So make a Valentine then

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clirkus

Original poster
There's a lot of us out there who are painfully reminded every year that we are still single, and at some point or other we're more than likely to sigh longingly and wish that someone would be our Valentine. Isn't that awfully selfish?

I was thinking this to myself last week and decided I was going to make a valentine for my friend. We're pretty close, long-story-short I confessed I had feelings for him last summer but he said he wasn't ready to be in another relationship (having had a girlfriend for almost two years and being broken up for one and a half got him thinking he needed to mature a lot more before doing that again). Eh, well I still like him now so I thought "What the heck, why don't I give him a Valentine?" Something nice but not overtly confrontational.

After doing some thinking on how to go about this task without being terribly cheesy I decided I'd just write a short note of appreciation and (since he's a huge MtG geek) I'm making a Plainswalker card featuring him (a photoshop WIP) that I'll include as a little token to what an awesome person he is. Not over-the-top and platonic enough that nobody will feel awkward.

So, what are YOU going to do (or what could you do) for that someone you're not quite brave enough to show a little love to? Throw some ideas around, just for fun!

(Or, if you already have a significant other, what are you planning to do already?)

I think there's a thread similar to this already up. But I can't be bothered to look.

There's nothing wrong with being single. Hell, lots of people would rather be single than with who they're currently seeing.

Me? I'm getting them what I usually do. Chocolates and a giant stuffed bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.