Snow pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are finally getting some snow here in the Midwest of a somewhat notable amount, though nowhere near sixteen inches though. Only a few inches though. Right now it's been doing a weird mix of rain and snow and my sloped driveway is a pain in my cars ass.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
EBC034B2-13DD-4380-847A-96CAA43C1B9A.jpg

image.jpg Meanwhile in Romania:( my home country )

image.jpg

This is our sea >.>

image.jpg

Reactions: Lewi
Damn, if only you had posted this topic a few weeks ago. Most of our snow is gone now and it's only ice outside ): Okay, there's still snow, but not it's boring looking. So here's how it looked like during the winter 2013 instead :D

27897_528856143794311_593841537_n.jpg

(Almost) Every year >:[ Snow to the knees. Can barely get outside!
530313_528856260460966_919051882_n.jpg

556824_528856240460968_990088811_n.jpg

This one v is from a completely different day.... I think. There's waaaay too little snow for it to be the same day xD Probably from a few days before the day when ALL the snow decided to arrive the same night and made sure we barely could open the door.
484321_527920133887912_194768621_n.jpg

Oh, and this was Sweden. Just mentioning in case someone missed my Swedishness.

• Love
Meanwhile in Romania:( my home country )

View attachment 59166

This is our sea >.>
Not sure why, but that picture strikes me.

But really though, just once in my life I want to see it snow like four feet. Though I know it'll never happen around here, to temperate of a climate area. Most I've ever seen is about 2' 7", almost a meter. Save for a trip up to Pennsylvania once, never seen that much snow before.

Lord have mercy. I don't know why you'd want to see that kind of snow. I like it and all, but that's the kind of snow you're not going anywhere for weeks.

Lord have mercy. I don't know why you'd want to see that kind of snow. I like it and all, but that's the kind of snow you're not going anywhere for weeks.

Only if you're a sissy. I have to be at work, regardless of what it does outside.

Reactions: Minibit
I would rather be alive than possibly over a hill dead somewhere. We have mountains to worry about toppling over here. I don't know if you do or not, but my prayers go out to you if you do. You're braver than me.

Not sure why, but that picture strikes me.

But really though, just once in my life I want to see it snow like four feet. Though I know it'll never happen around here, to temperate of a climate area. Most I've ever seen is about 2' 7", almost a meter. Save for a trip up to Pennsylvania once, never seen that much snow before.

How come ? In what way exactly ?>.>

I would rather be alive than possibly over a hill dead somewhere. We have mountains to worry about toppling over here. I don't know if you do or not, but my prayers go out to you if you do. You're braver than me.

I don't get to my job, people don't get water. My own personal safety is secondary to providing an essential service for entire communities.

@Lewi it's true. When you live somewhere where knee-high or more snow is a regular occurance, life just kind of has to go on. I live in such circumstances, and when my workplace closed for a snow day last year it was the first snow day I'd ever had. The whole staff was texting each other laughing at it.

Driving and moving around in the snow is just what you gotta do; a big part of how we elect our mayors in this town is based on how well they handle snow removal; if we can't get around, the whole city shuts down.

You basically have to tighten your belt, don your parka, shovel that shit and install winter tires, cause there's really no alternatives. Life goes on.

Besides, when you live like this, it's a source of pride, too. the skills you need to continue getting around when there's snow like that is something you can brag about. "We're Northerners, we can handle it", y'know?

How come ? In what way exactly ?>.>
Something about the sea maybe. I've never seen the ocean, so maybe the impact of it being winter and seeing a seashore during snowfall leaves me wanting to be there in person. I love the idea of the sea but am deeply terrified of such deep waters, not because of the tremendous size and the frigid airs, but the knowing that for miles around civilization means nothing.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
I've never seen snow in person. So all these pictures are mystifying and beautiful to behold.

Well, there was one time we were going to the Grand Canyon and I was half asleep and they said "look snow! Haha now you can say you saw it!"

It was a brown plop in a ditch. :(

@Lewi it's true. When you live somewhere where knee-high or more snow is a regular occurance, life just kind of has to go on. I live in such circumstances, and when my workplace closed for a snow day last year it was the first snow day I'd ever had. The whole staff was texting each other laughing at it.

Driving and moving around in the snow is just what you gotta do; a big part of how we elect our mayors in this town is based on how well they handle snow removal; if we can't get around, the whole city shuts down.

You basically have to tighten your belt, don your parka, shovel that shit and install winter tires, cause there's really no alternatives. Life goes on.

Besides, when you live like this, it's a source of pride, too. the skills you need to continue getting around when there's snow like that is something you can brag about. "We're Northerners, we can handle it", y'know?
We just got a "large" (varies from 4-12" in some places) snow and TN has been shutdown for 3 days (counting tomorrow). People laugh at us for not being able to get out of our driveways to go anywhere, but none of us know how to deal with it. A snow shovel is a rare find. The roads don't get salted. We have no idea what we are suppose to do, and if we did, we have no idea how to do it. The most we ever get is usually an inch.

But with that comes the chance for us to actually enjoy the snow. We play out in it and have fun. Because of our ignorance in dealing with it, we make the most of it. I had my first snowball fight the yesterday. I'll deal with being the butt of jokes when it comes to snow because it's such a rare occurrence I'm just going to enjoy myself.

And pictures on in the spoili. :3 Sorry for the terribad quality. My laptop was the only camera. lol
[spoili]
10387214_10203701797210381_8162974140501413983_n.jpg

11006365_10203701797930399_8657994642211486490_n.jpg
[/spoili]

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.