Sleeper Cell

Raiu, you're not the GM.

No offense but seriously, that's out of line.

This is MY job. Even if you have a couple valid points.

unanun... same thing. Even if you do have valid points, I was working toward making them myself. I'm trying to help Killerclover with her character the best way I see fit. She needs to hear this stuff from me, not from you guys. I'm really not trying to be mean about this but this is uncalled for from both of you. Normally I value outside opinions but not right now. I'd really appreciate it if the outside input was kept to a minimum right now. Because on top of it all it seems pretty clear that you are ticking off Killerclover with unwanted comments.

If I thought I was going to get people butting in I would have taken this to PMs.

ANYWAY.

First off Killerclover, you don't have to keep re-posting the bio. That would be cruel of me to make you do. So from now on just edit the bio on this page. ^^;

Second, glad to see some of the changes I asked for. The bio is starting to get on the right track. Makes me happy camper to see someone willing to make changes without fighting tooth and nail like their character is the bible.

But, there are still quite a few issues I have with it.

-The History. Still falling short in that department. Glad to know why she wanted to join the unit. But I still really want to know more about someone who is supposed to be such a legendary sniper. Because the interesting history is what, for me, makes up for her "lack" of personality. I don't mind if we know nothing of her childhood or parents. But we don't even know about her teen years or at least what led to her joining the military at all. Did she set out to become the best Sniper ever with Sniper Wolf as her idol? What motivated her to kill as many people as she has over the years? I want to feel some sort of attachment to Vulture so that when her life is in danger that I actually want her to survive. Why did Vulture join the military? Why did she LET them put the emotion draining nanomachines inside of her? What was she like BEFORE the nanomachines? Again, if you want to keep SOME things secret [Just PM the secret stuff to me.] so that it surprises others I can appreciate that. It's why no one really knows where the members of the Hellraiser Brigade came from. I intend to surprise everyone with their backstories & whatnot.

-The Age. Straight up problems with this. If she is actually 69 her birth predates the technology of nanomachines. Even in the earliest stages, nanomachines would never be capable of such a thing. Part of what makes MGS go is everything being based around currently existing technology. Even Vamp's ridiculous healing nanos only regenerated him from wounds. They didn't make him 40 years younger. If nanos existed even in the current time period that could reverse the aging process it would be pretty damn important. Way more important than just getting glossed over in a bio as just ONE ability among many of these nanomachines you have. As important as the Sleeper Cells. And would deserve their own RP in my opinion. Either you need to get rid of this quality of the nanomachines, keeping her young or make her actually be an old vulture lady. If you want an excuse for extreme experience, use VR training. You cannot have both an old woman's wisdom and a young woman's body.

-The EMP device. While the threat of it knocking out her own equipment balances it out. . . this only would really work in terms of someone who worked solo. Because the way it stands now this EMP also puts her teammates equipment at risk as well. Which is something that would not fly at all in BLOODHOUND. The reason Lilith AKA The Widow can keep hers is that the range is limited/ focused to a certain range, and that the way it spreads is by her physicallly moving across a vast distance. That way she can avoid tripping up her teammates while still messing up the enemy. But your EMP does not seem to have that in mind at all. So I would rather you make it have some sort of controlled method of detonation like an actual detonator or some sort of timer. But in all honesty I would rather see it go completely.

-The Knives. I like the acid knife. Only tweak for that is the fact that actual acid DOES eat through metal. However if you had some sort of bacteria that only ate through organics that would be a different story. And be much more technologically feasible. But the smoke knife just doesn't work for me at all in a tactical sense. Why would you need the smoke if you've already gotten close enough for a stab? Just bring a smoke grenade along, y'know? Even for the poisonous gas function it just feels uneccesary. For me the acid knife already gets that "hastening their death" job done. And it just makes more sense. If you want poison use bullets coated in poison or something. As for the mind warp knife I really like the idea but it feels like too much for just ONE blade. I feel like it would be more interesting if there were a knife for each emotion. RAGING KNIFE. CRYING KNIFE. Something in that direction. However many knives you need but within reason. We can work from there. That way there is more thought that goes into the decision when she pulls out a knife during CQC. Plus the emotion needs to be the absolute extreme as far as it can go. . . cause lets face it. . . everyone gets angry or upset when they get STABBED.

- The Special abilities. Her heightened senses from either genetics or the nanomachines or enhanced by the nanos is totally fine with me. But in my head, someone who is named VULTURE does not come off as a super-strong and agile person. It makes the codename just seem out of place. Take away that extra physical prowess and she can still hold her own as a legendary sniper. Seriously. If you took away that enhanced physicality she is a hyper sensory sniper who picks off stragglers/creates stragglers while working with her fellow sniper. And when people getin her face she shoots them with a pistol or stabs them with emotional knives during CQC. That is a serious amount of hurt she can dish out.

Hey, no problem ._. Sorry. My inner chemist rebelled against some ideas, is all. Ill not post out of idleness.

Apology accepted, from me at least, unanun. ^^;

Alrighty Killerclover, just want to say that with all things considered & where you started from this is a MAJOR improvement and I am much happier with where it has gone to now.

Very happyface.

That aside I'm just down to some minor tweaks.

-The Codename. For some reason I feel like "Vulture" is kind of missing something from the front of it. I'm not sure of the right word to put in front of Vulture but it needs something extra. Sniper Wolf, Raging Raven, Decoy Octopus, Screaming Mantis all have that extra additive to their name. Whenever an animal gets involved there is usually some modifier added to the front. Like a type of formula that has been pretty constant through MGS. The character just feels incomplete without it. Keep your character in mind when choosing it though.

-The History. Just a "minor" tweak. Sniper Wolf died in 2005 during Shadow Moses. But your character seems to have no reaction to her idol's death. Not asking for a vow of revenge against Solid Snake. That would push her into a direction that would never get resolved. I kind of just want to see something that acknowledges this significant event. Maybe she couldn't handle that loss and was one of the factors in her getting the nanos? Anything really. Just want to see this addressed.

-The Knives. Clarify that the "Acid" knife actually has a type of bio-engineered flesh-eating bacteria on it. Right now the description would seem unclear to someone who was only reading your bio. At least IMO. Also if you want the mind warp knives to e more spiritual, them give them some sort of legendary backstory. If you go more technology-based then say the blades are laced or treated with chemicals that are synthesized to cause the various extreme emotional outbursts. Otherwise it feels like JUST CAUSE THEY ARE.

P.S.

Going to sleepyland. I'll read other stuff posted here in the next 24hours.

That was two things.

*carts Raiu off in a wheelchair*

Anyway, hi Killerclover. You'll be my partner for this mission once the bio is approved. I lost my previous partners in the last chapter when they were viciously slaughtered by the villains. So you must forgive me if I try to keep you out of trouble in a heavy-handed and arrogant way. ;)

Raiu seriously, cut it out.

What did I say about outside opinions on the bio at this point? Still not wanting any from you. Still stepping across that line. This is getting habitual. You're being a habitual line stepper. You said you were going to just keep up with the story since you were interested. That does not include throwing in your 2 cents in on something I already asked you not to once. I'm really trying to keep from getting mean but this is ridiculous. Do you just not respect my authority as a GM or something? Your apology means nothing if you just go right back to what you were doing that got you in trouble. This isn't some American high school classroom where you get away with pulling stupid stunts on a daily basis.

I'm beyond tired of it. Cut it out.

Sorry. Things have just been kinda stressful right now. I won't do it again.

On an interesting side note, Alterred Carbon's protagonst briefly wielded a knife that had 'Adoracian hemorrhagic fever' bioencoded in a thin red line down the center of the blade. 'I cut you with this knife and you bleed out of every pore in your body in 5 minutes, is that what you want?'

I actually kinda enjoy her character. Ill leave all GMing to Orion, at the threat of instant death, and say that I can't wait to see just how she stacks up against Orion's master plan.

One bit of advice.

Dont kill the ravens.

Still just tweaking a tad.

-The Knives. The way you have their origins as a mix of spiritual, or at least psychic, mixed with the technology aspect feels "off" for some reason. Basing them off of something similar to Psycho Mantis but then also saying that nanomachines with some type of emotional memory core are involved feels like too much. It could be much simpler IMO. If the nanomachines have the memory core in them already, then why even have the Psycho Mantis-esque element to it y'know?
These knives are very spiritual, based on Psycho Mantis's way of mind warping victims with emotional change certain types of objects in the world are able to be implanted with a very similar type of thing. Being that Jeanne never heard of Psycho Mantis she didn't get to upgrade alot of her equipment to base things on the way he did things,
In that sentence it seems like it goes from saying they are based off Psycho Mantis to saying Vulture knows nothing about Psycho Mantis. So did someone ELSE make the knives? Did she take them from a group of powerful enemies that had mind warping knives? It leaves me feeling confused. Unless I read it wrong. In which case, my bad.

It comes off to me as a situation of one or the other rendered useless with both combined in the way they currently are. Plus that means you've got yet another nanomachine thing going on with your character in addition to your special ability and the acid knife. Mostly I would prefer getting rid of these "emotional nanos" and just have it be a chemical that causes an emotional response. I get that these are a different take on the emotive bullets from MGS4 or at least that was the impression I got. I know that those bullets had no explanation of the tech behind their existence. But the way I've kept this RP in line tech-wise so far was by making sure that whatever someone used had a really reasonable explanation behind it. You don't have to get into how they developed something step by step or upload blueprints. . . just that it sounds realistic.

Yes, someone else developed the emotional stuff, like the bullets and taught her how to keep making the stuff for the knives. The reason its a mix between spiritual and nano is because of what it causes not its origin, the nano machines basically are the source of the power, creating the chemical fusion to screw with peoples minds and make them have an reaction that Psycho Mantis's originally did with his powers, sorry for the confusion. Barely anything special about them besides being able to warp just about anyone's mind, unless they are like super strong in will power.

Alright, I have a better understanding of it now.

AFTER ENDLESS TIME. . .

Character Approved.

Now I just need to make certain Sakura will still RP. Otherwise I might have to warp reality one last time and replace her with Dirty Skunk so we don't have anymore delays in this RP beyond the NORMAL amount of time it usually takes people to actually post. Not weeks.

So, given the new characters and potential switching that may occur. . .

It'll either be just pairing up Vulture with Feist or if Sakura ends up dropping out the pairings for the mission might switch up. Just in case the two snipers want to work together. Still a little up in the air I guess. Everyone feel free to offer their opinion on this.

Hmm, about that I am not sure. I don't mind who I pair up with as long as they aren't going to try and interfere with Vulture's general mission thought process, you know aiming and taking out her targets, she can avoid distractions but you know things can happen to make her own thoughts shift heh o_o

I don't know the link to the actual rp just yet, besides won't post anyways until i've read the story so far.

IC is in the modern subform.

IRL snipers usually work in pairs, but whatevs.

Alright Sakura is staying in the RP.

Just got confirmation.

As for everyone else figure out how you want to post about getting through the military checkpoint. You have fake credentials that WILL work. So don't worry about any drama like that. You'll get through easy peasy. Just make it to the museum on your own time. Call Mockingbird up for enemy info if you want to learn more about your foes.

I still don't have the link to the actual Rp and I am sure it'll take quite abit to find it, so could someone be nice enough to link me to it? Thanks.

Alright well, I will wait until there is a chance for me to enter, right now seems not so much. Some kind of introduction for her to fully be in it? A surprise drop in? Something else? I am lost here so yeah.

>.>

Actually I changed it so that she's already there if you read the main post on page 3.

She should be sitting near Feist on the train.