So for those planning on getting the new Fire Emblem game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that's the case.
I liked the idea of it, but it's mechanic execution was just... bleh.
It's the main reason I haven't gotten around to beating awakening yet.

On another note, I can't believe I didn't see this one little (read: large) detail in the trailer before.

Most of the enemies you see are paired up. Dual battles would be really cool--like, you attack the primary enemy and your partner has a round with the second enemy. Hopefully that will up the difficulty--Awakening was too easy.

Didn't they already have a pairing system in awakening though?

Only for the player. Enemies didn't use it, and since it's pretty overpowered it contributed a lot to how easy Awakening was.

Only for the player. Enemies didn't use it, and since it's pretty overpowered it contributed a lot to how easy Awakening was.
Oh right... :/
That's a good thing for them to add in then.

That whole balance issue is what makes me want to play with the house rule of "No pairings allowed".
The issue is that the Lord class is so focused on it, and the child system is so reliant on the support points gained from it.

Well then, now I can't wait for my lunatic+ playthrough where paired up enemies have 70%-90% chance guard (or whatever it was called for your partner to jump in to take the attack) activation.

Hoshido for play through one, and Nohr second play though. Bam.

Status
Not open for further replies.