Social Classes (Shera and ~Nora.Inu~)

Cari nodded.
"Alright, I guess. After all, this one old guy once said we have to be the change we want to see in the world, so it is for the best," he said, nodding in agreement. He was still on edge, and intended to carry a knife with him at all times on their trip.
"Do you have hair dye? I obviously don't, that stuff is way to expensive," he said, sighing pitifully at how poor he must seem.
"One more thing... could you give me education? It would really mean a lot," he said, knowing how childish it sounded.
"Oh, and I have a head band and ripped up hoodie I can use."

Lucian thought about it for a minute than nodded slightly and said, "Use your hoodie and headband to hide your hair, and as for the education we will see how it goes." He smiled slightly at Cari to let him know he did not mean it in a mean way, but education wasn't just given to anyone. He glanced towards Caesar again, then though about it for a second and said, "How about this, if no one finds out about you for at least three days I will start your education. Sound fair?"

Cari went over to a nail in the wall of his 'kitchen', pulling his hoodie and head band off. He used the band to keep his bangs back,then the hoodie to cover the rest. The gray hoodie had multiple holes and frayed threads in it from over use and animals getting to it.
"Deal. But if they do, I die. Seems like fair trade," he said, shrugging slightly, looking at the two with his eyes that wasn't covered by the patch.
"So... when we go?"

Lucian glanced at Caesar and said, "Now if my partner has no objections." He smiled slightly at the man then looked towards Cari and winced slightly whenever he saw what the man was wearing. "Remind me whenever we get to the house to get you a change of clothes and maybe a shower as well. Hopefully you are around one of our sizes." He said, smiling slightly to take any sting out of his words. He started towards the door being very careful not to touch anything, and thinking to himself of how long he would have to take a shower if he did.

Cari gawked at the mention of a shower and new clothes.
"A shower? And new clothes? Are you serious?" he asked, almost like someone discovering the world for the first time. He followed the black haired men out of the building.
"Wow... a shower," he said, astounded.

Lucian glanced back over his shoulder at Cari and said, "Of course a shower, I would not let you sit down on our furniture unless you had one." He smiled slightly then continued on his way out, but not before glancing both ways to make sure that no one was there. Sighing in relief he started towards the vehicle wondering where that person from before went. He shrugged it of then glanced back over his shoulder to make sure Caesar and Cari were following then said, "You know, if you think about it this was a really lucky thing that happened. If you had walked by a little more than an hour before we would have never met you."

"Yeah, so lucky," he said, somewhat sarcastically. He still had his doubts about the whole arrangement. He followed until they got to a nice looking car. He paused a moment before getting in. He looked around, never having ridden in a car before. He looked absolutely amazed.
"There's border guards, aren't there? How am I going to sneak past them?"

Lucian wondered how much he should tell Cari before deciding that it most likely be best to keep him in the dark for now. Once he slipped into the passenger seat of the car he said, "Don't worry, we will be able to get through without any trouble." He knew that if he did it just right the guards would not dare to stop him from getting through no matter how suspicious Cari looked. He looked over at Caesar and said, "How soon until we are back home do you think?" They didn't need to be gone to long, just one of them gone would be fine but with both of them gone people would think.

Caesar thought a moment before answering.
"About an hour, at most. As long as we don't get stopped, we should be okay," he said, then the car came to life and drove off smoothly. Cari looked out the window, eyes full of wonder. He watched his world pass him by, and they were soon out of the 'city' limits.
"Everything is moving so fast," he mumbled to himself.

Lucian laughed softly before saying, "Of course it is, we are in a moving vehicle after all." He looked over his shoulder at where Cari was at and smiled slightly at him. "Keep an eye out the window whenever we enter the first class neighborhood, you will most definitely love the sight." He took took only a moment to give Cari a thorough look over before looking ahead of him again. He always loved whenever Caesar drove because it meant he could look at the sights, and the city as well. He looked between Cari and Caesar for a moment than smiled to himself and thought, 'This is going to be fun, I can just tell.' He looked straight ahead again, still smiling to himself.

Cari nodded, smiling for the first time to the man. He looked back out the window, watching the world go buy. Soon, he started to see a 'city', which was behind a barb-wire fence. The fence was broken up, but the city was a lot nicer than where Cari lived.
"That where brown hair live?" he asked, looking at everything he could see at this point. He assumed they would go through a lot of neighborhoods, all bad or good, until they reached the palace where these two lived. He also figured that every city would have some kind of boundary, whether it be fence of a tall stone or metal wall.

Lucian nodded slightly to the man before saying, "That's their part of the city, or their own city if you want to get technical about it." He looked towards the city wondering why they had to keep them in such terrible conditions. They might be lower class but that didn't mean that they had to be treated worse than even animals. "The palace is much nicer as you can expect, but I wouldn't start fantasizing until you see it. It is not something one can just imagine, it is very beautiful." He looked towards Cari, though he wasn't sure if he was talking about the palace or Cari when he said that last part.

Cari didn't look over, just nodded. When the entered the brown haired city, passing right by the guards, who didn't bother to stop them. They knew the car was from the palace. Cari had his hood pulled up, covering most of his face as he looked at all the sights. To him, this brown hair city was the most beautiful city he had seen so far. The paint was still on a lot of the buildings, the houses didn't have gaping holes and broken windows, and he could see pipe lines that were still in good condition. Water pipelines.
"They have running water here?" he asked, seeing it drip from a small leak. He was amazed. In his city, they got a clean water truck twice in a month, and had to share the water with everyone. The rest of the water was muddy and carried diseases.
"By the way, how olds are you two?"

Lucian looked back to where Cari was at and asked, "You don't get running water in your city? That's not right at all, everyone should at least have to right to clean water." He glanced at Caesar than shrugged at him, almost as if to say that he didn't see why he shouldn't tell him their age, before saying, "We are both 30 years old, what about you? You seem like you couldn't be more than 25 years old at the most." He didn't comment on the fact that the eye patch made him seem even older and most likely if he didn't have it he was seem even younger. Then he thought about it and decided that the eye patch didn't really detract from his looks, in a way it enhanced his looks.

Cari shook his head.
"No, I'm just 27. How old do people in your area usually get?" he asked, feeling curious about everything. He knew they had water and all the benefits in the world, so they couldn't be that sick. Cari himself was pretty healthy, considering where he lived.
"Most people I knew that were my age are already dead, so I'm just really curious." he said, keeping his gaze outside the window. He leaned back slightly when he saw a brown haired couple walking down the street. They seemed pretty happy, and the womans hair was well take care of.

Lucian winced slightly when he heard how young some of the red hair had died then said, "We can live upwards of past 100 years, though some of us get very weak the closer we get to that age." He didn't mention the fact that some of them overdo their eating habits and usually wind up dying of a heart attack or some such symptom. He looked towards Caesar and decided to ask something of Cari that he thought might get him a look for it, "How young do you all usually marry?"

Cari's had snapped over when he heard how old. Life was not fair to some people.
"100 years... that's a lot of years othr people could use," he mumbled, looking back outside.

When he heard the question of marriage, he out right laughed for the first time that night.
"Marriage? You're joking, right?" he said between his chuckles, clutching his stomach when it started to cramp.
"You black hairs is so... un-knowing," he said, shaking his head.
"We aren't allowed to marry, that's reserved for blond and black," he replied, drying his eyes of the tears that had come from laughing so hard.
"Why do you ask? When did the two of you get married?"

Lucian sighed slightly when he heard what Cari said about marriage, he hoped the people at least had some way to symbolize their love for one another. He though about Cari's question for a moment before saying, "We got married around the time I turned 18 so about 12 years ago. It was an arranged marriage and since I am a month younger than Caesar here we had to wait until I was of marriage age." He looked at Caesar with a slight smile. It may have been an arranged marriage but whenever he had met Caesar he had no doubt that he would have asked for his hand in marriage anyways.

"Wow, how romantic." Cari chuckled, returning to his spot, looking out the window.
"Such nice places... Do the two of you know how to read?" he asked curiously, watching the buildings become less and less until they were out of city limits again.

Lucian nodded slightly than realized Cari wasn't looking in his direction and said, "Yes we can, though I'm not the one who really likes to read. I actually prefer to watch Caesar read, or to try and distract him from his reading." He smirked slightly in Caesar's direction before looking back at Cari and saying, "Once we get to the house you should be warned that I will do everything in my power to strip you down and get you in a shower so that I can see what you look like under all that street gunk." He smiled slightly at the man, he was starting to enjoy himself on this little adventure of theirs.