So what's the Second Derivative of this Trignometric Co-Function Anyway ?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Sakura, Nov 5, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

Right. So here's the deal.

Have you already taken Calculus ?

How'd you do ? How do you feel about the subject?

Was it worth it (i.e, is it useful in life) ?

&& BONUS QUESTION: Can you help Sakii with her homework sometimes ? :33

2. No I have not. If I can manage it I never will. Not that I have anything against it- it sounds fascinating, I just don't know what I would DO with it. And my basic algebra class is already nigh destroying my life. I see no point in stressing myself out for something I don't really really enjoy.

But if you love math, I would say calculus is the way to go.

3. Not really :3

Thank god I rolled a 20 XD

4. ... I didn't get that far in High School.

And even if I did I would have avoided Calculus like the plague. c__c I hate math. Not to say I couldn't do it, I JUST HATE THE NUMBERS. HATE. HATE. HAAAATE.

I was all about the English. D:

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah, that doesn't gel with our lore at this current time.

7. Josh, is that Kenneth Branagh?

Or have I just been bent by too many watchings of scenes from Henry V?

8. YAYYYYYY ETHAN

9. Mouu :33
    You all SUCK. I'm in eleventh grade && I'm taking AP Calc >_<

Doesn't ANYONE know enough Calculus to tutor someone? Why not ?

10. I took Calc 1 and 2...Passed Calc 1 but failed 2.

If you're at Calc 1 level, I may be able to teach you, but I'd have to dig up my old calc books, as I am very, very rusty.

11. Lawl. Art>Maths any day of the week.

12. Yes.
    Well. At times, it felt like hell.
    So far, so good, but time will tell.
    Catch me first, and I may well.

:D

13. Oh, and Saku? If you're gonna go into engineering, physics, or some similarly math-heavy field, then yes, it is useful.

Otherwise it's a waste of time.

14. The General Assemby backs Ritsuko, and that's mostly men, though.

15. Oh, yeah, okay. xD

16. I've done both... passed calc 1. Failed the calc 2 final but still managed to pass the course... I think I understand it better now, after applying calc in a couple of classes, but I'm not in a math heavy degree, so Iunno!

Some of the biology classes uses calc too... stuff like epidemiology, and tracking population changes... also if you were thinking of going into atmospheric/oceanic sciences. Those bio/life sciences/natural science fields were modelling is important, since nothing's linear in nature... oh joy.

17. Ayyyye I win

18. These are some anime recommendations off the top of my head... I hope this helps!
    Psycho-Pass, Guilty Crown, Akame ga Kill, Kill la Kill, Servamp, Seraph of the End, Code Geass, Angel Beats, Deadman Wonderland, Blood-C, Blood+, Hell Girl, Pandora Hearts, Black Bullet, Bungou Stray Dogs, Durarara, Darker than Black, Steins Gate, Twin Star Exorcists, Noragami, Rental Magica, Another, xxxHolic, Tsubasa, Ajin, 91 Days, Magi: The Lybrinth of Magic, Magi: The Adventures of Sinbad, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay, Re:Zero, Soul Eater, Soul Eater Not!, The Lives of Highschool Boys, Big Order, Occultic; Nine, Hunter X Hunter, Boku no Hero Academa, Assassination Classroom, World Trigger, Bleach, Shiki

19. actually i ahve a revision to my statements;

The only good calculus, is Professor Calculus from Tintin.