Small Group RP Planning [Sign-Ups Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon I was thinking that exactly. I'm all about the journey one must take. So if there was a diamond planet then I'd really like to see a map or strange artifact that acts as a map that shows them how to get there. Then most of the RP being about the journey they go on to get to the planet. I don't think they should just POOF be at the planet. Know what I mean?

I mentioned cyborgs because I have a cyborg character that I'd love to play. Although I'm not sure how he'd fit into the current planning process since he's either A: Aiding some rebels on Earth with their civil war or B: Running around as his space pirate mother's personal tank (which he hates). I'm not so sure he'd fit into this story unless he joined the crew later on.

Reactions: - Falcon -
What if the Diamond planet is the treasure they're after? I imagine it could be extremely valuable.
They could find a map or something and it could be a sort of adventure to see who is the first to get there?

Also, @Zizikitty, I think you said something about an idea with Cyborgs?
Hmm... That would be a good expansion to the plot :3 it's definitely a good thing to work with XD (from the little I could remember about treasure planet, all that treasure kinda went kaput in the end o.o just a few bits and pieces remaining, I wonder if that's sort of what'll happen with that diamond planet)

It looks like we've reached a consensus of the what, a hunt for the diamond planet.

Now all we need is the who, why, and how

It looks like we've reached a consensus of the what, a hunt for the diamond planet.

Now all we need is the who, why, and how
Hmm, we could handle the who with CS's (though how big do we want the group?) as for why, either each individual characters have their separate goals with what to do with the riches they're looking for, or they've all gathered together to complete the same goal which the riches would help them achieve. The how will be determined by the first two things I guess o.o

I meant the who in terms of are they pirates themselves, or a team of smugglers, or honest merchants etc. :)

I meant the who in terms of are they pirates themselves, or a team of smugglers, or honest merchants etc.
Hmm, that would definitely be something to think of, and I have a few ideas;
The classic villain(s): Stereotypical pirates who either want the planet for themselves just as a sort of "trophy" or they already have the planet for themselves and are keeping it under the radar of the public to make sure no-one else will be able to take it from them (you know how pirates are with their treasure :P)
Doomsday plan: A secret corporation or a group of people is after the diamond planet to use it as their instrument of destruction (or at least utilize it's resources in the assembly of said instrument of destruction)
World domination plans: One or multiple people are after the diamond planet to use it's riches to gain ultimate world power through financial means

(we can put more detail into these once we decide on something XD)

Hello, so I am new on the site, and thus I have a lack of threads to back me up as far as my skill is, though I guarantee that I would be, more than likely, able to fit your requirements Falcon.

Now with your idea, I can throw a few aspects in. Everyone knows of blood diamonds no? Why no make a planet somewhat dedicated to this. We can say that in the distant future Earth and a few other alien planets have gathered together in an universal alliance. Well, with that universal alliance they are required to help protect and aid the other parties who have signed that treaty. Well each of them has their own criminals and certain types of creatures naturally out power others. So to make this alliance work they found a new planet that had no sign of life, and could support most, if not all, life forms. This planet would be rich in raw materials, and what better to do than benefit from the carcinogens that you just disposed of? Well, what if they were not the first there (Like what if the situation was similar to that of the Mayans and Aztecs)? And a few prisoners found a treasure map? Surely they would want to get off the Godforsaken rock that they were on and gain that reward. But the question would be how would they interact? Why were each of them there? What are they and who are they going to be? So on and so forth.

Hello, so I am new on the site, and thus I have a lack of threads to back me up as far as my skill is, though I guarantee that I would be, more than likely, able to fit your requirements Falcon.

Now with your idea, I can throw a few aspects in. Everyone knows of blood diamonds no? Why no make a planet somewhat dedicated to this. We can say that in the distant future Earth and a few other alien planets have gathered together in an universal alliance. Well, with that universal alliance they are required to help protect and aid the other parties who have signed that treaty. Well each of them has their own criminals and certain types of creatures naturally out power others. So to make this alliance work they found a new planet that had no sign of life, and could support most, if not all, life forms. This planet would be rich in raw materials, and what better to do than benefit from the carcinogens that you just disposed of? Well, what if they were not the first there (Like what if the situation was similar to that of the Mayans and Aztecs)? And a few prisoners found a treasure map? Surely they would want to get off the Godforsaken rock that they were on and gain that reward. But the question would be how would they interact? Why were each of them there? What are they and who are they going to be? So on and so forth.
o.o these ideas seem interesting but I'm a little unfamiliar with the blood diamonds thing :S you wanna elaborate?

Okay, so I do not know how to do that "@" thing just yet, so I do apologize.

A blood diamond are diamonds that are sold under slave labor or forced labor. It is usually done in the Sahara or in general Africa.

Totally not gonna lie. I was playing WoW all day yesterday. D: Anyways...

I always play from an already made cast of characters whom I adapt for each role play I do and my villain list is somewhat limited. So as far as my character I don't think they'd be a villain persay. I would love to see a group of merchants or smugglers honestly. An adventure like this means they are going to get in over their head. At least I would think so anyways. Or maybe a starting band of space pirates. Thinking this big haul could put them on the map as far as pirates go.

Hmm, we could handle the who with CS's (though how big do we want the group?) as for why, either each individual characters have their separate goals with what to do with the riches they're looking for, or they've all gathered together to complete the same goal which the riches would help them achieve. The how will be determined by the first two things I guess o.o

I think if we do multiple character (which I love) I think it should be a maximum of two per person. Too many characters and it becomes a jumble I think. I personally am going to start with one. And if it's agreed on multiple characters then I'll add one later on.

Blood diamond is more of a term than an actual gem. Ethereal simplified it there but it's basically a diamond obtained through horrible inhuman circumstances. Slave/forced labor or if they are being paid it's for pennies. Something they barely are able to live on. You should watch something on it some time. It'll make you think twice about buying diamonds.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, so I do not know how to do that "@" thing just yet, so I do apologize.

A blood diamond are diamonds that are sold under slave labor or forced labor. It is usually done in the Sahara or in general Africa.
Totally not gonna lie. I was playing WoW all day yesterday. D: Anyways...

I always play from an already made cast of characters whom I adapt for each role play I do and my villain list is somewhat limited. So as far as my character I don't think they'd be a villain persay. I would love to see a group of merchants or smugglers honestly. An adventure like this means they are going to get in over their head. At least I would think so anyways. Or maybe a starting band of space pirates. Thinking this big haul could put them on the map as far as pirates go.

I think if we do multiple character (which I love) I think it should be a maximum of two per person. Too many characters and it becomes a jumble I think. I personally am going to start with one. And if it's agreed on multiple characters then I'll add one later on.

I guess we'll wait to see Falcon's final verdict on this o.o the blood diamonds thing seems like something that perhaps a larger scale organization would do with that diamond planet (doomsday plan, world domination, or just for vast amounts of riches) :S Kinda curious how the story's gonna develop o.o

In a "treasure hunt" scenario like this I'd prefer not to play a straight up villain. Merchants, smugglers, or rookie pirates can all fall into that gray area where you don't know what they're going to do with the treasure at the very beginning and the characters can spend some time figuring it out. Maybe they decide to give it all away to help somebody, or maybe they do go for world domination at the end, but for me it's more fun to start out undecided and see what they do.
With villains the goal is pretty much known from the very beginning.

I do want to keep this small so Ethereal is the last player I'm going to allow in *goes to put a closed tag on the request*
@Ethereal You do the @ thing by typing @ and then the person's username. Iwaku does the rest automatically for you ^^

We've already established that the "treasure planet", whatever it turns out to be, is the end goal, the prize they want to reach, so it doesn't make sense for it to also be a prison planet.
I do, however, love the idea of a planetary alliance and we could have a sort of hub planet with the different peoples on it as a starting point. Maybe there is a prison planet with blood diamonds at some point in the RP, maybe they have to land there for some reason and do find a map, or even a character who knows the way, but I don't want this RP centered around a prison planet.

I agree with on the multiple characters thing @Zizikitty mentioned. I am willing to play multiples, but I think we should start out with only one each and add in if we need more. That leaves room for temporary NPCs as needed without running the risk of anyone getting overwhelmed.

Reactions: Zizikitty
Sounds good with me! :3

@Falcon
Thank you so much!! I really love those things, I just know a few sites who do the format differently.

@york
@Zizikitty

And I do understand that the consensus is a 'treasure-hunt' which those scenarios are really fun. The only thing is, if we are going to have vastly different characters who do not know each other, then we would have to have something that brings them together. Well there could be something like the map or a map in a series of maps. Either each of the four has a piece of the first map or each has the first four (or random numbered) maps, however we want to work it out. I think visiting various planets will be fun because it will allow for character development en masse.

I like the idea of the hub planet, and it would be really cool if the planet was sapient-made. It was just a thought.

It all depends on if the characters start out as Strangers or as a crew. If they start out as strangers then they need that excuse to work together, if they start out as a crew, then they pretty much already know each other, at least a little bit. :)

Hub planet idea approved! At least on my end it is XD. Uuuuum that is a good question... should the crew know each other. If we say yes it would be a slight challenge (which I wouldn't mind trying!!) to role play them as if they know one another. I do like challenges. If not, if their random people then I say have one or two people act as comrades or friends. Then the one or two people hire a crew... (aka the other two players).

Hmm should we add on that all of them had heard rumors about this diamond planet and have converged together at some point (either by pure accident, or someone/their own intentions) :S

Hmmm . . . we could always say they're a brand new crew that doesn't really know each other. Maybe they were all hired by an outside source (NPC) to complete a job of some sort. That way they have an excuse to work together, but don't necessarily have to know each other.

I'm also thinking that maybe they start out with a different job and while they're working on that they hear or find something that mentions the planet. The planet is supposed to have remained hidden for a very long time, so there really can't be too many rumors floating around. I'm thinking an unfinished story, or an object with a half finished inscription or something and one of the characters wants to know the rest so they poke around a bit more and then convince the others to look for it . . .
Just my current thoughts on the matter :)

Reactions: Tarot and Zizikitty
I think it should be up to the player to decide if they've heard of the planet. Most likely... My character would not know about it. Just because I like the story telling part of shock and disbelief.

I totally love the idea that someone else hired the crew!! It covers both bases. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.