So this apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...is this the new trend this week? Are we all apologizing?

If so, i'm sorry I came to this thread. >:C

You're just jealous that Brovo is such a trend-setter.
gray.gif

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
That's absolutely right, which is why he/she shouldn't have done those bad things in the first place.

I agree that it shouldn't have happened.

But, like, we all make mistakes. And once bad things happen, the least we can do is apologize and try to make amends, plus avoid doing it in the future.

I think it's kind of cruel to ostracize someone for one mistake they made. Something they know they can't completely fix.

That's absolutely right, which is why he/she shouldn't have done those bad things in the first place.
It's true, but there are points in people's lives where they have done things they wished they didn't. Rather it be by anger, sadness, depression, trying to up yourself, whatever. You can't always think when you act because we are NOT machines. We don't follow a program that tells what to do and not to do. We get carried away and do things we normally wouldn't. We can't change the past and you can't say she IS a horrible now, but she DID do horrible things at one time.

The fact is, she recognized her wrong doings and openly admitted it to a public audience. That is enough (for me) to see that she wishes to change and she doesn't want to be seen for her past actions.

With it done, we move on, clean the slate a good as we can and work to became a better person.

Hey guys, fun fact, dogpiling Sway for having an opinion you dislike isn't any better than Sway coming in here and saying negative things about an apology. Ever heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right?" It was made for situations just as these. Chill out and quit arguing over petty differences of opinion.

*follows after Salsacookies with the ban hammer*

My opinion is that some things cannot be forgiven. Bullying based on loss of life within a family is one of those things, of which the topic starter admitted to. Having recently lost a parent myself, this angers me quite a bit.

This is not a 'negative' comment about the nature of apologies. Feeling regret is great, but it does not make said actions OK. Neither is it about holding grudges or adding people to a 'shit-list'. I don't feel one way or the other towards the topic starter. I just think that the apology can't fix the mistake.

I'm not quite sure how some people are against this. That's your opinion, I guess, that these horrible actions are forgettable with an apology. And you're most certainly allowed to have that opinion. But, it seems that opinions, such as mine, that don't coincide with yours are frowned upon and cursed. It makes me wonder if I should be here at all.

It makes me wonder if I should be here at all.

Well, I certainly never said that. Nor did I say that any differing opinions were to be "cursed". o3o

I was simply sharing my opinion on the subject. I didn't fully expect to change your mind -- just wanted to throw that thought out there. No real ill will was meant by it.

BROVO! CLOSE THE THREAD!

Everything's burninnggggg

To show regret is good and all, but it doesn't magically make you a better person. You're still horrible for doing whatever you did.

All of this is really fucked up. The underlined is extremely fucked up. I've lost a parent and it's fucking horrible... and no amount of 'I'm sorry' can make up for this kind of behavior. So, in this case, you have to think before you do, because an apology can't fix it.
Honestly, yes it is wrong. But you must realize that it is not your choice whether or not she is forgiven. It is solely up to @Shadow to make that decision.

And at least she's making an effort to apologize and even change. Most people I know who have been dicks their entire lives have never apologized even ONCE, so you have to respect her for that.

Reactions: Lilac
Nobody is obligated to forgive anyone for anything. Sway is well within their rights to hold their opinion.

Personally, however, I see being stuck in the past as being unproductive. idk what happened exactly, besides a quick summary I've received, but alla us at some point have to move on. I for one, don't care as much about the apology is the actions taken afterwards (which I feel define people much better than saying they're sorry), but to the same end egging on someone for having been a douche long after the event is question has passed is just... Not productive. It's wasted energy. 'cause hate costs energy. Yet what exactly does hate amount to? Express your feelings, sure, but don't get hung up on them. The only thing you achieve is making yourself feel shitty, in addition to possibly making others feel shitty as well.

And that kinda goes for everyone.

What are we wasting energy for? There's nothing here but an apology, take it or leave it.

We should never chastise someone when they are trying to be a better person. Learning how to accept apologies gracefully is just as important to being a good human being as it is to have the courage to apologize!

With that said THANK YOU RAZIE. :D I hope you remain as inspired as all the other cool people that have been thinking about what they bring to the table! <3 It's making Iwaku a better place.

Honestly, yes it is wrong. But you must realize that it is not your choice whether or not she is forgiven. It is solely up to @Shadow to make that decision.

And at least she's making an effort to apologize and even change. Most people I know who have been dicks their entire lives have never apologized even ONCE, so you have to respect her for that.

I respect your opinion and in any other case I'd agree with you. It is up to that person to forgive the topic starter. However, the thread is marked 'Discussion', which is an exchange on views concerning some topic. My view is that an apology isn't enough in some cases. It doesn't mean that I'm against someone trying to be a better person.

Status
Not open for further replies.