Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I enjoy many genres, but I tend to stay with mostly fantasy. ^.^
I'm not entirely sure why, or even what is happening, but I'm trying to use tabs to display information for a roleplay, and for some reason they are bunching up, and squishing all the text to the side. No matter what I do it doesn't seem to change.

This is my issue:
40dc10d57fef940927da2c98fca8053a.png

Is there a specific way to code tabs to avoid this?

I'm not entirely sure why, or even what is happening, but I'm trying to use tabs to display information for a roleplay, and for some reason they are bunching up, and squishing all the text to the side. No matter what I do it doesn't seem to change.

This is my issue:
40dc10d57fef940927da2c98fca8053a.png

Is there a specific way to code tabs to avoid this?
Can I see the code you're using now?

This is the code I'm trying to use, and it's rather frustrating that it's not working and being all squishy ;.;

Code:
[stabs]
{slide=Rules}1. Obey all Iwaku rules. Though, this should be obvious.
2. No god-modding of any sort.
3. Grammar is expected, you do not have to be perfect as mistakes can happen, however if every other word is a mistake, you will be asked to fix it.
4. Posting length is expected to be at least one small paragraph, you can do more if you wish but no less. (3-4 sentences.
5. Have fun. The primary goal with all(or at least most) roleplays is to entertain, if you feel the roleplay to be lacking in this area please say something so we can try to fix it.
6. Drama is acceptable. However, it's also not. You're free to create as much drama with your characters as you wish, as long as you aren't breaking any lore. You are not allowed to create drama OOC, if you have an issue with a fellow roleplayer take it to pm and try to civilly discuss it. 
7. I will allow each person to have an Arc weapon should they wish it, however only ONE character by each person may start with one. However should a person with a character who already possesses one wish for their second character to possess one/their character to find a second, they may find one in an event. Arcs events will be completely random, and may not happen for a while.
8. Certain things may happen to characters during this roleplay, including but not limiting to death. I will however forbid Main characters from killing each other without consent from both owners of the characters AND me. This does not mean they can't die at all, it just means that people in the main group won't slaughter eachother.
8a. Extending the above rule, this is an apocalyptic world, and as much as you might hate to admit it, humanity is horrible. There is at least one event planned where some or all female members of the main group will be kidnapped for 'things', this may happen more than once though(and males aren't neccesarily safe either). Though this won't go into detail, it WILL happen. If you aren't ok with this, then this roleplay probably isn't your cup of tea.
9. I have the right to add rules if I feel more are necessary, however just because somethings not here that you would think to be against rules does not mean it's ok. If you feel there are rules lacking, or are unsure of certain things, please speak up and ask me, I don't bite too awfully hard <3{/slide}
{slide=Locations}
[LIST]
[*]The God Isle ~ A mystical area with mana seemingly pouring from it, a castle that is said to be the birthplace of magic is supposedly in this area, though few can claim to have reached it, and even fewer can claim to have returned.
[*]The Inferno Lands ~ This area is exactly as it sounds, a blazing hot desert. This area has multiple towns, one being famous for the magitech weaponry it produces, claiming that one of the twelve arcs is used as inspiration for their designs.
[*]The Eternal Void~ An unexplored land. The only adventurer to ever venture here returned twenty years later looking completely different, it is suspected that this adventurer was 'patient zero'.
[*]Mutestar ~ A large town near the God Isle started by adventurers who sought the mythical castle. It is one of the few places in Arriavar claimed t be unaffected by the virus.
[*]Lakewater ~ A small fishing village near a large lake. It was mostly used as a vacation spot, though now many seek it for the source of food and tranquility.
[*]Smallfair ~ The capital city of Arriavar, this place was heavily populated and where everyone's main character should start.
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Magic/Tech}
[LIST]
[*]Magic works a little different in Arriavar than in other realms of fantasy, while most races possess Mana, very few can actually use it. This is where Magitech comes in, but that will be in a different dot. Magic, is essentially the manipulation of mana to create varied effects, primarily elemental 'spells'. It is possible for a few rare souls in Arriavar to use Mana without Magitech, however in the last thousand years, only one such soul has existed. Those who can use magic without magitech have a major disadvantage, they can use up every ounce of their mana stores. While this might not sound like a bad thing, when a person's mana reserves run out, they black out until their mana returns.
[*]Magitech is technology that uses the mana of it's owner to varied effects. The primary form of Magitech is in weaponry. Magitech was invented around two Millennia ago. At first Magitech was rare, only a few actually possessed them. The first Magitech weapons are referred to in many myths and legends, being called 'The Twelve Arcs'. Magitech has come a long way since their invention, and few are seen without them, however none match the strength of the Arcs. All magitech have limiters built into them, allowing them to only use up a certain amount of a person's mana, before rendering the weapon useless for a time.
[*]Arcs. If you were to mention the Arcs to anyone you met, they would recognize what you were speaking of. If you were to claim you possessed one of these Arcs, odds are the other person would try to kill you and claim the weapon for themselves. Such things happen often, however most of the time it's after a false claim, and has only been proven to be fact once.
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Races}
Humans ~ The human race has a somewhat small mana reserve, though what makes them special is they can extend their mana reserves with enough training.
Elves ~ Elves are a highly magical race, having a higher than average mana reserve. Their magic tends to have a stronger kick to it, however they are incapable of extending their mana reserves through any means.
Dwarves ~ Dwarves are a race resistant to mana. This makes them incapable of using magic as their mana reserves are non-existent. To keep up with the other races, they developed a way to crystallize mana and build weaponry similar to magitech out of it. Dwarves tend to be extremely useful as they can fix most things.
Others ~ If you wish to use another race please send me a pm.
{/slide}
{slide=Character Sheet}
I don't expect much with this honestly. Our characters will likely know nothing of eachother right off the bat except the basics, so we shouldn't either.

Image/Description:
Quote: (optional, though it gives a bit of insight to the characters personality)
Name:
Special: (this is only if you wish your character to use magic without a magitech, and what element they primarily use, I will only allow TWO characters able to do this)
Weapon: (If magitech please include an image. If you wish it to be an Arc weapon you MUST first pm me tand discuss the capabilities of the weapon)
Other: Feel free to add whatever the heck you please, so long as you have these basics.
{/slide}
{slide=Characters Accepted}
None
{/slide}
[/stabs]

This is the code I'm trying to use, and it's rather frustrating that it's not working and being all squishy ;.;

Code:
[stabs]
{slide=Rules}1. Obey all Iwaku rules. Though, this should be obvious.
2. No god-modding of any sort.
3. Grammar is expected, you do not have to be perfect as mistakes can happen, however if every other word is a mistake, you will be asked to fix it.
4. Posting length is expected to be at least one small paragraph, you can do more if you wish but no less. (3-4 sentences.
5. Have fun. The primary goal with all(or at least most) roleplays is to entertain, if you feel the roleplay to be lacking in this area please say something so we can try to fix it.
6. Drama is acceptable. However, it's also not. You're free to create as much drama with your characters as you wish, as long as you aren't breaking any lore. You are not allowed to create drama OOC, if you have an issue with a fellow roleplayer take it to pm and try to civilly discuss it.
7. I will allow each person to have an Arc weapon should they wish it, however only ONE character by each person may start with one. However should a person with a character who already possesses one wish for their second character to possess one/their character to find a second, they may find one in an event. Arcs events will be completely random, and may not happen for a while.
8. Certain things may happen to characters during this roleplay, including but not limiting to death. I will however forbid Main characters from killing each other without consent from both owners of the characters AND me. This does not mean they can't die at all, it just means that people in the main group won't slaughter eachother.
8a. Extending the above rule, this is an apocalyptic world, and as much as you might hate to admit it, humanity is horrible. There is at least one event planned where some or all female members of the main group will be kidnapped for 'things', this may happen more than once though(and males aren't neccesarily safe either). Though this won't go into detail, it WILL happen. If you aren't ok with this, then this roleplay probably isn't your cup of tea.
9. I have the right to add rules if I feel more are necessary, however just because somethings not here that you would think to be against rules does not mean it's ok. If you feel there are rules lacking, or are unsure of certain things, please speak up and ask me, I don't bite too awfully hard <3{/slide}
{slide=Locations}
[LIST]
[*]The God Isle ~ A mystical area with mana seemingly pouring from it, a castle that is said to be the birthplace of magic is supposedly in this area, though few can claim to have reached it, and even fewer can claim to have returned.
[*]The Inferno Lands ~ This area is exactly as it sounds, a blazing hot desert. This area has multiple towns, one being famous for the magitech weaponry it produces, claiming that one of the twelve arcs is used as inspiration for their designs.
[*]The Eternal Void~ An unexplored land. The only adventurer to ever venture here returned twenty years later looking completely different, it is suspected that this adventurer was 'patient zero'.
[*]Mutestar ~ A large town near the God Isle started by adventurers who sought the mythical castle. It is one of the few places in Arriavar claimed t be unaffected by the virus.
[*]Lakewater ~ A small fishing village near a large lake. It was mostly used as a vacation spot, though now many seek it for the source of food and tranquility.
[*]Smallfair ~ The capital city of Arriavar, this place was heavily populated and where everyone's main character should start.
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Magic/Tech}
[LIST]
[*]Magic works a little different in Arriavar than in other realms of fantasy, while most races possess Mana, very few can actually use it. This is where Magitech comes in, but that will be in a different dot. Magic, is essentially the manipulation of mana to create varied effects, primarily elemental 'spells'. It is possible for a few rare souls in Arriavar to use Mana without Magitech, however in the last thousand years, only one such soul has existed. Those who can use magic without magitech have a major disadvantage, they can use up every ounce of their mana stores. While this might not sound like a bad thing, when a person's mana reserves run out, they black out until their mana returns.
[*]Magitech is technology that uses the mana of it's owner to varied effects. The primary form of Magitech is in weaponry. Magitech was invented around two Millennia ago. At first Magitech was rare, only a few actually possessed them. The first Magitech weapons are referred to in many myths and legends, being called 'The Twelve Arcs'. Magitech has come a long way since their invention, and few are seen without them, however none match the strength of the Arcs. All magitech have limiters built into them, allowing them to only use up a certain amount of a person's mana, before rendering the weapon useless for a time.
[*]Arcs. If you were to mention the Arcs to anyone you met, they would recognize what you were speaking of. If you were to claim you possessed one of these Arcs, odds are the other person would try to kill you and claim the weapon for themselves. Such things happen often, however most of the time it's after a false claim, and has only been proven to be fact once.
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Races}
Humans ~ The human race has a somewhat small mana reserve, though what makes them special is they can extend their mana reserves with enough training.
Elves ~ Elves are a highly magical race, having a higher than average mana reserve. Their magic tends to have a stronger kick to it, however they are incapable of extending their mana reserves through any means.
Dwarves ~ Dwarves are a race resistant to mana. This makes them incapable of using magic as their mana reserves are non-existent. To keep up with the other races, they developed a way to crystallize mana and build weaponry similar to magitech out of it. Dwarves tend to be extremely useful as they can fix most things.
Others ~ If you wish to use another race please send me a pm.
{/slide}
{slide=Character Sheet}
I don't expect much with this honestly. Our characters will likely know nothing of eachother right off the bat except the basics, so we shouldn't either.

Image/Description:
Quote: (optional, though it gives a bit of insight to the characters personality)
Name:
Special: (this is only if you wish your character to use magic without a magitech, and what element they primarily use, I will only allow TWO characters able to do this)
Weapon: (If magitech please include an image. If you wish it to be an Arc weapon you MUST first pm me tand discuss the capabilities of the weapon)
Other: Feel free to add whatever the heck you please, so long as you have these basics.
{/slide}
{slide=Characters Accepted}
None
{/slide}
[/stabs]
Stick this in the front
Code:
[stabs=bright|100%]
instead of what you have now and it should be fixed. There wasn't enough space for the tabs so it squished the text to make some.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
thank you so much <3 =^.^=

• Love
Reactions: Mu
Status
Not open for further replies.