DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
So y'all may have noticed that I disappeared without any kind of explanation. For those of you who might want one, here it (finally) is.

It's been a hell of a year for me. My dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic colon cancer in February of 2014. After 13 months of unsuccessful chemotherapy and clinical trials, he passed away on March 25th of this year. In the course of those 13 months and more, I've also dealt with severe shifts in my romantic situation and the way I live my life, as well as having moved halfway across the country and gotten a new job. Over this time, my activity on Iwaku has been in a steady decline due to having less free time and more emotional tolls.

I'm not sure I will ever return to Staff or even to being an active member here. That's not to say I won't pop in now and then to say hi, nor that I won't talk to people who have my Skype or etc. But I do not have the energy or passion for Iwaku that I used to, and it's high time to admit it. Maybe one day that will change, but for now it's just not in the cards.

For those of you who want to RP with me still, that isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. Just know it won't be on this forum and that it's going to be sporadic.

To all of the awesome people I've met on here and all of the great RPers I've had the pleasure of writing with, thank you. I won't say names because the list is far too long, and I wouldn't want to omit anyone. I found Iwaku in a time of my life where I really needed to, and the community has had a huge impact on the direction I've taken from there.

Let's not say goodbye.

- Ozzie

Hey there, Ozzie. :)

I'm extremely sorry to hear about the agonies and heartbreak you've had to suffer over the last year and my deepest condolences for your father. Cancer's a shit thing and I can relate. Things will be hard for a long while, but I'm confident they'll pick up again soon. Keep your chin up and keep smiling, and I wish you the best of luck with your life, your romantic pursuits and your new job.

I'm dissapointed we never really had the opportunity to talk more, even though we never really spoke to one another I can say you're one hell of an interesting guy and you've got my admiration and support. I mean heck, that Vixx avatar is sweet as fuck, man. ;D

Take care of yourself Ozzie, and best of luck to you!

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
May the winds be ever at your back and always in your sails, Ozzie! We will miss you dearly!

I'm sorry to hear about all the crazy things that have been happening. I've known, for a while, that you've had a lot of stuff going on but never knew the extent of it until now.

Wishing you nothing but the best, Oz. <3

Don't forget to come back and visit!

• Thank You
OH MY GOD.

-pretends like she hasn't been talking to you every week and plotting roleplays-

Remember you've always got a friend in me, Ozzie. I've missed you and will continue to do so. <3 You and your family will be in my thoughts.

• Thank You
NOW WHO AM I GONNA TEMPT WITH RP IDEAS AND CACKLE MANICALLY ABOUT IT WITH?

We never really had the chance to know each other, but as someone who moved across the country and also just lost my uncle to stage 4 cancer, I know exactly what you're going through. Be strong and know that you have some good people here looking out for you!

• Thank You
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. You have my deepest sympathies and condolences.

I wish we could've been more in contact these past few months. I wish we could be more friends than just, "Oh, yeah, Ozzie! I know him!" You're the only person I know that lights up with Star Wars news like I do. ;_;

Don't be a stranger on Skype, alright? We can still be frans!

Goodluck with everything coming to you. And I wish you condolences on everything you've had to go through.

<3

• Thank You
Fond memories of the Renaissance Fair. It was good to have a friend that day.

Enjoy the journey.

• Thank You
We're gonna miss your face :(

I didn't get to know you very well, but I've always loved reading your posts; I really hope you continue to write, you have a knack for it.

My sincere condolences about your father; I have no advice and I can't begin to understand what you're going through, but I hope you are able to get through this pain and continue to live an amazing, inspiring life :-3

• Thank You
Poke me on Skype once in a while, y'hear? <3

• Thank You
Hey.

I don't know you at all.

And I have no opinions on you leaving.

This is my post.

WE WILL MISS YOU!

...unless you come back every now and then. Then it'll be like:
"Heee'eey!"

Take care.

• Thank You
I will probably bother you on Skype every now and then. You are important, hun.

• Thank You
See you around, big bro.

• Thank You
Don't take no guff from anyone.

• Thank You
*big hug*

You will be sorely missed, Ozzie.
And don't forget, if you ever need a shoulder, you've got my Skype.

• Thank You
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father and the rough year you've had, Ozzie. All of your buddies over at the murder game group were worried about ya so it's good to hear something. I just thought I'd say it's been a pleasure roleplaying with you and our group enjoyed having you. Take care and hope to see you around! ^_^

• Thank You
Aww, Ozzie.. I'm sosososo sorry to hear that! D: I didn't have much time to get to know you, but from the time I did it was easy to tell you're a great person. And, needless to say, I enjoyed knowing you and rping with you!

I'm sad to see you go, but I know you need to do what you need to do. So its all I can do to offer you the best of wishes and some virtual hugs, and let you know we're all here for you! If you ever want to talk, shoot me a PM.

*Cuddles.* Good luck, Ozzie! We'll miss you!

• Thank You
Your Awesomeness will be missed.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.