So You Think You Choose Your Destiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions:

I read over the entire thread, but the whole "you can kill somebody else but have to clear it with the GM as opposed to the person" thing is still iffy to me. Maybe I'm missing something? My point is, I think the person controlling the character they want to kill should have some kind of say in the matter. I get there has to be a valid reason behind it (ex. They're a super villain destroying the city and you need to stop them/you're the villain and want to stop a specific hero), but I know I would hate it if all of a sudden, somebody stabs my character in the heart and instantly kills him. I don't know, maybe that system can be looked at/explained a little more so there's more of a say?

And #2. When we're assigned our powers, do we get to make our own awesome super suits? I want a super suit :3
The thing is, you'll have to trust my judgement. I won't let it be random. It has to make good logical sense. So essentially, they need good reason within their character to kill another character. I also feel that allowing the player to decide, takes away from the fun. This is a hard world, and you are coming into some very interesting abilities. Your character needs to learn how and when they want to use these powers, and do so without getting themselves killed. Essentially, I want tension. Good solid tension. You don't know when or where someone might off your character, so you have to be careful. Hell, someone might even join this RP with the intent of killing other characters..... OOOOHHH!!!! SPOOOOOOOKY!

No, but seriously, I want this to be tense, and trust me. I will make sure that there are no random killings just for the heck of it, and if someone tries to kill your character you will have chance to defend yourself. I mean, you have superhuman abilities! I might also try to kill you.... but I will be fair. Think of me as very much the DM of a game of D&D. I 'm here to help ya'll have fun, and part of the fun for me is watching you all try not to die (I actually prefer when characters survive.). Of course if you fail to survive, you are always welcome to roll up a new character and get assigned a new power.

As to 2, if you want.... I mean, I guess if you character feels inspired by comic book characters and what not and would like to have some sort of costume, go ahead. Don't let me stop you.

Oh, and if I forgot to mention it explicitly, your characters will not know they have powers. They will have to discover them first. You can make this nice and quick, for most, but when I did something similar before, I got Power Cancellation, and it took forever for anyone (the group was all sticking together) to figure out their powers. Pretty much every time my character went off someplace, weird ass shit happened, then he would get back and nothing. XD

And apologies for the odd off focused manner of this post. I haven't slept in 24 hours, and have ADD so those combined are not great for massively coherent thought....

Buddy: *snaps his fingers as all of a sudden a spiral of flame engulphs his hand*

You: HI GUYS WHATS UP? :D

*flame goes out and everyone stares at you with fear*

You: ... Wha?

Buddy: *snaps his fingers as all of a sudden a spiral of flame engulphs his hand*

You: HI GUYS WHATS UP? :D

*flame goes out and everyone stares at you with fear*

You: ... Wha?
It was great when I got hold of a freaking assault rifle on a tiny island where everyone else there had their powers, and some of them had pistols. I ruled that roost. ANother thing that made it awesome was that the GM wanted to have all these encounters with various NPCs with powers, but they all went to shit because I rolled Power Cancellation. So this massive, hard to kill lizard man became a naked dude in the middle of the woods. XD

Reminds me of my 3-year running D&D campaign. We've completed the main quest twice (defeat the evil lord and save the land, then it was get back home from that far off area), but everywhere we went we were pursued by a man named "Dave" who ruled over a bunch of monkeys. Called it "The Bannana Republic". But every time we saved a kingdom, he would come and claim the throne for said republic, so now we have to take him down because he's got control over the entire world xD

Yep. Plus we forgot an important NPC back at one of the early dungeons and had to back-track to get him. He was just sitting on the floor, patiently awaiting our return xD

Alright. Since I have not slept in almost 32 hours, I shall sleep. When I return there shall be an OOC, and shortly after (probably the day after) and IC.

Character thing! Kind of just lightly-organized information, but it's there! No picture as of yet.

Name; Carter Graham
Age; 17
Gender; Male
Appearance; The boy is short for his age, to start with. Coming in at a small 5"2'. Carter's height is likely the first thing someone would notice (or fail to notice) about him. He has a small and thin body, almost childlike, really. He has brown hair, falling around his chin in height and hanging loosely from his head. His bangs are cut straight about a half and inch away from his light blue, almond shaped eyes. A pair of top-framed glasses rests on his face, the frame white in color.
Personality; A light-hearted, and generally kind person to be around. Carter likes to spend his days playing games, any game really. He loves being entertained, making him crave attention in general. He'd never admit it out loud, but there's a reason he draws more in public than indoors. His love for games grants him a competitive streak as well, and it's not unheard of for Carter to be a bit of a sore loser. All in all, the boy enjoys company and the feeling of competition, but his lack of athletic ability leads him to board games or video games, or even just pointless bets.

Skills; Drawing, Gaming, General factual knowledge when he applies himself
Failures; Sports, Cooking, Music in general (totally tone deaf don't let him sing ever)

General Positives; Friendly, Ambitious, Competitive,
General Negatives; Sore-loser, over-dramatic, sometimes gets moody,

Various Quirks; Can't fold clothes to save his life, tends to push up his glasses a lot, is a nail biter, Is unbearably ticklish, Almost always has gum on him that he totally forgets about until he sticks his hands in his pockets. Finding this gum makes him unnecessarily happy.

Family; Two sisters, one younger (13; Ellie) one older (23; Heather). Mother and Father (48 and 51, Named Josie and Ricky)

Also, out of curiosity @Potatocat, who's picking your character's powers if you play one? Or are you acting as a DM for the entire thing and basically watching over the story?

Also, I realize that people can become real life supervillains based on their decisions here, but are there going to be NPC characters who have that kind of a trait? (Ex. While we deal with our own thing, an NPC lunatic with the ability to control all types of metals shows up to basically use his newfound powers to conquer the world).

Also, out of curiosity @Potatocat, who's picking your character's powers if you play one? Or are you acting as a DM for the entire thing and basically watching over the story?
I think he is rolling for powers (haven't read any other posts yet), which means if he made a character he would roll a die to determine his own power.

Yeah, I figured he was gonna do something fair, just wanted to make sure it wasn't "You get X, You get Y, and I get A because that was my personal choice :3".

I know he wouldn't do that, but I just had to ask.

Name: Jason Yeager

Skills: 127 I.Q, extensive knowledge of criminal phycology, history buff

Positive Traits: intelligent, determined, strong willed, unmovable standing

Negative Traits: sees people as tools, will do whatever he needs to win

Back story: Jason Yeager raised his sister since he was 15 years old. Their parents had died in a car crash, his sister was 8. Jason worked multiple jobs to feed and house his sister. One day when Jason was 21 a man approached Jason and offered him a full fledged scholarship. Jason accepted and in 4 years he graduated top of his class in criminal phycology. He became a lawyer of the state to put criminals behind bars. 1 year after he was at home waiting for his sister but he didn't realize that he would be waiting a very long time. His sister was killed in a drunk driving hit and run on her way home from high-school. Jason buried his sister at the age of 17. That is when he snapped. He retreated into himself, cutting off most connection to the outside world. People only see him when he appears in court.

Personality: He is very disconnected socially, he cares little to nothing for others, he hates people period.

Family: sister. mother, father all deceased.

Appearance:
dc1328970e90674a2d3891c62d492356.jpg

I'd kind of like to join, if this is still open?

Appearance:
(To come at a later date- I'm on my iPad so I can't apply a picture)

Name:
Rogan Rashel Pierce

Gender/Sexuality:
Demisexual Female

Five Positive Traits:
Quick thinker, loyal, honest, humorous and flirtatious.

Five Negative Traits:
Anxious, always late, scared of fire, scared of heights and recovering alcoholic.

Background/Personality:
Rogan is good at athletics and trivia but she's a terrible test taker. She won all of her school spelling bees and stared on the basketball team, however she graduated with mostly C's and B's. She took a few classes at community college but life has been pretty much tough-and-go for a while. She was raised by a single mother with no siblings and her mother died of ovarian cancer when Rogan was 17.​

Status
Not open for further replies.