Smash Bros.

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Crab Claws, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Come on, SOMEONE must have gotten the new game and wants to talk about besides me. I'm having a blast right now with the Wii U version training my Donkey Kong.

Who's your favorite character?

Did you get an Amiibo? If so, who?
  2. I don't have a Wii U but I was at the midnight release to get Pokemon ORAS. Tomorrow the boyfriend and I are going to a friend's house to Smash Bros, so I can let you know then haha.

I always love Pikachu though. >//<

edited because i am a dumb that can't read
  3. I have the game...Just not a system to play it on (3DS). You see my problem? But Sheik is my favorite, I've always been good with Sheik.
  4. I grabbed me ORAS as well, it's hard deciding which to play. It's also harder to remember to post in my rps.

As much as I love the random button, Jigglypuff is my go to guy/girl. Nothing more satisfying than beating my friends with it.
  5. I picked up the copy of the Wii U version that I preordered yesterday and I am super excited to play, but I just haven't had the chance to play it yet.
    But I also have the 3DS version and from what I've played of that, I can't imagine the one on the Wii U will be any less awesome.

So far I'm gonna have to say that my favorite character is either Kirby or Wii Fit Trainer. I was always really good as Kirby.
    I can't be sure yet, though, as I haven't had the time to try them all out yet.
  6. Played it while under the influence last night.

Watching a CPU get pegged by a soccer ball to it's death couldn't have been any funnier.

Still playing through most of the roster to see what's new and who's who.

Also, what's an ORAS and what do those Amiibo's DO?
  7. I've had the 3DS version and not a whole lot of time to play it. However, Lucina and Robin are my two defaults now. I'm much better with Lucina, but I love Robin's moveset to death.
  8. I got the 3ds version on release day and would have gotten the Wii U version, but I don't own a Wii U.

I main Ike, Lucina, and Robin (Robin only if Customs are on; I'm spoiled by Arcfire+ and can't play her without it), but mostly Lucina. Ike is mostly my counterpick for opposing Marth/Lucinas and Little Macs, since I'm terrible at those matchups with Lucina. I'm also experimenting with Sheik, ZSS, Zelda, Palutena, and Rosaluma. Probably best at ZSS out of those, but I think I can play an okay Sheik too.

It really should be obvious my mains originated out of my fire emblem fanboy status and not how they play.
  9. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire editions of pokemon.

As for Amiibos, they're like little figurines that have data stored in them that can be used for different things in different games. For smash, it holds a special AI computer of said character that supposedly learns to play like how you train it to. For example, I play mirror matchups against my DK amiibo to train it and I tend to always start the game with neutral B. After awhile when the match starts he does the same thing and we both spend a few seconds charging it up.
  10. Considering the last Smash game I've owned was Melee, this Wii U version is everything I could have ever wanted it to be. I've been having an amazing time with it.

Fox is my main, although I am loving Baby Bowser and when I unlock Duck Hunt, I'm going to master the hell out of them because they are the harbingers of my youth. Some of my earliest gaming memories was that fucking dog mocking me for missing my shot. Now I'm shooting real guns at 100-200 meters instead of light guns at like 4 feet away from a TV, SO WHO'S LAUGHING NOW YOU SNARKY SON OF A BITCH?

Ahem. I also like using Link from time to time, Zero Suit Samus plays pretty well, and Ganondorf is my go-to for when I need to hit people like a Mack truck.

I got a Fox and a Link Amiibo. I nicknamed my Fox Amiibo "Guy Fox" (It was a toss up between naming him Fox or Fawks, but alas) and my Link is "NotGanon". They're pretty fun to play against.
  11. I have not gotten the Amiibo. IMHO, it feels like trying to wring out extra money from people...

I have not played that many matches in the new wii u smash bros, but I think my most played as character is Shulk.
    (I was hyped when he was announced, as chugga got me into Xenoblade.)
  12. Meh, they're okay. My friends seem to have trouble with defeating my level 50 donkey kong while they usually steamroll level 9 computers, so I feel that they make for more challenging enemies.