So here's a question, guys.

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by HeliumJack, May 27, 2012.

1. As I ventured my way back into seeking roleplays and roleplay partners, one of the obvious things I need is a character. So, I kick my brain into gear, trying to use what seems like my stunted creativity to create a believable character.

Alright. Got a name. Now I've got a goal. What weapon do they use? Okay, got that. What are their skills?

Hm.

Suddenly, my character seems unbelievable cliche, so I trash it.
    Start over.

Seems okay for a bit, until I look them over again. Still, they seem too cliche. Every character that occurs to me seems too cliche, too run-of-the-mill. And I'm not sure how to get over it.

Does anyone else have this problem at all? Or am I the only one?

2. Don't worry about being cliche, especially at the -start- of a roleplay. XD It's usually the experience and the plot and situations that you put the character through that makes a character start to develop!

I personally LOVE starting off with cliches and finding ways to make them interesting or give new spins. 8D

3. Doxa, thank you for that link! I haven't been able to find a link to the academy.

Diana, if I could cling to your leg all day and just listen/read things you said, I probably would. D: I just want you to know that in a day of lurking I already admire you.

4. Um, thank you, I think! O____O

.....just ignore everything I saw in the Insanity forum >>;;; Not admirable at all.