So Close, Yet So Far...*Serpentine and york*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy felt an eraser hit his head and he turned, glaring around the room. "Who did that?!" he shouted, causing everybody in the room to turn their eyes on him. When nobody answered, the boy moved from Alvie, picking up the eraser from the ground. "Whoever threw this eraser at my head is gonna have a miserable life when I'm through with them!" he continued to shout, causing Alvie to snap her eyes open, scared from the sudden yelling. She covered her ears with her hands, eyes wide, until the realization kicked in. She saw the teacher stand up and direct the boy out of the classroom, his shouting still heard from outside. Alvie sat up, the hair on the side of her head slightly messy from sleep, red marks on her face from where she laid on her arm. "What happened?" she asked, looking over at Dante with wide tired eyes.

@york

Dante smiled a little to himself, but didn't move or say anything listening to the boy rant and rave for a while before he was ushered out of the room by the teacher, it seemed he wasn't nearly the brightest in the class to say the least. Hearing Alvie ask what happened, he turned around and talked quietly making sure not to speak too loudly "That boys prank backfired on him." he whispered. If it wasn't for the fact that there were other students probably listening in to see who was the one who threw that eraser at that boy, he'd tell Alvie the full details later.

Alvie furrowed her brow in confusion at first, but she just nodded and smiled. She stretched her arms over her head and stretched her whole body. She hadn't slept for very long, but that was the most relaxed she had been all day. The boy and teacher were still arguing outside until the sounds of footsteps made it clear that they were headed to the office. Alvie turned back to her notes and looked at them, noticing that she had done enough for studying. Turning back to Dante, she smiled just as the bell rang releasing class. Alvie was glad to get out of History, so she grabbed her backpack and papers, waiting for Dante. "What class do you have next?" she asked, somewhat hopeful that they might have the same class together.

@york

Looking at Alvie, Dante noted that she seemed more relaxed than she was before despite her brief nap, unfortunately his attempt to keep her from being woken up was in vain, however hearing the boy and their teacher argueing inside, eventually stepping away from the door presumably to the office made Dante glad that he had at least intervened with what he had been intending to do. As Alvie turned back to him, she was smiling, but then the bell rang signalling this class was over, he packed up the little belongings he had again as quickly as he could catching up to Alvie who was almost to the door, she asked him what class he had next "Chemisty... I think we might have that class together as well." he said, frowning as he tried to remember... He hadn't payed attention to who was in his own classes for the most part until now.

Alvie furrowed her brow slightly as she remembered. "Chemistry? Oh..." she felt her face fall slightly. "I have Math next." she said, more than a little disappointed. Then, she lit up and smiled, turning to Dante. "Do you have lunch after Chemistry?" she asked, hopeful. If he did, then they would be able to see each other again at lunch. Alvie didn't know why she was so excited about the whole thing, but she was. Was it because she had made a new friend? Alvie couldn't put her finger on it, but she knew there was some other reason why. She was just glad to be around him.

@york

Dante looked quite sad himself upon hearing that he wasn't in the same class as Alvie this time around, it was unfortunate really, he had anjoyed being in her company, especially now that he pretty much had no-one else to hang around with in the school anymore. However when she mentioned when lunch was for him, he smiled a little "Yeah.. I have it after Chemistry, I guess we should meet up when lunch comes around." he said, it seemed Alvie was just as excited as he was about meeting again. "Try to take care until then... Alright? This period shouldn't be too long." He added, trying to lighten the mood a little, he too wasn't too happy about departing right now, he always felt so calm and... Happy around her, but he knew their teachers wouldn't take well to them being late.

Alvie's smile brightened when she heard he had the same lunch as her. "That's great!" she said, auburn eyes sparkling. She looked up at the clock and noticed she had to go to the other side of the building for class. Deciding to go out on a limb, Alvie gave Dante a quick hug before walking away, waving to him as she jogged down the hall. Turning her attention back ahead of her, Alvie felt a slight blush rise to her cheeks but smiled as she made a turn down the hallway. She made it to the other side of the school and entered the classroom with enough time to spare. Alvie moved to the back of the room to her seat and sat down, sighing as she dropped her backpack. More people started filling the classroom and her eyes widened in slight fear. Antonio walked into the classroom, punching one of his friends in the arm as they laughed. Lifting up her backpack, Alvie put it on her desk and hid her head behind it, praying that Antonio and his flunkies wouldn't notice her. 'Please, just let this class period go by without trouble!' she pleaded inside her head, sneaking glances every once in a while at Antonio to make sure he hadn't noticed her.

@york

The hug was unexpected and quick, it left Dante with a warm feeling though, he smiled a little and waved back to Alvie, he felt himself blushing a little at what had just happened, but it wasn't such a bad thing either, at least not in his point of view. As she turned down the hallway and disappeared out of his sight, Dante turned away a little regretfully starting on his way to chemistry; messing around with chemicals was fun, however he wasn't too thrilled about it right now since he was worrying for Alvie again, he had a feeling Antonio might be antagonizing her again. As he finally reached his class early, he went over to one of the desks which were always in front of the chemicals in the back; they were always laying there whenever they needed to use them for experiments. He sighed a little as he plopped down in the chair on his desk, waiting for their teacher to arrive, he wasn't feeling too happy right now knowing how awkward this class could go since he'd have to partner up with someone if they did any experiments, and he wasn't too enthusiastic about doing classwork either, he started to daydream about it being lunch already.

Alvie sighed in relief as class finally started. The math teacher walked in and said hello to the class before jumping right into the assignment. Alvie fidgeted in her seat, and paid attention to the first half of class. Then, something caught her attention. "Alright class, today we're going to be in groups of four. I'll pick the partners, so no griping." he said, counting people off. Alvie got the number 2D and looked around. She saw as Antonio lifted his card: 3D. Alvie's heart thumped in slight fear, but she held her ground, standing up and heading to the group area. There, Alvie, Antonio, one of his friends, and an unknown girl sat down and were silent. Antonio turned his eyes to Alvie and smirked, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Alvie, sweetheart, long time no see!" he said. Although he was putting up a friendly act, something behind his eyes looked deadly. Instead of shrinking back, Alvie sighed and started writing down answers. "I'd rather it 'no see' if you ask me." she retorted, answering the questions quickly. She took a chance and glanced up, seeing Antonio's expressionless face. To be honest, it scared her more than when he was angry. In a flash, Antonio launched forward and brought his hand on top of her head, making Alvie's ears ring. She dropped her head to the table and held it, clenching her eyes shut. As she sat there, she felt like everything was tilting around her, and Alvie wondered if the hit had actually rattled her brain. "That was for the missed beating earlier." Antonio said coldly. Of course, nobody said anything about Antonio's behavior.

@york

Class hasn't started yet despite the other students flowing in and sitting down too... This was really odd, especially for Dantes chemistry teacher who was usually in early, but sooner or later, she came in and said hello to the class starting to tell them about their lesson today; it was just more class work, more like a review. Since he had memorized all he needed to, Dante was starting to worry about Alvie again, he really hoped she would be alright, but he had a bad feeling about what may be happening to her, he really needed to check up on her, but how? Looking at the clock, there was still half an hour left until lunch break, it should give him enough time to both check on Alvie and still be present when the class was over, he raised a hand suddenly and when the teacher asked him if he had a question. "I just need to use the bathroom..." He said awkwardly, the teacher nodded, telling him to be back soon, Dante just nodded in return and headed out the door, he was walking faster and faster now as he tried to remember where Alvie had gone, he retraced his steps down that hall until he got to that turn, and upon turning the same direction Alvie did, there were 3 doors. Looking through the small window of each of them, his eyes finally fell upon the one which Alvie was behind; his suspicions had been correct... Antonio was indeed up to no good in there, but he wasn't too sure what to do just yet.

"I bet you like getting hit, don't ya? Makes you think you can get attention from others, huh?" Antonio taunted, watching as Alvie lifted her head slowly. She shook her head slowly and returned to her work. Antonio leaned forward once more and hit her head again. "I asked you something, and you're just gonna shake your head?" he asked, looking into Alvie's eyes. Alvie clenched one eye shut in pain as she sucked air in through her teeth. "Antonio, stop." she said, flinching as he raised his hand again. Something flashed behind Antonio's eyes and he looked like he was about to go off. "What did you say to me?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. Alvie gulped and felt her hands start to shake. "I-I said to stop." she stuttered, watching as Antonio was literally shaking with anger. Alvie had a feeling that she was treading on dangerous ground, so she gulped, eyes wide. She had never seen Antonio so angry before. "Oh, and what did you do to one of my friends? Dante? You brainwashed him didn't you? You little freak!" he seethed, his words like acid. Alvie shook her head and opened her mouth to say something, but Antonio was already moving around the table before she could say anything. All Alvie could do was watch in horror as Antonio brought his hand up and whacked her head again. She yelped and hid her head with her arms. Quickly, Alvie raised her hand and caught the teacher's attention immediately. He walked over and examined the group. "S-Sir, I'm finished, can I go back to my seat now?" she asked, voice shaking. The teacher nodded and Alvie stood up quickly, getting as far away from Antonio that was possible. Now, all he could do was give her death stares.

@york

Dante couldn't stand watching Alvie get hurt by Antonio like this anymore, and despite it being the teachers job, he didn't seem to be doing anything to intervene, this was really starting to frustrate him. That feeling of anger he felt before was starting to boil inside him like a flame that refused to die. With a look of pure anger on his face, he suddenly opened the classroom door not even aware of his own surroundings anymore as andrenaline began to surge throughout his body; his main focus was Antonio right now, and as he started to draw closer to him, he stood, blocking his path to Alvie.

Alvie gasped hen she saw Dante, her eyes widening. She looked over and Antonio's face scrunched up in anger. "What do you think you're doing? Trying to be a hero and save the day?" he scoffed and stood up, making his way to stand in front of Dante, eyes narrowed as he leaned close into his face, like he was trying to read his thoughts. Alvie made a sound behind Dante and she immediately felt scared. Not for herself, but for Dante. "Antonio, please don't." she pleaded, watching as Antonio made eye contact with her. He smirked and whipped his blonde hair out of his face before glaring at Alvie. "You want to get hit again? I've never known a girl who was a glutton for punishment." he said, smirk growing as he looked up and down Alvie. Alvie looked over at Dante as she saw the anger on his face. She had never seen him mad like that before. Antonio walked forward and placed a hand on Dante's shoulder, giving it a squeeze. "Why waste your time on a dull-witted being like that when you can come back to us. To people who really matter. We need you back, Dante. She's a nobody and always will be. With us, you can actually be accepted. You can be somebody." Antonio said, looking at Dante. Alvie gasped and felt her eyes fill with tears. There Antonio was, trying to take the only person that actually cared a little bit about Alvie. He was offering Dante something that Alvie could never give him. A group of friends who would accept him for who he was. Even though she accepted him, she knew she wouldn't probably stand a chance against the promise of more than one friend.

@york

"You don't get it do you..." Dante practically spat, the anger was still there, and even that supposedly freandly look Antonio gave him just served to irritate him even more than he was already "Why should I join you gang? I've always been a nobody, even with you so called "friends"... Ever second I spend with you was utter torture, but I couldn't see that... Until now." he wrenched himself violently out of Antionios grasp. "What will you do now? Dislocate my arm again?" He continued his voice growing louder than it usually did, but not to the point where he was yelling. "Go ahead, hurt me some more... You're only giving me more reasons to sue you after all... What will your parents think of that?" Dante said defiantly, he wasn't sure where his own words were coming from, but by now he didn't care, he'd had just about enough of all of this... The feeling he felt right now was anger like nothing he'd seen before, it was like when he felt angry but didn't do anything for fear of losing his "friends", but 10 times stronger, because now, he wasn't about to let himself lose his only true friend he'd ever made.

Alvie gasped, bringing her hands up to her face. She was shocked and amazed that Dante could be brave enough to stand up to Antonio. Antonio, on the other hand, brought his hand back after it was shrugged off and fixed his jacket. His face held a type of deadly anger that was always in Alvie's nightmares. "Sue me?! You gotta be kidding. You think I care about some money? Go ahead and try, smart one, and we'll see who has the last laugh." as Antonio finished his threat, the bell rang, startling Alvie. She watched as the other students got up, starting to leave. Antonio turned his gaze to Alvie and walked past Dante, pressing his hand to her cheek. "And you? Well, your nightmares have just begun." he said softly, a smile widening on his face before he turned on his heel and walked out of the door. Alvie stood there in a moment of shock, her body reacting to what had just happened. In all honesty, the whole situation scared Alvie more than ever.

@york

Dante was starting to calm down now that Antonio was gone, however his intention of sueing him if he kept up his little masquarade was still there... Antonio had missed his entire point, it wasn't that money would matter to him, but rather to his parents, after all; adults had a tendency to take large financial losses more seriously. Now that he was no longer as angry he turned to Alvie "A-are you alright?" he asked seeming like his normal self again. Realizing how scared Alvie seemed to be, he slowly approached her putting a hand on her shoulder since he was probably being watched by others in her class right now. "Don't worry about him, I think I ought to drop by the office sometime... We've got more than enough proof to file a lawsuit." He added quietly, making sure that the other people in the class couldn't hear him as he talked.

Alvie jumped as Dante put a hand on her shoulder, snapping her eyes to his. She slowly nodded and took in a deep breath before letting it out slowly. "I-I guess we should head to lunch now." she said, grabbing Dante's arm and walking out of the classroom. When she exited the classroom, Alvie let go of Dante's arm, feeling like even more weight was added to her shoulders. She continued taking deep breaths, but her willpower to not cry seemed to crumble every second that passed by. She shook her head, knowing it probably wasn't healthy to just shut away feelings, but she didn't want Dante to think that she was a crybaby. She wanted to show others that she was strong, despite what anybody threw at her. "S-So, how did you know something was wrong?" she asked, her throat tightening slightly as tears formed in the corners of her eyes. She asked the question to think about something other than not crying. The more she tried, it seemed, the more she wanted to break down and bawl her eyes out.

@york

Realizing it was just about lunc-time, Dante nodded blushing a bit as she grabbed his arm, as they exited the classroom though, he felt Alvie let go of his arm, she seemed a little troubled and was taking deep breaths... She looked like she was about to cry, but instead, she looked towards him again asking how he knew something was wrong "I guess I just couldn't stop thinking about how Antonio, or some other jerk was treating you..." he said quietly, moving closer to her. Dante spotted that storage room Alvie had hid in earlier, quickly opening the door and pulled her inside "It's okay to cry... I don't mind..." he said, he had brought her here so other people wouldn't see them together like this. Something told him news like that wouldn't be kept a secret for very long, and once the secret was out, there was no telling what would happen.

Alvie listened to Dante as he told her why he stopped Antonio. "Oh." was all she said, her mind on other things. She snapped out of those thoughts when she felt Dante pull her into a storage room...a familiar storage room. The one she had hid in earlier. As soon as the door closed behind Dante, she turned and looked at him. She felt a sudden sense of relief when he told her she could cry. That was all she wanted to hear. She wanted someone to tell her that it was okay to cry. That she wouldn't be judged by doing it. Something inside Alvie seemed to crack a little, and she felt the rush of emotions come all at once. She slowly lowered herself so that she was sitting on her knees and put her face in her hands. There, she sobbed and wept, feeling the tears find their way between her fingers and dropping to the ground. She had never cried so much before. Alvie's body shook every second that she cried, her head throbbing, not from pain, but from the blood pounding in her head. Alvie tried to stop and at least say something to Dante, but another wave of sobs came over her.

@york

Dante hugged Alvie, wrapping his arms around her to comfort her... He was a little less nervous than he was last time when he did this but he wasn't sure what else to do. However it comforted him somehow that Alvie was able to cry like this without the fear of being judged, it was something he himself had wanted to do so many times, but he couldn't. Soon enough, tears were flowing down his face too, but they were tears of happiness rather than sadness, after all this was the first time he himself could freely shed tears without any problems. "Don't worry... I think we're going to be alright now." He said with a smile, trying to comfort her the best that he could despite the fact that his voice was cracking a little, it was odd for him to feel calm in the company of someone, even if it was a friend... Then again, Alvie is his first true friend, one that didn't judge him or try to make him do things he didn't want to, in fact; she had stood up for him which he returned the favor for as much as he could. Little did Alvie know it, but she was his role model, his reason to be able to seperate himself from Atonios little clique.

Status
Not open for further replies.