1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

INTEREST CHECK Society Roleplay, anyone?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Reveuse, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to run a social rp where your characters would try to make it big in a complicated and ruthless society through a combination of slyness, wiles, courage, intrigues, guts, prowess and all of such things you can thing would help them go upwards from mere Va-Nu-Pieds to, perhaps, the leaders of their nation.

For that to happens I need two things: some interest and a choice:

Alternate Historical or Futuristic?

2. Count me in if this is Alternate Historical, especially if it's AU. ^^

3. Excellent, Alternate History it is :)!
    Do you have wishes or suggestions as to what you would like to see in the roleplay?

4. Hmm. I tend to really like the idea of nepotistic oligarchies based on family name, where only a handfew of families hold power and hoard it to themselves. An outsider trying to break in would have difficulty without a tie to at least one of the power-holding families, but even within the families rivalry between siblings & cousins could become fierce. Something along the lines of the great houses from GoT/ASoIaF, maybe?

5. What of the setting you would like, more along the lines of Medieval or something closer to the Modern Era? Or even something Antiquity-like?

6. Antiquity or Classical could be really fun. ^^ Or something Victorian/Steampunk, even.

7. Alright, antiquity it is :)!
    I want to switch it up, so it'll be a matriarchal society with men being forced to enroll in the army to earn a place in a family.

8. Me gusta. ^^ I've done pretty much the exact same setup before (with a Drow culture, though) and it ended up pretty awesome.

9. What would you say if I started the OOC and we got around like usual in hope of some people joining?

10. Sounds fine to me. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.