Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Modern, Magical
Life After

b0ca0b844b8d3702a8d8e0eb047cd59b.jpg

Life had ended- oh, years ago now. No one remembered what it had been like, really. No one remembered why things changed. No one remembered what things were like Before. No one cared. The Change had, obviously, been violent in nature; better to forget. Better to move on.

Better to rebuild.

And rebuild we did, in the ruins and ashes of Before. We scavenge and explore, we grow and harvest, we build and expand. The process is slow; there's so few of us. Our grandparents found each other, ages ago, and each family had to settle where they could. We're spread out, probably ten miles at the farthest, and there's not more than forty or fifty of us altogether. We have to travel by horse, bicycle, or foot mostly; the electric cars and trucks have to be used sparingly, with the solar batteries being so small.

So we get by. It's hard work, and the little bit of reading we get to do is almost always to learn some other skill that we need to know. Leisure is a privilege, a brief respite we get after we've caught up on the work. Lucky, then, that the work is so rewarding. Lucky, then, that everyone pitches in.

•••​

Imagine if, at this moment, your modern life was over. War, plague, global warming. Pick your catastrophe. The How doesn't matter, save that the climate never changed or has returned to normal, and that it occurred a century prior to this story. All that matters is the indomitable will of humanity to rebuild.

Fifty years ago, a handful of families trekking across the fertile hills of the United States east coast found themselves in the bountiful forests and plains of abandoned Boston. Much of the town lay decimated, but as such, it was ripe for scavenging and settling. So they did, and with some struggle, they began to establish themselves.

This is the story of the grandchildren of the original settlers, looking to establish homesteads of their own. This is the story of the cooperation, and sometimes conflict, of those settlers, and of the lives that they made amongst the destruction of Before.

This is a casual slice of life RP, with an emphasis on interpersonal relationships over hard plot, save for that of "establish your character among the settlers as contributors to their tiny society". If accepted, I expect a weekly post of at least three paragraphs, with due consideration given to English grammar. Joint world building with me and other players will certainly be encouraged, and I'll do my best to keep a log of places and things as they are established.

This is as of this moment an interest check only, meant to see what interest it can garner from the Iwaku population. If this does spark your interest, I'd be very interested to see what concepts you may come up with for such a soft apocalypse.

Oh, huh, interesting. Slice of life in a post apocalyptic world, never seen that before. Imma watch!

I'm interested!

I'm interested.

Slice of life and post apocalypse? Consider me interested.

Am interested!

[[ Kinda reminds me of Earth Abides - which is a novel that details the life of a guy who himself lives through apocalypse (epidemic), but by the time he's an old man the story has settled on what kind of a society comes out of disaster and ruin, what things are forgotten because they're now irrelevant and what kinds of traditions come from new generations born after modernity. Anywho, sorry for the book plug ;P ]]

Alrighty, well, with five of y'all expressing interest, Imma get started on a sign-up thread.

How do y'all feel about discord? Given the nature of the RP, I feel like we all need to be on the same platform for general discussion, particularly as regards any plotting that might take place. We can either do a discord server or an Iwaku OOC thread; we'll go with the majority vote.
@chaosheart13 @PavellumPendulum @Zarko Straadi @SpookySableye @Jess Incognito

I'm personally fine with either iwaku or discord, so I'll go whichever one works best with everyone else.

Reactions: Red Thunder
I prefer discord but if no one else wants to use it Iwaku is okay for ooc too ^^

A vote for Discord, but I have no issue staying on the forum either.

I'm fine with a discord as well!

@chaosheart13 @PavellumPendulum @Zarko Straadi @SpookySableye @Jess Incognito
There we are! Feel free to have open discussion about characters, locales, potential conflict, etc. I've got a busy weekend, but I'll see about getting a sign-ups thread going sometime very soon!

And if any are still interested, feel free to hop into the Discord!

I would love to be in such a casual setting RP.

o:

you still accepting folks?
Yep! Well, still accepting interest! The CS thread, when it does finally go up, will involve a culling process, given the rather unexpected amount of interest (no complaint from me!). But I'll cover all that in the actual sign up thread.

Interested as well!

If you need some more people, I'd be interested in taking part as well!

• Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym