Snow pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 72 degrees when I picked up my kids from the bus stop. No snow here!

IMG_20150206_150738_650.jpg She loves the snow!

Reactions: Lewi
A couple days ago I saw snow on the side of the road piled almost high enough to obscure a stop sign.

I was tempted for like a split second to take a picture of it, but seeing as how I was walking, and not driving or anything, and the wind was whipping snow in my face and my legs were stinging from the cold (I've noticed that apparently I'm getting really dry skin down there, especially around my ankles, thanks to the weather >.> ), and I was speed-walking along as quickly as possible to scurry out of the chilling winds and I sure as hell didn't want to just stand still out there long enough to expose my hands to the cold long enough to take a picture, I decided I wouldn't bother.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Making links because I'm not entirely certain how big the pictures are... And too lazy to check.

This is what my front yard looks like in an average year. That fence is slightly above waist height.
Usual winter view in the Canadian prairies.
Snow dump. This was from one night. Seriously, there was hardly any when I went to sleep.
Backyard fun.

While I do not mind, and am accustomed to dealing with this amount of snow, I can say that the east coast usually has a worse time of it. My uncle is very happy he has a working tractor.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm enjoying 55 degree weather and no snow. Not to brag or anything.

We just got a "large" (varies from 4-12" in some places) snow and TN has been shutdown for 3 days (counting tomorrow). People laugh at us for not being able to get out of our driveways to go anywhere, but none of us know how to deal with it. A snow shovel is a rare find. The roads don't get salted. We have no idea what we are suppose to do, and if we did, we have no idea how to do it. The most we ever get is usually an inch.

But with that comes the chance for us to actually enjoy the snow. We play out in it and have fun. Because of our ignorance in dealing with it, we make the most of it. I had my first snowball fight the yesterday. I'll deal with being the butt of jokes when it comes to snow because it's such a rare occurrence I'm just going to enjoy myself.

And pictures on in the spoili. :3 Sorry for the terribad quality. My laptop was the only camera. lol
[spoili]
10387214_10203701797210381_8162974140501413983_n.jpg

11006365_10203701797930399_8657994642211486490_n.jpg
[/spoili]

It gets so cold where I live, they don't salt the roads because salt doesn't work past a certain temperature lol.

But I do admit I find it very amusing that Southern communities that don't really get snow get locked down from conditions that you see people here confidently scooting around in their two wheel drive economy cars with bald tires.

IMG_6403.jpg

CAM00092.jpg

I think I'm insane for moving.

From a few weeks ago, the city of Seoul, Korea (photo taken from the Namsan tower)

184451_10151159881486331_1628989111_n.jpg

Generally gets pretty cold here but snow doesn't get too bad.

Seeing all these photos makes me jealous! I miss snow... realizing I took it for granted. This was the last time I took a photo with snow in it.

1610881_10203657220170959_7063424161156581414_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.