Central Mountain Time (USA) Sat/Sun/Mon: Open anytime
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Anything
I noticed a lot of people like different kinds of kinks and by no means am I to judge I've got my own too.

But I'm really curious about something. Do you role play solely for smutty kinks? Or for story? Maybe both somewhere in between?

I've never been huge on smut, not unless done tastefully anyways. I prefer a good reason for it, not just as y'all are horny and wanna butt thwack someone to death. -wink wink- However, it's not really me to refuse role play either if asked, I'm more than willing to at least give things a try before saying 'no'. If I find it uninteresting then maybe I won't try it anymore, so there is literally no limits for me other than feral sex with humans. I just can't with that.

I like play for stoy line anyhow, But can you really have both worlds that makes a enthralling story...?

both or somewhere between I guess...

I like "eRP" or "story wrapped smut" ;3

Of course it depends heavy on what you count as "smut".
For a colonist it might be something very different from what a person in central Europe might judge as such

both or somewhere between I guess...

I like "eRP" or "story wrapped smut" ;3

Of course it depends heavy on what you count as "smut".
For a colonist it might be something very different from what a person in central Europe might judge as such
I'd be curious to know, as I'm learning all sorts of things myself. I generally think of smut as explicit sex, but I'm not 100% sure how it is viewed by others more experienced in that kind of rp. I'm asexual so it has never interested me but it is a interesting topic!

Ah yes...

I usually play my eRP in a society that is
sex positive and sexually open minded (but no "casual sex world" or "rape world)

Even with "explicit sex" it can be somewhat different from person to person... some say a BJ or hand job (or foot job^^) isn't "sex at all"
I have seen/encountered persons (back in the day on F-list) for those only penetration counted as "sex"

*shrug*

PS: I guess as a sex positive pansexuall relationship anarchist in RL, I can't wrap my mind around the phenomenon of "asexual" because it is so out of my realm of personal experience :3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Slaynoir
I agree in that, what is considered smut to one person, or even one region of the world, is subjective and different than what another person or region would consider it to be. I think of it in probably the most Western way: as any act that is sexually gratifying written out in any level of detail that can be understood. Not just that which is penetrating, but pretty much anything involving a person's explicit parts in an act that is arousing or offers sexual gratification. I'd go as far as to say that's how a majority of people view explicit roleplaying or smut, simply because the sex is the first thing people will think of if you mention the word.

More to the point, yes it is possible to have an enthralling story either with a little smut mixed in or without it entirely. I personally roleplay for a good story and character development. Not to say I don't have some kinks - let's face it, I think we all got a little freak in us so to speak. lol That's just not why I roleplay. I prefer a larger plot to smut ratio if smut is included at all. I actually find that my favorite roleplays, historically speaking, have been ones with little or no smut. There are times when it adds to the development of characters and their relationships to each other and the story at large. Those are the best scenarios.

Might be the unpopular opinion, but perhaps smut-centric roleplays are a substitute for sexting or Omegle for lonely people to get off on. I mean, there's no shame in that. Better than going out and making one-night mistakes, honestly.

I love using sex scenes as a tool for character development and story telling! :D There are a lot of cool things you can do to enhance your stories with them! No different than doing a fight scene, or drama scene, or anything else. It's all about the little details and how the characters express themselves. I've done rps where sex scenes are just lil sprinkles, and rps where learning about someone's sexual exploration is the story!

On the flip side I don't mind at all if people like writing smut just for getting their own sexual gratification (As @Ashi says!), cause we all roleplay for different reasons - BUT it does actually make me uncomfortable when people tell me that's what they're doing with our characters and when they kinda blur the line between characters and myself. D: I don't want to be hit on or flirted with, and it really freaks me out when people are aggressively sexual towards me the player.

PS: I guess as a sex positive pansexuall relationship anarchist in RL, I can't wrap my mind around the phenomenon of "asexual" because it is so out of my realm of personal experience :3

This is really funny for me, cause I am an Ace person! 😂 And I love writing about sex (and reading about it!) but it's just not something I am interested in real life. It's no different than writing a murder scene for me - fun to experience through roleplay but heckin' no I don't wanna actually do it for real! 🤣

It's no different than writing a murder scene for me - fun to experience through roleplay but heckin' no I don't wanna actually do it for real!

Actually.. yes... that makes a lot of sense. Never looked at it that way :D

I'm definitely heavier on plot than I am smut. I like to write out sex, for sure, but I find it much more fulfilling if those characters exist outside of their desires and kinks. Nothing wrong with getting raunchy, I just really like smut as a means to advance the plot or develop relationships/characters. I get really bored if every other scene is all about doing the same stuff.

I am super in agreement with Diana though, I get uncomfortable when people blur the line between us and our characters. Especially in ooc when talking about our characters, I've had people go 'okay so next I'm going to do this to you'. Well, no, you're not doing it to me, your character is doing it to mine. These are very different things, haha.

Reactions: Calyx
I prefer storyline.

I hardly, if ever, write smut. It's a trust issue for me and most websites I've visited in the past look down upon it. Not to mention that I've encountered some really creepy folks elsewhere who seemed interested in pushing their kink agendas without outright saying it. Adding onto that, I should mention that I'm also just really shy and severely lack experience. That said, I do think there are examples of when it bolsters character dynamics or is just outright fun to write. My ex-girlfriend and I used to write sex scenes for our characters after a while as a reward of sorts for them getting far enough into a relationship that they can trust one another like that.

Honestly, I'd probably like to write more of it, maybe in the future, if I find someone I trust enough to write it with. I do think, though, I'll probably always be somewhat of a plot heavy kind of guy. Smut is fun, don't get me wrong, but I'd probably get bored with a Roleplay if it was just that and only that. I need angst, drama, and action to pad it out too.