Something epic blows this way

Was this information helpful, are you going to use it.

• Yes it was very helpful I'm going to use this.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes it was helpful, but I'm not going to use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was kind of helpful, i'll consider using it.

• It was kind of helpful, I'm not going to use it.

• It wasn't helpful, I'm going to try using it hwoever.

• It wasn't hlepful, I might try and use it.

• I find the process confusing

• Total voters
Z

Zorilla

Original poster
So I’ve found out many roleplayers are like me and suck at grammar. I’ve seen and heard many stories like my own, where school didn’t teach it enough or they didn’t teach it in away that you could grasp it. So in my latter days I’ve been on the search and quest to better my grammar, particularly so I can succeed in college. I’ve found a wonderful book called Elements of Style by Strunk & White. Now that is an online version of the book, I still encourage a purchase of it it’s ten bucks to spend.

How to use this:
1) Read it and it’s examples, be patient take it one point at a time.
2) Isolate the points in the book take each one that you struggle with one at a time.
3) The ‘big fancy words’ that you do not know look them up. If you can identify a Parenthetical Expression you can consciously implement the rules.
4) Take each section and put it in your writing. If you do not use it you can never get better at it.

Conclusion:
I love this book, it’s not incredibly hard to read not many big words or anything. However it is necessary that you look the vocabulary up, it’s almost as easy as typing into Google ‘what is a parenthetical expression’. Just give it a try.

Thanks for that link, Zorilla. As I am aiming to become better and better at writing, I will most likely use that book quite often to improve my style and the general atmosphere of my writing.

Nice find, Zori! Would you mind if I moved this discussion to the Academy? I think it would be very helpful there.

You are a mod, I am a member, you do not have to ask me xD xD I wasn't sure 'where' it should be posted.... So I just did it... Sure you can move it. Thanks for the curtiesy of asking.