Slayers and Slaves: Advent of Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name Dragan (No surname)
Age Late twenties or early thirties
Appearance
In his human form, he stands just over the average, at six feet, and has a main of wavy, chin-length black hair he keeps combed back, out of his face. He has a short, blockier face, and a strong jawline, and perpetual five o'clock shadow. He has narrow dark blue eyes and bushy eyebrows. He tends to wear whatever suits his whims, either casual business attire like a button-up shirt and slacks, or an older style of dress, like medieval garb and armor.
(I'll draw him soon)
Personality

Dragan is indifferent to humans, and values them no more or less than his fellow demons. As a result, when he's not in a battle, he doesn't go hostile right away. He's also acquired a taste for many of the fine foods and drinks of humanity. Any time he goes into a new city, the first thing he does is seek out the local food establishments, to see how good it is. Before being sealed, he was more interested in preserving his own life, and would prefer to avoid fights where he's not reasonably certain he'll win.
Being forced to fight uncertain battles for Slayers runs counter to his nature, so sometimes his partner has to coerce/bribe or otherwise force him into the fight. Otherwise, he's amiable enough and doesn't cause too much trouble when he's not hunting other demons. When it comes to women, he's become curious, since he didn't fraternize with other demons much when he could avoid it. He especially likes the frail-looking, small women. Something about how fragile they look, how they seem like they could break if he was too rough with them.
He also has a biased dislike of high-tier or upper-class demons, and will be especially sarcastic with them. If he thinks he's strong enough to fight them and win, he might try to challenge them.
History
Dragan is one of many demons that saw coming to the human world as an opportunity. With things in Hell so deeply entrenched and established, it proved to be difficult to gain power and move up in the ranks. For Dragan, as a higher level, mid-tier demon, this was especially true. The further up in the ranks one got, the harder and harder it got to advance or grow. That kind of stifling atmosphere frustrated him immensely. But on earth… things were different. Dragan practically salivated at the chance, and went along with the droves of other demons that flooded the world. But he wasn't interested in slaughtering humans like so many others. He just wanted power! Power to show up the higher tier demons with all their fancy titles and arrogant attitudes.
At first, things went well, he challenged and slaughtered minor demons, drawing on their essence to strengthen himself, until he grew strong enough to face the high tier demons. He made careful note of slaughtering any and all witnesses, human or demon, so that no one could give him away. But one of his witnesses must have slipped away, because a team of Slayers came hunting for him, for slaughtering a bunch of humans that saw him fighting other demons. Dragan recognized he was outmatched with so many opponents, so he quietly surrendered and allowed them to seal him, rather than risk being slain in a fight with an uncertain outcome. Now, as a Slave of the Order, he hunts down his fellow demons, which suits him just fine. So long as he can continue to accrue power, he doesn't care if he's fighting with humanity. But if his growth should be stifled, or he thinks that's happening, then he will grow very restless, very fast.
Power Originally, Dragan only had the power to shapeshift and mimic other people (their appearance and voice), in addition to the spiritual powers that most demons have. As he's grown in power, he's now capable of freely shifting parts of his body into weapons, or shapeshift into objects or what have you. Now, when he shapeshifts into another person, he can imitate their powers to a certain degree, but he cannot use any of his other abilities while like this. So if he wants to shift parts of his body, he has to revert to his own human (his typical human form is one he imagined for himself, rather than imitation of someone else, so he can still use his powers then) or demon form.
Demon Form Dragan's demon form is an asymmetrical mess. His right arm is bigger than his left and ends in sharp claws, while his left is about the same size as most humans, though with spines protruding from his arm. He has four legs, two of which are insectoid and the others beast-like. He has a long tail ending in pincers. A long mane of hair flows from his head and down his back. In total, he stands at about eight feet tall. He hates his old form, however, and has become accustomed to being in human form. So he rarely brings out this form of his.
Weaknesses He's somewhat of a coward and doesn't like to fight if he doesn't think he can win. Likewise, he's something of a glutton, and being bribed with good food will usually win him over. He prefers to take out the target demons himself, so he can guarantee absorbing their essence to grow stronger, and as a result, does not work well in groups with other Order Slaves (and if the mission in question is about slaying a large or human-shaped demon, he will consider it a waste of his time and resist going).
Here he is. If this leaves the group unbalanced, and a human is needed, I can replace him with a human character instead. I tried not to go overboard with his history, because I tend to turn those into text walls.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
Here he is. If this leaves the group unbalanced, and a human is needed, I can replace him with a human character instead. I tried not to go overboard with his history, because I tend to turn those into text walls.
Also, I wouldn't mind making a second human character if we need one.

I don't mind juggling two characters~

Also, if demons grow stronger by 'devouring other demons essences' like your CS says....

Lets just say Senna may take that literally x3
( a little cannibalism is always brightens the room, no?)

Well, I was guessing on ways demons can grow in power. I guess that'd be an important question to ask, huh?

Hey @Jhuton is that okay? I figure they can do it through training, but absorbing the essence of slain demons seems like something demons would do to power up faster. In my character's case, I imagined it affecting their base demonic form, which is why he looks the way he does.

Well, I was guessing on ways demons can grow in power. I guess that'd be an important question to ask, huh?
Yeah, we may want to ask that.

If that's a thing, I imagine Senna's armor would grow more...menacing, I think. Grows a bit bigger, but doesn't lose its agility. need to look into that...
(Also, having a picture of her in demon form would be awesome....I need to find one)

Reactions: Darru
@Jhuton omfg thank you ! I changed quite a lot of things :D
----
Really guys, with demon characters.... omfg I am running around the room like a fangirl who met her long waited celebrity. I enjoyed reading your CS, oh my so sweet betwitching demons ♥
@The Alchemist sweety I love her, I can't wait to see her in some action and yea well, with Dragan. I don't know but I can't wait to see both of them in a battle :D
@Drakken it was a delight to read your CS. I can imagine so many funny moments with him, I don't know why :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hella
Name:
Hella Harlow

Hella looks to be in her middle twenties.

Personality:
A lovely lady, most would say- gentle, kind, elegant, one of a kind. Oh, that's not wrong at all, for a demon Hella is quite... "tamed". However, her name doesn't resemble the word Hell for nothing. Chaotic would be a good word to describe this being, and that is shown through her interest in humans. She loves their chaotic nature, how they can easily destroy each other and, at the same time, love each other; how they're able to live in a place where there's noise everywhere, people; how they are able to live mid chaos. She is easily amused by humans' antics and doesn't really mind to fight by their side, that is, until one of them offends her persona, then things tend to get a bit ugly.

History:
Hella came to life with the purpose of torturing the poor souls that were bounded to live eternally in Hell, and she did that by means of Illusions, or Nightmares. Each soul given to her had their own personal Hell, in which she would generate a whole new world, and in that world she would put the soul, along with its biggest fear; if the soul happened to conquer its fear, she would then create another one, and another, and another, until the soul was passed to another torturer.

Eventually, she ended up on Earth, the land of the living. Her hobby? Oh well, to invade the human's mind and make them dream their worst nightmare, she also liked to fool humans by creating shadows or anything alike, it was funny how they reacted. Such poor creatures. Unfortunately, Hella's fun ended when she was sealed, at first she was pissed, mad even, the slayers had to keep her bounded for a great amount of time, until they judged her tamed. Hel was no idiot, she knew when to give up, so they released her and made her fight by their side, which she did without complaining. She was surprised to realize that humans were actually quite entertaining and amusing -when they weren't trying to kill you, of course.

Powers:
Sealed Form: While in this form, Hella is able to create simple illusions, they are just images and don't possess a solid body, and influence one's mind. She can also shapeshift, however, this ability requires the DNA of the desired form to be able to actually shift. For instance, hor Hel to be able to shift into a wolf, she needs a piece of skin, or perhaps hair, of a wolf. Because of this limitation, she usually carries around a purse full of skin and/or hair.

Demon Form: While in this form, Hella can envelope her enemies in a dark force field, once inside it, she makes them live their worst fears, however this ability has a down side, each time she uses it, her sanity will decrease considerably, if the power is abused of, Hella herself will be consumed by her power, and thus live inside her own bubble of Nightmare. Usually, she'll just create this force field in desperate times, and if used, it will be on for only 10 minutes, or even less. Her hair can also expand itself and be used as giant needles, which can stab and/or slay anything on its path. This form is also able to shapeshift, and requires the same thing as the sealed one, a DNA. However, every creature that this form shifts into will have a more demonic form, and a bigger strength than the sealed ones.

Demon form:

hel_by_lieserl-dk1slv.jpg

Weakness:
- Too much light, especially sun light;
- Hella must not remain too much in an animal form, for her mind and body will start to pick up said animal's instincts;
- The color white has a negative reaction toward her, usually leaving her uncomfortable and fearful;
- When she gets too fond of a Slayer, she will risk anything to protect them, even her own life;
- Coffee. It's not really a weakness, but it does leave her "odd".

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
@The Alchemist sweety I love her, I can't wait to see her in some action and yea well, with Dragan. I don't know but I can't wait to see both of them in a battle :D
Oh stop it, you~

I just wonder what Slayer's she's going to be paired with. They're in for some...'fun' times with Sen x3
Hope they don't mind having a perpetually happy demon who likes violently stabbing things and is eternally curious about humans and their workings. x3

hope they don't mind being touched.

A lot. Sen can't keep her hands to herself x3

OOh, but with @GreatWest character, I think we have two too many demons. I think I'll get to work on that second Slayer character of mine to help even things out a bit~

So we have 4 demons and 2 slayers .... until now everything is quite good ^-^"
We will have so many "fun" times -evil laugh-

Name:
Kenneth Shields.

Appearance:
been_awhile_by_nuriko_kun-d33lv2z.jpg
Kenneth has messy dark colored hair, and grey eyes. He's pretty average for a guy his age, aside from his perpetual scowl. He normally wears lose fitting sleeveless shirts, under a dark colored jacket. That jacket, usually has several rounds of spare ammunition in it. It's obvious he's in pretty good physical condition even if he doesn't formally work out a whole lot. He normally wears lose-fitting pants and a comfortable pair of shoes that allows for easy movement.

Personality:
Think of Kenneth as...sort of like a grumpy feline who secretly likes being cuddled with. Sarcasm is his favorite pastime, along with his bad habit of smoking. That said, under that 'tough guy' exterior, he's pretty friendly if someone takes the time to actually get to know him.

He's about the most loyal friend anyone could have. He'd easily put himself in harms way for someone else, if he had too. Even if it was a random stranger that he had never even met before. If someone actually takes a bit of time and allows him to warm up to them, they'll find he's actually pretty thoughtful and a decent guy. He's just not really that good at the whole 'touchy feely expressive' thing.

That said, he's a highly religious person, though one wouldn't be able to tell all that easily. Helping people is part of his nature. Being raised by the church, their teachings were ingrained into him at a young age.

To him, Demons, are despicable creatures. If they didn't need to use them, and he didn't have orders he'd kill the lot of them.

History:
Kenneth grew up an orphan. His parents were killed when he was just a kid, and without having any relatives, he was sent to a church-run orphanage. He was a fairly good kid, growing up - the he always had a mouth on him. Something not even the teachers could get rid of no matter what they did. Other than that, he was a fairly obedient, but sarcastic and mouthy kid. It was something that the people gave up on after a time, realizing that if he hadn't learned better now than he probably never would.

That said, he was a devout believer in most of their teachings. He can recite the holy bible word for word almost - and when the demons showed up en-masse two years ago, he was more than eager to prove his worth and to hone his skills. He had almost unnaturally good eyesight and perception since he was a kid, so a gun and rifle was the natural choice for him. After training, he was accepted into the Slayers.

He's fought demons before, and he still does. And before you think there's some deep-held reason why he works alone, there isn't really. He's just never needed one before - his guns and rifle can take out most threats by themselves if he's clever enough. However, sometimes he has to get...creative, when fighting. Said 'creativity', has lead to the unfortunate destruction of several houses, an entire apartment building, a warehouse full of inflatable pools, and a cabbage truck, among other things. He's been repeatedly reprimanded for his actions.

Now, he's been hearing about these 'sealed demons'. He's fairly certain he's going to be getting one as a partner...which he really, really, really, doesn't like.

Weapon:
He carries two, custom made pistols made by the church specifically for demon hunting. They can shoot bullets, or Holy Essence. They are identical to each other, and both are named after an angel. Azrael, the angel of death, and Kushiel, an angel of punishment.
Shadowrun_Pistol_by_Knightwatch.jpg
Ramiel Class Rifle
Another custom made experimental armament made by the church specifically for demon hunting. Like Azrael and Kushiel, it can fire regular bullets or 'Holy Essence'. It is named after Ramiel, the angel of Hope and Visions, and the 'Thunder of God'. He carries this whenever the mission calls for it. Its a bit on the heavy side, so mobility while using it isn't very good. That said, it can put a giant hole in the head of any demon from quite a bit a ways.

Slow firing, incredibly cumbersome, but it packs a helluva punch.

If Holy Essence is fired out of it, it often seems to look like lightning.

guyovich_model_1938_by_sharkour-d60dj3x.jpg

Weakness:
- Close range Combat isn't his forte. While he is fairly strong, he's never had any formal training in close combat. Against someone who's specialty is it, he'll probably be doing all he can to avoid getting hit.

- Can be prejudiced against demons, even if they are 'friendly'. They are by nature, tricksters. One shouldn't trust one simply because they appear tame. Working with one, is going to be more than a bit difficult.

- Works best alone. Others simply get in the way of his hunting. He could adjust, if given orders but he's done well enough on his own all this time and he doesn't want to change it.

- Always has to get everyone out alive. He's not leaving some poor guy as demon food, even at personal cost to him and the mission. Everyone can be saved, and if he loses someone, its a major blow to him. Especially if they die right in front of him, and he's helpless to stop it.

- Tends to brood over past mistakes a lot, which can hamper his focus on missions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there he is. Please, tell me if you have any concerns and stuff~​

Hella
Name:
Hella Harlow

Hella looks to be in her middle twenties.

Personality:
A lovely lady, most would say- gentle, kind, elegant, one of a kind. Oh, that's not wrong at all, for a demon Hella is quite... "tamed". However, her name doesn't resemble the word Hell for nothing. Chaotic would be a good word to describe this being, and that is shown through her interest in humans. She loves their chaotic nature, how they can easily destroy each other and, at the same time, love each other; how they're able to live in a place where there's noise everywhere, people; how they are able to live mid chaos. She is easily amused by humans' antics and doesn't really mind to fight by their side, that is, until one of them offends her persona, then things tend to get a bit ugly.

History:
Hella came to life with the purpose of torturing the poor souls that were bounded to live eternally in Hell, and she did that by means of Illusions, or Nightmares. Each soul given to her had their own personal Hell, in which she would generate a whole new world, and in that world she would put the soul, along with its biggest fear; if the soul happened to conquer its fear, she would then create another one, and another, and another, until the soul was passed to another torturer.

Eventually, she ended up on Earth, the land of the living. Her hobby? Oh well, to invade the human's mind and make them dream their worst nightmare, she also liked to fool humans by creating shadows or anything alike, it was funny how they reacted. Such poor creatures. Unfortunately, Hella's fun ended when she was sealed, at first she was pissed, mad even, the slayers had to keep her bounded for a great amount of time, until they judged her tamed. Hel was no idiot, she knew when to give up, so they released her and made her fight by their side, which she did without complaining. She was surprised to realize that humans were actually quite entertaining and amusing -when they weren't trying to kill you, of course.

Powers:
Sealed Form: While in this form, Hella is able to create simple illusions, and influence one's mind. She can also shapeshift, however, this ability requires the DNA of the desired form to be able to actually shift. For instance, hor Hel to be able to shift into a wolf, she needs a piece of skin, or perhaps hair, of a wolf. Because of this limitation, she usually carries around a purse full of skin and/or hair.

Demon Form: While in this form, Hella can envelope her enemies in a dark force field, once inside it, she makes them live their worst fears. Her hair can also expand itself and be used as giant needles, which can stab and/or slay anything on its path. This form is also able to shapeshift, and requires the same thing as the sealed one, a DNA. However, every creature that this form shifts into will have a more demonic form, and a bigger strength than the sealed ones.

Demon form:

hel_by_lieserl-dk1slv.jpg

Weakness:
- Too much light, especially sun light;
- Hella must not remain too much in an animal form, for her mind and body will start to pick up said animal's instincts;
- The color white has a negative reaction toward her, usually leaving her uncomfortable and fearful;
- When she gets too fond of a Slayer, she will risk anything to protect them, even her own life;
- Coffee. It's not really a weakness, but it does leave her "odd".
I have only one query about your C.S. Is it that your character is able to induce a permanent or semi-permanent illusion on her victims when they are in the dark sphere? If so then I'd have to ask that you power her down a bit in that area. It wouldn't be fair to have a character who can cast nearly unbreakable illusions. If you can explain the mechanics of this power a bit more, for example tell how difficult it is to break or how long it lasts, then I'll gladly accept your C.S

Name:
Kenneth Shields.

Appearance:
been_awhile_by_nuriko_kun-d33lv2z.jpg
Kenneth has messy dark colored hair, and grey eyes. He's pretty average for a guy his age, aside from his perpetual scowl. He normally wears lose fitting sleeveless shirts, under a dark colored jacket. That jacket, usually has several rounds of spare ammunition in it. It's obvious he's in pretty good physical condition even if he doesn't formally work out a whole lot. He normally wears lose-fitting pants and a comfortable pair of shoes that allows for easy movement.

Personality:
Think of Kenneth as...sort of like a grumpy feline who secretly likes being cuddled with. Sarcasm is his favorite pastime, along with his bad habit of smoking. That said, under that 'tough guy' exterior, he's pretty friendly if someone takes the time to actually get to know him.

He's about the most loyal friend anyone could have. He'd easily put himself in harms way for someone else, if he had too. Even if it was a random stranger that he had never even met before. If someone actually takes a bit of time and allows him to warm up to them, they'll find he's actually pretty thoughtful and a decent guy. He's just not really that good at the whole 'touchy feely expressive' thing.

That said, he's a highly religious person, though one wouldn't be able to tell all that easily. Helping people is part of his nature. Being raised by the church, their teachings were ingrained into him at a young age.

To him, Demons, are despicable creatures. If they didn't need to use them, and he didn't have orders he'd kill the lot of them.

History:
Kenneth grew up an orphan. His parents were killed when he was just a kid, and without having any relatives, he was sent to a church-run orphanage. He was a fairly good kid, growing up - the he always had a mouth on him. Something not even the teachers could get rid of no matter what they did. Other than that, he was a fairly obedient, but sarcastic and mouthy kid. It was something that the people gave up on after a time, realizing that if he hadn't learned better now than he probably never would.

That said, he was a devout believer in most of their teachings. He can recite the holy bible word for word almost - and when the demons showed up en-masse two years ago, he was more than eager to prove his worth and to hone his skills. He had almost unnaturally good eyesight and perception since he was a kid, so a gun and rifle was the natural choice for him. After training, he was accepted into the Slayers.

He's fought demons before, and he still does. And before you think there's some deep-held reason why he works alone, there isn't really. He's just never needed one before - his guns and rifle can take out most threats by themselves if he's clever enough. However, sometimes he has to get...creative, when fighting. Said 'creativity', has lead to the unfortunate destruction of several houses, an entire apartment building, a warehouse full of inflatable pools, and a cabbage truck, among other things. He's been repeatedly reprimanded for his actions.

Now, he's been hearing about these 'sealed demons'. He's fairly certain he's going to be getting one as a partner...which he really, really, really, doesn't like.

Weapon:
He carries two, custom made pistols made by the church specifically for demon hunting. They can shoot bullets, or Holy Essence. They are identical to each other, and both are named after an angel. Azrael, the angel of death, and Kushiel, an angel of punishment.
Shadowrun_Pistol_by_Knightwatch.jpg
Ramiel Class Rifle
Another custom made experimental armament made by the church specifically for demon hunting. Like Azrael and Kushiel, it can fire regular bullets or 'Holy Essence'. It is named after Ramiel, the angel of Hope and Visions, and the 'Thunder of God'. He carries this whenever the mission calls for it. Its a bit on the heavy side, so mobility while using it isn't very good. That said, it can put a giant hole in the head of any demon from quite a bit a ways.

Slow firing, incredibly cumbersome, but it packs a helluva punch.

If Holy Essence is fired out of it, it often seems to look like lightning.

guyovich_model_1938_by_sharkour-d60dj3x.jpg

Weakness:
- Close range Combat isn't his forte. While he is fairly strong, he's never had any formal training in close combat. Against someone who's specialty is it, he'll probably be doing all he can to avoid getting hit.

- Can be prejudiced against demons, even if they are 'friendly'. They are by nature, tricksters. One shouldn't trust one simply because they appear tame. Working with one, is going to be more than a bit difficult.

- Works best alone. Others simply get in the way of his hunting. He could adjust, if given orders but he's done well enough on his own all this time and he doesn't want to change it.

- Always has to get everyone out alive. He's not leaving some poor guy as demon food, even at personal cost to him and the mission. Everyone can be saved, and if he loses someone, its a major blow to him. Especially if they die right in front of him, and he's helpless to stop it.

- Tends to brood over past mistakes a lot, which can hamper his focus on missions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there he is. Please, tell me if you have any concerns and stuff~​
This C.S seems okay to me. Accepted!

Alrighty!~
Glad you approve!~

Also, if any demon wants to partner with Ken, lemme know.

And if any Slayer wants to Partner with Senna, again, lemme know! We could figure out relations in a PM if ya want.

Unless we're gonna be figuring this out IC. That's fine too.

Also, @Jhuton, I think you missed @Drakken's CS and question about absorbing demons essences.

(secretly hopes this is a thing, because I really want to have a thing where Senna eats a demon sometime x3)
probably gonna do it anyways though x3

Name Dragan (No surname)
Age Late twenties or early thirties
Appearance
In his human form, he stands just over the average, at six feet, and has a main of wavy, chin-length black hair he keeps combed back, out of his face. He has a short, blockier face, and a strong jawline, and perpetual five o'clock shadow. He has narrow dark blue eyes and bushy eyebrows. He tends to wear whatever suits his whims, either casual business attire like a button-up shirt and slacks, or an older style of dress, like medieval garb and armor.
(I'll draw him soon)
Personality
Dragan is indifferent to humans, and values them no more or less than his fellow demons. As a result, when he's not in a battle, he doesn't go hostile right away. He's also acquired a taste for many of the fine foods and drinks of humanity. Any time he goes into a new city, the first thing he does is seek out the local food establishments, to see how good it is. Before being sealed, he was more interested in preserving his own life, and would prefer to avoid fights where he's not reasonably certain he'll win.
Being forced to fight uncertain battles for Slayers runs counter to his nature, so sometimes his partner has to coerce/bribe or otherwise force him into the fight. Otherwise, he's amiable enough and doesn't cause too much trouble when he's not hunting other demons. When it comes to women, he's become curious, since he didn't fraternize with other demons much when he could avoid it. He especially likes the frail-looking, small women. Something about how fragile they look, how they seem like they could break if he was too rough with them.
History
Dragan is one of many demons that saw coming to the human world as an opportunity. With things in Hell so deeply entrenched and established, it proved to be difficult to gain power and move up in the ranks. For Dragan, as a higher level, mid-tier demon, this was especially true. The further up in the ranks one got, the harder and harder it got to advance or grow. That kind of stifling atmosphere frustrated him immensely. But on earth… things were different. Dragan practically salivated at the chance, and went along with the droves of other demons that flooded the world. But he wasn't interested in slaughtering humans like so many others. He just wanted power! Power to show up the higher tier demons with all their fancy titles and arrogant attitudes.
At first, things went well, he challenged and slaughtered other demons, drawing on their essence to strengthen himself, until he grew strong enough to face the high tier demons. He made careful note of slaughtering any and all witnesses, human or demon, so that no one could give him away. But one of his witnesses must have slipped away, because a team of Slayers came hunting for him, for slaughtering a bunch of humans that saw him fighting other demons. Dragan recognized he was outmatched with so many opponents, so he quietly surrendered and allowed them to seal him, rather than risk being slain in a fight with an uncertain outcome. Now, as a Slave of the Order, he hunts down his fellow demons, which suits him just fine. So long as he can continue to accrue power, he doesn't care if he's fighting with humanity. But if his growth should be stifled, or he thinks that's happening, then he will grow very restless, very fast.
Power Originally, Dragan only had the power to shapeshift and mimic other people (their appearance and voice), in addition to the spiritual powers that most demons have. As he's grown in power, he's now capable of freely shifting parts of his body into weapons, or shapeshift into objects or what have you. Now, when he shapeshifts into another person, he can imitate their powers to a certain degree, but he cannot use any of his other abilities while like this. So if he wants to shift parts of his body, he has to revert to his own human (his typical human form is one he imagined for himself, rather than imitation of someone else, so he can still use his powers then) or demon form.
Demon Form Dragan's demon form is an asymmetrical mess. His right arm is bigger than his left and ends in sharp claws, while his left is about the same size as most humans, though with spines protruding from his arm. He has four legs, two of which are insectoid and the others beast-like. He has a long tail ending in pincers. A long mane of hair flows from his head and down his back. In total, he stands at about eight feet tall. He hates his old form, however, and has become accustomed to being in human form. So he rarely brings out this form of his.
Weaknesses He's somewhat of a coward and doesn't like to fight if he doesn't think he can win. Likewise, he's something of a glutton, and being bribed with good food will usually win him over. He prefers to take out the target demons himself, so he can guarantee absorbing their essence to grow stronger, and as a result, does not work well in groups with other Order Slaves.
Your character certainly strikes me as a demon after reading the C.S. In regards to your question about absorbing other demons, I'm not so much on board with this concept as persons might see it as an opportunity to make their characters too O.P. I will however allow the absorption of minor demons to advance a demon's power but not large or humanoid demons. Aside from this your C.S is accpetable, so you can just change that and your accepted.

First off, hello!

Second, I'd like to apologize for not only signing up out of the blue like this, but for taking as many liberties as I had just based on conjecture. Therefore, @Jhuton, if you find it unacceptable, please let me know.

Valentine Cross
Appearance

Twenty-three years old, Valentine stands at 176cm. Shaggy black hair lays down the nape of his neck, often covering his sunken green eyes, but going little farther than his pale cheeks. Val's arms are lanky and thin, unsuited to carrying a weapon—even a gun wouldn't be fit in his hands—and the rest of his body has similarly deteriorated as though neglected in its entirety. As a result, Valentine can't move for very long without rest. This frailty is often masked by the loose clothing he wears and the unassuming cover his messy hair provides.

Lastly, he wears three scars on his body—the first down the length of his left forearm, the second reminiscent of a hole above his right lung, and the third halfway down his right thigh.

Personality

Val cannot be considered, by any means, an ideal Slayer. He never had a desire to protect the world; everyone could burn in Hell for all he cared, and he never found joy in killing demons for the Church's sake. He became a Slayer for the experience.

He's two-faced. Unhesitant to tell everyone to get out of his sight, Val is perfectly content being an unapproachable jackass, yet he can turn into a respectable member of society with wisdom to spare at a moment's notice should he find it useful.

Valentine has dedicated himself to discovering as much about the world as he can, and giving meaning to his life, by any means necessary.

History

Oblivious to the inner workings of Valentine's heart, his parents groomed him to be a well-learned socialite. His family was wealthy from a few successful business ventures, and Val had virtually everything provided for him. His life was filled with meeting people, making friends, and he was taught as much knowledge from the Church that his brain could hold. However, this life was hollow; unsatisfying. Of the many people he met, he couldn't remember any of their names, or even their faces. It was all muscle memory at best. Everything he learned was unfulfilling, lacking personal experience.

When it seemed like he was on the fast track to becoming an influential member of the Church, the demons had invaded, and the world Valentine knew fell apart before his eyes. He lost his father only a month in, and his mother committed suicide soon after. The Cross family fortune was left to him as their only child. But it wasn't grief Valentine felt. Valentine felt a freedom he'd never known. His life was no longer decided for him.

He became a Slayer, thanks to his family's connections. After completing his training with a handgun as his weapon of choice, the demon bound to him was in the form of a young girl, capable of controlling the elements, who wished simply to exist. Attacking humanity was no more than an order to her. Calling herself Serena, she and Val found a kindred spirit within each other.

The two only briefly resigned themselves once again to following commands, effectively going AWOL and taking up residence in a small town away from the Gregory's prying eyes. In hopes to find a reason to live, Valentine and Serena began protecting the town under their own power. Valentine's funds bought them a house, and they stayed there much like siblings.

Demons came after the town, and Slayers came after Val and his partner. Both were often staved off or killed without much effort, and the pair even gained some infamy outside the town as vigilante hunters. Sadly, this brought on more difficult battles in the coming months, during which Val sustained serious injuries, and nearly died from the blood loss.

Serena gave her power, and her body, so Valentine could have the chance to live and fight again, and to find the meaning in his life that he had been looking for.

Powers

Valentine doesn't use conventional weaponry, being more or less incapable of wielding them. Instead, his demon partner has given him the gift of magic and accelerated regeneration. Val manipulates the world around him, conjuring flying circular blades to home in and rend targets from a safe distance, or drawing a wall of stone from the earth beneath his feet, among other feats.

He can allow the demonic magic to pour from his body, should long range be an inappropriate method of action. After a short time, a black ooze covers him entirely like armor. Only a mouth with dripping black teeth akin to that of a shark's remain able to open, with a second row of teeth slightly further in. His fingers become serrated claws, designed to tear through everything they can get a hook on. With a primal, blood-curdling howl, Valentine turns into a monster in his own right—an agile and unstoppable force with a penchant for bloodletting. Valentine has conscious control over this transformation, but he loses a little more of his life in the process. While his restorative ability can somewhat mitigate this side effect so he's unable to kill himself, Val only grows weaker with every use.
Hello to you as well. Your character seems nice but I'm afraid I won't be able to accept the concept behind him. A human existing in the body of a demon seems a bit redundant to me. You could instead make your character strictly demon. And as it pertains to your character's powers and demon form, they seem a bit too powerful. If you decide to make Val a demon and run with these powers they'll need to be toned down.

I'll be creating the character roster and I.C for the r.p soon. I hope everyone who's been accepted so far will keep up a regular posting speed

The Character Roster for the r.p has been created. If your character has been accepted you can go on ahead and post it here. Character Roster The link will also be permanently placed at the top of the first O.O.C page.

Characters posted in the Character Thread!~

And awww~
Guess I'll just have Senna eat a demon later for no reason. Because she's...freaky like that.

A human existing in the body of a demon seems a bit redundant to me.
That's actually the exact opposite of what I meant. Serena's body was literally given up as an offering to close his wounds, not simply vacated for Valentine to inhabit, and became the source of his power and subsequent adverse reaction to using them.

As for the extent of his power, I'd assumed rendering himself constantly two steps away from death would have been an acceptable trade-off. I'm not sure how I'd be able to reduce the gain without having to rebalance the side effect to keep it at an appropriate scale.

I'll probably just have to drop it, then. Sorry to have wasted your time like this.

I have only one query about your C.S. Is it that your character is able to induce a permanent or semi-permanent illusion on her victims when they are in the dark sphere? If so then I'd have to ask that you power her down a bit in that area. It wouldn't be fair to have a character who can cast nearly unbreakable illusions. If you can explain the mechanics of this power a bit more, for example tell how difficult it is to break or how long it lasts, then I'll gladly accept your C.S

I edited it! I hope my CS is now acceptable, if anything isn't to you liking, just tell me and I'll change it asap

Your character certainly strikes me as a demon after reading the C.S. In regards to your question about absorbing other demons, I'm not so much on board with this concept as persons might see it as an opportunity to make their characters too O.P. I will however allow the absorption of minor demons to advance a demon's power but not large or humanoid demons. Aside from this your C.S is accpetable, so you can just change that and your accepted.

Alright, I'll edit it when I get home. That should add an interesting bit to his attitude towards certain missions (oh it's a large/human shaped demon? Pfft, waste of my time).

I've edited it. Just a few changes made:
- Added one last line to his personality I realized I neglected
- In his history I added 'minor' in front of demon in the second paragraph's first sentence
- Added to his weaknesses that he'll be resistant to going on hunting missions with large/human demons, since he can't absorb their power, on top of not being sure if he can beat them.

@Drakken Your C.S seems okay now. Accepted!

@GreatWest Your C.S is accepted as well.

You can both go ahead and post your characters in the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.