Sylvia blinked as Lev lectured her, explaining how she didn't get to try and fix him after they had already had that whole conversation. Taking a deep breath, the silverette nodded. "All right. All right..." The serious mood didn't last long as Lev responded to her jest, making the poor girl laugh. "Oh no, I'm not going to do anything that might make them angry. I already had to deal with them nearly barreling me down when we got on the transport! Besides, your braid is almost done." The silverette smiled as she started to finish her partner's hairdo, reaching near the end. She didn't finish when someone called. Sylvia raised an eyebrow before she was greeted by Vivian's excited voice. She didn't get a single word in as the excitable young girl exclaimed how she great she had been in the last match and how she needed to go to the next round. Sylvia stared at Lev's scroll for a moment, unsure how to respond.

Instead of trying to find the words, Sylvia simply focused on finishing Lev's braid while he was standing still. Finding she had no extra hair tie on hand, she simply pulled her own hair out of its bun and used the hair tie to keep Lev's look together. Fiddling with the braid one last time, Sylvia nodded before turning around to lead the way back into the arena. "We're gonna have to talk about that with Reyna and Vance first. I don't wanna make any decisions without them." While the silverette felt flattered that Vivian believed in her enough to go on, Sylvia wasn't sure if she was the best bet. She'd talk it over with her teammates first, then decide. With that, the silverette marched off, leaving Lev trailing behind her as she tried to act as if she hadn't been crying. Her puffy eyes and tear tracks were obvious, but the silverette could only pray that her friends wouldn't notice the obvious signs of distress.

Lev stood by for a moment longer as Sylvia walked ahead, letting his smile slip once more in order to really think through the chain of events he had just been a witness to. Looking at his brand new braid didn't help matters, making his heart sink. There was too much for the ravenette to take in at once. Best to keep it under wraps. Everyone's got bigger problems... Lev thought, making his way to a transport with his hands dug deep within his pockets. He could deal with who'd go to finals later. Right now, he was emotionally drained and exhausted beyond belief. A good sleep was all he was after now.

Sylvia, meanwhile, was greeted with waves and smiles all around. Even Seymour picked himself up from what had turned into a minor headache in order to enjoy a bit of smalltalk with her. Reyna fidgeted around her leader to make sure everything was alright, and everything seemed to fall back into a normal pace. Even Gabe, after taking a moment's breath, returned to cuddling at Vance's side. After making sure there were no more complaints, the teams settled back into their seats to watch the rest of the matches unfold. Some were long and tedious, and others were short and bright and loud. All of the contenders looked like worthy opponents, and before long, Round 2 had met its end, leaving the three teams to head back to their residences. Reyna kept a frantic eye about for Lev, wanting to ensure that he and Sylvia made up before hitting the transport, but her search was to no avail. Either he was lagging behind, or he had already gone ahead. Either way, the pinkette was irritated. Of course, the same could be said for Reese and Abby, who were more concerned with butting heads than looking out for the ravenette. Sora saw everyone safely onto the transport, and Seymour saw to Sylvia. Everyone else had their own thoughts to mull over on the transport, so the rest of the ride passed by in easy silence.

Back at the dorm, Reyna was all too happy to stomp through the door to SLVR's room, but quickly halted her advance at what met her eyes. Face-down and recently awoken was Lev, his hair carefully aligned down the center of his back in order to preserve the design. The pinkette quickly pieced things together, well aware that Lev never did things with his hair, and relaxed as she made it to her bed. After looking between the two partners, Reyna figured it'd be best not to ask any questions. Lev, meanwhile, kept his eyes on his leader, wondering if she'd make a comment now, or wait until the morning. Maybe she wouldn't say anything at all, but unlike last time, Lev wasn't going to open his mouth about it. His meddling had done enough, it seemed...

Sylvia smiled as she was brought back into the middle of things, frowning when she noticed Lev hadn't followed her. She tried not to worry about it too much, simply focusing on watching the rest of the matches with her friends and talking with Seymour. It was fun to point out strategies and simply not worry about things for a while. However, Sylvia noted how irritated Reyna was and sighed. Hopefully either she could explain or Lev could explain once they got back to their dorm. So Sylvia simply followed along, letting Seymour see to her as he saw fit. Vance felt his earlier worries and anxieties melt away as he cuddled his boyfriend, ready to just call it a night.

Once SLVR got back to the dorm, Sylvia felt relieved as she saw Lev lying on his bed, the braid she made still preserved. Thankfully, Reyna didn't comment and instead just minded her own business. Vance practically flopped onto his own bed, ready to fall asleep. As much as Sylvia wanted to let her team rest, she needed to sort things out. "All right, guys, I know we all kinda want to just sleep and relax after today's events but we need to discuss a few things. First thing's first, I want to hear who you guys think should go to the next round. I know my own opinions, but I also know I might not have the best idea so I want to hear you guys first before I make any decisions. I know this could technically wait until tomorrow, but I'd rather give whoever we send into the third round a bit more time to prepare and figure things out." She ran a hand through her hair, looking over her teammates as she waited for their opinions.

Vance perked up as Sylvia started her announcements, curious as to what else the silverette wanted to talk about. Biting his lip, he waited for Lev and Reyna to voice their opinions before he stated his own. He knew it would be amazing to go to the third round. Thinking of the great fights they could get in, the proud look his family would give him once he called, a congratulatory kiss from Gabe... It was hard not to volunteer himself outright. However, despite his desire to get straight into the thick of things, he knew his teammates, especially Lev, were far better at deciding who would be the best shot at getting them a high ranking in the Vytal Tournament. So, he waited for their opinions.

Lev didn't move from his spot, eyes still lingering on Sylvia as she spoke her piece. Even though she was giving the whole team free reign to say what they wanted, Lev didn't have the energy, nor the will to impose. Once was enough, especially if it was going to put Sylvia through so much stress. "...just do what you think'd be best..." the ravenette mumbled from the side of his mouth before closing his eyes. After looking at Vance and Reyna, he knew they'd be putty to convince, but that's not what Lev wanted. At the end of it all, Sylvia was the one he was trying to convince the most, and he wasn't about to talk 'til his tongue bled just to get shot down by another vote.

Reyna looked at Lev, biting the inside of her lip as she remembered their talk at the concession stand. It was strange that he wasn't jumping on the chance to get his opinions in, but at the same time, she recalled just how hurt he sounded. He might've been vague in saying what was wrong, but she got the gist of things, and opted to leave him be. This wasn't something she could help with if she tried. "I-I'm kinda unsure, Sylvia. You both did really good out there today...I mean, we made it to the finals! I think from here on out, we should just do what feels best, yeah?" Reyna gave her chin a scratch and tried her best not to glance at Lev. Sure, she wanted everyone to have fun, but without Lev's facts and stats crowding the air, the conversation felt flat and empty. Reyna could only shrug her shoulders before flopping on her bed with a sigh, leaving the decision to the last two standing.

Sylvia frowned as Lev left it to her. She had expected him to at least throw his lot in on who he thought would be better. It would have definitely been easier for her to make a decision if he could throw some kind of facts or stats. Reyna didn't help as she basically just left it to her and Vance to make a decision. Sighing, the silverette turned to Vance to hear his opinion on everything. As she waited, the silverette hoped her teammates wouldn't fall asleep just yet. She still had some more things to discuss after all.

Vance fidgeted, unsure what to do now that Lev hadn't given him a lead to go off of. Reyna hadn't done much better as she basically just handed it to him and Sylvia. Biting his lip, Vance tried to think of who should go. It proved fruitless as he gave up and sighed. "I really would like to go to the next round. It'd be super fun to beat up some people one on one... But I don't know if that's the best choice. So whatever you decide, Sylvia, I'll go along with." With the pressure fully pushed off of himself, the wolf boy leaned back and waited for the verdict.

Of course she couldn't count on Vance to help her. The silverette sighed, about to just announce Vance as their representative for the third round when she paused. Hadn't she had a whole talk with Lev earlier about having faith in her teammates? While this would technically be a show of faith in Vance, she had to remember what Lev said. As strange as it felt to admit it, Sylvia was a better battlefield mind out of her team. She could handle the pressure and act accordingly. While she wasn't necessarily the strongest, she was the most clever in terms of moment to moment planning and decision making. Lev had said so, and if all of the studying with him taught her anything, it was that he knew his stuff. While Vance was indeed strong, he didn't have the strategic mind that Sylvia had. If she went off of that, then the answer was obvious. Sighing, the silverette tried to prepare herself.

"If this had been earlier, I would have said we should send you, Vance..." The silverette chewed her lip as the wolf boy prepared for the 'but'. "But, I managed to talk with Lev earlier after our match and he mentioned something about having a little more faith. After really, truly thinking through what Lev said yesterday, I think we should send me in." Sylvia straightened, starting to defend her decision despite the complete lack of argument against it. "While I know you're probably stronger out of the two of us, I've got the battlefield mind. I can make the quick decisions and change up my strategy on the go. Vance, your main tactics are going in head first and using your semblance to try and overpower your opponents. While that might work in some cases, right now we're facing the best of these teams and we need to be able to think on our toes. So, with that in mind, I'm going in for the third round." Sylvia braced herself, almost as if she were waiting for the backlash that screamed of how arrogant she was to try and assume she would be the best fit.

Vance simply smiled and shrugged as he started to gather his pajamas. "Okay! I know you'll do great tomorrow, Sylvia!" He didn't even bat an eye as Sylvia stared, watching her teammates easily accept her decision, even almost glad about it. Vance hummed as he pulled his pajama pants on, forgoing a shirt as he did most nights to flop on his bed.

Gaping like a fish, Sylvia tried to process what had happened until she realized her team was readying for bed. "Wait a minute, guys, I still have a couple more things I need to talk to you guys about. They'll be quick, I promise." She reassured as she saw Vance droop but still turn to listen. "Okay, now, I just wanted to tell you guys about what happened in and after the match today because your my teammates and you should know when I'm having trouble because if I just bottle it up then it'll bring the whole team down. I'm fine though! Lev helped talk me through it a bit, but it's just... Back in our second round match the guy I faced against called me some nicknames that hit me a bit too hard. He called me 'Led legs' and 'Tin toes'." Vance sat up straight, looking almost ready to bit something through as he bared his teeth and glared. "It's okay though! I'm over it now, but I didn't want to bring it up in front of SPHR because they didn't know and I didn't want to bother you guys with some silly nick names. However, I should have just told you guys outright because then Lev wouldn't have had to come try and deal with me sobbing in the corner outside of the arena." Running a hand through her hair, Sylvia tried to get to the point. "Anyway, so that really hurt and I'm sorry for keeping it from you guys. I'm doing better now, but I should have just gone to you all in the first place and trusted you more with that. So I'm sorry."

Vance relaxed as Sylvia noted that she was doing okay, still casting a concerned glance over her way. Before he could speak up, the silverette started to speak again. "Speaking of trust, I wanted to talk to you guys about SPHR. I know we only met them recently, but they seem like they could be good friends and I don't want to start it off with a bunch of lies and hiding so I was thinking... I thought... I want to show them my legs." Sylvia paused, trying to gather her words. "I'm kinda really nervous about this, and I'd really prefer to avoid this altogether, but I think they could be great friends in the future and I don't want that ruined because I was too scared to show off something that's a part of me and that I'm proud of making. So, I wanted to hear what you guys thought before I kinda went through with it. It'd have to be someplace private and probably soon since they're leaving back to Atlas after the whole tournament, but I'd still like to do it." She left it at that, waiting for her teammates to give their opinions.

Lev was fully intent on going to sleep the second he said his piece, but his silver haired companion surprised him. He picked himself up to a sitting position as Sylvia explained her newfound decision. Every time his name came up, Lev felt his heart lurch. Sure he had made a few helpful comments, but for the silverette to be so forthright about it caught him off-guard. Of course, that wasn't even the kicker. Once again being forthright, Sylvia let the whole team know about their moment outside the stands. Lev fidgeted with his braid as he listened, trying and failing to hide the smile on his face. Equal parts pride and honor perked him up from his exhaustion, happy that he was able to make some kind of difference in his leader's mindset. At her final declaration, Lev kicked his feet back onto the bed and stretched, eager to go to bed now that he was in a better mood.

"I'll bet Haku would appreciate the gesture." the ravenette spoke up with a yawn. "At the very least, they already seem dead-set on being friendly. I say go for it." And with that, Lev buried his head into his pillow, unconcerned with the fate of his braid now that he was done with the day.

Reyna, meanwhile, was still digesting everything Sylvia had said. She looked to Lev, then to Sylvia, then back to Lev, then back to Sylvia, wondering if she was seeing what she thought she was seeing... "It's alright." Reyna began, giving Sylvia a quick hug before moving back to her bedside. "I'm glad you decided to let us know, even if it was after the fact...I guess even Lev can have some useful things to say, now and then." The pinkette snickered, then took another moment to think before answering Sylvia's final thoughts. "I...I think that'd be really cool, Sylvia." Reyna finally replied, coming out of her thoughts with a tired smile. "O'course, we'll be there too, just to make sure they know how cool you really are!"

"Mmmyeah, cool as a mom can be." Lev quipped from his pillow with a chuckle. Reyna simply rolled her eyes before following the ravenette's lead, falling asleep soon after hitting her pillow.

Vance was quick to agree with his teammates, smiling at his leader in hopes to reassure her. "Yeah, that'd be awesome! We'll be with you and they'll get to see just how great you really are! Cause you're super cool!" The faunus flopped onto his bed, shuffling around as he tried to settle into sleep.

Sylvia blinked, before smiling in relief as her teammates showed their support. She laughed and chucked a nearby shirt at Lev as he made his comment. "Hey, I am totally cool! Now you all get into bed before I have to tuck you all in! We gotta get up bright and early tomorrow." With a weight off her chest and a pleasant buzz running through her veins, Sylvia got to work fixing up her prosthetics and adding a little extra something for the match tomorrow. Tomorrow was going to be a good day.

Tomorrow wasn't going to be a good day.

The silverette woke the next morning nearly panicking as she realized just what she had done the night before. She was going to go into the third round. She was going head to head against some of the strongest the world had to offer. Sure, they were still first years and weren't expected to get far, but Sylvia could feel the pressure to perform well and prove herself start to mount. She couldn't help all of her fidgeting as she loaded her legs full of ammo, surprisingly putting in both some dust she had stashed away and regular old ammo, and double checked her boots. It took Vance physically dragging the silverette out of the room to finally get her moving towards the transport. As Vance bounced excitedly, wanting to see all the tournament had to offer, Sylvia was a nervous wreck as she went over different strategies she had learned, trying to remember all of the winning teams and what they all could do from the tournament. The silverette could only hope she didn't end up against AZUL. She knew if she got far enough, she just might, but she didn't want to think of what would happen if she ended up in a one on one with the icy emperor himself.

The next morning went about as well as Lev could've expected. Sylvia was a mess, already having misgivings about the decision she made. Lev simply shook his head with a smirk as everyone got ready for the day. "You'll be fine, Syv. We don't have anything more to prove now that we've made it to the finals." He knew the words would go through one ear and out the other, but it didn't phase him much. With a shrug, he hung at Sylvia's side for the rest of the morning, reviewing the teams he had seen while going over strategies. Once SLVR got to the transport, Lev reluctantly let Seymour take the spot next to his partner, hoping that it'd at least help the silverette's nerves in the long run.

"I hope you have been doing well since yesterday." The gazelle faunus began, looking into his own palms, trying to summon the focus that the day would require of him. "To think that we have both come so far in such a grand event...it steals my breath still. Let us both do our best, Sylvia!" Seymour gave the silverette an encouraging smile, eagerness to press on with the day present in his features.

"You two really are something." Sora leaned over the seat to give his two fellow leaders a wink. "My team and I will have to come back extra strong someday 'n show you up. We didn't work for a good week on our entrance for nothing!" Sora laughed, and Seymour chuckled along with him. Banter continued in that fashion until the transport arrived at the colosseum. From there, everyone was quick to find their seats. With Lev finally around, both Abby and Reese were happily occupied. Abby wasn't even trying to hide her self-imposed relationship with the ravenette at this point, latching her arm to his while glaring at Reese, who was doing the same exact thing. Lev, meanwhile, was wholly focused on the arena. Not even the vicious tugs of the two self-confident girls at his side could shake his focus.

Meanwhile, Gabe sat Vance down alongside him with a smile, though his smile was cut short by Penn's arrival. The coyote simply nodded his head, noting the lack of appreciation at his presence, and put a hand on Gabe's shoulder. "Hey, 'bout yesterday. I just wanted to say the offer's still open, y'know, if you ever need it. Family's family, after all." With that, Penn took his hand away, shrugged with a grin, and took a seat by the rest of his team. Gabe's eyes narrowed after him for a moment, but he quickly returned his attention and affection to Vance, despite being more silent than usual.

-

"It's the FINAL DAY, Dee! Can you believe it?"

"Not in the slightest, Dum! If you told me today's lineup three days ago, I would've sworn you were pulling my leg!"

"But there's no leg-pulling here, Dee! And certainly no punch-pulling, either! Our combatants have been sifted out, and now they'll have to put everything on the line to take the gold."

"Well there's no need to dance about it now! Let's get the show on the road! It's time to begin the Final Round!"

-

The day started off like a gunshot: Fast, brutal, and out of nowhere. Every match seemed to come down to final blows. There wasn't a single ring out, nor were there any instantaneous wins. Raw power emanated from the field with each set of combatants as more and more people revealed what they were truly made of. The hopes and dreams resting on each fighter was apparent in every match made. There was crying, laughing, cheering, yelling...there was frustration, anger, doubt, fear...there was encouragement, hope, heart, peace... Emotions abounded through each clash. It was a battle of will just as much of brawn or brains. Then, a bit more than half way into the bracket, the announcement was made:

AZULE STORM vs SEYMOUR SHEN

Seymour's fingers tensed in the middle of massaging Sylvia's hand. Slowly, he turned to her, taking a deep breath before putting on a smile. "...Let us do our best, Sylvia!" He encouraged before picking himself up. After meeting the stunned and scared gazes of his teammates, as well as Sylvia's, he set out to prepare for the coming fight.

Last edited:
Sylvia tried to take Lev's words to heart, but couldn't really focus on them as she realized oh my gods she could be going against Azule for all she knew. The mere thought sent shivers up her spine, though they calmed as she met up with Seymour. She tried to smile back at him as he set about encouraging her. "Right." She had been prepared to sit back and stew in her thoughts when Sora piped up, noting that he and his team had to step it up so they could show SLVR and SAGE up. Sylvia smiled, her nerves dulling a bit as she enjoyed the banter between the three teams. Soon enough they were in the arena, sitting down and getting ready to see what all the day had for them.

As Gabe pulled him down, Vance happily followed. He prepared to just enjoy watching the next few matches with his boyfriend when Penn came over. Vance paused, opening his mouth to apologize to the coyote boy, but he didn't get the chance. Vance's ears perked up at the last bit of Penn's offer. Family... Gabe hadn't mentioned anything about a family outside of not caring for it. Looking down at his boyfriend, Vance rose an eyebrow. When he got nothing, the wolf boy simply shrugged and returned to his affectionate cuddling while waiting for the matches to start. He trusted Gabe. If the panther boy had something to tell him, then he would.

The matches proved exhilarating, each one going down to the wire and becoming more intense than the last. While Sylvia waited anxiously for her own match, she could feel herself relax as Seymour gently massaged her hand. Everything seemed to be going well when the next match was announced. Immediately, Sylvia tensed. Her blood grew ice cold as pure horror fell on her face. Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no. She turned to Seymour, meeting his bright gaze with worried eyes. This was the exact thing she had feared the whole tournament. As her mind went through worse and worse scenarios, Seymour started to head down the stairs. No, wait, she couldn't leave him with just a horrified stare. No, she had to say something! Show her support! Standing up with shaking arms, Sylvia cupped her mouth before shouting, "GIVE HIM ALL YOU GOT, SEYMOUR!" After standing for a few more moments, the silverette slumped back into her seat and waited for the bloodbath to begin. She could only pray that Seymour got out of this without any serious injuries.

It didn't take long for the combatants to appear on the field. This time around, there were no biomes to populate the field, effectively cutting the size of the arena down to a fifth of its previous size. Then it was raised up into the air, and the big screen displays were pulled back. It was Seymour and Azule, facing each other on a pedestal for the entire colosseum to see. Once the field reached the pinnacle of its ascent, the audience hushed. The whole experience felt ritualistic; a whole different energy from the 4v4s and 2v2s.

Then the countdown began. Ellie was crying on Reyna's shoulder. Gabe, for the first time in forever, had his focus completely locked on Seymour rather than Vance, and Abby, though clinging tighter to Lev's arm, had her eyes locked to the field, and her teeth clenched in anticipation. SPHR all seemed to hold their breath as the timer ticked down, Reyna gnawed on her lip, trying to chew away the nerves, and Lev, most focused of them all, watched Azule with eyes like a hawk. He had to learn plenty of harsh lessons about himself after his first loss against the Azure Emperor, so to make up for it, he'd see everything Azule was capable of, memorize it, and return the favor someday.

Fighters, to your marks!

Then came the countdown, then the buzzer, and then the battle had begun. Azule began with a show of force: A flash freeze that even the barrier between him and the crowd had trouble keeping at bay. The whole colosseum felt a slight chill as the dust settled, revealing the stage frozen over in glossy ice. Gasps resonated from the crowd in premature shock, assuming it was all over for the gazelle boy...

And yet, standing firm in a pile of slush stood Seymour, eyes closed and palms pressed together, just as he often stood by Sylvia as they sparred. The crowd renewed their gasps in impressed surprise, but Azule beat them to the reaction. The moment Seymour appeared unharmed, the scythe-bearer lifted his hand and narrowed his eyes. It was as if the entire field was under Azule's control as spikes of ice rose up from the ground, baring themselves at the faunus. Bo staff in hand, Seymour braced himself for a sprint. It seemed like everything before then had been a formality, as the next moments sent the fight into spirals.

From their standstill, both opponents made an immediate dash for an advantageous position. Azule raised his scythe against Seymour while covering blind spots with ice, while Seymour danced around blows with the grace and poise his animal counterpart offered him. Of course, that could only be determined by those with a discerning eye, as the two fought in a blur. Seymour proved to be faster than anyone would have thought as he worked around the icy prince's attacks, barely scraping by the black blade of the vicious scythe he wielded. Then something...different, happened. Azule very definitively threw his weapon away, tossing it off the field all while looking as calculated as ever. It looked like Seymour was taking advantage of a horribly misplaced swing, but when Azule took hold of his bo to counter, it was clear who had the advantage.

At that point on the screen, a major deficit was apparent. Seymour was down to 50% while Azule rested at a comfortable 75%. The rapid freezing of Seymour's staff seemed to put an end to any hope he had, but after feeling the chill against his hand, the faunus relinquished his weapon before he could lose any more aura, and, in a bold move, pressed forward with confidence. Every step caused Seymour's percent to drop though, and to the crowd, it seemed unwarranted, but both competitors could clearly see the field of icy needles under their feet. Azule had been prepared. Seymour was not. Each movement of the faunus's foot saw shards of ice pressing deep into his skin, his fingers looked like they were freezing over, his hair was stiff as he moved, and all the while, Azule picked up the pace.

It was with Seymour at 20% and Azule at 60% that the battle shifted. Azule had kept his assault at varying distances to keep counter chances at a minimum, but in a split second, Seymour broke from his defensive habits and took a close range blow straight to the chest. Then he took Azule's wrist before the blue haired boy could back away, drove him into the ground by his collar, and dug one finger into his neck, and the other into his ribcage. Two seconds later, the buzzer sounded.

Azule Storm: 0%

Seymour Shen: 0%

DRAW

Seymour picked himself up from Azule's form, taking slow, deep breaths. A deep sage-green sheen passed over the faunus, indicating that his aura had indeed run completely dry. The same occurred with Azule, a brief flash of blue shimmering briefly over his body before leaving him unconscious. Medical teams rushed out much faster than any time before, taking both competitors off the field in a rush of commotion. Murmurs were making their way through the crowd, unease filling the space that the match's silence had left. Will they be okay? Did Azule die? 0%? What did that kid do? Cheater? Illegal? Assassin? Murderer?

SAGE didn't know how to take it all. Ellie was biting back her tears, hiccuping as quiet as she could. Gabe was squeezing Vance's hand as tight as possible, though by the look on his face, it didn't seem like he knew it. Abby had Lev in a similar position, but like Ellie, she had tears streaming down her face. Whether they were angry tears or upset tears, nobody could tell. Reyna had her hands folded, unsure of what she should be doing to help. She felt a strange sense of uselessness that ate at her gut as they waited to hear some kind of news. And Lev...Lev had seen it all. Azule had played the long game after his initial burst fell through. Seymour didn't drop at an instant, which meant that getting up close would mean dealing with a lot of mobility and power. Instead, he forced the gazelle boy to move into his own injuries while keeping the distance between them with his scythe...

But Seymour had been getting close since long before the last moments of the fight. Not once did Azule land a real blow against him. Meanwhile, his staff had been chipping away at the icy defenses, creating a chink in the Azure Emperor's efficient defense. Azule saw it, and changed the playing field as fast as possible. From then on, Seymour had simply been biding his time. In short, Azule had played everything perfectly...but Seymour knew the game before Azule could play it. Lev swallowed hard as the reality hit him that Seymour might not be as harmless and cute as he made himself seem. Not in the slightest...

Before the crowd could erupt in further panic, an intercom quickly sounded off with the slow, familiar drawl of Dr. Monarch:

"Remain calm, ladies and gentlemen...Both combatants are healthy and unharmed. Because he was the last hunter standing, Seymour Shen has been chosen to proceed to his next match after a full recovery. Matches will proceed as planned."

And with that, everyone seemed to slump a few inches down into their seats, letting out one large, simultaneous sigh of relief. SAGE still looked a bit worried, but otherwise, everything relaxed. After a few minutes' break, matches continued on. Gabe eventually got antsy enough to check on his leader, returning with the news that he would be remaining in the health bay until Azule woke up and they were both determined fit to leave.

The whole match nearly gave Sylvia a heart attack. She sat tense, watching every move. She held her breath most of the match, praying at the very least Seymour would make it out in one piece. Every blow exchanged, every change in strategy left the silverette on the edge of her seat. Just as it seemed Seymour was going to lose, the final blow was exchanged. Sylvia bit her lip, waiting for the final verdict. Draw. The gazelle boy had managed a draw. If she wasn't so worried for his health, Sylvia might have celebrated. Her classmate (and maybe crush? She wasn't sure) had managed to get into a draw with the Azure Emperor himself. That fact alone spoke of his skill which made the silverette immeasurably proud. However, that pride was shoved down until she heard herself what had happened. Hearing that Seymour was indeed alive and fine left her slumping down in her seat in relief. Everything was going to be okay. With Gabe's reassurance, Sylvia turned back to see who would fight the next match.

SYLVIA SLATER vs MASAKO HIMURA

A shock ran through their group as Sylvia realized she didn't get time to calm down from the intensity of the previous fight. The girl she was facing against didn't sound familiar as she was from Haven. Standing up, Sylvia tried to put on a smile as she turned to her friends. "Wish me luck, guys!" She waved before heading down to prepare for the fight. Vance was already cheering for her, still keeping a tight hold on Gabe's hand as he waited for Sylvia's fight to begin.

Once in the arena, Sylvia could see that her opponent was the cocky type. Holding a large scythe, Masako grinned maliciously as she watched the silverette like she was mere prey. "Heh, another small fry. Pay attention, little girl. This isn't going to end in a draw I'm not a weakling like your little 'Azure Emperor' over there. Now, why don't you give me a good show?" The girl tilted her head, her scarlet bun flopping to the side with her tilt.

Sylvia took in a deep breath, smiling back at her opponent. "I'll do my best." With that, the countdown started. As soon as the starting buzzer hit, both girls were off. They clashed, silver blades meeting the bright blade of the scythe for a few blows before Masako quickly gained the upper hand. Within the first few minutes, Sylvia was left desperately trying to dodge and block as Masako relentlessly beat into her opponent. Her scythe bit into Sylvia's aura as Sylvia tried to find some kind of opening, some kind of advantage where she could grapple her into a kick or at the very least get something in. She didn't even get the chance to try and switch her blades out when Masako was back on her, quickly pulling Sylvia's leg out from her and using the silverette's unbalanced state to her advantage. Once Sylvia's aura reached 60%, she flipped out of combat, panting. Masako had only taken a small bit of damage, her aura standing proudly at 90%. She let Sylvia gather her breath, laughing as she watched the silverette's face darken in realization.

With the short time her opponent had given her, Sylvia tried to analyze the situation. This girl was obviously on Azul's level. No matter how hard she tried, she wasn't going to be able to get through just with her regular tactics. She needed something extra. She needed something to bring her to Masako's level... Biting her lip, Sylvia took in a deep breath before looking back at Masako with a determined face. She gave a running start before diving back into the fray.

At first, it seemed it would be a repeat of the beginning of the match, Sylvia trying to dodge while getting hit. Everything spoke of this being an easy win for Masako... Then something changed. No matter where the red head tried to aim, her scythe started to miss Sylvia. Masako frowned, wondering what in the hell was going on. Growling, she doubled her attack with little results. No matter what she tried, she just wasn't hitting Sylvia.

Sylvia watched her opponent, focused as she dodged and retaliated. Bit by bit, Masako's aura was starting to drain. She switched between her guns and blades faster than before, hitting the red head with her blade before shooting her with a dust powered shot. In all of her fights, Sylvia had never been able to switch between the two modes so quickly, especially with dust which she hadn't tested until now. While she fought, she managed to dodge every swing aimed for her. The tables had turned drastically, Masako's aura quickly dropping below Sylvia's while she managed to stay at a steady 60%.

Seeing as a heads on approach wasn't working, Masako jumped back and started to shift her weapon, turning it into a rifle. Growling, the red head started to shoot at Sylvia. Every shot missed, even just by a hair as Sylvia danced around the bullets, making her way closer to her opponent. As Sylvia fought, her eyes blazed a silvery green. It seemed as if the girl had fire around her eyes as she flipped and spun, shooting at her opponent only to have her blade shoot out of the barrel of her gun and catch Masako off guard.

No matter what Masako tried, she couldn't get a single hit on the silver haired girl. Sylvia kept beating her opponent down, her boots seemingly pulling a new combination of gun and blade out of every turn. With her blazing green eyes, Sylvia brought a roundhouse kick, ending the fight with a blare. Masako groaned on the ground, trying to figure out just what had happened. How did this newbie manage to defeat her? One of the best in Mistral?

Sylvia blinked as she faintly heard the buzzer calling for the end of the fight. Who had won? Was everything over? Her green blaze faded from her eyes as Sylvia watched Masako be lead off of the field. Oh. So they were supposed to go back to that waiting room area. Good. Hopefully her team could explain what... Her world started to spin as Sylvia tripped over herself. She was unconscious before she even hit the ground. Immediately, medics ran into action to carry the exhausted silverette off to the med bay.

Vance had worried Sylvia would end up destroyed by this new girl, but was quickly cheering as Sylvia took the upper hand. His eyes practically sparkled as he saw just what his leader was capable of. That glow around her eyes had to have been her semblance at work. The wolf boy had to wonder why she had never dared to use it before. It clearly gave her an advantage on the battlefield and made her all the more powerful. He practically screamed himself hoarse as Sylvia was declared the winner, her aura still sitting at a very respectable amount. He bounced, ready to continue screaming his pride when Sylvia started to fall. Immediately, the faunus boy shut up. Something was wrong. Something was incredibly, undeniably wrong with his leader. He fidgeted, trying to keep himself from bolting straight to the med bay to check on her.

Back in the medbay, it took a good ten minutes before Sylvia started to come to. She blinked, quickly shutting her eyes tight as the light tried to blind her. She groaned, her head already starting to pound as she shielded her eyes against the far too bright ceiling lights. "Who turned the lights on so bright...?" She mumbled, slowly moving her arm so she could acclimate herself to her surroundings and figure out just where she was. So far, she could tell she was in a medbay and her brain would explode from how much it was pounding.

Last edited:
It was one gut-wrencher after the next as Sylvia was called to the stage. Lev immediately picked himself up in his seat to resume his watchful gaze over the field, and everyone else cheered her on with as much energy as they could muster. Reyna was the only one biting her nails at the sight of her opponent. The pinkette decided she might as well hold her tongue until after the tournament, but it didn't make watching any easier. At least, she thought, moving her teeth from her nail to the base of her thumb, she won't be as worried as she would've been against Azule...

The battle seemed to go as everyone predicted, with Sylvia not having a supposed "combat-viable" semblance to support her and whatnot. It didn't stop them from cheering her on though. Even Lev was having his doubts, wondering if this would really be his leader's limit. Then it happened: The subtle shift from losing to winning. Lev's eyes opened wide after Masako missed a few swings. So it was real... He thought, brushing his bangs away and leaning forward. The memory stung, but it was there none-the-less: The mass of weapons that floated before his leader, moments before losing consciousness... It all flooded back, the before and the after, haunting the ravenette like a bad dream. The crying, the talking, the hospital nights, more crying. Lev did his best to remained focused. He fell in battle before he could see what Sylvia could do with her semblance the last time. He wouldn't miss that chance again.

Reyna's eyes blew open once she caught the gist of what Sylvia was up to. She began to suck on her palm to keep from screaming at the top of her lungs. The fact that she was winning, much less surviving, was almost scary to the pinkette. It made her wonder, How does she plan on explaining this to us?

Ellie was still crying, though she was hopping up and down in excitement too, keeping her hands on Reyna's arm to remain balanced through all the excitement. She had been fretting so much since the whole leg-loss incident, but to see Sylvia kicking a pro into the dirt put a mix of emotions into the cow girl that she just hadn't been prepared for.

Abby was, by far, the most unreserved of everyone. She wasn't screaming for Sylvia, she was roaring, demanding the silverette win. Her semblance didn't even come as a shock to the lioness; it simply made her roar louder.

And of course, SPHR, gathered under the whoops and hollers of Sora, had their fists raised in the air, their feet on the chairs, and their voices as loud as they'd go, cheering for Sylvia the moment her comeback started.

Seeing Sylvia fall was, honestly, all a part of the process.

Lev had been expecting it, though he wished he hadn't. Backlash for a power that Sylvia held back so often was only to be factored in. Even so, it left a poor taste in his mouth. Though he wanted to go make sure she was alright, there were no crowd members allowed in the facilities, regardless of affiliation. Gabe had been lucky to get a message to relay, so Lev wasn't about to push his luck. Reyna, though plenty more panicked about Sylvia's condition after the match, retained the same mindset as her ravenette teammate. There wasn't much to do but wait and hope. So one by one, everyone took their seats, waiting and hoping.

-

"Sylvia?"

The voice came soft at first, noting her movements and acclimation to the room. Then it repeated.

"Sylvia?"

Seymour stood at the silverette's side, her free hand in his. He wore a warm, exhausted smile.

"You're in the medical room, Sylvia. You won!"

Despite his soft voice, Sylvia couldn't help but wince as she shut her eyes and tried to tell the pounding in her head to just quiet down. "Ah, Seymour, I'm sorry, but just... Could you be just a bit quieter?" She massaged the bridge of her nose, using the warmth from Seymour's hand to help try and relax her. Feeling the pounding lessen if only just a bit, the silverette adjusted so she could properly talk to her friend. "Sorry, I just... I'm kinda dealing with a lot of payback for using my semblance like I did. Everything's kinda just too much right now..." Taking in just what Seymour had said, Sylvia froze then turned to the gazelle boy. "Wait, I won? What? I just... Nevermind, you! Seymour that was amazing!" Despite her tired body and her screaming head, Sylvia managed to put some enthusiasm and sheer awe in her voice.

Trying to sit up a bit, Sylvia continued to speak. "You took on Azul! One of the-if not the best hunter in Beacon! And you won! Sure, it was a draw, but you still managed to get that far with him! And you made it out mostly in one piece! Gods, Seymour I could just kiss you right now!" The silverette smiled at her friend, ever proud and excited for him when she realized just what she had said. Her smile dropped into a surprised 'o' as her face started to burn five different shades of red. "I-I mean, not that we have to! We definitely shouldn't kiss... N-not that I wouldn't want to! I mean, I totally would love to kiss you! I mean! No, that's not-I just-I really admire you! And you always make me feel all tingly inside so of course I would think you're cute! N-not that you're cute! I mean you are and I definitely think you're attractive and wouldn't mind having something a little more than friendship, but-but that couldn't really happen because of course you don't like me that way! I mean we're friends, great friends! I don't want to ruin that! I just-I should stop talking before I dig myself an even deeper hole." Sylvia quickly shut her mouth, trying to hide away in the stupid thin blanket the medbay provided her as she tried to get away from the evidently awkward and possibly friendship-ruining conversation ahead of her. She wished she could go back to before when there was just Lev teasing her about a crush that could never be.

Seymour nodded in compliance to Sylvia's request, hushing himself to hear her out...of course, the moment she started blushing, so did he. Her comment about the kiss brought about a brighter smile to his face, and it only continued to grow as Sylvia dug her hole. Before she could pull her blanket over her head, the gazelle boy stopped her, placing one hand against the blanket, and the other gently over her eyes. Then he leaned down and gave the silverette a kiss. It was nothing deep or intense; He barely touched his lips to hers, making sure his hand blocked the sight. Then, with a quiet chuckle, he lifted Sylvia's blanket over her head, making sure her eyes would be covered before finally removing his hand.

"I'm going to stay here with Azule, at least until he wakes up." Seymour whispered. "I am looking forward to our fight, so please, take your time and rest." Then he passed from one room to the next, leaving Sylvia to recover.

Sylvia couldn't even blink as Seymour moved in, his lips just grazing hers before he pulled away. His chuckle made her shiver. Before she could even properly process what was happening, the silverette was tucked back into her little cocoon and Seymour was gone. She blinked, a bit glad for the muffled world the blanket brought, but her mind reeling from what just happened. Forty minutes later she was cleared to go back to her friends. The world didn't seem so overwhelmingly bright or loud, though Sylvia still walked mostly as if she were in a daze. Had the last hour really happened? It didn't feel real as Sylvia walked up the steps towards her friends, quietly making her way back to her seat. As soon as the silverette sat down, Vance pounced.

"SYLVIA!" The silverette flinched as Vance turned to stare at her, worry tainting his eyes as he started to rant. "Are you okay?! We saw you faint and I was so worried I just wanted to see you in the med bay but we couldn't go see you so we just had to wait. What was wrong? What happened? You looked so cool out there using your semblance and fighting like that! How come you never fight like that regularly? Why did you faint? Are you feeling okay? Do you need to go back to the med bay? Are you nervous to fight Seymour? Does your head hurt? How can I help?" Sylvia didn't get a chance to respond as the wolf boy basically turned into a brotherly version of her own mothering. No matter how hard she tried to reassure Vance, either her words wouldn't come or Vance was already speaking over her.

Vance said the first word, but it took little else for everyone to start talking at once. Where is Seymour? How did you do that? Did you know who you were fighting against? Was that your semblance? What is your semblance? Are you feeling alright? Your aura wasn't down, so why did you faint? Is everything okay? You look a bit dazed. Did they give you something in the medbay? Congratulations! Hey, you're going up against Seymour next! Did you see the bracket? Are you ready? Do you want to get something to eat? I can go get something for you if you're still lightheaded. Just say the word! Hey, what about Seymour? Yeah and Azule! Can we-

"QUIET!"

Everyone...Everyone, silenced at once, turning their heads to meet the glare of their resident ravenette, who had been sitting a few rows up, watching in frustration as everyone swarmed around Sylvia. Nobody would've believed he could shout so loud; it felt like a solid sixth of the colosseum had heard his command and obeyed. After making sure everyone had settled, Lev began to say his piece.

"Take a sec to relax, Syv. Feel free to tell us what happened out there."

The swarm of questions was suffocating. Sylvia nearly wanted to run away when somebody shouted everyone into silence. Blinking, Sylvia turned to see Lev standing and glaring down at the rest of their friends. Hearing him tell her to relax, the silverette smiled and sent a thankful smile towards her partner. Taking a deep breath, Sylvia tried to prepare herself to answer at least a few of the questions the others had for her. "Um... Well, first thanks Lev. I just... I'm still a bit woozy from earlier so that's kinda why I look dazed. But! But I'll be good for my next fight! I did use my semblance. I don't really wanna explain it here so I'll just let you guys wonder for a bit and explain it later. I fainted because I used my semblance for too long and for another reason, but that has to do with what my semblance is. I'm fine now! Just a bit... sensitive I guess. Seymour is fine! He visited me in my room and basically just said he'd still be there until Azule woke up. Azule still isn't up though he's doing better. As for-wait, I'm fighting Seymour?!" The silverette blinked, her voice ending in a crack as she realized that she and Seymour were indeed slated to fight the next round. For a moment, a wave of horror swept through her. She'd have to fight her (boyfriend? crush?) friend in a tournament to prove who was the best. The thought sent chills down her spine.

The horror didn't last long. Sylvia blinked as she realized she was going to fight against Seymour. She had been trying to spar him for months with little to no success. This was her chance, her opportunity to finally fight the boy head on. Quickly, the chills turned into excited tingles. Her horrified expression quickly turned into one of glee. Finally, finally she was going to experience everything that Seymour was made of. She settled back in her seat, waiting for the announcement to come up.

Once the announcers called their match, Sylvia practically bounced down to get ready. For once, she didn't care whether she won or lost. She just wanted to see Seymour going at her with all he had. If he held back even just a bit, Sylvia wasn't sure she could forgive him for it. She had been waiting so long for this chance, had asked him to spar so many times. All of this culminated into this one match. In the back of her mind, Sylvia thought back to the kiss and wondered just what it meant. Had that really happened? Or had it simply been part of a dream as she tried to deal with the backlash of using her semblance on a foreign weapon for so long? She couldn't focus on the thoughts for too long as she entered the arena, getting ready to face Seymour and finally see just what the boy had been hiding from her in so many training sessions.

Lev was satisfied with Sylvia's answers, and he made sure everyone else was satisfied with them too. With that, the day seemed to calm down, and everyone felt that they could simply relax and enjoy the show. Cheering for teammates was fun and all, but nobody would deny that it was exhausting, especially when things got tense. For a little while, it felt like a large gang of friends were just hanging out together. SPHR held up on their word and bought everyone food before the second set of matches began, casual banter filled the space with cheerful voices, and overall, everyone was having a good time. Then the announcement went up calling Sylvia and Seymour down to the stage.

"Good luck, Syv!" Lev called out, immediately followed by a 10-man chorus of screams and yells of encouragement.

-

Seymour stood on the field patiently, waiting for his opponent to arrive. Once Sylvia was in sight, he gave her a wave and headed straight for her, greeting her as if they were on campus, casual as ever.

"Sylvia! I am glad to see that you are feeling better. Azule woke up a few moments ago, so hopefully after this, we can rejoin our friends together. I think Ellie will be glad to know that we, erm, 'sealed the deal.'" Seymour laughed in spite of himself, cheeks turning a hue of pink. "Though I must say, I did not expect you to be so forward. Of course...you did not, either." he winked.

Fighters, to your marks!

"Ah, let us talk more after this! Make sure you do not hold back!" Seymour called as he ran off to his position. Rather than his bo staff though, the gazelle pulled out the familiar tonfa that he always trained with. A few deep breaths saw him in a solid fighting stance. All that was left to do was wait for the timer.

Five!...Four!...Three!...Two!...One!...

And the battle began.

Sylvia smiled as Seymour greeted her, chuckling at the sheer luck in his timing as he noted Azure had awoken. Before the silverette could retort, she quickly found herself blushing along with Seymour. Oh. So the kiss had been real. She blinked, her mouth opening and closing like a fish as Seymour finished with a jab to not hold back. Snapping out of her lovesick haze, Sylvia shook her head and stared determinedly at Seymour. Despite her stare, she couldn't help but smile as the battle begun.

The girl shot off, running at Seymour with all she had. The faunus boy already knew everything about her fighting style. He had a major upper hand here. At the moment, she didn't really stand a chance to actually win this without some serious tricks up her sleeve. However, the girl wasn't really planning on winning. Sure, it'd be nice, but she was much more interested in pushing Seymour to whatever limits he had. She had seen just how hard he fought with Azule. Now, she wanted him to fight just as hard with her.

As Sylvia aimed her kicks, she started to talk with Seymour as if they were just walking through the halls. "Honestly, I wouldn't worry about me holding back." She twisted around, trying to get at the boy from some angle he hadn't seen before, pull some surprise to give him as fun of a fight as he deserved. "I'm more worried about you holding back on me! I haven't ever been able to fight with you during training, so this is my chance to see exactly what you got!" She smiled, trying to grapple and maneuver her way into a well-reaching spot. "Though, I see what you were doing there before the match! We are gonna talk after this, but I'm not gonna let it distract me from kicking your butt!" With that, Sylvia refocused on trying to give her classmate some sort of challenge. She was relentless in her attacks, though she held a smile that highlighted her freckled cheeks and made her eyes sparkle almost as they had when her eyes were flaming from her semblance.

"I am not sure what you are talking about!" Seymour laughed as Sylvia dashed at him. To repel her kicks, he put a single hand up and began moving her legs mid-flight. It was as though he was mimicking the way she used her semblance in her first battle. "Ellie has been bothering me for months, demanding that I ask a date of you. I thought the dance was a good start, but it seemed she was not satisfied." Her grapples met with the same fate; a single hand halting her progression, or redirecting it to an ineffective position. "Truthfully, when I saw that we were to fight, I made a plan to say my piece around this time. It would have been nice to get the jump on you like that, because for me, it would be a win-win!" Still with a single hand, Seymour utilized one of his tonfa to put distance between him and Sylvia, putting more force into his pushes as he toyed with the silverette.

After putting enough distance between them, the gazelle boy let his hand droop for a moment, shaking it out before switching to his other hand. "I am glad it played out this way, though. Now I can tell you that I will win this tournament for you!" With those words, Seymour made an intense and rapid approach, the first of his offensive maneuvers since the tournament started. After feigning his way through her defenses, the faunus placed a palm on his opponent's stomach, gentle and kind, as though they were back in the medbay. His smile was a bit more jolly, but was otherwise the same warm sort that he always offered Sylvia. "...let's meet halfway, hmm? If you use your semblance, I will use both of my hands at once." With that, he exerted the force he had been hiding from his friends since the start, and propelled Sylvia straight to the edge of the platform, just close enough for her to see the drop waiting for her if she continued to be hypocritical about holding back.

"So challenge me, Sylvia!" He called after her, waiting patiently for her to make a decision. "You know I know you want to!"