*SNORTS THAT SWEET MUSICAL SENSATION*

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivian

Original poster
So lately I've gained this passion for musicals, like Hamilton and The Heathers. 8'D I'm looking for more to watch and have also already seen 21Chump, if anyone says High school musical I will file a report to get you banned ;^).

Rocky Horror Picture Show? ;D There's a london stage version on youtube that's pretty funny.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
High School Musical (¬‿¬)

I once went to the Lion King. Was great.

• Bucket of Rainbows
HEYO CHILD PLEASE LET ME THROW YOU MY LIST OF MUSICALS THAT I LOVE THEY ARE MY BABES

- A Little Princess (A musical that never made it on Broadway, but is one of my favorites!!)

- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Beautiful choral soundtrack and masterfully acted~)

- Rent (You'll probably like this one if you liked Hamilton, written by Lin Manuel-Miranda)

- Glass Mask (This isn't a musical, but a lovely anime about acting. Watch the 2005 version because everything else is absolute garbage~)

- Sweeney Todd (Wonderful horror musical~)

- Something Rotten (Modern musical about the first musical)

- 42nd Street (Old-Timey musical about dancers)

- Annie Get Your Gun (About Annie the famous gunslinger)

- Pippin (One of my favorites!!)

- Catch Me If You Can (BEAUTIFUL! I did this at my school and I love it to pieces. "Fly" is definitely the best song and it makes me cry every time.)

- The Bridges of Madison County (The only song I like is the duet between the main characters. The song is called "10 Minutes". [I'm pretty sure that's what it's called.])

For now, that's all I can seem to remember~

• Nice Execution!
Also, this is illegal but if you wanna watch popular musicals for free go to stagedork.com, but you didn't hear that from me. Not at all.

Oh man...

Musicals are my absolute jam.

Lesse.

Into the Woods, Les Miserables (NOT the crappy Hugh Jackman mess... Ever), Phantom of the Opera, Rent, Guys and Dolls, My Fair Lady, Chicago, Joseph, Cats, Evita... The list goes on lol

I also highly highly recommend to anyone who enjoys hilarious, witty musicals... Check out the series Galavant on Netflix.

Phantom of the Opera, hands down, is one that you absolutely HAVE GOT TO SEE.

I like the Led Mis with Hugh Jackman... >.>

Singing in the Rain
Oklahoma!
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Gaahhh... There's another that I'm not remembering that I think is great. It's obviously not that great if I can't remember it.

Claude-Michel Schönberg's adapted production of Les Misérables is pretty much essential.

Dear Evan Hansen is one of the best musicals in a long time that I have listened to and it made me so happy. ( I have seen half of the show before it was removed from YouTube... but just the music alone is great.)

Finding Neverland is one to watch if you like J.M Barrie or Peter Pan.

Bare: A Pop Opera is a good one if you are looking for a good but also sad gay musical romance that is around a church and two high school boys in love there.

Wicked is something that has to be seen.

I also would recommend Next to Normal because it is just so good on every level. ( And underrated as hell). I also would recommend Waitress for you to watch. Also, I nearly forgot Spring Awakening, it's awesome and as most people say, it's got the test anthem/ I am screwed anthem

There are more I can think of... but I am going to let others take a shoot.

If you also like musicals and want a show to watch, my recommendation is Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Despite the title, it is actually really good and is probably on Netflix.

Dr Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog

Repo! The Genetic Opera.

Dr. Horrible can probably be enjoyed by everyone, but Repo! takes a certain kind of person. It's a love/hate thing.

Sweeney Todd (the Tim Burton movie with Johnny Depp and HBC fell a little flat for me, but parts of it are good I guess? the stage musical is better, but the movie is a good way to get started)

Kinky Boots. Sounds less appropriate than it actually is, trust me.

Into the Woods. but not the movie until you've seen the stage musical. Please. There's stuff they leave out that changes a lot of how you see the characters. The full 1991 performance is available on youtube right here

I haven't actually seen 'Edges' ( by the same people as Dear Evan Hansen) but I've heard one song from it and it was pretty good, so I'm putting it on the list

Wicked. Can't forget Wicked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.