Small Inconveniences

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Everly, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I realized a few minutes ago that I am somebody who complains about small inconveniences that are really the product of better things. For example, I was mentally grumbling about needing yet another bookshelf because I buy too many books and I've run out of places to put them. [No, I don't want to double-stack them, I want to be able to read the titles, dang it!] I've also run out of places to put bookshelves, meaning I have to stop getting the long short ones and get some of the tall ones that hold more.

This is a wonderful problem to have.

I don't even know why I thought it was worth complaining about. Oh, no, I have too many books for the amount of shelves I have, woe is me!

Silly Everly.

But now I am curious! I know for a fact I'm not the only one who does/has done this, and I want to know what little things you may have complained about or gotten upset over that were actually really good things! I think that taking the time to realize it was a silly thing to get upset about might make you happier, and then we can spread our sunshine and rainbows all over the place like glittery optimism-coated vomit :D
  2. I prefer the term "first world problems" to describe these types of things. :P

The most recent one I can remember is when I went to go pay rent this month and because I got the cash in twenties my wallet was stuffed too full to properly close. I complained about it to someone in passing and they just looked at me like I was an asshole because I was complaining about having too much money for pocket comfort.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I almost called this First World Problems instead, but a friend of mine showed me a video yesterday that completely ruined that phrase for me.

So I am now advocating the term SMALL INCONVENIENCES and you will be happy with it, Jorick! Hmph.

• Love Love x 1
  4. "I have too many players in my role plays!... Wait a second..."
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I used to complain about "minor inconveniences" -- whether it be the product of something good or not.

Then I realized it's just a waste of time and energy I could be putting towards producing something good of my own, or bettering myself.

Maybe I'm one of the minority, but when you've experienced a truly troubling inconvenience (see signature). the little shit just doesn't matter much anymore. :D
    • Thank Thank x 1
  6. I have so much free time that I'm running out of things to do.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kinda like when you lift a trash bag and its leaking?

Yeah, they make me mad. But it's usually over in a few seconds because I'm already cleaning it.
  8. Same.
  9. @Windsong I more of meant things that seemed bad but were actually good! ... I don't know if a leaky trash bag is actually a good thing..

But maybe..

For mice?

10. Oooooh..

My bad, misread it then.

Like when they charge you for the 10 piece nugget but you get 11?

Good shit.
    • Love Love x 1
  11. I hate when my dog takes a titanic dump that is bigger than the bag I'm trying to collect it in.

Seriously, I think this dog poops more in a squat than I do in three days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.