Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
horror, supernatural/sci-fi elements, urban fantasy, post-apocalyptic, and pretty much anything involving crime.
SOMETHING WICKED.

intro
━━━━━━━​

it started in salem. years of persecution caused witches to migrate south to new orleans, where they left their mark and started anew. however, the numbers aren’t quite what they used to be. the quiet city of havencrest, louisiana-- only thirty minutes down the road from new orleans-- is home to one of the few functioning covens. they’re a small group of six, and practiced in the craft and their respective abilities. however, the coven of havencrest is far from welcoming, and for good reason. it's a dangerous world for witches among all the religious zealots, hunters, and those who would otherwise gain from any harm that came to them. they must remain illusive in order to protect both themselves and each other, and above all else, keep the coven alive.

plot
━━━━━━━​

it's been one year since twenty-two year old camila reyes went missing. her absence has felt like a cavity in the secluded and lackadaisical town of havencrest, yet no one misses her more than the ones who followed her. what the citizens of havencrest failed to realize is that when this girl went and disappeared, she left behind a legacy. camila wasn't just some poor missing face to stick on the back of a newspaper, she was a witch--a witch who created and ruled a coven of others just like her who still reside within the town. to this day, what happened to the head witch haunts her former coven because they know that eventually, whatever took her is going to come back for them. it's only a matter of time.

rules
━━━━━━━​
↠ activity | please be dedicated and active! as a college student with a full-time job, i totally understand being stretched for time, but this is a limited group roleplay, and if one person bails, the entire thing comes to a screeching halt. tell me if you're going to be away for a period of time so we can pause the thread, or maybe even work around your character for however long you need.

↠ literacy | i'm going to call this thread literate for my own sake, but don't worry too much about post length. dynamic characters, relationships, and plots mean so much more to me than writing a novel just to meet a word count. proper grammar and spelling (for the most part) are expected though!

↠ content | be prepared for dark, intense themes throughout this roleplay! if that isn't your thing, i don't recommend joining. however, any sexually explicit content should be taken elsewhere.

↠ discord & ooc | almost all ooc discussion and plotting will take place in the roleplay's discord server. joining is more of a requirement than anything else, considering practically everything except the actual ic will happen there, and it's super important that everyone's involved. it's important that you join the server before making a character.

↠ diversity | i really appreciate diverse characters, especially in group roleplays! lgbtq+, different ethnicies/races, the whole shebang. if you're not cool with that, don't join and step off my thread.

↠ character creation | so here's the tea: i'm super lenient when it comes to creating characters. they're yours to make, and i'm not going to get in the way of that. just make sure to follow the general rules and lore of the thread. all witches have a familiar and at least 1-3 unique abilities.

↠ one final note | i'm really lowkey, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask! there might be some information i missed or wasn't entirely clear on.

joining & character creation
━━━━━━━​

there are exactly six spots for this roleplay, two of which are already taken. that means we're looking for four people. if you're interested, just join the discord server linked below. after that, you're more than welcome to make a character! please make sure that all character sheets go in the character index--this thread is simply for explanation purposes, some discussion, tracks, etc.

lore
━━━━━━━​
witches // being gifted with powers and abilities isn't always due to genes, although in a few rare cases there have been long bloodlines of witches. a majority of the time a child is born with a tiny bit of magic that is usually left unnoticed, only in the presence of other witches does the magic grow powerful enough to harvest and control.

abilities // witches share the common ability of spell casting, potion-making, heightened senses, and divination. all witches can control the four elements to a minor extent. however, individual abilities vary from witch to witch. backpacking that, many witches have physic abilities [ex: clairvoyance, telekinesis, telepathy, etc.] or abilities that correlate to the natural world [nature, the elements, the afterlife, etc.], typically one of the two and rarely both.

familiar spirits // supernatural entities that act as a witch's lifelong companion and assist them in their craft. all witches have a familiar spirit, or a familiar for short. they typically take on the form of a household pet, but some may change their appearance over time, as they are not confined to one shape. a witch cannot choose their familiar; instead, the familiar chooses their witch. however, in some rare cases, familiars are given as a gift to young witches, typically by a parent or trusted guardian. obviously, witches can communicate with their familiar and vice versa. in most cases, familiars can also communicate with other beings if they choose to do so.

havencrest // a small town just east of new orleans with a continuously budding population. citizens are oblivious to the coven that dwells within the town, and the witches want to keep it that way out of fear. only those specifically chosen by the coven may learn about the existence of this group.

hunters // humans who have taken up a life of hunting down supernatural creatures for one reason or another--most are born into it but not all. their shooting is precise, their methods of getting information are painful, and their knowledge is vast. unfortunately, witches fall under their radar, and as a result, some hypothesize that they're to blame for camila's mysterious disappearance.

blood magic // the use of blood or a sacrifice to strengthen one's magic. a forbidden art that usually summons the presence of very dark forces. it is strictly forbidden within the coven.

dark magic // magic that calls upon darker forces to cause harm to others. another form of magic that is forbidden and can attract the attention of less than desirable beings. hexes and curses fall under this category.

camila reyes // the previous head of the coven who disappeared one year ago when she was only twenty-two years old. camila brought together the coven when she was a sophomore in high school, the year she first moved to havencrest with her single mother. she was a beautiful sight for the eyes which was one of the reasons many people couldn't help but to notice her. she had the unique ability to control gravity.

book of shadows // a large journal that is passed on from head witch to head witch when the time comes. it was once in the hands of camila, but before that, no one knows who possessed it. the day camila disappeared, the remaining witches found the book in her bedroom buried beneath her laundry. the book of shadows has lists of spells, charms, and potions, along with personal entries from past witches. since camila's disappearance, no one has claimed the book of shadows nor have they opened it.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: fudgecakez
Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: fudgecakez
updated a few things, just one spot available as of now.

Last edited:
track le track

Reactions: viscera.
just one spot left. (,:

Not sure how I missed this but it looks fun. I've noticed that so far there are only females. Is it a girl's only thing? Just making sure. I know some people prefer their covens to only hold female characters. I actually have a past character that may fit here. Though I could change their gender if it's an issue.

@Iceydaze
hey, thanks for the interest! masc-aligned characters are totally fine. (-: we just happen to have an all-girl gang right now, lmao.

Reactions: Iceydaze
ooh i saw this on xanje, i think, but all the spots were already taken :'(
are there any spots left this time around? it's cool if not uwu

@altai — hey! sorry for the super late reply, i saw this n forgot to respond.
tbh the roleplay is ,, technically full ?? but we can squeak one more in if you still want to join! just lmk, and i’ll shoot you an invite to the discord if you’re game.​

it's actually okay, i've got a crazy busy summer obviously due to my l a t e response
sorry to take up your time; have fun everyone!!

Reactions: viscera.