2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science-Fiction, Science-Fantasy, Magical Girl, Mystery, Slice of Life,
Recently, I have been getting massive slowdowns on Iwaku time and again. Firefox seems to hate the site especially, which is a big problem because I like to use Firefox. But Chrome is not free of it either. Every time I type a longer post or leave a tab open for too long, it seems that it causes inevitable slowdown. Refreshing usually solves the issue, at least on Chrome, but I have no idea what this could be.

Any ideas @Alan and @jared555 ?

I'm willing to bet this has something to do with the chat. The longer I sit on the chat page, the more memory is gobbled up by the browser -- Firefox or Chrome. The bug may or may not have been reported to the developer when the new chatbox was in the testing/bug reporting stage.

Outside of that, if you're using multiple sites in your browser at once, check to see that one of those isn't having an effect on your browser.

The chat may be the case. The slowdown is largely eliminated when I choose the chat windows but strangely, the problem is very recent as in it has started to occur only in the last couple of days. Was our chat system updated lately?

The chat was NOT updated recently! for reference. 8D The forum hasn't either for that matter. Nothing outside of style edits for styles no one can use right now.

I can't say that I've ever experienced this issue, and I typically have the chat open for entire workdays on my less-than-stellar work PC (sometimes multiple workdays if I forget to close the browser), and my work computer has its resources eaten up by dozens of other things at once.

I've never noticed anything like what you're describing. I'm wondering if it's maybe just your computer?

Something that may highlight what the issue really is: It seems to be periodical on Chrome. Sometimes, it spikes out really intensively and then it goes back to normal if I wait a little. I am not sure if it is my computer or not, because the laptop I use is getting very, very old. It is in its fourth year now.

Haven't had any issues of that sort, as you know I'm constantly in the ChatBox. Using Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.