Something Something Bad Clickbait Title. Hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shinigami02

Original poster
So I wanted to do something clickbait-y with my title, but I couldn't come up with anything, so you get that monster up there. Aanyways, on a more serious note. Hi, I'm Shinigami02, but you can call me Shini. Before anyone asks (or think of asking), no my name does not come from Deathnote. It originally comes from Gundam Wing. Right, disclaimer out of the way, where was I...

So, I've been doing what I will probably refer to for a while as "Freestyle" (side-effect of my other site) RP for a while, as in since '08 while. That said, for the last two years or so I've mainly been involved in Pathfinder on another site, so I'm a bit, shall we say, Rusty? I was never the world's greatest RPer, and in fact have been told I can't make an interesting character to save my life... Okay, the "can't" and "to save my life" are being told by myself. I have minimal self-confidence, get depressed easily, have minimal life experiences... oh wait, I'm supposed to write about my upsides? Ooooh...

Yeah, if you can't tell I do use a lot of humor. I can be serious when the situation calls for it, serious RPs are totally a good thing, but expect comedy when I can get away with it. Even serious RPs need something to release the tension occasionally, right? Let's see, what else about me? I have no problem keeping track of a *ton* of games at once, I think the fact that I got into online RP around the same time I hit puberty may have had something to do with that, but usually prefer to keep to one character per game because I am horrible at playing off myself. I will claim I can't solo-write worth a dang, heck I will claim I can't do a lot of things worth a dang, take most of them with a grain of salt, but when it comes to writing I really do need someone to play off of.

Other things: I want to be an artist, but have the horrible combination of lacking self confidence and a history with a horrible art teacher (if you weren't one of his "special" naturally gifted students, you were left by the wayside and generally failed, and the only thing I can do "naturally" art-wise is stick figures.) I'm also a student of Programming, and that one I am good at. I do what gaming I can on my non-existent budget and horrid internet, mostly PC because yay freebies and I have a mild addiction to modding what paid games I do have. I'm also an avid reader (scifi/fantasy mostly,) an avid movie buff (same genres,) and master of Google-fu.

Soooo yeah, any questions?

Hello and Welcome to Iwaku. I actually was gonna ask if you were a deathnote fan with that name but you ruined my soul for saying it's not from death note. And I see your a pc gamer, as that's cool! I used to have a POS but then the moment I got contracted into an organization to become a pro I was like well, it's time to upgrade. But anyways enjoy your day and feel free to ask any questions!

Don't get me wrong, I adore Death Note, Ryuk is amazing, but I do see that misconception a lot.

Yup you broke my heart </3. Though Ryuk is kule

Heh. You sound like an interesting guy. I didn't expect your name to be from death note or Gundam wing, partially because I've never seen those series only heard of them, and partially because I actually thought it was referring to just "death gods" in general, particularly because you added the words "you get that monster up there." As you can see I took it literally. :P

It's nice to meet you. I also can't art worth my salt beyond the stick figure genre, though from me you don't have to take that statement with a grain of salt. And don't worry about allegedly not being the best RPer. For some people here, English is not even their first language. I'm sure you'll find your niche in our community. :D

Last edited:
Joker-Hi-GIF.gif

Welcome to Iwaku, where all your hopes and dreams come to either relive themselves or die depending on how you write. I'm Logic and I'll be your madman of the day. Need anything? Go ahead and message me.​

Hey Shini, welcome to Iwaku!
I've never seen such an in-depth arrival post, but it's awesome to know so much about you already :D

If you have any questions regarding the site, please don't hesitate to ask, and I hope to see you around :)

Hi there and welcome to Iwaku!

I have not seen your characters and thus cannot judge how well you make them but if you're interested in honing your skills, we have a content section here with all kinds of guides and exercises posted by staff and even other members! One that you might find of interest is our Developing Characters & Cultures section.

If you need help with anything around the site, you can try hitting up Help Desk (there might already be a thread with your question, even) or nabbing a staff member to ask. Staff are in reds, which makes us stand out. I hope you enjoy it here!

Hiiii Shini. 8D I also always find a way to slide comedy even in to my most serious of roleplays. >:] It gives it a little extra pizazz.

The highest of fives for the Gundam Wing reference. *Lets his weeb side show*

Hey dude, welcome to the site. I'm Astaroth, one of the Lead Security Staff and in charge of bapping people for bad behavior. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you.

Heyo, Shini! Welcome to Iwaku! Please enjoy yourself here, and feel free to contact me anytime for anything.

Also, YOUR ART DOESN'T SUCK. EMPHATICALLY, NO.

Hey! Welcome to Iwaku!

I'd love to see some of your art.

Comedy I love comedy! 8D
although I'm pretty terrible at it myself ^_^

welcome to iwaku!

Hi, Shini! Your vatar reminds me vaguely of Homestuck. Probably the greys. ANYWAYS, now that I've either made you love me or hate me, welcome to Iwaku!

Hm, you have a hard time with characters, you say? I might be able to help you with that, or at least point you in the right direction, if you want to work on that while you're here. I've been RPing since about... 2002? Don't quote me on that. I'm 26, going to be 27 on the 17th, and have been playing since my 13th birthday, and I suck at math about age. =D

As for self-confidence, that will come as you explore yourself and allow yourself to learn. Don't give up, because already, I can tell that you're a pretty awesome person. All things come with practice. I used to have super low confidence, too, and it took a long time for me to gain the confidence I have today. Consider me your very own cheerleader!

BUT UH YEAH. This is my awkward hello and welcoming. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.