Soldiers of Misfortune: Into The OOC Of Oppression

• Thread starter Dawn Bringer Invictus
  • Start date

Which of the following in the IC would you be looking forward to the most?

• Infiltrating an enemy position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assaulting a stronghold with marginal numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Soldiers of Misfortune

...holy shit.

This completely caught me off guard in every single way possible. Interesting juggernaut/medic combo. Character interaction with him and reading about his thoughts and experiences will be interesting.

I'm thinking that perhaps he has a true name, but the one you've put down is a sort of nickname for him. A few could know his true name though. I like the acquiring additional limbs thing by the way, definitely go with it.

Also, Jumi is basically leaving Iwaku (and SOM with it) this Friday apparently, as shown here: http://space-kitten.org/iwaku/showthread.php?t=2479&p=77698&viewfull=1#post77698

X13 is now an up-for-grabs character; anyone can control him now as an NPC and if someone wants to, they can actively take control of him as their character.

"Big McLargehuge?"

You'ev been watching MST3K's riff of Space Mutiny, haven't you.

Well, as I said over 10 hours ago I'll make a decision in the morning. Well, I guess it's morning somewhere, so I'll join.

Arsenal boyo, there ain't an episode of mst3k I ain't seen at least twice. But yeeeah that was one of my favorites. Beef Hardcheese, anurism man, girl-who-was-in-the-next-scene-after-she-died, and the captains grandma/daughter... good times.

So if I'm cleared to post I'll have something up today, unless Irae, you want me to wait for the next chapter?

Edit: Irae, yeah I was doing some thinking on that and toying with the name Jeremiah Biggs, nicknames have to come from somewhere. Maybe even if he's forgotten it someone (Arkoss, being his commander would probably know his name) else would remember who he used to be.

@ Daiki: *Insert 10000 ATATATATAATA-Fist-Of-The-North-Star-style bro-fists here*

Nice to have you on board, Rory. If you need any help with anything, just ask eh?

@ Lunatic AI: It'd be best if you could post in this chapter, perhaps having your character being one of the heavies that will be clashing head on with the enemy defences. I imagine that after Claire's explosives go off, your character and whoever's with him will have the perfect opportunity to quickly make your way in and raise some hell.

As for his name, I think in a way it'd be cool if he hasn't really forgotten his true name, but he associates it with something incredibly traumatic from his past. He doesn't like to hear it much except perhaps from certain persons and at certain times. The particulars I think Arkoss would only have a vague sort of idea about and it could have something to do with his actual identity; he could be something beyond just a funebraran.

UPDATE

The combat overview has been updated. A special "Warning" section has been added alongside
Big McLargehuge's combat suggestions.

Ohhhh. I like you. I'll focus on my IC post and toy with Biggs' bio in my spare time...

Sounds good. You could also elaborate on his past throughout the IC, progressively revealing more and more.

EDIT: I'll be getting a post up later. Busy studying and shit right now :S

Combat post is up. If any of you want to describe a giant crab and some infantry support crushing an armour group, feel free. Here's a description of the Cancer Domus (the bio titan they'll be sending in, basically a giant crab) for your usage:

The massive bio-mech had not been heavily modified for the battle, but it didn't need to be. Awakened from its cryo-slumber, the brown-red coloured crustacean was a fearsome sight to behold,seeming like some mythic beast from ancient folklore. Its red eyes may have been small, but even allies found its gaze discomforting. Its face was protected by a durable mask. Standing noticeably but not greatly taller than the enemy mecha, it had been modified to be stronger and faster, along with having enhanced combat capabilities. Synthetic, silver, metallic armour plates were layered on top of its already thick shell, powerful shotgun-like weapons attached to the underside of its claws, and a pair of rocket pods were put on its back.

You mentioned you were looking for someone to plan the two charas on page 2. Do you think want them to be played by someone?

Sounds crabby.

Biggs is in Arkoss party correct? I'm just having info overload I want a quick check of where I am before I accidentally mention someone who isn't with me as being ...with me....

@ Daiki: Those were two characters I put up as a sort of example for characters anyone could use, although Sorvaille has actually appeared IC. No one has actually taken her yet. They're both up for the taking, of course, although they are modifiable; if you want to change them to your liking, go ahead, but I'd like to keep some of the core starting characteristics. It would definitely be very nice if someone could take them, but you could just make OC's if you want. I'd like Sorvaille to have someone behind her especially, seeing as she's been mentioned in more importance than Markopf.

Mind you, Rice has expressed interest in joining this RP and playing as Sorvaille, but she (or he?) doesn't seem to be too active right now. If you want to take her, I'll explain it to her.

@ Lunatic AI: When I read the post, I assumed he was attacking from a different side of the base and was sort of serving as a distraction for Arkoss and the others. I assume he's still around that side but advancing inwards, raising utter hell as he goes along.

Okay. I'll wait a few days/whatever before I decided if I'll take reigns over for Sorvaille.

In the meantime, I'll see what sort of character I can slap together.

Sounds good. Mind you, if Rice suddenly returns and wants to take her, I *MIGHT* have to give it to her due to her being first and all.

POSTDEVEX in progress.

Cool that makes more sense to me anyway.

STUPID QUESTION ALERT:
We're planetside right? Like we have landed and are invading a millitary compound, not in space... So if I start playing 'find the load bearer' we aren't all going to get sucked out into the cold. I read through the last few posts but I'm catching xmelesiox's cold so I'm a bit fuzzy in the brainpan. My eyes aren't working.

Yeah, we're on Columbia 4 currently. It's not necessarily a military compound; it was a derelict mining facility that's been kinda turned into a fortified makeshift military base.

Okay sorry i've been busy lately I'm reposting alot of the same stuff as before but with some added material and sorry about the mistakes, I had to write this quickly

Alarians a human like race from the planet alara. Alarians look identical to humans except, their hair is flat and broad as compared with humans round thin hair, Alarian hair is also metallic looking. Alarians also differ from hgumans in that their canine teeth are elongated into fangs and all of their teeth are extremly sharp, Alarians are hyper carnivores, meaning they eat upwords of ninety percent meat in their diets. The final destinction between humans and Alarians is that alarians have a silver based blood which appears black whaen exposed to oxygen.
The alarianshave a large piece of the galaxy that they have colonized and made seperate from the rest of the TSC, Their government is a republic that tries to keep from being to involved in intergalactic polotics, for instance they are members of the TSC but they do not take a big role in it despite the fact the are the seventh most populous and one of the most technilogically advanced races in the coalition.
The Alarians want the funebaranrans to find a new home and for that they have equiped the raptor class starship AMV Revanant to fly with their fleet and assist them in any way needed. The Alarians do not send anymore forces initally to help because of the stigma of getting to involveds, but the crew of the Revanant are completly devoted to the cause. The Revanant is a sub stealth vessal maeaning it can cloak it's energy readings and almost dissappear from sight but is incapable of camoflaging itself. Revanant is armed with many anti ship weopons including over two hundred anti fighter/boarding craft lasers, ship to ship missile pods, a heavy main cannon, several lighter secondary cannons, orbital bombardment guns, among more. The Revanant also carries several fighters, a contingent of marines, a variety of transports, a primitive teleportation device, and very powerful shields. The revanant was built to be a jack of all trades, to assist in any situation that it may be needed in, overall though it only has about five hundred crew in all, and the facilityies to transport up to two hundred others (passangers refugees ETC)
Commanding this vessal is Captain Sikaris a young marine officer who had been forced to command a vessal during a bloody conflict several years ago and never was released from the post. He is an intelligent if not brash commander, who was instrumental in several battles. He is young and inexperienced but he has a fervor and an inconquerable spirit that his superiors thought perfect for this mission.

Name: Captain Mal Sikaris
Species: Alarian
Designation: Frigate commander
Commander
Height: 6,3weight:220 lbs
Hair: A shiny cobalt blue
Eyes:silver

Captain Sikaris joined the Alarian military at a young age (equivilent to around sixteen tears old, as the human lives) He joined first in the Alarian airforce who are in charge of orbital sub orbital and air combat. He was trained as a fighter pilot but after an accident he was forced into a group known as the airwalkers (which are alot like marines) He was quickly promoted to squad commander. during a civil war broke out Mal was recognized for his actions in combat, and given the rank of ship Liutennant, making him in charge of an entire garrison of Airwalkers on a ship. Toward the end of the civil war while in a battle all of Sikaris's commanding officers were killed in action and he was forced to take command of the ship he was serving on. He fought bravely in the battle for a long time despite his ship's being damged severly. He was recognized for his actions, and was given command of a brand new frigate, and an extremley talented crew, He was given a series of speacial missions and he finished every one of them perfectly, but after the Helios system fell apart he was given a new mission, one that would push him and his crew to the limits of their abilities, but Sikaris and his crew are ready and eager for the challenge ahead, they beleive as there commanders do, the Funebaranrans must be helped.

Sounds good Okami. When can you get some IC postage up?

Name: Sefu
Species: Genetic Hybrid (Humanoid)

Appearence:
Sefu posesses both the typical humanoid endoskeleton and a hard, chitinous exoskeleton that he tends to regard more as armor. His face looks human, save for the fact that his features are slightly muted and he has electric blue, slit-pupiled eyes. The ends of his fingers have slits in them; rather than fingernails, he has semi-retractible claws about a half inch long. His chitin is black and dark green in a mottled stripe pattern, and his only exposed skin - his head - is a deep chocolate brown. His name is gouged into the upper right quadrant of his chestplate with angry strokes.

Past:
Sefu, originally designated X3-GI015, was created as a prototype in a TSC initiative to create soldiers capable of countering the Funebrarans' effectiveness as shock troops. One of the first prototype models to be deemed production worthy, GI015's genotype now serves as the template for a custom-tailored army. Not content to be a semi-disposable weapon and nothing more, Sefu stole equipment and effected his escape from the the facility where he was being housed.

Personality:
GI015 was conditioned from 'birth' to be a fanatically loyal TSC soldier. His conditiong was compromised, however, by the genetic memory of a Funebraran DNA source. Sefu has fragmented memories from Gansetseg Klimek, a Funebraran soldier killed in action on Garsani. Sefu still has the capacity for loyalty - anyone who treats him has a good chance of earning it.

A firey and headstrong man, Sefu becomes cool and detatched in combat, brave mostly because he lacks a fear of death.

Combat Ability, Skills, And Equipment:
Sefu's claws generate a bioelectrical field that causes a persistent partial paralysis effect on contact. He has been trained on a wide variety of TSC and Funebraran weapons, and is rated marksman or higher with most assault and sniper weaponry. He has limited energy manipulation abilities coded in by the TSC scientists - he can heal minor wounds and mitigate major ones, blur his coloration to blend with the background, and cloak himself from the IR spectrum of light. Whether or not he has the potential to expand his capabilities will have to be explored at a later date

Gear:
-Price Solar Frontiers K135 .309 Assault Rifle w/ ACOG X19 Marksman's scope
-Cox Industrial Arms Stonewyrm .58COX Autopistol w/ Suppressor