Solitaire IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darwin's eye twitched. "Hold on, hold on, hold on." Everyone looked at him. " Weren't we all best pals a few seconds ago? Well, of course before this guy *gesture towards Guy* showed up. Everyone just be quiet for a second so Chris can talk or I SWEAR TO GOD I-" He stopped himself. "I will not be agressive. I will keep my composure. OKAY EVERYONE. WE ARE GONNA LISTEN TO THIS KIND MAN, WHO IS GONNA TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON. EVERYONE GOT IT? *everyone mutters yes and sits down* CHRIS. PLEASE CONTINUE SO I DON'T MURDER SOMEONE."

Still holding his head with one hand, Guy punched the table he had recently sat at, leaving a sizable dent. "I swear to God if you all don't stop yelling, I am probably going to kill someone." And if on cue the voices subsided and the noise stopped. "Thank you, now will someone please tell me where the hell I am?"

Chris:"Good morning Everyone, At this time it is exactly 8:16 with 46 seconds and 29 milliseconds in the AM. If you would pleas take your seats and remove yourself from all distractions that would be much appreciated." *Chris spoke without taking a breath with a slight monotone when he said the hole time stamp.*
Chris:"Welcome To Solitaire. This is a human relations testing facility. You have all signed up or have been signed up by a parent or Guardian for this program that you will spend the next 3-12 years contributing to. At this stage un-enrollment is not a possibility and you will be here until you have completed your part in our Human Relations testing."

*Nyle Glared at Chris as he began spotting lies. The Circus is all about communication and organization. And His God Father in the circus would never have signed him up for anything without consulting him first.*
Chris:"I will now begin with the Rules and Regulations of this facility.
Rule # 1: Do not vandalize or modify Property of Solitaire.
Rule # 2: From this point on it is prohibited to enter another persons Living quarters. This rule is void if someone has been injured and calls for help from within their quarters.
Rule # 3: Do not tamper with Solitaire control terminals.
Rule # 4: Refrain from Killing anyone.
Rule # 5: Do not harm the various Solitaire Employees you may see inside the facility. Breaking of this rule will result in solitary confinement.
Rule # 6: do not Destroy the Yard.
Breaking these rules will result in solitary confinement and or Electro shock Treatment.
You will not have warnings as this is your warning.
Here in about 5 minutes you will all report to the Yard at the other end of the hall. A set of buffet bars with healthy food will be arranged on your left hand side with picnic tables. Now if you have any questions feel free to ask them at this time."

Dani whimpered and reached over to grab the hem of Darwin's shirt. "Mr. Darwin, are you ok?" She whispered Sam held her tighter when he heard the distress in her voice. He didn't take his face from Dani's hair but you could see how tense he was just by the way he was sitting. She whimpered again when the man from before yelled again and instinctively held tighter to both her brother and Darwin's shirt. They listened to Chris Speak and Sam glared up at him. "I don't care about your rules, my sister and I will share a room and I will go into her room whenever I want. You will not stop me." His voice made it clear he would not change his mind.

*Chris Glanced at Samule. Two Heavily built men in red uniforms came out from two doors beside the projection screen.*
Chris:"These men Are Mandatory Hall Monitors, They are equipped with batons, tazers, Narcotic guns, Flame proof steel wire framed protection suits, Kevlar body suits, and thermal protection suits. They will watch all hall activities Morning Noon and Night. Being Family makes no exceptions to the rules."

"I don't care. Let's get one thing strait, I don't trust you, not with my life, not with there's, and not with my baby sisters, so you can burn for all I care." Sam growled standing and setting Dani in his chair. He was livid, memories becoming clear. His parents had hated him and his sister and he had taken more than a few beatings from them so it didn't surprise him that they would do something like this but that didn't mean he was going to back down.

New Beginnings
Kylara woke up in a strange room. She opened her eyes to a bright pink room, the floor was green. The sheets on her bed were blue. Someone has bad taste in colors. Where the hell am I, anyway? she thought. The last thing she remembered was going out with her friends. She had gone over to Emma's house, where she was going to spend the night, as life at home was getting...rough. On the way there, a black van appeared, and it stopped and snatched her. She thought it was just a dream, but was wrong. She moved to get herself up, when she realized something was wrong. She reached up to her back, and felt.....feathers? She shrieked briefly. Jolting up, she looked over her shoulder. Her mouth fell to the floor. Wings. She had wings. 14 foot wingspan at least. She experimented them, opening with newly born muscle and strength in her spine. They were brown and white, with little speckles of tan. She extended them as far as they could go in the small room. lowering them, the feathers on the end dragged on the floor. She walked over to her dresser, and pulled out her Doctor Who shirt (ripping two huge holes in it, so her new wings would fit), and some grey pants. Slipping on the sneakers, she walked out into the hallway.

Trying to pull her wings as close to her back as she could, and followed the arrows. She slipped into the lecture hall right when the lead guy started. Slipping by, and sitting near what seemed to be brother and a very young sister, she listened carefully. As the guy went on, her eyes were growing bigger. Her parents would be just this crazy to do this to her. She shifted, trying to get comfortable. But her wings were causing her discomfort. She decided to stand, and stretch them out, and then sit. That being done, she listened to the rules.

"Who the hell do you think you are? My parent's wouldn't sign me up for this. I sure as hell didn't, so this is most definitely kidnapping. And WHAT THE HELL? I HAVE FRIGGIN WINGS! What. Did. You. Do?" Kylara was furious. Anger and sarcasm dripped from her voice. As she spoke she stepped a few feet forward and extended her wings to their full length. Gathering strength in her legs, Kylara prepared to launch herself at so called 'Chris.' Her martial arts training would come in handy.

(Working on bio now, I had permission to go ahead and post)

"So what exactly is a 'human relations testing facility'?" asked Felicity with a frown, "Does it have to do with her wings*points at new mystery girl with wings*, his cloning problem *points at Darwin*; no offence to you Darwin, or his thorn fists *points at Sam*?" Felicity stands before she continuing. "Do we all have some sort of weird power?"*she uses finger quotes around power*

Chris:"I do not understand the Nature of your question. Is it a Complaint, a statement, rhetorical, or Straightforward?"
*Nyle Had heard enough. The way Chris was now speaking was though he was on a voice activated playlist.
Nyle took his cards and slipped them back up his sleeve. He stood up and began to leave the room.*
Nyle:"Don't ask questions, Figure it out yourself, , You should learn when questions are useless, this is one of those times."
*He Disappeared through the doors and went down the hall.*

Kylara snarled viciously. She sprung at Chris, her fist connecting with his jaw. "Answer me, you creep!" Kylara took after her father more than she realized...and in that moment, after realizing what she had done, Kylara looked at her hands in shock. "I--I'm sorry. I d-didn't mean..." she trailed off before running out the door. Looking for an exit, she tried every door. She wanted out. She needed out.

Kylara wasn't one who cried. Yet here she was, tears streaming down her face in panic. She finally found the room that she woke up in. She looked for a window, but there was none to be seen. Screaming, Kylara slid down the wall in panic. She didn't normally break down like this, but the shock of it all...the kidnapping....her new wings? She missed her mom. While her father was terrible, her mother was somewhat tolerable. She spread her wings out as far as they would go, and reached back to touch them. They were soft, her plume feathers were white with little tan speckles. She didn't even know if they would support her back, of if flapping them once might snap her spine in two....she just didn't know what was going on. She was scared.

"I was asking a very good serious question that I would like to have answered. I don't know what his problem is." Felicity said. "I just want to know where I am and what I'm doing here, other than for these 'human relations tests'. If you aren't going to explain it to me, then I will just have to make you!"

Dani started whimpering "Sammy I'm scared." She whispered and Sam put his hand nod her head. "It'll be alright little one, tonight we're going to camp out in the purple room together. Everything will be alright." He glared at Chris and scooped her into his arms, tears still streaming down her face. "I don't want you to leave that room without me, if I'm not there you stay in that room understand?" Dani clung to Sam but nodded, "good girl, your my little warrior." He sad holding her shaking form closer, and the look on his face dared anyone to try and take her away. He turned to Chris his eyes hard and guarded "take the word relations out of that and you've got your answer. They turned us into experiments, I would kill every single one of you but my sister would see and I won't do that to her. Your lucky." He took a step back and held Dani closer, on hand holding her on his hip, and the other wrapped around her shoulders, his palm on the back of her head, hiding her eyes in his shoulder as she sobbed.

• Love
Reactions: Bitterblue
Guy looked at Felicity "Were prisoners hon, if you didn't already get that." Prisoners for what reason though he thought. "I'm getting the feel that like all of them got some power and were normal, like to see how we react to these, excuse the harsh word, freaks. Shit this is probably an off the books government facility so we no longer exist." He leaned back in his chair "Where going to be here along time so might as well get comfortable." Guy paused for a moment to hear Sams remark about killing everyone the spoke up again. "Girl with the wings, no need to cry about hitting this jackass." he pointed at Chris "He deserves it."

"So, what is my 'power' then? How do we know what they are?" Felicity asked Guy and Chris. "If everyone has a power, then how do we discover them if we haven't already?"

Kylara glanced up at the person who addressed her. Getting control of herself, Kylara stood. "My name is Kylara, not 'girl with wings'...I was late, so I didn't catch any of your names. I apologize." she said, folding her wings back in. How did this happen? She was just a normal....well not so normal now.... girl. What would they want with her?

Felicity walked over to where Kylara stood and held out her hand. "Hello, Kylara. I'm Felicity. I haven't discovered my power yet, but I love your wings! They are so pretty!" Felicity responded. "I hope my power is as cool as that!"

Guy laughs as he points to the wings printed on his shirt "Guess our powers are the same then Kylara.
I'm Guy by the way and its a pleasure to meet you"
he smiled. Maybe some good will come from this ridiculous situation after all.

"How can they be the same? Sam has Thorn fists and Darwin can clone himself. I don't call that having the same powers." Felicity replied, this time to Guy.

Guy frowned at Felicity "It was just a joke hon, cause my shirt has wings on it and she also..." he trailed off. "Never mind, but whatever our powers are I bet their kickass, and hopefully it will make it easy to kick his ass." Guy laughed as he pointed to Chris.

Kylara looked at Felicity, smiling at her bluntness, but not so much from the compliment. "Thank you....I'm not sure how I feel about them right now. They actually kind of hurt." she said. It was true, her wings did hurt, they were heavy and caused some stress on her back. But what she really wanted was to try them out. She eyed the room, it was big enough, at least for her to go in circles. Before she took off, the person named Guy (weird name) introduced himself with a snarky remark. The side of her mouth twitched slightly. "Nice to meet you both, I'm going to go ahead and try my wings. The room seems big enough....at least for a short flight." after this, she took a few running steps and jumped up as hard as she could. Her new muscles seemed to know exactly what she wanted, for her wings flapped downward hard, lifting her up a few feet in the air. Flapping again, she went higher, and she started circling. Smiling, she laughed. This was amazing. She went down for a landing, but overestimated and ended up rolling head over heals. Groaning softly, Kylara pushed herself to her feet.

"That was awesome."

Status
Not open for further replies.