Smut limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King

I read it in the paper so it must be true.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm an afternoon and 1am poster lmao
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
- Horror
- Paranormal
- Supernatural
- Biblical
- Sci Fi
- World War I II
- Roman / Greek
- 80s / 90s
- Romance
- Occult
I wasn't sure where to put this, but it seems to fit in here. So, on the topic of smut/sexual scenes.

I know that a plot can develop down a route with sex. And red and blue stars do not mix!

However, I'm just wondering, when does it count as sexual?? Like, is kissing okay? Talking about sex? Making out? Or can you fade to black? I would like to make sure I obey the rules, so is there like some questions I should ask myself before I post something?? I don't want to cross a line! Thank you in advance!

Pretty sure anything involving either character's sexual genitalia is where you draw the line.

Someone feel free to correct me on that, but kissing, making out, talking about sex, and fading to black are all okay.

Kissing and cuddling is okay and as long as you keep things in spoiler tags you can even have whole sex scenes in the normal forum as long as they develop naturally and doesn't occur too often. Fade to black is of course the best option to be on the safe side.

What's not allowed in the normal section is when you start touching genitalia. No mentioning of erections, orgasms or stuff like that without having it in spoilers or in the mature area. Of course if a sex scene drags out for many pages, it does clearly belong in the libertine/teen are even if it has spoilers, but if it's just a few posts back and forth with spoilers, then there's no harm to have it in the normal section.

It's a bit hard to determine exactly where the line is put. Just follow your common sense and if you notice that it becomes too many sex scenes (in spoilers of course) in a short amount of time, or that they are dragged out a lot, it's just to ask an admin if it's still okay, and if not it will be moved to the mature area.

And absolutely no sex scenes between 18+ and 17-! The line pretty much goes at the mentioning of genitalia when things starts to become steamy. Fade to black rules ALWAYS applies in a roleplay between two age groups. Kissing and cuddling is allowed, but cut it if they're taking it any further.

Thank you both! That's cleared it up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.