So artists of Iwaku

M

Mid

What kind of medium do you use for your art?

How long have you been practicing?

Who do you look up too for inspiration?

Is it a hobby or a career path you're going for?

For those who don't do art but want too, what's stopping you?

Hm.. I typically use pencils(sometimes regular, or a variety of different HB pencils). I've been drawing my whole life, but I only started really trying my ability for about three years. I don't really have a specific inspiration, per se. And I'm definitely only a hobbyist. XD

graphite and charcoal.

Been drawing for a few years, but I'm not great. I'm hobbyist, for sure, but I've considered going into animation. Making cartoons would be a blast.

I use markers for pointillism. An example for those who don't know what that is.
wrath_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-d46t9ei.jpg

I don't know how long I have been practicing, I just know I am not that good yet.
There is no one I really look up to but there are a few artists I simply adore. They are absolutely brilliant.
It is just a hobby.

I use markers for pointillism. An example for those who don't know what that is.
wrath_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-d46t9ei.jpg

I don't know how long I have been practicing, I just know I am not that good yet.
There is no one I really look up to but there are a few artists I simply adore. They are absolutely brilliant.
It is just a hobby.

I did some of that in high school and college, simply loved it. You did a great job here! Especially drawing a wolf as animals are hard omo /impressed

I did some of that in high school and college, simply loved it. You did a great job here! Especially drawing a wolf as animals are hard omo /impressed
It is quite fun to do. Not to mention relaxing since it does not take much thought.
Thank you ^^' I used a reference. Things turn out strange otherwise.

It is quite fun to do. Not to mention relaxing since it does not take much thought.
Thank you ^^' I used a reference. Things turn out strange otherwise.

Most artists use references, it helps us all develope our skills so kudos to you and keep going!

I usually use pencils and colored markers on paper, unless I'm doing an animation. I've been drawing for a while, but I can't really pinpoint when I started. For inspiration, I used to look up to Akira Toriyama (when I first started) but these days, I look more at westerners like Quentin Blake, Sempé etc. with the exception of the artist of the Tokyo Ghoul manga.

• Love
Reactions: Mid
Pencils, color pencils, colored markers, graphite, and charcoal.

Since I was the age of nine.

None really. I just want to improve on my skills and try to get a job with those skills.

Career path.

• Love
Pencil or Wacom tablet

Never been practicing but I've drawn basically since grade 1

Can be anyone, but especially artist who take time and hard work on their art.

Hobby for sure.

For those who don't do art but want too, what's stopping you?
My confidence (I tend to stop drawing here and then)

• Love
Hi there!

I'm a hobby-artist person. I use mainly watercolors, they aren't my friends but I am trying anyway. Besides watercolor, I use markers and my Wacom art tablet. I used to use color pencils but I have RSI and color pencils kill me after a while.

I think I probably started drawing in fourth grade, my friend drew and I wanted to be like her. So I started drawing too. She also introduced me to the world of roleplaying though it was just playing pretend. Before that I didn't have friends really... I was a very shy child.

My inspirations? Goodness me, that's a list! My top inspirations currently are watercolorists like Stephanie Pui-Mun Law and tir-ri. I also love James Gurney and J.C. Leyendecker.

I don't draw as much as I wish I did. The pain in my wrist coupled with the brain weasels and my inability to get things to where I want them makes me give up very quickly, pushing things aside for 'later' and never doing them. I'm trying to get better about that but it's something I have to work on.

• Love
I usually go for pencil, something I'm more comfortable with doing. But I love using other stuff and trying new things.
(Art teacher wants me to anyways)

I'm not sure how long I've been drawing. I know when I was in second grade I started making little kiddie books and I mainly just like the drawings, even though I sucked.
I remember how I used to draw people like it was just yesterday xD

I use to look up to my dad. He is really good at drawing, and I've always been interested in it. I don't think I look up to him for inspiration anymore though.
Haven't seen his drawings recently, if he has been drawing at all. He started doing more digital art.
I think there's a possibility I got better than him anyways. If not, at least just as good.

It's a hobby. I have thought about being an artist, but too many people telling me "you won't make a lot of money".
But I'm still thinking about it. As of right now, I might just stick to it being a hobby.

• Love