So This Is The End

There she was, crying as usual and hiding in an abandoned building. Tumi tried to keep her voice muffled and quiet as she wept behind a tipped over desk, she didn't want attention from the undead to draw towards her.
Her rusted cleaver rested beside her, it was in poor condition and was already about to break away.
Tumi whimpered, her head peering over the edge of the desk, what she saw was horrid; Dead bodies sprawled all over the building, limbs scattered and heads dismembered, disgusting. This made her cry even louder, and her attempts to keep her voice down was not helping her at all. She tried clamping her mouth shut with two hands but attention was already drawn. Two zombies began to approach her, they stumbled upon one another at a staggering pace.

Tumi grabbed her cleaver and tried to make her way out, but one grabbed her foot, pulling her towards it's opened mouth. She tried swinging her weapon around, but to no avail it clamped its jaw around her ankle, her ankle began to bleed. Tumi screeched and flailed her legs around prying the undead freak off of her. She threw her cleaver hitting the center of its head, leaving the second one to feast upon its brethren's dead flesh, it gave her enough time to make it out of the building and wrap the bite wound... She was infected now...

The relieved Freya finally relaxed. She put her hat back on her head not bothering to tuck her messy brown hair back into it. "It's a small room that must have been home to the store's former owner," Freya told Kate while she wiped the zombie blood off her sword and sheathed it. "Unfortunately the last resident opted for the easy way out and shot a bullet through his brain," For a moment Freya's eyes grew dark and she stared at the floor with her fists clenched in anger. Then she closed her eyes and when she opened them again she seemed to be back to normal. She looked back at Kate as if nothing had happened. "So I wouldn't suggest going in the bathroom," she smiled and turned around to go back up the stairs. "I didn't get to look through anything yet so we mi-" she stopped mid-sentence and looked toward the backdoor which was only a few paces away from the bottom of the stairs. "I could of sworn I heard someone scream," she said in a quiet voice listening for the sounds of living person, but all she could hear were the grunts and moans of the dead.

Kate nodded. "Okay." She went quiet as she heard the same scream as Freya. "Maybe..maybe they handled it." she whispered after a few minutes.

Freya walked quietly to the back door and put her eye to the peephole. She looked out into a narrow alley. There was a toppled over garbage can which contributed to the litter that covered the ground and a single gray door that would lead into the opposite building. A lazy zombie slouched against the wall of the other building, but Freya didn't see anything that would have made the scream. "Maybe we'll see something from the window upstairs," she stepped away from the door and swiftly made her way up the stairs.

Tumi sniffled and wiped her eyes with her jacket sleeve. Her attempts to do anything always failed within a matter of seconds, and with an infected bite she had already given up hopes to stay quiet. She began to cry as she walked along the blood stained pavement, her eyes watery and her sight blurred by the tears.

Freya looked out the window to the street below and saw a crying girl walking on the sidewalk in front of the shop. The zombies were starting to take notice of the girl and stumbled toward her. "There's someone out there!" Freya exclaimed. "We have to go help her!" Freya said to Kate running past her on her way downstairs. She ran to the backdoor and ripped it open. Running toward we're she saw the girl she unsheathed her sword avoiding the hands of the zombie sitting against the wall that reached for her when she passed. "Hey!" She yelled at the crying girl, "Over here!"

Kate followed Freya, slipping through the back window with her rifle. "Why is she just sitting there?" Kate mumbled, firing a few shots and daring to approach the girl. "Come on! Over here!" She took another few steps, firing another shot which caught one of them right between the eyes. She held out a hand, only a foot from the girl. "We've got to move, sweetie, come on." She said, trying to comfort the girl in the process of getting her into their building.

Her eyes widened, more so with fear than with a hope of getting rescued. Tumi squeaked and covered her mouth, her tears streaming over her hands and landing onto the pavement in small droplets. She nodded her head slightly showing that she understood their orders and that she would at least try to follow them without making a mistake.

She wanted to run, but her feet felt plastered to the sidewalk. "I-I'm..." Should Tumi really say she was infected and risk getting killed early? She shook her head and muffled out her words with more tears and sobbing.

Why isn't she coming..Goodness grief. Kate stepped over to her, firing a shot at the closest Zombie before kneeling down. "Hey, come on. We'll talk when we get inside." She said, the same comforting voice from earlier. She placed a hand on the girl's arm carefully. "Come on."

Freya was slicing zombies left and right trying to keep them away from Kate and the girl, but they just kept coming. "Seriously?! It's like they're freaking regenerating or something," she mumbled to herself. "We should really get back inside now," Freya said looking over her shoulder at Kate. She was just about ready to grab the girl's arm and drag her inside herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tumi blinked a few times and nodded her head once more. She followed the two girls back inside the so called building, the whole time she was mumbling gibberish with small gasps of sniffles in between. "I-I'm sorry..." Tumi managed to croak out during all of her sobbing.

Kate closed the door behind them, sliding to the floor and taking a deep breath. "It's okay. What'd your name? I'm Kate."

Bangs came from the door as the zombies tried to force themselves in. Freya took her nervous gaze from the door and looked at the girl. "And my name's Freya," she said with a smile.

Kate watched the girl carefully. "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm Tumi... Like... Tummy..." She muttered, "A-And I'm fine, really... You didn't have to go back there and..." Tumi paused and placed her hand on her ankle before speaking again, "Get me..." She began to sniffle and rub her eyes with her free hand.

"It's okay, Tumi. Don't worry about it," Freya smiled and bent down next to her. "We couldn't just leave you alone out there with the zombies." Freya looked at the bandage around Tumi's ankle. "Are you hurt?" Freya asked concerned.

Tumi rapidly shook her head in reply, she removed her hand from her ankle and chuckled a bit uncomfortably. She finished wiping her tears and stared down at the floor, twiddling her thumbs. "No... Nothing is wrong..." She gulped and stared up at Freya.

Freya looked at Tumi suspiciously for a moment before smiling and saying, "Well I'm glad your okay." "Why don't we all head up stairs then?" She stood up and stretched. "I don't know about you two, but I am beat. It's getting late so let's find some food and figure out where we're sleeping, okay?" Freya extended her hand to Tumi to help her up. "Oh and don't go into the bathroom, okay? Trust me."

Kate nodded in agreement about the bathroom. "I'll take watch tonight if you all want to go ahead and sleep." She said, smiling.

"Okay, but if you get tired just wake me up and we'll switch," Freya said to Kate. She turned back to Tumi, her hand still held out for her to grab. "Come on, you must be exhausted. Let's go upstairs and get some sleep," she said looking at Tumi with her bright green eyes full of kindness.

Last edited by a moderator: