Snow Go

((Oooh that's good 0-0 It's like the monster is attempting to break her down mentally so she'll think it really is her doing everything))

As Holly jumps up from Tony's shove, he grits his teeth and plants his stance, ready to go for another round. Then Holly's eyes suddenly fade to dark brown. Tony blinks and realizes they'd been glowing before. "Holly? Are you back?" he asks softly.

He slowly makes his way forward at first, stretching out a shaky hand. Then Holly screams. Tony snaps to action and rushes forward, pulling her into his arms. "Holly. Holly, it's okay. I've got you. You're safe now. Where does it hurt?" he murmurs.

~~~

Roslyn's eyes flick back and forth at Oscar's firm tone. Finally, she smiles and nods, helping him through the hallway. "All right. I'm with you. We'll do it together." As the pair rounds the corner, Roslyn pulls in a deep breath and nudges Oscar's shoulder. "Guess Tony's got Holly under control. Let's go see what we can do for the kid over there."

The teen is still struggling to push himself into a sitting position, coughing and trembling with cold. He mumbles something to himself indistinctly, whimpering. His arms shake with effort before he crashes to the floor again and curls up, tears dripping down his face. Then he lays still and pulls in a few raspy breaths.

Holly falls into Tony's embrace still screaming her blonde curls flop gently over his shoulders and she cries out and tears flow rapidly down her cheek her neck pulses from pain "I'm so sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I-" she wraps her arms around him and screams into his chest.

Oscar nods at Roslyn's suggestion he walks over still holding her hand. He notices the boy's struggle to breath and breaks from her. He dashes to the teens side and crouches over him. "Shit" He quickly checks for injuries and bruises, he watches in horror as the guy takes very thin breaths. He tries to calm down and gather his thoughts.

He thinks of everything medically involved Holly once taught him and focuses. He tears the front of the victim's shirt and checks for his airway he turns to Holly "Damn it!" he turns to face Roslyn instead "what do we do?" desperation showed in his face.

Holly collapsed in his arms, blood spilt from her body, she fell from his grasp and rolled convulsing as if trying to expel the possession from her. She looked up at her friends individually and screamed passing out from pain both emotionally and physically.

"Shhh. Holly, it's okay. It wasn't your fault. You would never hurt us," Tony murmurs, pressing Holly's head gently against his chest as he rocks her back and forth. "We'll figure this out, okay? We'll help you. I promise."

As Oscar tears open the boy's shirt, he finds himself face to face with a deep bruise that covers most of the boy's chest. Roslyn pales and quietly kneels beside the pair, reaching out to wrap her hand around the boy's wrist. "His pulse is normal," she says shakily, "but he feels cold. I think he just needs to warm up and get some bandages and salve on that bruise."

She scoops the teen into her arms and glances worriedly at Oscar, pushing herself to her feet. "Will you be able to walk on your own?" she asks.

Then Holly passes out with a loud scream. Roslyn gasps and whips around, eyes wide. "Holly!"

"It's okay. I've got her," Tony murmurs. He gently wraps his arms around Holly and lifts her up, his eyes brimming with tears. "We've got to find a way to get the monster out of her. We have to," he whimpers, voice cracking.

Holly lay there unconscious not moving, her hair lay tangled in a blonde mess, her eyes flickered slightly every so often but no movement was made.

Oscar looked at Holly with anguish and blinked "huh.." he turned his gaze to Roslyn and nodded "..yeah I'll be fine" he moved awkwardly into a standing position to prove his own query and limped over to her "why did this have to happen?" his face extorted to anger.

After some time passed Holly finally seemed to achieve peace and her breathing returned to normal, her eyes slowly opened with a slight flutter and she took in a gasp as if returning from a nightmare back into reality.

Oscar turned to his friends "guys, maybe we should retreat for now, I mean we still have the rope don't we?" he queried the question to Roslyn. He glanced at where he was and realised how stupid that idea was. He punched the wall with frustrated rage.

"Hey, Holly," Tony whispers as she startles awake. "Take it easy. Everyone's alive. We're all safe now." He pauses to glance up as Oscar punches a wall in anger. He can't help but chuckle. ". . . Or we could take the secret staircase back up."

Roslyn whips around to face him. "The what?!"

Tony shrugs and carries Holly down the hall. "That's how we got down here. Come on, this way." He leads everyone quietly up the stairs.

The moment the last person steps out and she's put the teen on a couch, Holly grabs a board of wood and starts nailing it over the entrance. Then she takes another and does the same thing with the hole. "No one goes down there! Understood?" she snaps.

"Where . . . wh - where . . .?" the teen stammers as he flinches and starts to wake up. He takes one look at the group and jumps backward, screeching in terror.

(((Sorry it's late forgot to reply also been busy due to being close to Christmas 🎅 also you meant Roslyn instead of Holly didn't you :) (just checking)))

Holly lay down covered in her friend's and her own blood, she stared at them her eyes wide with worry and guilt. She stuttered trying to find her voice "... what.. If" she looked at her hands bloodied and filthy "I...might" she cried again.

Oscar came through the now blocked entrance and breathed heavily as he watched Roslyn board up the passage "damn what about-" he cut himself off and ran into the lounge where the fireplace had fallen through. He knelt down and prodded the area, more of the fireplace crumbled down the hole as he expected.

Holly sat up slowly but couldn't look her friends in the eye. She felt her chest and the pain came flooding back from where her friend winded her. She looked over at the boy and reminded herself what she had apparently done and would have done if she hadn't stopped. She hugged herself, grimacing through the pain shooting through her.

Oscar gathered some supplies for the hole and built a rather rickety barricade around it. He looked at the others "just a precaution if something worse really is down there we don't want it coming up or us falling down" he secured the ropes and returned to the boy who now seemed to be breathing a bit better than when he had left him. "how are you feeling?" he asked in the way a father would ask his son. He awaited a response.

((No worries, same! XD And yes, yes I did lol))

Once he's sure everyone else is safe and accounted for, Tony walks over to Holly and quietly sits beside her. He says nothing for a few minutes, only letting his hands hang folded in his lap. Finally he sighs and scoots closer. "If it makes any difference . . . nobody's blaming you," he mumbles.

He clears his throat and gently reaches out a hand to Holly's shoulder. "Listen. It was obvious you were being mind-controlled. No one normal just says they're going to murder their friends and then tries to do it. By the way, uh - sorry for kicking you in the chest. You going to be okay?"

The teen, meanwhile, is pressed flat against the back of the couch, panting and staring at Oscar with wide eyes. "I - I - uh . . . I'm alive?" he chokes out at last. "K - kind of cold still. Who are all you people? What's g - going on?" he adds, his voice growing louder.

Roslyn sighs and rubs her temples. "I'm going to go make hot cocoa and check the windows and doors. We're all obviously stuck here until we figure out the car situation. Anyone know how to fix cars?"

(((hi sorry for this very very late reply I have not been well at all over Christmas and my mind has been a bit everywhere recently hopefully this is the first of many ;D x
Hope it's enough to go by 😇😊🤠)))

(((Also MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! XxX)))

Holly hugged her legs and nodded at Tony's attempt of reassurance but none of his words got through to her, she moved herself and awkwardly shifted out of her seat and stood watching them all she moved across to the boy who was eyeing her closely.

Oscar moved to the kitchen with Roslyn and walked through rummaging through the cupboards and shelves he thought back on their current situation and left the room. He climbed the stairs confused about why he was going up.

Holly stared at the boy and thoughts entered her mind (who was this boy? was he a threat?, was there a reason why he was locked up?) she walked past him timidly and noticed Oscar. "Oscar...?" she whispered weakly. She followed him up to the spare room.

Oscar walked inside the spare room the same one he and Roslyn had tried to scavenge wood from. He walked over to the window. Holly watched his movements skeptically and suddenly her fears set into motion, she ran at Oscar as he approached the open window he landed with a crash "What the-!" Holly clasped his mouth shut and held a finger to her lips they sat together.

The boy stares around the room blankly as one by one, everyone seems to become lost in their own thoughts or up and leaves the room. He bites his lower lip and winces. ". . . okay, that's - that's fine. Didn't actually need a response or anything," he murmurs. When there's still no reply to his words, he wraps his arms around his legs and curls up against the couch, shivering slightly with a shaky sigh.

Tony finally snaps back to reality and moves his attention towards the teen. He swallows and slowly makes his way over, giving the boy a gentle pat on the shoulder before sitting down beside him. "It's all right. No one's listening to me, either," he murmurs. He pulls in a breath and smiles. "I'm Tony. I wish I could say I knew what's going on . . ."

Upstairs, the room falls silent for a moment. Then some kind of white scaled face passes by the window before a large, icy blue eye stares in and tries to figure out where it's missing target had gone. The creature hisses and finally slithers away again, a long tail flicking with a sound like a whip crack.

Holly hold her hand one Oscars mouth and waits they watch quietly. Holly feels pain pulsing through her neck and bites her lower lip to try and hold the agony back. As the monster moves across the window oscar lets out a frightened gasp.

When the creature had disappeared from their view Holly sighs but Oscar slides abruptly from her grasp almost shoving her against the wall. She screamed he got up and ran from her claiming she was still being controlled.

Holly let out a small cry "it's me it's really me!" he takes the stairs two at a time. Holly stood there and took his outburst to heart she cried and wrapped her arms around herself. She walked to the window and her thoughts run away with her (what if I really am drawing it to us?)
She stepped closer her feet almost touching the glass. (I'll end it before it... ) she cries.

Oscar ran into the kitchen and joined Roslyn. He caught his breath and relayed everything to her.

In case you cant remember or lost the thread ;)
Holly hold her hand one Oscars mouth and waits they watch quietly. Holly feels pain pulsing through her neck and bites her lower lip to try and hold the agony back. As the monster moves across the window oscar lets out a frightened gasp.

When the creature had disappeared from their view Holly sighs but Oscar slides abruptly from her grasp almost shoving her against the wall. She screamed he got up and ran from her claiming she was still being controlled.

Holly let out a small cry "it's me it's really me!" he takes the stairs two at a time. Holly stood there and took his outburst to heart she cried and wrapped her arms around herself. She walked to the window and her thoughts run away with her (what if I really am drawing it to us?)
She stepped closer her feet almost touching the glass. (I'll end it before it... ) she cries.

Oscar ran into the kitchen and joined Roslyn. He caught his breath and relayed everything to her.