FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Exactly what it says on the tin. I've had that hankering for a good science fiction roleplay lately, so I'm offering up a few ideas here; they vary from those that lean towards action to those that are more drama-heavy, those that are more light-hearted to those with a more somber tone. A couple are open to the possibility of romance, but I don't RP sex scenes, so despite the obvious comedic potential, I'm afraid none of them will feature the protagonists attempting to work out the foibles of zero-gravity bangin'. Any other pertinent information, including my writing ability (and the writing ability I prefer in partners), can be found in my profile.

1. Drama/science fiction. Two sisters, estranged from one another by personal strife and the vastness of space, find themselves brought back together by the passing of a parent; they must figure out if there's really a place for one another in their lives, or if time and space have simply left nothing between them. Think of the basic spirit of this idea as being a juxtaposition of the immensity and the loneliness of space against an intensely personal examination of the relationship between these two siblings-- exploring a complex, intimate bond tested by time and space. I've used the word 'space' way too many times in this paragraph.

2. (taken) Science fiction/dark fantasy. A young princess-- scion of the immortal royal family which rules over a lost worldship-- decides she's bored of sitting around enjoying the luxuries of her regal upbringing. What's a young space princess yearning for excitement to do? Well, if you're this particular young space princess, you decide to set out in search of adventure and secrets-- dragging along your very exasperated knight/retainer/bodyguard. This RP is based around the setting of a story I've been working on for a while, so there's a good bit of established lore and setting information already, but I definitely want anybody who's interested in this to feel free to help contribute to the setting and the history; I don't want anybody feeling like they have no creative input. Otherwise, the idea here is an adventure in the 'science fiction through a dark fantasy lens' setting of a mysterious worldship drifting through the stars.

3. Science fiction/drama/action. This is probably the closest of the lot to conventional sci fi. The gist of what I'm thinking here is a protagonist who struggles with the weight of destiny and responsibility, and the concurrent struggle of another protagonist (perhaps a friend, perhaps a romantic interest, perhaps a sibling, perhaps something else) to help shoulder their burdens. Something is threatening everything the protagonists know-- something that could leave the galaxy in ruin-- and perhaps by destiny, perhaps by some strange twist of fate, perhaps by sheer bad luck, it all falls upon the shoulders of one of our characters to save everything they hold dear. This RP is meant to examine the kind of emotional and mental trauma such an enormous responsibility can wreak upon a person, but also to examine how just one other person-- a sibling, a friend, a lover-- can heal their pain and have a role all their own in that salvation.

4. (taken) Science fiction/western. I suspect this is the least developed idea of the four; the setting is a lonesome, far-off planet, the ideal place for somebody to go if they're seeking a fresh start somewhere quiet and remote. It's got the rugged desert atmosphere of a western, the frontier justice and themes of banditry and retribution, combined with the isolation and vastness of space. Potential plot points could include a chance encounter between a native and a mysterious immigrant; an off-worlder who attempts to make a new life on the frontier but is haunted by their past; a sheriff's struggle to preserve peace and law in a world that seems bereft of both; an official from a galactic authority attempting to reconcile the beauty and comfort of the metropolises at the heart of civilised space with the destitution and violence they discover in this lonely corner of space.

That's about it for now. If any of these has snagged your interest, by all means, post here or shoot me a PM, and we can talk. If none of these has snagged your interest, by all means, post here or shoot me a PM, and we can talk anyway. Maybe you can suggest some ideas of your own. Maybe we can chat about Murray Rothbard's interpretation of the theory of laissez-faire economics. I'm open to that.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: determinator
@Rainforest Spirit
- Exactly how strict are you on the posting level thing?
- Do you think you'd be posting more than once a week for these?

- I'm definitely interested in learning more about Plot #2 (if you'll have me) =]

- Exactly how strict are you on the posting level thing?
- Do you think you'd be posting more than once a week for these?
- I'm definitely interested in learning more about Plot #2 (if you'll have me) =]
I don't think I'm particularly imperious where the standard of writing is concerned; I'm not looking for Faulkner or anything here. And aye, I reckon so, as I'm currently involved in only one other RP on this site.

Certainly! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're so inclined and we can discuss that idea.

Reactions: castigat
3. Science fiction/drama/action. This is probably the closest of the lot to conventional sci fi. The gist of what I'm thinking here is a protagonist who struggles with the weight of destiny and responsibility, and the concurrent struggle of another protagonist (perhaps a friend, perhaps a romantic interest, perhaps a sibling, perhaps something else) to help shoulder their burdens. Something is threatening everything the protagonists know-- something that could leave the galaxy in ruin-- and perhaps by destiny, perhaps by some strange twist of fate, perhaps by sheer bad luck, it all falls upon the shoulders of one of our characters to save everything they hold dear. This RP is meant to examine the kind of emotional and mental trauma such an enormous responsibility can wreak upon a person, but also to examine how just one other person-- a sibling, a friend, a lover-- can heal their pain and have a role all their own in that salvation.

I can provide an interesting idea for this one if you like.

man, i appreciate the shit out of this thread lmao

man, i appreciate the shit out of this thread lmao
I appreciate this post. Has any of the ideas in the main post caught your fancy, or... ?

I appreciate this post. Has any of the ideas in the main post caught your fancy, or... ?
if i look it over again, perhaps. i mostly came in to throw in some praise; at present i'm not sure if i'd be down for these, despite my appreciation for them.

Reactions: Cactus Jack
Looking to get one more going.