SO I just got Guild Wars 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

I will admit, I pretty much impulse bought it because it was super cheap. I am not that big in mmo's (never played WoW actually...) but it seemed like a fun game! I'd love to know who on iwaku plays and what they think about the game! <3

I do! And it's a great game. They just announced an expansion for it, as well.

I stopped playing it over a year ago.
Not by choice, but because buying it online I lost some purchase code it's now demanding combined with some customer service issues.

But when I last played it?
I was pretty decent, they simplify a number of things from other MMO's which I have mixed opinions on.
But they also fixed the majority of glaring issues that other MMO's had, which more than makes up for it.

Right now, I'd say GW2 is pretty good. Decent endgame (Making a Legendary weapon is a commitment in itself), living story is good (but they make you buy the episodes you miss...) and the holiday events are a blast, Halloween and Christmas are bunches of fun.

The expansion, Heart of Thorns, is gonna make the post-lvl 80 game about 10x better, new profession, AND GUILD HALLS AAAAHHHHHHH

but yeah. Out of all paid MMOs, I think its one of the better ones.

I play it too! :D I can't wait for Heart of Thorns!

I mostly play over the summer, and usually I'll hop on for some of the holiday events. It's a great game, and I think it'd be really cool if a bunch of people from Iwaku all got together and played!

Status
Not open for further replies.