(Small group) RP à la 'Lies of Locke Lamora'

G

Grime

Original poster
Hey hey,

I know I'm fresh meat on this forum and all but I couldn't help but check and see if anyone is familiar with the Gentleman Bastards and subsequently the -many, many many many- lies of Locke Lamora?

Additionally I wanted to see whether a handful of people at most would be interested in basing a chapter-driven RP based loosely on the books. I won't request anyone who feels they would enjoy such an RP to have read the books though, as I don't want to limit myself on one hand nor potential players from participating in this RP just for not having read the books.

The basic of this rp is basically a band of brothers that con others in a variety of ways. It'd be a grim low-fantasy setting with a sense of loss, drama, suspense and realism mixed into one fun package of dramatic storytelling.

Don't expect straight up action/kamehameha's, whilst occasionally someone might get an arrow (in the knee ?) or a shiv planted firmly somewhere in their body; This is not a brawl'y RP I'm thinking of.

If anyone has any questions or is familiar with the book and wants to let me know of their interest, feel free to post here or send me a PM. :)

Greets!

I loved the Lies of Locke Lamora. Wasn’t able to get into the second book for some reason, but I’ve wanted to give it another try.

Anyway, I’d love this.

I honestly haven't read the 2nd one yet, even though I already own it...

Good to hear you're interested though, in case nobody else is interested we could make it a 1x1 RP with a lot of original NPCs thrown in?

Can't wait to see this started. :)

I'm not looking for a 1x1 right now. Sorry, man.

Hey! LOVED the first book though never got around to the second! I would be tentatively interested, pending further information.