SMASH that subscribe button for more macedonian phalanx memes {historical, fantasy, fandoms, and more}

Achilles

his descent was like nightfall
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
romance, historical, horror
Hello! My name is August, and despite my better judgement, I'm looking to refill a couple of the spots left by 1x1s that fell through. I reserve the right to be a bit picky, as I am busy and don't want to put a lot of time into something I don't think will work out for us, but please do not hesitate to message me anyway if you are interested! It will be a very polite rejection, if anything :) I only bite when asked. And if you came just for the Macedonian phalanx memes, hey, that's your prerogative. Stay tuned.

• Like I mentioned, my name is August. I'm 24 and male, for those of you who have age and gender stipulations. I am currently a full-time student, double majoring in history and English/creative writing (with a minor in ancient and medieval studies -- which unsurprisingly comes in handy for RP a lot). I am very very passionate (read: annoying) about my studies and if we talk OOC a lot, I will probably mention it quite a bit. I also work as a writing coach at another college.

I like OOC chatting a lot -- whether it be strictly about the RP, or other things. It helps me to engage with our story and to feel comfortable bringing ideas to the table. Despite being busy, I am usually able to keep up with OOC communications quite well, even if I cannot sit down to write out an IC post. This means that on those occasions when I get stressed and overwhelmed by RL stuff and need a short RP break, you will be properly updated every step of the way :)

I am a writer, so while I am pretty lenient and understanding of the fact that RP is just a hobby, it is hard for me to not put a lot of effort into my RPs. I certainly don't write to the very best of my ability here, but I would still consider myself an advanced writer. While I technically do subscribe to the whole "quality over quantity" thing, I also recognize that quality often leads to quantity (internal monologue and description add to length, and those are very necessary!), and so I mostly enjoy longer posts in the 500-1000 word range.

• I mostly expect from my partners the same things that I am offering, which is as follows:
    • Communication! I am very patient and will wait forever for a response as long as I know what's going on. No matter how busy you are, please make the effort to log on either here or Discord and let me know it'll be awhile if you can. It makes a world of difference. In addition, if something in my post doesn't work for you, or if you want to change or add anything in our plot, let me know.
    • An advanced writing level. I know this is subjective, so it can be hard to judge, but if you're at this level, you probably know. I expect a solid grasp on English grammar -- imperfections are okay and expected, but things like ending a sentence where you should just have a comma or run-on sentences make posts difficult to read for me. I also expect a grasp on basic story-telling concepts. Character development, plot consistency, etc... this does not need to be our magnum opus, but it still needs certain elements to be enjoyable.
    • A plotting attitude that is neither too passive or too aggressive. I don't want to plan the whole thing myself without input, and I also do not want to have all of my ideas railroaded because they don't mesh with exactly what you had in mind. There may be certain scenes or aspects thought up entirely by one or the other of us, but it mostly should be a healthy back-and-forth.
    • LGBT-friendly attitude. This is a huge thing for me -- I am highly unlikely to play a straight character, even on the somewhat rare occasion I write MxF romance (your fave hetero-passing canon character is bisexual, actually; I don't make the rules!!), and I am 100% unwilling to play in a ridiculous but all too common universe where everyone is straight (there has never been a period in history where this has been the case, so it's not realistic for a fictional setting, either!). In addition, I will not take part in homophobic/transphobic portrayals of LGBT characters -- this includes yaoi archetypes, hyper-sexualized bisexual characters (especially in MxF pairings), "traps", "futas", etc. Please write your LGBT characters as human beings rather than fetishes!
    • That you be an adult (18+). Sorry, young ones! I just think it's more comfortable and safe all around to stick within age groups. It is extremely unlikely that I will ever write anything that doesn't include mature themes of some sort, so I just want to keep it clean for everyone involved.
    • I will only RP onsite. Both PMs and threads are okay, however.

• Regardless of plot, here are the things I am looking for:
    • Romance. Sorry. It will not and should not be the only thing going on, but I'm just gonna be upfront -- I want to write about people smooching.
    • Mainly m/m pairings. Especially if you want any explicit sex scenes (that's the only sort I can write without having to do research that would make the FBI agents assigned to my Google search history very uncomfortable). I am also quite willing to do f/f, but I'll really only do m/f if there's a specific reason why it needs to be m/f (such as my canon fandom pairings that happen to m/f. No, I won't require we gender-swap them). In any case, I'm not comfortable writing with people who only do m/f pairings. Please do not message me if you're only willing to do m/f.
    • Simple world-building for fantasy settings. Really complex world-building is a ton of work and something I'm just generally not interested in for something I'm not publishing because I'm lazy and have a small brain. I'm a big fan of deciding details as they come up.
    • Some input from my partners. Nothing I have listed here is super fleshed out in my head. I'll need help getting there.
    • I prefer simple character sheets because they allow the character to grow into something you did not quite expect. As far as character portraits, I can do either real images, realistic illustrations, or detailed description. The only thing I'm not into are anime portraits or other cartoony/unrealistic portraits.
    • Smut is optional. I like writing it if and when it fits into the story, but if you're uncomfortable with it, just let me know. It is not a requirement.
    My major genre interests are historical and fantasy, with some very, very specific modern plots. Sci-fi is iffy but possible. General modern/slice of life is probably a no.
    Disclaimer: You do not need to be a history expert by any means. I won't even point out any errors in historical accuracy unless they're completely egregious (and even then, I'm nice about it). If you've played a game, watched a movie, or read a book set in the time period, that's good enough for me. I might annoy you with historical fun facts as we're plotting though. I'm not sorry.

Also, a lot of people who like historical fiction want to write about warfare. I don't. Any depictions of battle will be vague and the violence equivalent of fade-to-black sex scenes. Not because I don't like violence, but because military history is not my strong suit -- I know "stick em with the pointy end" and that's about it.

Time periods:
    • Ancient Greece
      • Literally anything within this society. This is my area of interest and probably what I'm going to be studying in grad school. It is absolutely my shit.
      • I'm not particular interested in mythology-based plots. I like to treat ancient Greek religion like I would any other religion. That said, if you've got something mythology-based in mind, I'll hear you out. I'm not 100% opposed.
    • Ancient Rome
      • Just took a class on these guys so I've been feelin' it lately. This is another one that I probably know more than is necessary.
    • Medieval Europe
      • I know less about this stuff, but I love it anyways. This is a really vague setting since the culture varies by country, but I'm cool with any of it.
      • The Byzantine Empire is of particular interest to me.
      • Something dealing with the Black Death? Ugggghhh, yes.
    • Ancient Egypt
    • Renaissance Italy
      • This would require a bit more research from me, since it's beyond my ancient/medieval scope, but I'm here for it.
    • low magic/no magic fantasy settings
    • ye olde classic "medieval" fantasy
    • elves!
    • dragons!
    • pseudo-historical settings other than medieval with fantasy elements?
    • dark fantasy/horror fantasy
      • vampires or vampire-esque creatures are a big yes
      • also demons and succubus type figures
    • supernatural creature x human is always, always a good time
    • not modern fantasy unless you have a really compelling idea
    I am so picky about modern plots, it's unbelievable. They have to be absolutely riddled with drama for me to keep interest, which is why nothing I have listed below is very happy-sounding. Oh well.
    • Addiction
    • Major age gap relationships (between consenting adults!)
    • Professor/student
    • Adultery
    • BDSM relationships (of a safe, consensual, and healthy nature :P)
    • Sex work
    • any combination of the above
    Pairings are open to suggestion, but fandoms are not. If it isn't listed here, I either don't know it or don't care enough about it to RP it. I'm not super into canon x oc pairings except for a few notable exceptions, but you are welcome to ask. OC x OC is an option across the board, however.

Dragon Age -
    • Warden/Alistair
    • Warden/Zevran
    • Alistair/Zevran
    • Fenris/Hawke
    • Anders/Hawke
    • Fenris/Isabela
    • Anders/Fenris
    • Dorian/Inquisitor
    • Dorian/Cullen
    • Dorian/Iron Bull
    • Cullen/Inquisitor
    Skyrim -
    • Ulfric/Dragonborn
    • Brynjolf/Dragonborn
    • Lord Harkon/Dragonborn
    Game of Thrones (show only because I'm illiterate) -
    • Dany/Sansa
    • Jaime/OC
    • ??? I love this show but have not put much thought into pairings. Very open to suggestions.
    The Witcher (show + 3rd game only -- again, illiterate and also lazy) --
    • Geralt/Jaskier (Dandelion)
    • Jaskier/OC
    • Ciri/OC
    Other possibilities that I haven't put much thought into:
    • Star Wars
    • The Hunger Games
    • Assassin's Creed (Origins and Odyssey)

• ...the Macedonian phalanx memes. You're welcome.

me-i-promise-i-wont-form-a-perfect-256-man-macedonian-32627334.png

2piamkgt8qw11.jpg

6b202a9acf25afd518094d597a144f16c9a137e7.jpg

5d01ba7471ab348404c54b859576b02c4d84988210085916f0e85712100803ca_1.jpg

images

Reactions: Pupperr
Listen! What about a geralt x OC?? Ya feeling what I'm feeling?? XD

Reactions: Achilles
Reactions: no hero
Hear me out, I am currently working on my response for us but listen I got a powerful mutant OC that I think would be perfect for Geralt XD

Hear me out, I am currently working on my response for us but listen I got a powerful mutant OC that I think would be perfect for Geralt XD
Oooo... PM me about this OC. :D