So if you could have Any Job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, forgot fighter pilot and mounted police. That would be hella cool.

Also, prop master and/or special effects, like the Mill or Weta Workshop.

Personally Author, video game tester, and the one I am actually working on which is a Child Psychologist.

I just remembered another that I would absolutely love. Being a makeup guru on Youtube. Or even a makeup artist in general. Whoot.

It would be great if I were able to stick to a focused narrative, or write endings. But no, I have a tendency to think up characters and worlds that I love only to want to explore as many aspects of the characters' lives as possible and think up all sorts of situations to put them in without really knowing how to stitch all that together into one story with a real plot and end-goal.

I guess that's why I'm a roleplayer, instead.

• Useful
Reactions: Holmishire
For the longest time, I've wanted to be a pediatric nurse. However, after thinking about it, I am now planning to pursue the lifestyle of a writer, fiction more specifically.

I'd want to be able to support myself off my drawings and paintings.

I guess being a concept artist for videogames without the extreme deadlines and the low pays they are rumoured to have would be great.

Also, a make up artist, capable of doing special effects and all that.

Published author, and make enough money for my husband and I to have a home and afford food, water, ammenities, etc. I'm already writing, just need to get some money for it.

I know it sounds weird.
But I want to be a gaffer in big time Hollywood movies. That would be such a cool job to have right there.

Right where I'm going right now. Warehouse labourer: Nobody bothers you, I drive a forklift, it can be day or night shift, I get full medical, and there's literally zero threat of anyone trying to steal that job. Atop that it's pretty decent pay for a no-education job.

I suppose that or being a writer. Still not entirely sure I want to throw my weight behind publishing a book though... :ferret:

EDIT

Also, I admit not being sure why people want to be therapists here. Consider that the majority of your work goes unthanked, that you'll more often than not watch patients ignore your advice then blame it on you, that it's a high stress job especially on your emotions, and it requires you to learn how to emotionally disconnect yourself from your patients. Ask @Razilin he's a doctor, he knows what I'm talking about there. It's measurable worse on therapists because you specifically deal with emotions while emotionally disconnecting yourself.

Otherwise your job will quite literally drive you to early suicide or mental breakdown.

Therapy doesn't help you. It arms you with the tools to help yourself, and most often, people won't. It's rather quite sad.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana and Lawkheart
Therapy is for scrubs.

I always wanted to have a job in making games/shows in one way or another.

I've often thought it would be fun to be the people inside monster suits, making those creatures come alive. Even just making the costumes or the props could be a pretty cool job. Or the digital stuff with cgi looks like it would be fun to play with. But always involving critters/monsters.

Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic. I'm already FA/CPR/AED (adult and pediatric) certified, and I'm starting classes locally this year, to eventually take the EMT-Basic course. After getting my feet underneath me and stable finances, I plan to move to San Francisco (which is one of the highest paying cities in the U.S. for EMTs) and continue my education to obtain certification as an EMT-Paramedic.

I've shuffled through a lot of dream jobs over my life, ranging from astronomer to psychiatrist to author, but this is what I've surefire decided on. I still plan to write as much as I can after I'm settled, but whether or not I'll actually publish anything is up in the air. I'd like to write a series on a cyberpunk world I'm creating that a lot of detail has gone into so far, but EMT is a demanding job and I don't know if that will happen. Either way, my primary goal is to help make sure people can get the emergency care they need, because life and health is everyone's first basic human right. I'd love to be a medical researcher as well, but I prefer EMT for the ability to take a more active and personal role in saving lives. Additionally, I don't think I would make a very good researcher, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.