Soldiers of Steel OOC (signups closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok @The Oddsman I want you to change a few things. First off I would like for you to have your character enter the conference room. Second, your character should not have access to personnel files since this is a top secret government facility. Please change these things then you will be good to go

@JericDeath some changes please. First I would like to see a picture or description of your characters face. Second, while the backstory is acceptable I would like if you changed his training to be from the GG. like the sniper corps. or something since everyone is recruited from the armed forces

wait...
I thought there was a shuttle?
Where'd the conference room come from?

They all arrived on the shuttle then the colonol took them to the conference room

ach
alrighty

CS

Name: Erric Tenenbaum

Call sign: "Icepick"

Appearance:
mecha_pilot_by_meganerid-d4i5iqz.jpg
Is issued a .45 caliber A-7402 pistol, the rounds cored with armor-piercing tungsten, and a Data Knife, which is used primarily for disrupting other electronics.

Mech:
MK9 "Cabochon" Tactical Exosuit
The Cabochon is a personal, tactical exosuit meant for combat in urban conditions. Despite it's slightly lessened armor plating and energy shielding, it is able to perform great feats of mobility, being equipped with a jumpjet and thrusters upon the sides. Models have been seen to produce enough upward momentum to scale eight-story buildings, but those reports are unconfirmed. It is a personal combat platform, having both a high-speed 20mm cannon, and launched EMP and smoke grenades. The special capability of the MK9, however, is a projected kinetic shield from the left arm that can block any kinetic rounds caught in it's radius (cannot block rounds from the sides or the back of the mech), then fires the caught rounds back; has a cooldown of fifteen seconds. An effective counter to explosive weaponry, but is still vulnerable to energy weapons.

Bio/background:
Erric never really expected to be in the military. It wasn't patriotic fervor for the GG, but instead out of a love for machinery, and gov't drafts. All of his life he was a spacer, his parents responsible for ferrying supplies throughout the vast expanse of the local systems, especially to the Frontier. Thus, he was socialized to be a mechanic out of the necessity of keeping everybody aboard the ship alive, a figurative gearhead. When he was conscripted into the military, his recruiters noticed his love for (and aptitude) with technology, thus he was put into the 'Sapper' corps. Exosuit pilots whose sole objective is to disable other Mechs that are much larger than their own, through flanking and mobility instead of raw armament. The most difficult maneuver is leaping upon the hull of a larger mech, and unloading into their reactor core, causing it to become unstable and in danger of explosion. Sappers usually work in pairs and alone, in communication with larger, allied mechs who are able to call out targets that they are engaging. Recently distinguished for coolness under fire, he was assigned to Section 11 to bring his specialties to the notorious fighting unit.

He is somewhat of a cynic, which people misconstrue as him being a smartass, when in reality it's a coping mechanism for dealing with the daily pressures that potentially dying a horribly quick death brings. One of the only things that he can't cope with is strife within the unit, and always tries to work with others in order to best succeed.

(Theme)

(Edit: Omitted flamethrower, slightly OP, I'm keeping the nickname)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Accepted!. Intro your character as described before

I am interested, and will have a CS up in a few hours. I just need to get home from school and then I will throw it up there.

Character Sheet

Name: Wolf Wolters

Call sign: Stürzen Wolf

Appearance: Wolf is a six foot five inch tall slab of extremely well muscled meat. He keeps his blonde hair out of the way by shaving it into a low buzz-cut. He has bright blue eyes that give him a piercing gaze. He has a very square jaw, and thin lips, often pulled into a slight grin. In combat, he wears a lightly armored pressure suit with a small built in air supply.
images

Mech: Monte Carlo Industries Type III Jackdaw Light Assault Mech. 26ft tall Armed with dual Avenger auto-cannons. These are 30mm, 8 barreled Gatling cannons firing armor piercing incendiary ammo, based on an ancient design. With two firing speeds, 2,100 and 4,200 RPM, and a 1,200 ammo load (per gun) greatly limit the amount of firing time, but allow for a massive amount of firepower to be delivered in a short amount of time (DESIGN NOTE:DUE TO MASSIVE RECOIL, FIRING ON THE MOVE IS ILL-ADVISED M.C. Ind.). Also carries 4 dual purpose missiles. To go with this theme, the entire system strives for, and succeeds at being extremely quick and maneuverable, but is light on armor. This means the system is well suited for hit-and-run and scouting missions.

Gatling_Power_by_KaranaK.jpg

Bio/background: Wolf is a soldier, and a damn good one at that. German born. Since the ripe age of 18 he has been military. Originally trained by the GG as general infantry, but when he showed a certain gravity towards mech combat, his training route was changed. He performed exemplary and was given many important, high risk, missions.

During his many missions he began to garner a certain reputation. He was ruthless. No matter what, he completed the mission and he did so with a bang, not stopping or hesitating if even civilians got in the way. The mission always came first and he always completed his objective, no matter the cost.

When being deployed in an anti-mech role, he reveled in the challenge. Taking full full advantage of his firepower and speed he has, to this day, reaved great misery upon his foes.

Last edited:
ok guys. This is a bigger group than I anticipated. But I will roll with it and hopefully it works out. Please try to make your characters as unique as possible. We already have two pilots out for revenge so please try to make them not so angsty. Also, your characters reactions should be match Lars Grey's reputation. Imagine if you had to work alongside Hitler or any other infamous mass murderer and they were your boss. Im not saying your characters should be cowering in fear but try to at least voice their thoughts on how uncomfortable they are with the situation. Please dont be like "Oh hey its a mass murderer back from the dead, ok thats cool." Kinda ruins the whole plot line I have set up. Nobody is supposed to Like Lars in the slightest. (READ THE INTRO ON PAGE 1) it gives important back story that is crucial to the plot.

Also I reserve the right as GM to take control of your character if they are holding up the story. And if you do not post for awhile without giving me a good reason I will kill off your character to advance the story. I have been in too many RP's that died slowly simply because one or two important characters suddenly stop posting.

Sorry for the rant guys. This RP has been on my mind for awhile and I just want to make it as memorable as possible. I hope to have a good time with you all and I look forward to working with you all. ^.^

It's cool, I completely understand. So I'm going to give you a heads up and say I wont be able to post for an hour. I should be back after then so, I will soon. cx *shower time*

@dunruffle ps! I changed my character's a reaction a little bit, spice it up yeah ^^? just re-read the last paragraph, thats pretty much all i changed.

Lol I meant like several days. I dont expect everyone to reply every ten minutes

*shrugs* Still , either way I'm back now lol

My character is supposed to be easygoing and all that poopers. He may not like it, but he won't show that. He'll just refer to him as 'that ghost' or something. After all, everyone hides behind something, usually, and he just hides behind a mask of 'Hello!'

And if the guy is a sociopath, which is [by definition] someone who has no effect on himself from lying [which means if lying is nothing more than any other conversation], could possibly be that he doesn't care that it's some mass-murderer. He's just another guy to him.

Ok then. Well idk how long the last two people will be but we may,as well continue

Alright, it is done. Let me know what I need to change, because I know there is more I could do.... I just don't know what.

Hmm..i like it. But just remember we already have one psychopathic killer so keep your character more rule following than blood thirsty. Accepted. Post when ready

Hehehe, I don't have a bloodthirsty killer or a psychopath. Well, maybe a psychopath, but that's more of a I-don't-care type of insane. Just talk to him, about the topic of freedom; you'll see. :3

Hmm..i like it. But just remember we already have one psychopathic killer so keep your character more rule following than blood thirsty. Accepted. Post when ready

Yeah, I didn't represent it that well, but he does follow the rules, unless they get too much in his way. It is more of a ruthlessness and aggressiveness in combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.