-5 songs by artists not already on the playlist for best results.)

Physical Appearance: Serath has pale skin from staying indoors most of the time, despite being an elf. He has soft brown eyes and always has a smile on his face. He usually sits in a way that allows his hand to stroke his short scruffy beard, which he is very proud of being only 18. It hasn't fully grown throughout his facial area yet, but he loves it nonetheless. He has short hair and always wears clothes that have a hood that he can hide his eyes under. Usually he wears darker colored clothes, that provide him with good mobility. He has no wounds on his skin now, but still doesn't feel comfortable showing more then his hands and face, hiding the rest of his body under pants that reach down to his ankles and long sleeves.

Is there any room left for another application? If not it's fine, otherwise I'd like to join ^^'

Gulliver is still interested, but this next week is finals. So, just in case anything starts, I'm on hiatus.

Is there any room left for another application? If not it's fine, otherwise I'd like to join ^^'

Yes, we're still accepting applications! At this point, there are two player slots left.

Status
Not open for further replies.