Solitaire IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris:"It is now time to serve breakfast. Food will be located in the Yard at the food bar. If you would pleas make your way to the yard now the Hall will be closing. Thank you have a nice day. It is now 9:00:06:36 AM."
*Chris Gestured towards the door the entered the room from. completely ignoring their questions.*

*Nyle had made his way to the other end of the hall, apparently just at opening time. the doors unlocked and opened just as he was 4 feet from the door. out of convenience he walked in and eyed the room. The room was large and round, it was a large dome about 800 yards in diameter. on the left side was a forested area, near the middle was a large pond. on the right side is a running track surrounding a 50 yard field. on the close left side was a small food bar connecting to the wall on one side with trays and food all along it. close by was a few picnic tables ready for use. grass littered most of the ground of this room. at the top of the dome was a white glass window letting some light in from outside, then the dome was littered with dozens of sun lamps.*
Nyle:"Wow... Artificial... so amusing..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Dani looked up and noticed the winged girl for the first time. "Sammy look, it's an angel!" She said pointing and Sam smile gently. "I see that little one." She giggled a watery giggle before jumping to the ground, her fears forgotten. Before Sam could catch her again she was running up to the small group that had formed and was tugging on the winged girls pant leg. "Ms. Angel, my name is Dani." She said waving happily, Sam followed behind quickly, clearly amused by her quick mood change, it was then hat she noticed Guy. "Ah, brother it's the scary man." She yelled before knocking her brother on his butt as she jumped on him.

"You think I look scary?" Guy questioned the little girl. I mean yeah he had a skull on his back but that was it. "I'm sorry if I scared you Dani. Now if nobody minds I'm grabbing something to eat." And with that the seemingly normal one took of towards the smell of delicious food.

Guy smiled as he grabbed a tray and started going down the line, piling food onto it. He was starving and so he was going to fill up, maybe take a nap after. Guy whistled as he walked to a table, took a seat, then started chowing down. He gestured to the table looking at the group of misfits sharing the same peculiar situation. "Come and eat my new friends, we have a lot of talking to do I take it."

"You think I look scary?" Guy questioned the little girl. I mean yeah he had a skull on his back but that was it. "I'm sorry if I scared you Dani. Now if nobody minds I'm grabbing something to eat." Guy smiled as he grabbed a tray and started going down the line, piling food onto it. He was starving and so he was going to fill up, maybe take a nap after. Guy whistled as he walked to a table, took a seat, then started chowing down. He gestured to the table looking at the group of misfits sharing the same peculiar situation. "Come and eat my new friends, we have a lot of talking to do I take it."

(You may want to re-phrase slightly. the yard is the room at the far other end of the hall that led to the hall.)

Kylara smiled widely as Dani walked up to her. Kneeling down so she was at eye level, she pulled Dani into a quick hug, and wrapped her wings around her briefly. "My name's Kylara. I am not an angel, but that's a secret. Can you keep a secret?" Kylara unwrapped her wings, and smiled at her brother. "Kylara, I just love your sister. She's absolutely darling." she said with a smile, standing up. Holding her hand out, she flexed her wings, stretching them. Her short flight seemed to have hurt something. She agreed with Guy, and started walking towards the mess hall with him, turning over her shoulder to wave at Dani and give her a wink. She absolutely adored kids.

(I'm going to bed, I can't keep my eyes open anymore, good night!)

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to go get some food. I'm hungry." Felicity told the others as she started walking out of the room and down the hall, towards the smell of the food. As she walked, she thought of home, well what little of a home she had.
She was taken from her biological parents as a little kid, about the same age as Dani. Well, maybe a little younger. She was put into foster homes, but was moved frequently. Felicity has gone through a lot in her 16 years. She was physically abused at one of the homes and emotionally abused in another. Then she met her now broken adoptive family. They used to be so nice. Her adoptive parent recently divorced and she has had to deal with going back and forth between their houses. The only comfort she gets is from her pet albino squirrel, Snowball. She found him when he was just a baby. She took him home and fed and nurtured him. He goes everywhere with her.

"Sam." Sam shook her hand and learned down, he grabbed Dani and lifted her onto his shoulders, where she almost blinded him as she held onto his head. "Come on little one lunch time." He glared at Chris as he passed but the small smile he reserved for only those close to him reappeared outside the room. Because of his limited vision he blindly put things on his plate, fixing one for both he and Dani. By the time he sat at the bench with the others his plate looked like someone had set of a tiny bomb but he ate anyway. Dani on the other hand ended up with more food on her face then inside her. Sam ate only a little before starting to clean his sister up. "Brother did you hear that, I made a friend!" She said pointing at Guy happily. "Don't point Danielle, it's rude." Dani nodded and lowered her hand.

(I'll Continue with this later, it is indeed late right now and I as well need to get to bed.)

Darwin woke up, drool in a 6 inch puddle under where his head had been. He looked around. Everyone was walking toward the table. "Byuh... Nyeh... Thuh... Whadidimiss?" His question slurred, the words going into each other. "Nothing much." Nyle replied. Darwin shook his head. So did the clone next to him. "I got a headache." Darwin smacked his clone. After a flash, he disappeared. Darwin sighed. "Who is she?" He asked, pointing to a new girl with wings.

Kylara noticed a man pointing at her. She glared. Didn't he know it was rude to point? She filled up her plate hoping the food was at least decent. She was starving. More hungry than she'd ever been before. She also had a light bounce in her step, that wasn't quite intentional. Her bones were almost hollow, allowing her to be able to fly, and she burns 5 times as much calories as other humans. But she didn't know this.

After filling up her plate with mac and cheese, pizza, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, Kylara walked over to the table and sat next to Guy. She saw Dani wave at her, so she sent her a wink and a smile. Kylara went back to eating, and listening to conversation. "Wonder if they'll let us go outside?" she wondered aloud. They were probably in the middle of nowhere anyways. When she was done, she got up, emptied her tray, and decided to look for an exit. Time to really try out these wings. She tried the door at a far left corner, and found that it did indeed lead outside.

She was right, there was a door to 'outside'. But it was tiny...no more than 50 feet. It would have to do. She tested her newfound muscles, twitching them, moving them. She learned everything there was to know about her new body. Especially before she went for a flight. She watched as feathers on her wings twitched at a simple brain command. This wouldn't be easy, but it would be fun.

After she felt that she had learned enough, she took a few running steps and leaped into the air. Her downstroke was hard, powerful. Sand flew from the strength of the power of her wings. Once again, her downstroke was powerful and loud, lifting her about 5 feet up in the air. She grinned. She was actually doing it. Flying. It was a childhood dream come true. Maybe this facility wasn't all bad after all. Raising up into the air, she went as high as she could, until she hit the top of the dome and then came down to a reasonable altitude. She looked at her powerful wings, glowing in the artificial sunlight. She tried to turn. Leaning sideways, Kylara flapped, sending her spiraling towards the ground. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" she squealed. Working to get herself in control again, she did. She tried again, only twitching her feathers the way she had observed hawks flying. She smoothly glided in a circle, heading back to the facility which would be about 30 seconds. Now for a landing. This would be fun.

Since she was so high up, she grinned. Folding her wings in, she went diving towards the ground. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" she yelled out of pure exhilaration. Before she hit the ground, she opened her wings suddenly, and jerked her body upward. She fell out of the dive, and into a long glide. Grinning like a child, Kylara jerked her body upward and flared her wings. She went plummetting about 5 feet before getting a face full of fake dirt. She moved to get herself up, but her arms gave out and she collapsed back onto the ground. She was extremely sore. Maybe she shouldn't have done so much on her first day. She lay there for a few minutes, regaining her breath and letting her muscles rest.

((Correct me if I'm wrong about the geography, it only made sense that they would be isolated.))

Kylara noticed a man pointing at her. She glared. Didn't he know it was rude to point? She filled up her plate hoping the food was at least decent. She was starving. More hungry than she'd ever been before. She also had a light bounce in her step, that wasn't quite intentional. Her bones were almost hollow, allowing her to be able to fly, and she burns 5 times as much calories as other humans. But she didn't know this.

After filling up her plate with mac and cheese, pizza, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, Kylara walked over to the table and sat next to Guy. She saw Dani wave at her, so she sent her a wink and a smile. Kylara went back to eating, and listening to conversation. "Wonder if they'll let us go outside?" she wondered aloud. They were probably in the middle of nowhere anyways. When she was done, she got up, emptied her tray, and decided to look for an exit. Time to really try out these wings. She tried the door at a far left corner, and found that it did indeed lead outside.

She was right. The middle of nowhere. The dessert was hot and dry, and instantly Kylara's mouth went dry. Ignoring it, she gave a loud shout of excitement. She tested her newfound muscles, twitching them, moving them. She learned everything there was to know about her new body. Especially before she went for a flight. She watched as feathers on her wings twitched at a simple brain command. This wouldn't be easy, but it would be fun.

After she felt that she had learned enough, she took a few running steps and leaped into the air. Her downstroke was hard, powerful. Sand flew from the strength of the power of her wings. Once again, her downstroke was powerful and loud, lifting her about 5 feet up in the air. She grinned. She was actually doing it. Flying. It was a childhood dream come true. Maybe this facility wasn't all bad after all. Raising up into the air, she went as high as she could, until she had trouble breathing and then came down to a reasonable altitude. She looked at her powerful wings, glowing in the sunlight. She tried to turn. Leaning sideways, Kylara flapped, sending her spiraling towards the ground. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" she squealed. Working to get herself in control again, she did. She tried again, only twitching her feathers the way she had observed hawks flying. She smoothly glided in a circle, heading back to the facility, which by now was a few miles away. Now for a landing. This would be fun.

Since she was so high up, she grinned. Folding her wings in, she went diving towards the ground. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" she yelled out of pure exhilaration. Before she hit the ground, she opened her wings suddenly, and jerked her body upward. She fell out of the dive, and into a long glide. Grinning like a child, Kylara jerked her body upward and flared her wings. She went plummetting about 5 feet before getting a face full of sand. She moved to get herself up, but her arms gave out and she collapsed back onto the sand. She was extremely sore. Maybe she shouldn't have done so much on her first day. She lay there for a few minutes, regaining her breath and letting her muscles rest.

((Correct me if I'm wrong about the geography, it only made sense that they would be isolated.))

(I made a post about the yard, read up)

((Editing now. But 200 yards....very limiting for Kylara. :|))

(Modified, It's 800 yards now.)
*Nyle Had grabbed a tray of food and sat at a table alone. He took a bite of some pizza and almost immediately spat it out.*
Nyle:"Tofu! I hate tofu!"
*Nyle yelled as he shoved the food away from him. he decided to go for a swim and walked off to the pond in the middle of the room. He reached the pond and took his shirt off. He went to jump in and... !!Crack!!

He Hit the water which was no longer liquid but now Ice. He even put a crack in it trying to jump in and gave his ass a good bruising as well.*
Nyle:"Ouch..."

Darwin saw that some people were discovering their powers. "Great. What's my superpower? Seeing a bunch of me's?!" He yelled to no one in particular. No one payed him any mind, as they knew he was talking to himself. " Hey, you wanna get some food?" Darwin looked up at another clone. " Wait a second. Wait a second......... Hey, guys? Am I the only one who sees this guy?" He asked the question to everyone at the tables, hoping that he wasn't insane.

Sam chuckled but didn't say anything about the mans rather 'graceful' dive. Dani finished her food then ran to play in the large yarded area. Sam on the other hand dumbed the food that had been abandoned and sat back down. "No we all see them, but that doesn't mean your not crazy." He smirked, his eyes on Dani as she ran about. "Sammy there are no flowers, why are there no flowers?" Sam rubbed his face with his hand and walked over to kneel down at her eye level, no sooner did he touch the ground did a patch of wild flowers grow and Sam grew dizzy. He held his head in his hand and smiled at his sister who was smiling happily at the chance to pick the colorful buds. Not havering the strength to walk back to the table he just sat there. "This isn't right, if this is my power, then why am I getting so week?" He mumbled to himself. Dani picked every flower she could and decorated the table top with them as she hummed tunelessly unaware that her brothers problem.

Guy was surprised at the way his compatriots were acting. None of them truly understood the severity of their situation. They were all kidnapped, that had been established, but that wasn't the worst of it. They had all been given a power of sorts, which three of them had yet to use. He frowned, everyone was more obsessed over their power then they were about being kidnapped. He looked around the room at the other kids. The girl named Kylara was still flying around like a maniac, Nyle was in his own depressing world, Sam only cared for his little sister, and Felicity wouldn't stop with the questions.

Guy finished the last of his food then stood up on top of the table and in a loud voice said "Would everyone mind coming over here for a bit, I feel like we should get to know each other, or at least stop from killing each other."

*Nyle looked over his shoulder and slowly stood up rubbing his ass. He questioned where the ice came from. he walked back to shore and grabbed his shirt, not caring to put it back on, and pointed at Darwin.*
Nyle:"I'm gonna need some of that aspirin now..."
*He said in a fading voice. he flung his shirt over his shoulder and walked over to guy where he would have sat if his ass wasn't in pain.*

Kylara moaned, and got up. Her back and her wings hurt like hell. She winked at Dani as she passed, but walked back in, filled another plate, and sat next to Guy. "What's up?" she said, stretching. She twisted in ways that made her back pop, dozens of pop pop popping noises sounded. She pulled her wings tighter in, so they didn't take up so much room.

Sam picked up Dani and the pair moved to sit with the others, his dizziness gone for now. Setting Dani down he stood behind her and watched as she played with some flowers she was able to grab before he had taken her away from her play area.

Status
Not open for further replies.