So Close, Yet So Far...(Male Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@york Haha I was about to say "Is it really that easy??" XD No, there's always some type of labor involved, especially if you do something you really enjoy. I should know...even if it isn't physical work, creating ideas for fiction stories and trying to make it come together is mentally taxing sometimes T_T but, I still enjoy it ^-^

@york Haha I was about to say "Is it really that easy??" XD No, there's always some type of labor involved, especially if you do something you really enjoy. I should know...even if it isn't physical work, creating ideas for fiction stories and trying to make it come together is mentally taxing sometimes T_T but, I still enjoy it ^-^
XD I'm trying to learn how to develop video games (and coming up ideas is just one step) but I guess I understand how you're feeling o.o learning/doing some of these things are quite mentally taxing and stressfull, but still can be enjoyable sometimes o-o

@york Ooh video games? Sounds fun! :D I always thought about the idea of creating a video game like the Legend of Zelda series, since I love it so much (Twilight Princess FTW). Just the idea seems so cool! But then, it could be hard finding an idea for a game that isn't like another game.

@york Ooh video games? Sounds fun! :D I always thought about the idea of creating a video game like the Legend of Zelda series, since I love it so much (Twilight Princess FTW). Just the idea seems so cool! But then, it could be hard finding an idea for a game that isn't like another game.
XD Programming is a pain in the butt though (so is drawing for me... I suck at it >.< well, in general making sprites and stuff right now) XS and yeah, ideas are another thing, most ideas aren't completely original, but original enough to escape copyright probably :P

@york Yeah that's the sad thing about some games these days. There's no creativity and others are going off of different people's ideas. *sigh* If I were told to make a story line for a video game, from beginning to end, it would take me a while, but I think I could do it. Of course, I would need to talk through it with all of the programmers and the rest of the crew to make the video game, but the thought process is important. (By the way, I suck at drawing too, you're not alone XD)

@york Yeah that's the sad thing about some games these days. There's no creativity and others are going off of different people's ideas. *sigh* If I were told to make a story line for a video game, from beginning to end, it would take me a while, but I think I could do it. Of course, I would need to talk through it with all of the programmers and the rest of the crew to make the video game, but the thought process is important. (By the way, I suck at drawing too, you're not alone XD)
XD I have a game concept down, well, 2 or maybe 3 but programming it and making it a reality is a different thing entirely >.< but I guess with some luck I can manage it since the games are supposed to be free... I'll be making money off of working for other companies to develop their own games :S (and yeah, from what I know most companies prefer to take the safe route and make games that are more or less guaranteed to sell which means making sequels to games over and over while more courageous ones go out of their way to try new ideas that may risk turning out to be utter failures XS)

@york Wow, that's pretty well thought out *0* It seems you know what to do for a career x3 But that's a good thing. I, on the other hand, am conflicted. I want to be a writer, but I also love theater. So much struggle T_T...

• Love
Reactions: York
@york Wow, that's pretty well thought out *0* It seems you know what to do for a career x3 But that's a good thing. I, on the other hand, am conflicted. I want to be a writer, but I also love theater. So much struggle T_T...
Hmm, actually, you can always take the middleground approach which is to write theater scrips (and maybe novels too if you want?) o.o not sure though :S

@york I was thinking about that too. I think I'll stick to writing fiction books, mainly because scripts are difficult, if you think about it. Thanks for the help XD I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it, I guess ^-^ By the way, random question, do you know oldies music? 0_0 *cough* Journey, Aerosmith, Kansas, Chicago, Queen, The Cranberries, Pat Benatar *cough* >.> <.<

@york I was thinking about that too. I think I'll stick to writing fiction books, mainly because scripts are difficult, if you think about it. Thanks for the help XD I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it, I guess ^-^ By the way, random question, do you know oldies music? 0_0 *cough* Journey, Aerosmith, Kansas, Chicago, Queen, The Cranberries, Pat Benatar *cough* >.> <.<
I know the cranberries a little o.o but I've seriously been late to the music club (which makes me kinda sad and feel bad XD but oh well) I don't know any others really >.< or many artists :S

@york It's okay, a lot of people don't really know a lot of the bands I listen to. I practically grew up listening to the music my mom and dad used to listen to. My dad listens to sappy love songs (*cough* the hopeless romantic *cough*... I'm also one myself XD I guess I get it from him) and my mom listens to the rock type music like Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper and bands like that ^-^ So now, I listen to those songs in my room, blasting my speakers (not literally >.>) and singing along XD

@york It's okay, a lot of people don't really know a lot of the bands I listen to. I practically grew up listening to the music my mom and dad used to listen to. My dad listens to sappy love songs (*cough* the hopeless romantic *cough*... I'm also one myself XD I guess I get it from him) and my mom listens to the rock type music like Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper and bands like that ^-^ So now, I listen to those songs in my room, blasting my speakers (not literally >.>) and singing along XD
XD I just don't know many bands people listen to in general so there's that o.o as for me well... Just an awkward guy (you can thank my dad for that trait) who's more open on the internet and shtuff :P

@york I see XD But it's even bad when some of my friends don't even know the bands I listen to. But, it's fun to show them my taste in music and vice versa. I'm also online a lot too, but it's kind of hard to talk to some people online if they seem like they don't have any interest getting to know you T_T I used to go on this website called Quotev a lot, but nobody really talked to me. Except for one girl who talked about her favorite Bon Jovi songs with me, then that was it. Oh well, at least there's social people here :D

@york I see XD But it's even bad when some of my friends don't even know the bands I listen to. But, it's fun to show them my taste in music and vice versa. I'm also online a lot too, but it's kind of hard to talk to some people online if they seem like they don't have any interest getting to know you T_T I used to go on this website called Quotev a lot, but nobody really talked to me. Except for one girl who talked about her favorite Bon Jovi songs with me, then that was it. Oh well, at least there's social people here :D
XD I guess there's that o-o sometimes websites are like that at first tbh :P I just kinda joined roleplays and shtuff and eventually got to know the community in a way o.o

@york Yeah, I've roleplayed before I came here, but this is definitely better! I was curious so I searched roleplaying websites in Google, finding Iwaku. So glad I did, too! *0*

@york Yeah, I've roleplayed before I came here, but this is definitely better! I was curious so I searched roleplaying websites in Google, finding Iwaku. So glad I did, too! *0*
XD Same actually :P I was seriously bored that day and I guess I'm really glad I found a place like this myself :3

@york Actually, believe it or not, I first started roleplaying on this website called Horseland. It's not a roleplaying website, but people would go to the world and roleplay anyway. It was pretty fun, but I ended up spending all of my time on it. So, I decided to quit, leaving the website to spend more time with my family. Roleplaying's pretty cool though, and that's honestly where I was introduced to it XD

@york Actually, believe it or not, I first started roleplaying on this website called Horseland. It's not a roleplaying website, but people would go to the world and roleplay anyway. It was pretty fun, but I ended up spending all of my time on it. So, I decided to quit, leaving the website to spend more time with my family. Roleplaying's pretty cool though, and that's honestly where I was introduced to it XD
XD I have a strange history with roleplaying, at first it was just a sort of online game thing I did without realizing I was roleplaying, but then I sort of caught onto forum roleplaying and... Well... Got kind of attached to it o-o

@york Oh that's cool XD The website I was on, there were so many people that were into roleplaying. I was even in a group called Tsuyoi Gang...yeah. They also had wild horse roleplaying groups and things like that. It was pretty fun at the time XD.

@york Oh that's cool XD The website I was on, there were so many people that were into roleplaying. I was even in a group called Tsuyoi Gang...yeah. They also had wild horse roleplaying groups and things like that. It was pretty fun at the time XD.
This website's the first one that properly introduced me to roleplaying groups and all that o.o it's kinda strange but true

Status
Not open for further replies.