1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Early topic again before update day is gonna take the site down and I can't post...

Your social battery! The energy you have and can muster up for social things. How does it run, how fast does it run out. How does it recharge, or does it actually recharge through social activity? Tell me all about it because mine is depleted to the max!

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: firejay1
I'm an introvert to the extreme so my social battery is on the lower side, I'd say (though I'm not sure how much of that is from being introverted and how much it is just having low patience for rude people). I can power through and hide it pretty well if I have too though. I can handle a full day, maybe a day and a half, of a bunch of big social things before I absolutely need time to myself for a break, but it really depends on what that social thing is. For example, school every day was very rough on me, but going out with friends for a whole weekend was more then fine.

One thing I've found that helps is Planning. It. Out. What day is this happening on? What time does it start? Do I have to go anywhere or is it at home? When does it end/when is it acceptable to go home? My parents and I started doing it this way originally because as a kid, I had a lot of doctors appointments we needed to work around so having all that info was ideal, but as I got older I found it really helped in making sure I had the energy I needed and that I was mentally prepared for other things too.

When it comes to recharging I need to be left alone in my own space. I can't have people near me, even to just check on me, or I'm sure to have an overstimulated breakdown. When my battery is depleted everyone is too loud, too rough, too much. I normally just go into my bedroom put on some soft music, grab a book and my weighted blanket and stay there for an hour or two, possibly longer if needed. Or I just straight up take a nap.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
I have a pretty weak social battery. I can usually only tolerate large groups, especially ones filled with people that I don't know for an hour or two at most... There are very few people that I can spend the entire day with, like my best friend or my partner, but other than that, I really need my alone time 😭 It takes a lot of brain power to talk to people...

• Bucket of Rainbows
I do not have a huge social battery, so I hate going to events and the like with people I don't know. I tried reaching out to people, but I realise that it depletes my social energy a whole lot, so I stopped. I am awkward with small talks, and barely like saying anything. People also like to think that I am a bitch because of my RBF, so I just ignore people altogether, unless they talk to me.

Even at my workplace, where I am forced to talk to students and parents, I'd be so drained by the end of it, I just lock myself up inside my room when I am home. I now have minimal interaction with my family cause of that.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Like the rest of the responders my social battery is pretty small as well. 😂 but it also really depends on how I spent the energy!

A night out with friends is easily recharged if I get the day for myself. A weekend with friends usually means I need a week to recover! I can barely even tolerate colleagues in the office after a weekend, which, rip.

Meanwhile I can spent every night in VC with friends, talking about everything and nothing and feel fine, but if my mom calls me three days in a row I'm ready to fling my phone through the room and beg for some silence.

A crowd of strangers, however, depends on what sort of crowd it is. A crowd of strangers coming together because of professional reasons, or because of work-related stuff doesn't exhaust me as much as a crowd of strangers that I have to face for social private reasons. I will take a business meeting any day over having to put myself forward as a social creature.

My small social battery was built with a low capacity, and it has faulty innerworkings that might require me to stay plugged into a socket, so to speak. I shut down too readily in social scenes, or I'll dissociate and no longer have presence. ><; So I need to keep part of my mind active by messing with a fidget toy, or the people I'm interacting with need to keep me involved or else they'll lose me. And that focus will hold for a very limited time before I become genuinely tired and have all the spoons used up.
It's not uncommon for me to sit off to the side like a computer in Sleep Mode until someone stops by with a social request.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I'm a nurse and take care of old people, so even if I'm out of battery, I gotta just suck it up. Generally though, I pretty much keep to myself, and I enjoy being alone whenever possible. I'm pretty capable of handling big groups or being out in public even if I'm drained, but I dislike people and try to avoid those sorts of scenarios. I feel like I could probably go weeks without talking to other people and I'd probably be fine.