CharBanner.jpg
"I had heard of this place's trade, but this is ridiculous..." John commented as the ships flew passed them, going to and fro. He stared up at ship's flying over them and large ones tooting their horns, the bellowing sound nearly deafening John. The Venesian group's ship broke through the clouds just as John regained his hearing and he marveled at the city. The lad hadn't experienced anything like this before.

As they made it to port John stepped off and turned to the man who called him a tourist. They exchanged annoyed glares as both men continued on with their day. "These people are worse than Sorina I think." John said as he hid his amulet, he couldn't allow it to be replicated or stolen, such a thing would be unthinkable. It was like giving a key to the vault of his nation's secrets. "Let's get going."

As they walked, John found his rhythm constantly thrown off. Sometimes the traffic of people would move and other times it'd abruptly stop. He had half a mind to ditch his group to evade the nonsense, but he couldn't, he had volunteered himself as lead. So, he pressed on before arriving at a market place where his attention was being pulled everywhere.

So, the Guardian was right... they can smell fresh meat.

John dealt with the man inquiring about his clothes rather quickly. As he approached, John grabbed his blade, sending the man on defense, and watched as he retreated to his station. Another man called before John could even think, but he was mindful to watch what he deemed to be a thief beside him, all but ignoring the call for souvenirs. John then held up the group as Taka made his purchase, a quick buy from John's point of view, and then they continued on.

Finally, arriving at the door John looked to Saki who complained about the trip, but he agreed with her. Staring up at the man coming to them he whispered back to Saki, "If you take me with you, deal."

The man approached the group in general, a bored expression, hands clasped together, and introduced himself as Niles. John then pointed to each member of his party, starting with himself. "I'm John, dragon girl's Saki, guy with the machine is Taka, and the small one is Yumi, plus one guest." John finished pointing a thumb at their prisoner. "We come on behalf of the Lughanta company to report to the Doge."

Niles then led the group upstairs, John looked back at them and stuck a thumb's up as he shrugged his shoulders. They wandered through the golden halls before winding up in front of a pretentious little guard. He would not stop complaining about his excellency and this and that. John had heard about how royalty liked to be treated, he had no idea it was this annoying. John stuck his hands in his pocket and stared at the guard who meant literally nothing to his mission, just hoping he'd move the fuck out of the way soon. And he did.

John waltzed into the room and looked around before settling his eyes on the Doge. The guard then stood right next to him and John raised his brow as he took a seat. He leaned to one side, resting his head on his fist. John had a card to play if this went south, but Saki spoke up first and by the time she was finished there was not much else to add.

@R-9 Pilot @Astros @Beowulf

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Warden and Izurich
Yumi%20Tailline_zpszgkzwdji.jpg

Keeping much to herself throughout the entire trip, Yumi follows around John like a lost puppy. While Yumi didn't seem to express any displeasure with her surroundings, she also hardly expressed anything of the sort. With neither a reason to interact with anything or anyone, Yumi make the trip to visit the Doge mostly without incident. She looked for a moment like she was going to help Taka carry that heavy contraption that he seemed to struggle with, but after a second glance decided that she'd be better off continuing as she was.

This wait and see attitude followed her into the palace, even extending into her trip to the throne room. Yumi felt like she was getting a bad feeling about this situation, glancing about the room to see what would follow if it were decided that they were to be blamed for the princess's disappearance.

Oh how Taka wished his feet could reach Saki under the table, so he could give her a good kick for using such language in front of the Doge. He could, however, quite easily reach John. "Sit up straight," he hissed softly, "and look presentable. If he thinks we are nothing better than peasants, then we will get no where. Turning completely towards the Doge, which freed up his tail feathers from being crammed into the chair and showed that the Doge had his full attention, Taka clears his throat. "It is true that we have lost the princess, but it is also true that we captured one of the would be captures and now know that she is most likely in Somnus. That is where our captain is at this moment, with those best suited to assist her in the recovery of the princess."

"As for the weapon that was mentioned, it would seem that she was being forced to work on the production of a weapon that used something she dubbed 'nothing'. From my understanding of it, it has the power to erase anything it touches from existence itself, as if it never existed." He had his own theories of the repercussions of such an act, but he doubted they would want to hear him out on it at this moment.

"If you have your doubts about our report, which I would not be surprised if you do have any, we do have one of the traitors with us."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Izurich
WyrK2dA.png

oQceU7S.jpg

With the requests made and the grouping back at the Inn, Amilia's stare lingers on Rurik for some time, though as of now unable to ask the question that burned on her mind. Why?

It made no sense why he went so far, but then again he seemed interested in her contract more than Freedom, but what good was Freedom in her case? Needless to say she has a job to do. After speaking with Aster and Agatha for some time behind closed doors. For whatever reason the pair obeyed the Cabal's request with the pair wishing the team well, promising they would not leave a single one behind.

Taking position at the head of the group in the Inn's kitchen, Amilia coughs in her mechanical hand, before taking an at ease rest.

"As I told your comrade Rurik, I was once an Assassin in these lands.. Not to sound arrogant, but when I speak for now, you really should listen. As of the discussion with your commanders, I'll be handling the communications with this group and laying out my suggestions plus theirs for how you should operate. But first off you must know who you are fighting and the information we have gained.. If you please?" Taking a few miscellaneous items on the table, the Cabal Slave lays them out rearranging them in a manner to make a map.

"The one that you call Shinobu has been seen with a single reported sighting of your Princess at the old mining works office. A failed project aimed to bring honest work to the slums. It is currently held by The Word of Kharlan, or also known as Darius Kharlan. It is a political movement not found in significant number in the Empire nor the Kingdom or the two Islands.

The Followers of Kharlan believe in leadership elected from the people and a redistribution of Wealth to the poor, plus all abolishment of the Aristocracy. They also wish to wane the influence of the Faith. Overall a fringe element. Or so they were till the founders Grandfather, Mersha Kharlan seized control of the group though a string of mysterious accidents and funding. She is Charismatic and extremely dangerous. The Word of Kharlan has a foothold in most nations lacking a Strong Central Authority and it's promises of Bread, Freedom and Gold resonates with most..."

Holding up a picture of an Abyssal woman with one hell of a great sword on her shoulder. "For whatever reason, she is harboring and working with your traitor.. Why I do not know, to my own recollection the Followers of Kharlan should have no need for her. Not alive at any rate.. On that note the Mercenary Gorgutz is in her employee, judging from the gunship he was the one who took your Princess, though it is debatable he knew who the target was or her importance himself." Playing with some of the objects, she arranges them in the form of a building complex.

"I'll lead you here and carry out all communications, from what information we've gathered, Your traitor, is here on the upper levels." Pointing at an overturned drinking glass there seemed to be a structure upper level, with a straw alongside for some sort of chimney. "The Princess may be with her, or in the central offices with Mersha, I've had conflicting reports on that. Orksen could be anywhere. I caution you to be careful, they have a lot of manpower there. Between the Cultists and Mercenaries they have significant numbers, the Cult also has additional forces throughout Somnus. We believe the large structure at the rear is a Hangar and it's only a matter of time till they move again."

"As it stands, I think we should wait till we see the structure then I'll give out the recommendations your Commanders left with me."

Bowing lightly Amilia leads the group through the city quickly as they reach the location. Minus a few sentries the area seemed rather desolate. Just your typical wood and stone free standing structure, part factory, part office. "Hmm.. Charlotte if you don't mind could you and Venrid go to the central tower, both of you are fairly light and one can fly.. Either way, out of those present for the remainder, Sorina was given control given the rest are fairly new I was told and you would be in the air Charlotte.. Sonya could you assist me as a spare pair of ears and eyes on the inside?"

Sorina for her part perks up; Oh some responsibility for herself again. More than a bit prideful she smiles looking over the location, defaulting on training and those around her in consideration.

"Hmm.. Rurik if you can I want you to go in through their loading zone, just to be sure they don't take the Princess through there, I shall join Voyd, Seven if you please scout ahead to the central area and wait for us. The idea on Venrid and Charlotte seems sound. Knife e, err Sonya, you may help any of the teams out or act as the Human's radio. Rogues aren't exactly something we are trained with in tactics to use. With luck one of us three should find the Princess. Ehehehe."

With that out of the way, that left the matter of the two sentries wandering the ground, clothed in black robes, Sorina simply jumps the pair, using her Lance coupled with a jump, she skewers one, then shoves the other down before head stomping them. Laughing as she was given to, the Blood Devil seemed rather fond of her lance, waving the others past, as she ventures down the halls and into the facility interior.

Unknowingly to the group two of the three powerful warriors were more than prepared for them... And Sorina was about to learn that the hard way as her clattering boots echo on the floor beyond.

@Karyra technically.

~~~

@EmperorsChosen

ZjPb2CR.png

"Eheh! Rite Boyz one o'dem Er two'o dem Culties bit dah dust and one dem Armored Boyz are head'n in to da back like I planned, we'll let da two skin guyz pass, then I'mma Ram em!"

Eight soldiers in various garb, of various races and sex are clearly visable on the loading zone floor before the Orc shoes them away. Watching from a cleverly knocked out portion of wall, Gorgutz was rather well hidden from view as he grins, lining up a hall section leading into the loading zone.

"Won, Too, Sod it! Nein! ERE WE GO BOYZ!"

"OH YEAAAAAAH!"

Suddenly and without very little warning, the Green skin bursts from the wall, tackling Sorina through the next wall.

Not again..

"GO! GET THE PRIN-" Not having time to finish the Orc takes her through a couple more sections before slamming her aside as his own men join, catching sight of the now arriving Rurik, the Orc moves his shoulders back and forth, cracking his neck with a turn of his head.

"Oi, she still alive? You gitz finush er off. You der, Ummie wit da Sword, yaz a big Fellah, you know wut dat means! RIP AN'TEAR!"

Picking up his battle axe from a nearby corner, the orc advances menacingly, pointing out the swordsman letting out an angry warcry, as the Blood Devil gets to her feet, preparing to meet the eight attackers. That didn't hurt nearly as much as being put through that airship hull.

Readying her lance, there was a battle to fight, as she directs her gaze at Rurik. "Take the Orc! I'll help once I'm done here!"

~~~~

@Accelerator @Ehb

jX8Tq2A.png

Sitting in a makeshift throne room in lack of a better word, Mersha hummed to herself, thinking on the days prior issues. With Orksens warnings and her own information Mersha had sent away the bulk of her followers. The time to act was now, Somnus would be theirs or it would burn. As to the little rats who were coming, well so would they...

To her back was a figure of a female tied to a chair, bound and gagged with a sack over he head. All the while the Abyssal sits where she is atop her wooden throne. The plan was in motion and things were going all according to plan, there was no need to be concerned.

Nor was there to be foolish.

"One little rat hiding under a mat. Another little rat, pretending to be a bat. Come out, come out, for I am the Cat." She says gazing at the hallway beyond her view. A robed Cultist approaches with a wary look of concern to his face.

"Is something wrong Mi'lady? That was a very odd verse, but ah, do you have instructions for the commanders?"

Grinning, the old fool couldn't sense what she sense, smell what she smelled, nor see what she seen. But old fool he be, the old man had uses.

"Relay the following to our men. "Brothers and Sisters, the day of Liberation is here, our deliberations ended so have no fear. The people shall rise, we shall not compromise, for the old Regime must die. The operation shall Commence upon my signal. By the Word of Kharlan shall all be free."

"Until then, there are some rats scurrying about. Have two of our brothers stand by our special guest. Oh and ready the Maridius... Quietly."

"At once Mi'lady. Your will be done. By the Grace of Kharlan."

Smirking a bit there were some perks in taking over the movement at least, what she had to say was not questioned. "In the name of Darius Kharlan you are dismissed my Brother."

Slightly annoyed, the woman stands up from her chair smirking into the darkness, they would be here and soon... Or rather they likely were already here lurking like the rats they were she could feel it. "It's very rude to keep a lady waiting you know, take too long and I may tie the girl's hair into a bow. Or mayhap even her neck.."

Looking pointedly at some approaching acolytes, the woman smiles, blade on her shoulder.

~~~~

@Astros @Click This

pfwcXHT.jpg

The other two not bothering to share their insights with Shinobu leave her alone at her fire place on the upper levels. Staring blankly at the ambers that wasn't to say the traitor was off guard. Shinobu was the sort to always keep a form of alertness born of military training and experience. Shinning her canister launcher and checking her flight suit, of note was a girl much like the one with Kharlan was here, tied up, bag over her head and bound in place to a chair.

Judging from the rumbling below, something was going on. The question is what.. The Orc might have been showing off again, or those Cultists were up to something another, though most of them had left earlier in the day. Unsatisfied with her own observations, Shinobu loads a round in her canister launcher, while grabbing her knife. Looking at the blade, she stands by the fireplace, for now there was no reason for her to leave here and a job that still needed to be done. As her guest sits quietly in her chair.

The hostage of the group, Kobato the Crow Youkai, murmured a few incomprehensible words after all three women finished speaking. She took a deep breath then sighed in acceptance, "I confirm everything they said to be true..." Thank the Divine One that she didn't have to explain everything from the beginning, it was still much too painful to talk about her sister. She wouldn't mention her... it wouldn't matter to them anyway. "That traitor... betrayed us mercenaries too, they hired a group of us as pawns to be sacrificed. We didn't know she was going to kidnap an Imperial Princess."

ZCzsUjc.jpg

"I see..." Maximilian put a hand to his chin, his face scowled in concern. Princess Olivia was researching a heretical concept, completely defying the teachings of the Divine Church, to think there was another power equal to the One. This... 'Void' was being forcefully weaponized by no doubt the power-hungry glory hounds of the Empire. Her motivation to oust her warmongering sister from the throne was commendable but alas, calamity struck, a proverbial wrench thrown into her plans.

Whether the 'Void' was truly what the princess believed or not, the fact still stood that the Empire was researching a new weapon that could potentially give them enough edge to start another war. This concerned Fraulia and the rest of Autrea, innocent lives would be lost, all for the sake of power. "I have a theory that this crew of yours is actually a sleeper agent of the Empire, sent by those megalomaniac ministers. With their new weapon and the Empress' burning desire to avenge her abducted sister, they'd get all the flames they need to spur Brendorn into war." It certainly made sense but Max was no stranger to politics, there must be something more than meets the eye. Nevertheless, this was definitely a matter worthy of Her Holiness' attention.

"I shall personally relay this message to Her Holiness," The Grandmaster nodded as he stood up, "Silva, I will make sure your comrades and the prisoner here have an audience with her. Until then, Ariel, would you please show them their rooms?" He approached Kobato then took her shoulder, "As for you, you shall be held in a temporary holding cell for the moment." With the Crow Youkai in tow, he exited the room, searching for a guard to hand over the prisoner.

vpFoF07.jpg

"Well..." The Celestial clapped her hands once, "Please follow me." Ariel would lead them through the marble corridors of the Cathedral's East Wing, it didn't take them long to reach a particular one with a row of doors. "The rooms here are vacant, let me assign one for each of you." Silvania, Cera, and Adale would each get their own room, clean and well-furnished befitting those of middle-class inns. "If you need anything, just call for the maids and butlers working here, and... you are free to explore the Cathedral and even Eustia but please, always return everyday to stay here for the night, I'll leave messages in your room when Her Holiness is ready to see you. Have a good rest and blessings of The Divine One, Sol, and Luna be upon you."

With those parting words, Ariel bowed and left the party to their own devices for the day.

Last edited:
JMGOOUy.png

Silence. That was the Doge's initial answer to the incredulous things spoken before him. Failure!? This news was much graver than simple failure. Failure was being unable to insure a products condition after a rough travel through bandit territory. Failure was your children not living up to your expectations and resenting you for it! This was no failure the Lughanta crew now presented, it was a decree of death to the Doge and all of his Kingdom.

Three people can't stop an airship!? What of the Lughanta then? Was that excusable while their incompetence was not? Did they even care to seize the princess or were they more worried about their ship and business? Such insolence! Lady Agatha's repute betrayed her and not only him if these were who she chose to employ.

Prisoner!? What use would they serve, they couldn't be offered to the Imperials for pardon. They were little more than evidence of the deed now irreversible. His empire… The mistakes and triumphs to this point, all of it was now to be obliterated in an instant under a steel boot and red banner. Had it really all been for this moment?

Listening to the two speak if only selectively, the Doge's mind numbed by fury takes in the report bits at a time. Ignoring a good portion of Taka's attempt to smooth the rough out, his sole attitude was outweighed by those of his peers. The dragon youkai who did the initial speaking showed not a shred of dishonor nor reassurance for the awful mess which they had caused. At no time did they extend a single apology for their mistake nor promise to make amends for it.

The young swordsman with her was no less guilty, showing even less disregard as he set his elbows on the dining table and gave him, the Doge of Venesia, a bored expression after such an error. He had been raised in a barn no doubt or Lady Agatha took in peasantry as well if they could wield a blade.

With mind burrowing ever deeper into rage and anguish, the Doge surprisingly kept up his outer appearances. Sitting still as water with a mute face of anger, the servants and guardsmen in the room took to showing their disbelief and surprise in his stead. Knowing full well of how upsetting the news must be for him, they looked to the Doge and his half boiled reaction in mixed panic and horror.

"My Liege?" The servant to his right was the first to speak. Walking around to the front of him and partially blocking his face from view. Suddenly the Doge's expression of rage and surprise fell to one of anguish and defeat. Opening his mouth to speak a coughing fit sends blood splattering onto his servant and in clear view of the young guardsman to his left.

"Your Eminence!"

Capturing the moment before it can escalate, the Doge waves a hand to the rear of the room as blades are drawn and spears readied to protect their leader.

"Right away! Clear the way! You lot stay seated!"

Commanding the situation now, the guardsmen from earlier orders the Lughanta crew while servants rush to the Doge's side. Assisting in lifting him from his throne they hurriedly carry him out of the room in a flurry of commotion. Carried to his estate room, he all but loses his will to act as he can hardly crawl into bed.

His beautiful wonderful city was lost, and his plots now ruined.

"...Lady Agatha has failed us… There is no hope of … The Imperials will sooner than later put things together and march to burn Venesia... Oh Venesia!"

Wailing his sweet cities name and muttering to himself, the Doge loses composure as his servants stand by with faces of worry. Some older than others, the great Doge reduced to the sight of a petrified old man before them was soul crushing.

With a heavy sigh the guardsman to have followed them all now waves them to leave. Giving those who protest a stern gaze and nod of assurance, slowly and reluctantly the room clears out. Once empty and the doors sealed tight, he goes to the Doge's bedside.

"Father, if you will I have a suggestion."

"Oh what does it matter!? We shall only dig ourselves a larger grave for it."

Pressing on despite the Doge's ravings, the guardsman calmly and firmly give his proposal.

"Why don't we hand the Lughanta crew over to the Imperials as brigand that came to us for aid? If what the princess said was true, then the Imperials will already march upon us. It is better to stand at the side of the Infernal than in front of him."

Taking a moment from his crazed ranting, the Doge's eyes narrow before he finally wipes some coughed up blood from his mouth. Smirking softly his will seems to return as do his inner mechanisms.

"You were always the most clever of my sons, but not the most refined...Thank you, but yes and no... Old age is such a wretched thing, it is easy to lose hope and will, when you are frail of body and mind. My younger self would have laughed in the face of this travesty. Hah."

Seeming to recall better and more glorious days the Doges spirit seems to return by the passing moment before his face dons once more the serious sharp expression it had only moments ago before being on the edge of complete collapse.

"Contact the Imperials at once, we shall give Lady Agatha as much time as it takes for them to arrive. Keep her crewman busy, confined to the palace, but do so in a manner they think they are guests. Disarm them in the presence of lords… Keep the guards and servants on alert, but do not have them outwardly shadow… Send for Camus. Right now only his employment is worth keeping…"

Lost in his thoughts the Doge speaks no further. Giving pause and rise to his son to reply in kind.

"Right away father, I'll double the work crew in this section and set up a series of formal events. Should they request to go to the city we'll insist on doubling the personal guard or dissuade them… It should take no more than a few days for word to reach the Imperials and back to us. I'll instruct the Guard Commander as well… With your leave my Eminence."

"Go… We have seen one great war on our shores in my life time. As long as I breath I shall not see to another… If only they had not failed… Oh, and see to it the dungeon treat that water Youkai as she deserves, I want her mother's cooking recipes by the time they are done with her…"

Soon returning to the dining room, the guardsman salutes the group in military fashion, motioning for the others to be at ease. "His Eminence the Doge cordially invites and insists your crew to stay here in the palace, you will be treated as dignitary guests and an itinerary is planned for your group until Lady Agatha arrives. It would be terribly inhospitable of us to allow you to leave on the small shuttle you arrived on, our mechanics are also performing maintenance on the docks and cannot allow you to leave for safety reasons.

His Eminence is unwell, but bids you to enjoy the feast, servants will take you to suitable sleeping quarters once you are finished. Also while you may keep your weapons, we forbid any but our guards to carry them in the procession of his Highness, and the other nobility. Please understand, we are a mercantile dominion not warrior."

As he finishes his statement the guardsman hears the shuffling of feet outside in the hall. Saluting the group once more, he does not entertain their otherwise protests and instead opens the door to allow a swath of servants to enter. Carrying various silver trays of food and drink, they begin setting the table for the days feast. Foodstuff such a whole roasted chicken, pork, and seafood are lined in accommodating fashion so each chair and soon to be guest can get a portion of each.

Between them are ripe fruits and vegetables of various sorts. Salads with dressing,prepared for ready consumption, as well as exotic food some of the crew would likely have never seen before. Filling the room with strong aroma to cause one's mouth to water, the steaming hot food seemed fresh from the ovens. It would be a service hard to ignore after their journey thus far. And one the guardsman hoped to keep them busy a while as he slipped away and out into the hall.

Passing through several rooms and chambers of the palace, he eventually stops in a hall after spotting a sizable group of men, all in guards armor lead by a rather gruff, but combat weathered commander.

vcQCSRt.jpg

"Heard the Doge isn't feel well as of late… the mission fell through huh?"

Receiving only a nod and hardened expression in return, the man smirked as his fears were confirmed.

"Good grief. Suppose it wouldn't be right for everything to go smoothly for a change huh."

Shaking his head in lackadaisy dismay, he soon turns to the men behind him. Causing them all to stand an inch taller, he locked onto the eyes of each as his voice rang inside the hall.

"Listen up! The next fews days will be unpredictable, but I expect your utmost commitment and loyalty to the Doge... If anything in your lives are to be a true test of your metal, this is it… Remember your training, lest you forget my lessons… Above all else, what is the greatest advantage? …"

After a short pause a single guardsman spoke up in front.

"A cool head sir."

"Eh? I couldn't hear you." Turning his head and hiking a palm up to his ear, the Guards Commander plays the part of deaf old man.

"A cool head in the face of defeat sir!"

"What was that? I thought I heard the right answer, but I can't be sure. Speak louder you lot!"

"A COOL HEAD IN THE FACE OF DEFEAT. SIR!"

"Good good. It is that which the Divine Kingdom lacked in the war she waged against the Imperials. A calm head would have done wonders for the war. Never forget that men. Even if you're unable to stand, as long as you keep your head and fighting spirit, the enemy has yet to win."

"You have your orders. Dismissed!"

q5xlAIo.jpg

G5cDYNH.jpg

Celestia, a realm of light, the luminescent domain of Sol where golden-white crystalline structures dotted the pristine landscape. Tranquil and serene, the Kingdom of Order stood firm, always ready to serve as a sanctuary for Sol's children and faithfuls. Figures bearing majestic feathered wings occupied the sunny skies, going about their duties, clean of humming airships plaguing Bumi's clouds. This heavenly realm was the home of Oriana, one of Sol's blessed. Though she already spent decades in the mortal world down below, Celestia would always welcome her.

It was at this moment that the white-haired angel found herself entering one of the many temples dedicated to Sol, the interior was quite modest, nothing compared to the Divine Cathedral of Eustia, not surprising considering it wasn't even a major pilgrimage spot. However, she wasn't here to pray, no, she was here to meet with a certain individual.

As Oriana arrived in the main hall, the emblem of Sol could be seen at the far end just above the main altar. There weren't anyone else in the room... except for herself and her, Archangel Diana, the Eidolon of Sol, His representative and leader of all Celestials. The black-haired woman was kneeling in a praying position, her back facing the younger angel, her wings folded.

"You're here..." When Oriana approached, Diana would raise her head slightly as she stood up, turning around to face her fellow angel. "Oriana, it has been a while." The robed Eidolon gave her a motherly smile as she climbed down the steps leading away from the altar, closing the distance between them. "I was worried that you wouldn't honor my summons. Content to live your life among the mortals." One of the few Celestials who switched allegiance in the two schools of thought within Celestia, Oriana was certainly an interesting one. "So, how fare thee, my child?

Bereft of wings and her divine halo, Oriana could have been mistaken for an extremely privileged traveler were it not for her familiar face. Conscious of every sideward glance that was aimed her way, she wove steadily up the pilgrim's path to the meeting point. The buzz of the argent city faded as soon as she stepped within the confines of the temple, replaced by a solemn coolness that seemed to belong to a different world. In any other occasion, Oriana would have used the pocket of calm to distance herself from her thoughts… But more important matters were at hand.

Struck by a rush of anxiety, the Celestial observed the kneeling figure in front of the altar for a moment before her gaze moved up to Sol's emblem. After a customary prayer, Oriana took a deep breath and advanced. The Eidolon stood up in response.

"Archangel." Oriana squashed the urge to fidget; despite her considerable age, she was aware of her relative naiveté in front of the Eidolon. As all Celestials do. "That would be rude of me. After all, I was only wandering through the forests near Al-Azhar." Helping an injured hunter return home, but that was beside the point. "The woodlands are quite lovely this time of the year. Dangerous as well, for many peop- mortals. I had thought…" After a short pause, Oriana threaded her fingers together and inhaled. "Is there… Is there something wrong?"

At first, Diana's curiosity was piqued due to Oriana putting 'Al-Azhar' and 'forest' together in the same sentence, then it dawned on her that there was a forest just outside the desert region of Azura. After all, Masyan was a nation who thrived best in the vast expanse of sand dunes, forests weren't something they'd settle on. "I know. I saw the hunter returned to his hut safely." Diana smiled once again, the smile of a matriarch who held a thousand words in them. "I can watch but only the body, matters of the heart and mind are unknown to all but the Trinity."

"Hmmm?" The raven-haired Celestial chuckled, "You can call them people, they are also children of the One, we all are. However, there is also the fact that they are children. We are born free from the shackles of time for a reason, Oriana, to lead them, make sure they do not stray from the righteous path." Was Diana a Justicar or a Messenger? Nay, she was both, harsh yet loving, firm yet forgiving. In a way, Oriana was both as well, the white-haired angel had embraced both sides even if she currently proclaimed herself to be a Messenger.

"There is always matters to attend, problems to attend, such is the burden of a mentor, our work never ends as long as Bumi draws breath." Diana shuffled passed the angel, motioning for Oriana to follow her, traversing through the carpeted central walkway of the temple. "We sensed a disturbance in Bumi, Luna's chaotic hands extending to act upon great change upon the One's masterpiece." Diana paused for a moment, letting her words sank in. "The flames of war may soon ignite, covering Autrea and beyond in destruction. It is our duty as agents of Sol to make sure Luna doesn't destroy civilization as we know it."

"Come with me." Leaving the temple's double doors, Diana spread her wings as she took flight upwards, "You shall accompany me to Eustia, the Divine-Kingdom will need our assistance for the coming storm."

Oriana bowed her head and let the words of the Eidolon wash over her. She was surprised that her actions had caught the eye of the Archangel, although it should have been no mystery considering Diana's singular calling and great wisdom. It seemed that her long years in the human realm have diluted her memories of Celestial oversight more than she thought. After all, the world seemed much simpler when all you had to worry about was the peering eyes of your neighbors. This was a welcome refresher.

"War?" Oh, that was trouble indeed. Oriana drew a breath and followed after the Eidolon. When Diana took flight after issuing a short command, the younger angel hesitated. She knew of the fraying truce that had prevented the ruthless expansion of the Imperium, and wondered if the allied kingdoms were in peril. It seemed to be so, if they were going to Eustia, but why?

What fortune she spent the last few weeks in the wilderness, to miss this new upheaval that was about to plague the mortal races.

Taking her hand off the cool stone of the temple pillar, Oriana summoned her wings and soared after her senior. The appearance of the Eidolon caused many of the angels crossing their path to part out of reverence, and she was able to position herself beside Diana. "If I may ask, what caused the disturbance? It must be a truly effective plot to potentially concern the entirety of Autrea. The casualties…" Oriana broke off, her mouth drawing into a hard line. But then, another pressing question appeared in her mind. "Wait, Archangel… Me? Accompany you? I don't mean to question your judgment, but with the gravity of the situation involved... Granted, my skills are suited to support others but surely someone less… detached from Celestial affairs is better for the role?"

If the worst came to pass...

"The disappearance of the Red Dragon's beloved," Replied the Eidolon, "It's only a matter of time before she spreads her terrible wings, opens her vengeful maw, and burns all in her path." Diana shook her head slowly, "Whether or not we stop her, innocent lives would be lost in the process. It is our duty to curtail the carnage as best as we can. We can't save everyone but we certainly can try."

"For now, you will accompany me, yes, I can't say the same for the near future however. It depends on how the events played out." No one could exactly know the future, not even the most gifted of prophets were immune to making incorrect predictions. "Precisely, Oriana, if war should spark. most of our forces will be assisting The Vicar in their defense against the unfaithful. This is why I need every Celestial to do their duty in keeping Order, this is one of them and I have chosen you for the task."

Soon enough, they'd land near the heavenly gate connecting Celestia to the mortal world down below. "You always wished to make the world a better place, saving one lives at a time, well... now it's your chance to save millions or would you let warfare undo everything you have worked on for decades? Now, let us go." Diana gave her a firm look before she launched into the gate, heading down to Bumi.

Oriana started at the mention of Empress Kyrie, her wings faltering in their ceaseless rhythm for a moment. So it was as she and a great many feared… The Imperium was about to tear down the frail chains that had halted its progress and begin its murderous campaign anew. Though the mention of a 'beloved' piqued her interest, Oriana chose to focus on the most important part of the Eidolon's explanation.

Heaven was preparing for war.

To be involved again in something as monumental as this… The apprehension morphed into something else, a mixture of fear and determination and adrenaline. So this was the strange emotional undercurrent she had observed in Celestia and its inhabitants when she arrived. She may not be part of the forces that would be assigned to the Divine-Queen, but this task Diana had assigned to her was surely of great importance. It went without saying that it was imperative for her to succeed in her as of yet hidden objectives.

The stare the Eidolon leveled at her younger companion was met with an equally determined expression, faintly similar to the sharp-eyed grimance worn by many Justicars. "Understood, Archangel. Time is of the essence." Oriana's eyes surveyed over peaceful Celestia, relishing the tranquility, before she followed suit in a rush of wingbeats.

@Izurich

Last edited:
3bh4SUp.jpg

fD0T8YH.jpg

pfwcXHT.jpg

The moment Venrid had been patiently waiting for was finally at hand. Or at least minutes away as he stood and listened intently to Amilia detail the targets location. Making note of where each opposing factor would be down to the wildcard Orc, he felt confident he would finally get back at the bitch who nearly took his left hand and made a mockery of his skill. There was also the not so small detail of murdering a close friend of his, but that would be addressed like the rest, in due time and punishment.

Imagining her face now and the scenes of that battle past, his heart raced, spurred on by adrenaline entering his system in anticipation. Envisioning a pained face, blood running from its mouth and the air fast escaping her lungs, he grew even further excited to where a twisted grin flashed across his face before being repressed. Not yet, but soon.

"Oh, your friend in the traffic control outfit said much the same when I killed him."

He would see to it she choked on those fucking words at the end of his sword.

The mining complex was much like Amilia had described. Half factory and office, it lacked windows except for certain floors and was on somewhat level ground atop a hill some distance ahead of them. Making out the faint smell of burning ash among the strong musk of the cavern floor and mining tunnels, Venrid eyed the chimney and made out a single strand of smoke, nothing there was a stoked fire inside.

Checking his gear and deciding on his approach he made for the building before catching the mutterings of the former crime boss.

"Charlotte if you don't mind could you and Venrid go to the central tower, both of you are fairly light and one can fly."

The first wrench to be thrown in his work appeared, and it was likely not to be the last. Eyeing up the unbeknownst disguised witch with reluctance, Venrid noticed she was hardly armed except for a lone sword.

Fucking serious. Babysitting?

Quickly taking note of the second part in Amilia's statement it clicked in his head she likely wasn't even human. That fortunately made things easier.

"Staying out of my way will make this easier."

-

"Sorry big guy, I have a date with a dark-haired witch tonight. We're in this together~" There was a glimmer in the vampire's eye as she looked up at the tall structure before them. Indeed, this was a fight the golden-haired girl was looking forward to. In truth, however, she questioned why she had been stuck with, in her eyes, the rather stiff Venrid, a member of Agatha's crew that was more or less at odds with her in personality.

There was also the matter that he was blazing the path to revenge, while Charlotte saw value beyond Shinobu's death in the treatment of her as a means to entertainment and amusement. In other words, he would fight to kill, while she would fight to capture. A sticky situation.

"Venrid. I'm sure I've voiced my thoughts many times, but we're taking her alive. Do keep that in mind, will you?" Wiping away the last vestiges of her human disguise as she spoke, she summoned and spread her draconic wings, posing herself to leap into the air. Having her cover long blown away in the pirates' raid, she already assumed he knew her true nature. "I'll have a look up ahead. Don't die before I find her."

With a wave, she surged forward, making a loop in the air before ascending upwards.

~

"Tch. If yah want her alive get to her first." Venrid advised before Charlotte shifted into her true form right before his eyes. Having been right to suspect she wasn't an ordinary woman, the sight of her changing still managed to send a chill down his spine. The grotesque wings and fiendish eyes he'd seen once before, as well as the poor sap on their receiving end. There was no telling how many others like her kind were roaming about unnoticed. Waiting for a good opportunity to strike a man down or seduce him.

"Damn infernals…"

Making light of the thoughts given his current situation, Venrid followed her soaring figure until it loomed above the mining offices. Noting she hadn't immediately been met with musket fire, it seemed Amilia's info wasn't to be doubted. With his Phantom's Cloak and House Shoes active, he made for the structure in a mad soundless dash. Keeping low to the ground it wasn't likely anyone would see him against the dim lit backdrop of the cavern, but he wouldn't chance it.

Reaching the worn chimney unscathed, he wasted little time in assaulting its jutting surface. Likely built by inexperienced slaves or perhaps the miners themselves once long ago, the bricks used to lay its foundation and top left room enough to climb it. Ascending the tower boldly, if not foolishly. Venrid favored leaping past bricks in order to reach the top instead of taking his time to establish well footholds and the like. Almost like a squirrel scurrying up the trunk of a tree, all that was missing was his bushy tail.

__

As the pair take up their ascent in wildly differing ways, the Infernal as the Mercenary though of her had a natural advantage with her mastery of flight. Reaching the upper level well before him, Charlotte raps on the glass with her knuckles, before breaking through a window, getting a canister launcher round fired her way for the troubles by Shinobu, as the girl in regal clothes lets out a startled yelp, struggling from within her binds.

Loading in a new round, Venrid finally joins the party, dropping down through the fireplace, rolling as puts out any flames catching up to him, smoke billowing inside of the room. Turning her attention, Shinobu casts an angry gaze upon the male in the brief moment she spots him, jumping back behind the Princess, Shinobu removes the hood showing Olivia with a gag tied around her mouth. "Oh the Cripple and the Blood Sucker. Provided she lived. Don't move or her highness will end up a full head length shorter." Pulling her combat knife to the girl's neck, Oliva looks at the chimney climber with a pleading expression.

~

Landing gracefully amongst the glittering shards of the shattered window, the vampire dodges a round directed her way before quickly taking stock of the situation before her. It seemed that her entry had well lost the element of surprise; indeed, with the princess now physically held hostage by the raven-haired turncoat, it seemed to make the fight a difficult scenario.

But wasn't that odd? Had she wished to simply kill the imperial princess, she had every opportunity to do so aboard the airship. There would be little to gain by killing her now, as a direct hostage to avoid a fight. To Charlotte, she was bluffing, and acting impulsively on that assumption, she bolted forward, flashing a hardened blood bolt at Shinobu's hand to knock away the weapon nonetheless. With her other hand, she unsheathed her sword, not to skewer the girl, but purely in a defensive posture for now.

~

Not sharing in the grace nor form of his blood devil associate. Venrid's entrance instead was a rather noisy and dirty affair. Sliding down the chimney walls with hardly an elbow's length of space, he sent a cascade of dust, clay, and ash below him atop the glowing fire, before eventually landing right in it. His feet and House Shoes both licked by the heat of the flames he didn't stay long as he transferred some of his momentum into a forward roll. Emerging from the small crevice in the wall a human fireball scattering ash and dark mist all around, he came to a rest on all fours, low to the ground expecting a welcoming grenade shell.

Considering himself lucky to not be victim of that searing shock of electricity he had once before taken and recalled now, his eyes locked on the figure of his tormenting nightmares and savage daydreams. Merely a leaps distance within reach, and a few blows from mercy. His heart jumped at the opportunity, all senses zeroing in on the woman as she quickly fled to hide behind the princess.

"Oh the Cripple and the Blood Sucker." … "Don't move or her highness will end up a full head length shorter."

He should have just rushed her, forgotten the princess and enjoyed the fight to follow. His body was ready for it, the way his hind legs tensed and his hand started for his dagger under the cloak of mist hiding his true body. Contrary to this however, Venrid's conscious decided it would rear its filthy head and impede on his revenge in the name of humanity. Held in place by this moral struggle, all he could do for the moment was taunt.

"Those be fitting names once I get hand on you. You fucking cunt."

No sooner did he utter the words was Charlotte already on the offensive. Shifting his gaze to her and reaching for his throwing knives, he flung two in her direction. One aimed to deflect the blood bolt and the other at her drawing hand. Whether they hit or not would be up to her reflexes and the attention she paid to his earlier warning. But the knives themselves would not be easy to follow. Cloaked in dark mist they would give no usual glimmer and hardly make a sound.

Steering attention back to Shinobu, he soon found himself looking to the young princesses face, a textbook of terror. Genuine down to the tears budding under his eyes, it was strange to him that he couldn't muster an ounce of unspoken sympathy he had earlier for her. Not only that, but the whole scene itself before him just felt… off.

With sense and patience to remain where he was he planned to see how things would play out before making his next move. Being sure to shroud himself even more while given the chance, his appearance soon took on the silhouette of a large dog. In kind his concentration naturally focused on the smells of the room and without fully realizing, he noticed what was off.

*Sniff* … *Sniff Sniff* …

There was no perfume… Much more than that, there was the god awful stench of death in the air. Like that of a mass grave. Sulfuric rotting flesh. No, burnt? What the hell was it?

~~

"Well, that's rude to sniff someone. I try not taking my work personal.." Said the Princess in a voice much unlike her own. Forming a pair of daggers seemingly from the shadows around her, as her hair turns a dark black, lunging forward without hesitation, she was seemingly a shapeshifter of one sort or another. Blades in hand, she aims to meet the pair in close quarters combat.

Taking note of his deft motions, Shinobu had to wonder if the pair were even allies.. All the better it worked for her advantage, for now she needed to escape.. But first.. "I'm so Sorry, your Princess seems to be in another Castle."

Mocking the pair, Shinobu goes to reload her launcher while backing her way out the room, her Infernal Ally would at least give the pair of them something to worry about, she had no real interest in fighting them here and now, but that didn't mean she would simply ignore the presence of the two.

~~~

"Lovely," commented Charlotte, observing the shapeshifting shenanigans of their so-called princess. Still, the vampire shot an exasperated look at Venrid, having had to make a detour in deflecting his almost traitorous attacks; funnily enough, it seemed he would be the one getting in the way in the end. "Hey Venrid, stop being a dick, will you?"

Unfortunately, she didn't have too much time to insult her temporary partner. Her prey was making her escape, and she began to rush after her, but found the new infernal enemy in the way, much to her distaste. For this person, she didn't spare any restraint; almost berserker charging the false princess, she fires more blood bolts before immediately closing the distance, slashing down hard at the shapeshifting enemy.

~~~

By the grace of Sol… One infernal was enough surprise to deal with, but another with the ability to perfectly copy royalty? What the fuck was he looking at? Was the first thought that occurred to Venrid in his accompanying face of horror. Soon followed by the more pertinent of the two. Could he kill it?

The thing would soon answer that for him as it advanced on him and Charlotte without hesitation. Choosing to retreat rather than jumping right into the fray. He stood up enough to leap to the left a few steps before drawing his bow from the shadows.

"Hold it still!" He commanded before placing several loose arrows aimed at its vitals. Whatever it was didn't matter so much as what kind of fight it would put up between him and revenge. Hopefully, it would still be weak to sharp pointed wooden sticks.

~~~

With a gleeful expression to her face, Shinobu watches as Venrid fires his bow and naturally the overeager Vampire rushes right forward. This not being lost on her Infernal ally, takes Charlotte's hit, grabbing her in the process as the blade cleaves into her left shoulder, using the noble as an improvised shield.

Making good on the Chaos, Shinobu aims her launcher, they presented her an opportunity that was a little too good to pass up, it would ensure her escape from here at least, but what would come after that she was unsure.

~~~

"Guh…!"

Deeply committed to the tussle, Charlotte found herself in between one of Venrid's arrows and the shapeshifter. Its metal tip digging into her back, she let out a yell of pain before she forcibly pulls her around, reversing her situation.

Thoroughly unamused at this development, using her vampiric strength, she continued to grapple with the girl, before finally slamming her against Venrid as a sort of personal justice. Right now, she decided that she was more or less fighting against two enemies; treating the mercenary as an enemy at worst and a liability at best, she once again slammed into him, hopefully sending him over the edge of the building or something.

~~~

"Tch! Hold it still not act as a bloody shield!" Every one of his shots had missed, and instead of finding their mark, pelted the blood devil making her back a living pin cushion. She had a simple task and failed to even carry that out. If he had something stronger than the pistol in his belt, Venrid would have made use of it now to end the both of them. Instead, he helplessly watched as Charlotte purposely lead the fight to him.

"The hell ya-!?" Before he could finish that statement he was forced into a corner near a shattered window with only his shield and dagger for company. Trying vainly to push back against the monstrous strength of the both of them that threatened to send him out the two story building, he found it simply wasn't possible with his human capabilities. Getting pinned up against the wall and with little room to fight back he cursed his luck for the second time.

"Fucking! Uh I-uf idiot! MOVE! MOVE!" As black tendrils formed around him and started to lash out the biggest threat wasn't the steep fall to his left, his inability to fight back, nor the free for all developing beside him. No, it was the devilish grin of the bitch he'd come here for, who now with luck on her side had arm raised, and finger on the trigger.

~~

With a smirk to her face, Shinobu had been worried about just how she would escape here, but those two were falling over one another so badly that wouldn't be a problem at all. While it was concerning they had found her so fast that could wait till later. For now…

Pulling the trigger, in an instant Shinobu aims low, worried the round might miss or simply go out a window with as spry as the pair were. As her infernal ally grapples with Charlotte the biggest problem was solved. As the round leaves the barrel impacting with the floor, it's thunderous roar, crackling and smoke filled the room. The floor giving way beneath them it was a miracle that they weren't outright killed.

As the infernal grips onto Charlotte the trio fall through the next series of landings, with a thunderous crash. Fortunately the ground floor below them ended up being the food storage room. While a messy landing that would wind them, or dislocate some limbs it would not prove fatal.

Though it may have been better had it been so, Shinobu was now and truly gone, fleeing for the ship hidden on the production grounds, all the while the Infernal releases her grasp, while unknown if she was dead or simply knocked out she would be offering no resistance.

For her part Amilia watches the flaming tower with a disdainful look, were they okay? With the other teams now well inside a status check may not be such a bad idea.

~~

The structure and stability of the tower was less safe than Charlotte had assumed. In the middle of the brawl that had ended up in a three-way fight, it seemed the floor had given way, sending all three of them crashing down to the floor below. Through some miracle, the building didn't pancake, and the vampire made a relatively soft landing on large sacks of flour. Landing front-side forward, the wind was indeed knocked out of her, but at least she didn't drive the arrow in her back in any further.

As soon as she was able to get her bearings, she ripped the arrow shaft out of her body, immediately springing up to find Shinobu. Without regard for Venrid or the infernal shapeshifter, she launched back into the air, hoping to find the turncoat… but it seemed in the chaos, she had made a successful escape.

So the hunt was still on.

How irksome. Normally, Charlotte wouldn't have been too affected by such a setback, but because of the thoughtless interference of a certain mercenary, she'd been injured, and her prize had escaped. She wasn't happy. Still, she returned to the damaged floor, floating back down.

"Hey asshole, are you still alive?"

~~

"Gonna finish what yah started?" Venrid growled through gritted teeth.

Raising a magitek pistol with his right arm, he aimed it at Charlotte's head expecting the blood devil to still be seeking revenge for the new holes he'd given her. With an odd ten feet distance between them, he had not been as lucky to have landed on a mound of food as she had. Instead, thrust to the side by the blast and a kick from the abomination he had landed into a row of broken boxes. Only to dislocate his left shoulder on impact and have a wooden shard embed itself deep into his forearm. With said arm dangling helpless to his side, a stream of blood slowly started to pool at the entrance of the spike.

Suffice to say he was not overly joyed nor in the mood for a lover's squabble. He was more than half tempted to shoot Charlotte now while he had a clear shot, but knew if he missed it would be the end of him. Looking around for the other Infernal, he couldn't spot her in the mess of containers but her wretched smell was still nearby.

"If yah ain't gonna kill me then tell me were Shinobu headed."

~~~

"Gone," the vampire shrugged. "Perhaps if you didn't keep interfering, she wouldn't have escaped. What a waste." She pointed her sword at him before sheathing it. "You should learn how to fight before you actually kill somebody."

Spreading her wings again, she once again takes to the air, more interested in either finding Shinobu or helping the others than talk to the man that had so sorely ruined everything.

~~~

"Heh."

"Interfering? Who gave you the Soldamn right to the battle? Arrogant whore."

Silently watching as the cold blooded witch ascended and soon left him in the ruins of the office. Venrid collected his things as the foul smell gradually dissipated. Tending to his bum arm by having his cloak apply more pressure to his wound, he wouldn't drag his tail back to the others before giving the entire area a clean sweep. He suspected there had to be something nearby for Shinobu to flee, and was determined to find it no matter the time or effort it would take.

~~

Last edited:
NDIIwjY.jpg

Saki awoke shortly after the noise from the bells started. She sat up and stretched, letting the sheets fall down to pile up around her waist. "Man...I could've slept in later, but it's nice to have a change from the usual pace on the Lughanta. She tilted her head to either side, stretching her neck with an audible pop. "Still, though, fresh linen and a nice mattress just don't hold a candle to the luxury of sleeping on a pile of proper gold. Wouldn't you say so, Yumi," she looked over to her roommate expectantly.

Getting out of bed, Saki doffed her nightgown and began getting dressed. A number of outfits had been provided in the room's wardrobe, and she laid several of them out to look them over. The finest fabrics, in the latest styles, all. And most of them were not intended for a youkai woman, at least of her body type. "...Don't they know I can't wear these," she asked. She started messing with a few of them, checking to see if she could perhaps modify them or wear them carefully, to no avail.

"Ah well...at least they didn't spoil us for choice. Pretty nice treatment, for bearers of bad news. Guess the Doge doesn't believe in killing the messenger." She proceeded to dress in the outfit she wore yesterday.

On the actual tour, Saki was politely interested. She did have enough curiosity to enjoy herself, occasionally asking questions about the paintings of famous personages or other particularly interesting things on display. Nobody from Harukayama could quite be described as simply a tourist, but she was certainly happy to act like one at times, regardless. Near the end, she did have one question for their guide. "So, where's our...other guest? I know she's a prisoner and all, but still, I haven't heard a thing about what you people are doing about her." From her tone, it was clear she was very interested in the answer to the question.

QiqDGcP.jpg

ZCzsUjc.jpg

Silva couldn't believe what she heard from Maximilian, saying that her crew is possibly a sleeper agent for the Empire? Her intention of coming over to Fraulia is to warn and possibly accelerate development of the tech needed to shield that such weapon. "Understood, this is for Fraulia and also Bumi as a whole." Silva nodded and look over Maximilian as he take Kobato to a holding cell.

Silva, along with her group are lead by Ariel to their room. She thanked Ariel for leading the group to their place to stay during their trip to Fraulia.

A while later, she decided to bring her rifle to her family's workshop. She stayed there for a while to enjoy her reunion. But ultimately her intention visiting was to warn them of the Empire's 'Void' project and to upgrade her rifle and also ask for a new gun.

And with the day turning into evening, Silva decided to spend her time at a bar she used to frequent with her late husband and Maximilian back in the days. She took her usual spot there and asked for the usual drink she'll have.

It was then, Silva saw Maximilian arriving at the bar and gave him a friendly wave. "Heh... Had a good guess you'll be here..." Silva said in a friendly manner as Max came over. "So... How have you been doing since I left Fraulia?" Silva opened up with a question to catch up on his current business.

Seated in the nostalgic bar, the silver-haired woman would see a familiar blue-eyed man entering the establishment, favoring a casual apparel compared to his Crusader uniform. She could never mistake him of course, both having known each other for years, fought together. "I was thinking the same thing." Maximilian smiled back as he waved back at her, "It looks like we had the same thought." He chuckled as he sat beside her.

"Oh, just the usual," Which was good really, that meant there hadn't been any major wars since Silvania retired, "Peacekeeping, drilling, keeping the Crusaders sharp and fit. Just because we are at peace doesn't mean war will never happen again." Judging by what her group told him just earlier today, the statement became truer than ever. "Sometimes, I advise Her Holiness on matters regarding our military."

"Thank you." Max nodded to the bartender as he served his favorite sparkling wine, "How about you?" He took a sip, "I understand the... situation and all, I am asking about you as a person, how have you been doing? Before the whole incident occurred." Did she ever move on from Geoffrey's death? He wanted to ask her but... was it still too soon?

"I see... That's good to know..." Silva nods in acknowledge on what Maximilian's been doing since she left Fraulia to travel with Lughanta. She took a sip of her wine, listening his question.

"I've been doing fine really, just a few months ago I believe we took part in Yellowbeard's demise." She mentioned what the crew accomplished not too long ago. "Been trying to take it easy with these... But, it's still hard y'know..." Silva said as she poured another glass of wine. She looked over her ring finger, looking at her wedding ring, a fine golden ring with blue gemstone on it, she took it off and looked at what was engraved inside. Initials for Silva and her late husband, Geoffrey.

"I tried to convince myself that he's still supporting me somewhere in the Flow... To be strong... but..." Silva was trembling as she continued on. "It's easier said than done... Especially when I'm the one who... killed him." She put her ring on the table and then covered her face. "If only I didn't take that shot... Fuck, he would probably still be alive." Tears started to leak out of her eyes when she remembers that incident, but she quickly wiped it out. "But you know... Ever since I joined Lughanta, I think I'm slowly recovering..." She took another sip of her wine. "At least... I'm not chugging out this drink and also not hitting others." Silva admitted that she's been a wreck ever since that incident. The good thing is that she's been recovering slowly from it.

"Ah, sorry that I rambled on too much..." Silva felt bad that she talked too much about her struggle on moving on. She put her wedding ring back into her ring finger.

"Ah, yes, news travel fast indeed. We have heard of the Venesian mercenaries taking down the notorious Pirate. So your company was the one taking him down first-hand? Impressive." The Nephilim smiled, sipping his wine, "I understand, try lighter vintage, like my sparkling wine here." If she had to drink, consuming wine with milder alcohol content was the better choice.

Max blinked as he noticed the very same ring Geoffrey put on her finger all those years ago, he witnessed the ceremony himself being late husband's best man. It still felt rather sore... if only she had made the better choice... Of course, Max couldn't say anything, not right now, not when the veteran sniper was pouring her heart out to him. Here he was, being a shoulder to cry on for the very woman who chose another. The mood escalated quick but it was nothing surprising for the Grandmaster considering the topic.

"..." The blonde kept his silence, knowing the woman didn't need a lecture right now, she just wanted to pour her heart out, they were both grown adults, they knew that each choice they made had consequences. "I'm glad to hear that." He gave her a small smile once she was done, "It's no trouble." He finished his glass then poured it back up,

"Speaking of which, Her Holiness should be able to see you in a few days at the latest." He cleared his throat, "Quite a colorful group you brought earlier, I suppose you met all sorts of people in the Lughanta? Tell me about them."

Silva smiled as he mentioned about her crewmates. "Sure, where should I start..." She wondered on who she should mention first. "I guess I should start with the captain herself, Agatha... She might be young but her energy and enthusiasm keeps the crew in high energy. Then there's Sonya, she once helped me in finding a nice dress to wear at a formal party... You already met Ádalé, she have this huge hammer that seems too heavy for any normal person to wield. There's also Cera, that half infernal also joining the trip here, she's pretty calm as far as I observed, I believe me and her can get along pretty well..." Silva took a sip of her wine and Max could see a genuine smile coming from Silva, a sight that he never saw since that incident happened. "There's also Sorina, a blood devil who is pretty much thirsty for blood, she even took a bullet from my gun and still be alive. Talk about tenacity!" She even lightly talked about the time she have to shoot Sorina to stop a certain dragon youkai.

She continued on and on talking about her crewmate to Max, until she started to introduce Aster. "Then... there's this boy... Aster, gosh... I don't even know where to start on him. He's the crew's second in command, the way he talks... the way he listened to me when I'm down... He reminds me a lot of him... And you to some extent, I don't know..." Silva finished her glass of wine and poured yet another glass. "Talking to him just made me miss home and the people here... Especially him... and you." She said with a sad smile...

Max asked her a simple question to move on from the topic but by the Divine-Queen, he received a lot more. The Grandmaster chuckled a few times, keeping eye contact with the sniper as she shared her stories. Indeed, she mad met various intriguing individuals. This Captain Agatha had a rather interesting recruiting policies, he bet, well, mercenaries were often more colorful than soldiers. Sonya, Adale, Cera, Sorina, he'd like to meet these people. Two of them were with her group, curious. Max took a moment to recall, Cera must be the black-haired woman with red eyes, Half-Infernal after all and Infernals often had red eyes. By virtue of elimination, Adale would be the one with heterochromic eyes, she possessed quite the strength by the looks of it, was she a halfbreed too?

The Knight thought Silva was finished... then she continued with one last person, a man named 'Aster'. He blinked once, the way Silva talked about him garnered his attention more than Aster himself. It was quite clear that they were quite close... in a similar sense as he was close to her. "Haha..." The blonde chuckled, "I am glad to hear you find someone who can listen to your troubles. I can't imagine spending weeks on an airship without anyone you can relate to, it'd be maddening." Max took a glass, offering Silva a small toast, "For you, for Geoffrey, for us."

The two continued talking for the night, sharing each other stories, catching up, just like good old friends. It seemed for a moment, they could forget all the troubles in the world, just relaxing with one another. "Ha... alright." Max cleared his throat as he stood up, leaving some florins on the table, "I think it's time for me to go back, you can stay if you wish." He paused, letting her decide. If she decided to go as well, it'd only be prudent for him as a gentleman to escort a lady home.

It was a pleasant night for Silva as Silva continued to talk about various things with Maximilian. The moment continued on for a while until Max decided to go back. "Yes, let's head back... I don't think I should stay here any longer anyway." Silva stood up, and looked at Max. She smiled lightly as they walked together.

On their way... They continued to have casual talks together. Until Silva decided to bring up a certain topic... "Max... I've been thinking for quite a while now... With the recent happenings, and that a possibility of another war... I might probably return to serve." Wait... that wasn't the thing she wanted to talk about. "Wait no... I'm actually thinking on getting married again... No, not that I want to forget about him." Silva does deserve to feel happy again, she thought that maybe... to live her life without the guilt shadowing her thoughts... "Maybe, Geoffrey would be delighted if I moved on and be happy... knowing that you stood by my side..." It was not a very direct way of saying it. But Silva gave Max a sign to... be together with her.

The pair walked through the tranquil capital of the Divine-Kingdom, accompanied by the light of Luna. It was rather quiet tonight and Max couldn't help but feel this was merely the calm before a storm. While he sincerely hoped Autrea wouldn't fall into another war, the chances were slim considering this was the Empire they were talking about. Nevertheless, at least just for tonight, he could enjoy his time with the woman he once-... still loved.

Moments later, they arrived in the Divine Cathedral's complex. As they walked through the palace's gardens, Silva spoke up once more, breaking the serene silence between them, "I see... I have no qualms, I'd gladly welcome you into our ranks." The nephilim smiled, "It'd be an honor to serve with you on the field once more. Hmm?" The way she ended the sentence prompted him to slightly raise an inquisitive eyebrow, "Ah, of course." Remarrying, he never thought she'd even consider opening her heart after Geoffrey's death, fortunately, he was wrong.

"I wish the best of luck..." By now, they have arrived in front of the door leading into Silva's assigned guest room. It was hard to ignore the prickle in his heart, for all his bravery and chivalry, he was no more than a coward who couldn't admit his feelings. He would be lying if he said he wasn't interested in her anymore.

Gripping his hands into fists and taking a deep breath, he turned to her, staring into her golden eyes with his sapphires, "Silva... Her last words regarding her ex-husband and former comrade were all he needed, "I'm sure he would." He replied as one of his hand took her chin, tipping it up while the other hugged her shoulders. He quickly, yet gently, closed the distance between their lips, embracing themselves together. He closed his eyes as he deepened the kiss, guiding her into the room as he did then closed it behind them. On that very night... the sniper rekindled her heart's desire for love and the knight was more than honored to respond in kind.

JMGOOUy.png

Following their evening feast within the Doge's dining hall the Lughanta crew were shown to their separate quarters as told and bid goodnight by the Palace servants. Left finally to themselves, although in groups, the only thing to disturb their rest would be the guards who routinely patrolled the halls outside their chamber doors.

The next morning would see to it that each group were disturbed early by the dull distant ring of church bells. Resounding far and wide across the kingdom of Venesia in unison, their chimes could even reach the high walls of the Palace, and just well enough to jar one from their sleep, unless accustomed to it. Whether that sleep were good or bad wouldn't matter to the days planned events. But no doubt some would have suffered from anxieties more than others.

With only a short while to gather themselves in their separate rooms before a pair of servants were scheduled to come and collect them. These few early moments would be the only time offered to them to be idle and discuss freely while not within open earshot of attentive eyes.

__________________________________________________________________________________​

*Knock Knock*

The hasty tapping of knuckles on a wood was the only warning before servants entered each groups room. Greeting them in formal manner they bowed before requesting that each member of the Lughanta crew follow them for the grand tour of the Palace that had been prepared overnight. One face among them was familiar and with his cupped hands Niles addressed the manner of their tour.

"... If you should ever want to stray paths we will be more than willing to see to it you do not lose your way. The palace is as grand as it is marvelous and has many halls. … Just plainly state your destination and we shall be your guides."

With a deep bow he extended his arm to the hall and held the door for all to merge outside. Taking a steady stride in the opposite direction that had brought them there last night. Niles keeps to the front while the other servants obediently followed behind him in step. Holding an air of superiority here, it seemed he was rather important among servants and not merely the doorbell hop.

As the group traversed the halls, the tour halted often to remark on various pieces of art or skilled architecture. Being insightful on their age, creators and cultural significance to Venesia, the servants gave them the impression that many if not all of the items held within the Palace were irreplaceable or impossible to find elsewhere. Keeping the guests well busy in their own unique ways, it wasn't until noon that the tour was directed to the outdoors.

Soon coming to the end of a hall that opened to a grand outside theater, rows and rows of stone ringed seats set before them, circling a marble stage some hundred meters below. Large enough to accompany an entire orchestra if need be, it now held a single pillar to the right, but was otherwise roofless. A stage piece of one kind or another, there currently were two oddly dressed individuals dancing merrily under the afternoon sun.

abKAPnH.jpg

Catching sight of the group as they entered, the pair diverted their attention and began speaking in unison.

"Welcome welcome to the Royal Theater. Sit sit and close your Royal Eater."

"We have a wonderful show for all of you! For all of you a wonderful show we shall have!"

Speaking separately, they abruptly lost all interest in the empty crowd and returned to themselves.

"Vinicio! There you go using my lines again!" The short woman declared, pressing her hand against her chest and staring begrudgingly up at her taller performer.

"Adalina my dear, it is you who has stolen the improper lines. I merely saw to it that the audience was not bored with a repeat." The tall man in the jester costume announced before putting his hand out toward the empty rows sympathetically, as if pleading to invisible people dissatisfied with the mere thought of repetition.

"Hmph! You lousy clown! I wasn't the first to speak. Remember!?" Pointedly, both physically and literally, Adalina called Vinicio out on his screw up. Swiftly tapping her foot on stage she insistently waited on him to admit his dreadful error.

"Hmmm." Instead taking a moment to think, Vinicio began pacing the stage. Mumbling to himself and appearing deep in thought, after a few moments he came to a stop. Shrugging nonchalantly he replied "So what? The crowd do not care what lines are spoken only that they be spoken with grace and beauty!" Performing poorly balanced twirls he seemed to ignore or forget all account of the argument at hand.

"You moron! If they didn't mean nothing then why do we rehearse? Huh!? Your ugly mug isn't enough to please them. That's for sure." Adalina screamed, having lost all her patience. Blaring at the red clown and stamping her feet, she seemed to act her age or at least what her appearance gave away.

Saying nothing in response at first, Vinicio simply stood with his jaw wide open. Trying and failing to clasp it shut he also joined in on the shouting. "H-H-How DARE YOU? I- I'm I- I- ... " But not having the heart to finish, tears welled up in his eyes and he began to bawl.

"Good grief. Turn off the water fountains will yah. I didn't mean it, okay?" Looking to the side with her half baked apology, Adalina tried to mend her error.

"I-I-its *hiccup* It's okay Adalina. I-I-I don't expect anything less from a brute such as yourself. That was so very unladylike of you. Were you raised in a barn?" Making a one eighty in the conversation Vinicio ceases his crying and instead returns an insult of his own. Albeit perhaps not wholly meaning to as his face is void of any malice.

Still, their effect is seen on Adalina. Who oddly instead of getting angry, tenses up as her face flashed red and pulls on the end of her dress, staring embarrassed at the floor. "N-No! …" "Anyway, lets try again. Okay!?"

"Why yes, our brilliance cannot be wasted on such a trifle. Ladies, Gentleman, and Supernatural beings from the Nether! Me and my partner shall be your entertainers for the day, I do hope you admire my-I mean our performance. For, I am Vinicio the Beautiful!"

"And I Adalina the Great!"

"And we are!"

… … …

"What were we called again?"

"I-I don't know!"

Whether this was all a staged act or spontaneously devised was a question left for the ages. Regardless of answer the general conclusion or maybe confusion would be the same, madness if spontaneous and refined madness if scripted.

Though as the two got back to bickering before bursting into non sequential laughter, Niles patiently awaited on John, Saki, Taka, and Yumi to make up their minds on whether to take a seat and watch or be escorted elsewhere. Those who chose to stay would shortly be joined by several other servants and armed guardsmen who would pop in unannounced and uninvited. Showing interest not only in the performers down below, the crowing crowd would have an eye for those who lingered.

__________________________________________________________________________________​

"So, where's our...other guest? I know she's a prisoner and all, but still, I haven't heard a thing about what you people are doing about her."

Looking to each other very briefly, the servants shared unsure glances before Niles cleared his throat without visibly paying the question notice. After a momentary silence a rather short and dark skinned maid was the one to speak up about the business. Her tone more refined and mature than her frame would suggestion, she played dumb as if entirely an old house maid.

"We do not know. I was told there were only to be four of you. If I had to guess they would be in their own quarters, but since they are prisoner then the dungeons perhaps. Dangerous sort like her around nobles simply would not do. The Doge receives many visitors you see..."

Yumi%20Tailline_zpszgkzwdji.jpg

After the events of the night before, Yumi slept lightly through the night. Saki might have even noticed that when it came time to wake with the bells tolling obnoxiously, Yumi didn't seem to have much of a ritual to getting up like Saki did. Instead she simply removes her covers to get dressed for the day. Even with a roommate, Yumi still did nothing to change her habit of wearing little to bed but an oversized shirt. She didn't seem to mind getting changed in front of Saki as she changed back into her usual dress, not even considering the selection offered by the palace closet.

"I think gold coins might be ok, but sleeping on a stack of bullion of any kind is a good way to wake up stiff." Yumi finishes putting on her dress, then begins to work the bedhead out of her hair. "In any case, I wouldn't count on them providing us any sort of consideration. Right now, they are just in a rush to figure out what to do with us. Since we were allowed to stay here, that probably means they aren't done with us. The only thing I can say for sure right now, is I don't think they are acting out of gratitude..."

Looking at Saki directly, Yumi's eyes show concern, "Umm, I just mean to say, I'm glad we are safe, but I'm still being careful right now."

"Yeah," Saki said, trailing off. "I guess if they were really gracious and didn't want us going back on such a shabby boat, they'd offer to provide a better one, instead. Still, better play the good little guests for now right?"

Yumi nods her head, "I don't think I need to pretend or anything. I really do feel bad for the Doge and everything the country is going through right now. The last thing I'd want is to create trouble. But.. People do scary things when they are backed into a corner."

Saki nodded. "True enough. But until we know anything, can't just go off on suspicions."

Yumi moves forward, walking past Saki so that the skin of her arm just barely brushes across Saki as she crosses, "I didn't mean to suggest I was going to do anything. I'm just being careful right now. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." Yumi's tone, as usual, isn't expressive enough to perfectly illustrate how she meant for any of this to be interpreted. Having finished preparing herself for the day, she makes her way out of the room, waiting dutifully for Saki outside before going with her on the tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collab between @Accelerator and @RedArmyShogun

jX8Tq2A.png

3CMBSlE.jpg

After having watched Sorina getting taken through a wall, Voyd was more than a little concerned for her, but he had his mission to do as well and in anycase the collapsing masonry work from the Orc's Mad charge would harm his efforts. It would take time to clear the rubble, for now the best course of action would be to continue to the objective, then link around to meet up with her.

Proceeding through the halls and reaching a central corridor, this location seemed rather ornate with a handful of robed cultists patrolling the halls, a pair of large double doors stood at the end, seemingly screaming something important this way lies.

Being approached from behind a robed figure narrows his eyes, gazing upon Voyd from behind. "And just who are you, Brother?" He asks, hand warily resting on the helt of a long sword.

~~

"Hm… just a visitor looking for a certain dame. White haired woman, with a badass great sword and all that. Probably an Abyssal by the looks of it though I'm not sure. Would be very prejudicial of me to judge her based on appearance alone." Voyd replied casually towards the robed figure that questioned him without so much as turning around to face his interrogator.

Acting brash by, let's say decapitating the robed figure just for asking a simple question would be pretty stupid considering that he was technically the trespasser in these parts. With that in mind, it would be quite rude of him to act accordingly towards people who were just doing their jobs.

"If I had to guess, she'd be sitting cozy on a throne just beyond those double doors. The boss types usually do that. Helps set the mood and all. Though don't mistake me for the ruffians out there. I personally don't want to fight any one of you guys if I can help it. Though that also depends whether or not you act accordingly." Voyd, for his part, positions his hand on the hilt of Huginn making a clear effort to show the robed figure that he won't hesitate to use force if he had to.

Two paths lie ahead of him, all converging to one destination. Whether or not the robed figures would choose to let him pass, would determine the outcome of how he'll reach that throne room.

~~

The hell was with this guy?

On the one hand he should just stab him, or call for help, though Master Kharlan had seemed to be in one of her quirky moods. Had she foreseen this? Plus he did have a final task to carry out handed down by her orders. Though if he would have his talk or not…

"You seen the doors, don't let me keep you from your Funeral, though maybe the Mistress will be able to convert you. If not for the fact you are so brazen I would have to attack you." Not elaborating on what he meant by this the Cultist warily eyes the intruder, before two others who arrived earlier carry out a brief discussion with one another, parting the doors with a crack. Standing beyond plane to see was the leader from the photograph before large broadsword on her shoulders, waiting as if expecting him this whole time.

~~

Surprisingly enough, all he got from the robed figures were a bunch of idle threats. His unconventional way of doing things had just earned him a free ticket towards the Abyssal's throne room. Sure, he sensed hostility from them but that was a considerably natural response towards an unknown like him. Still, it seemed like they weren't going to follow through with their hostilities as they opted to part their way for him to enter the inner sanctum that lay ahead. Though they would do this while warning him that the doors would lead to his funeral.

"Appreciate it, fellas. I'm glad we could come to an understanding, and not resort to needless violence. I can't speak the same for my acquaintances however. Best of luck to you all if you come across any of them." Voyd casually commented as he walked past the robed figures.

Making his way inside, he noticed the harsh features of the room from the moment he stepped in. For one thing, it was blatantly obvious how red was the main motif of the room. Red carpets were laid out on the floor, red paint covered the walls, and of course, no evil sanctum would be complete without the dried, splattered traces of blood that covered the floor just before him.

The walls were also adorned by the stuffed heads of creatures which must have been trophies collected by the room's owner. At the far back of the room, on the floor were two dead robed figures, the look of horror frozen on their expressions as if their respective deaths all came at a surprise. Whether or not these were also trophies or simply people who pissed the white haired girl seated at the altar of the center of the room remains debatable.

"Greetings. I assume your name is Mersha Kharlan, is it not? My name is Voyd, and like you, I am a fellow infernal. It is an honor to be standing in the presence of a great warrior. Though I'm not here to fight you. In fact, I could already attest that your strength is several leagues above mine. I just came here to ask you a bunch of questions, one personal, and one of interest to my crewmates. Perchance we could talk without the need to brandish our blades?"

If the Trinity decides to smile upon him, this matter would be settled without him having to fight the Abyssal. But, he already got away with entering the leader of the Word of Kharlan's inner sanctum without having the need to cut anyone down. He would have to be extremely lucky to get away from here without earning a couple of cuts and bruises.

~~

"Ah so another Rat showed his face, what a way to keep up the pace. Be not concerned with the two on the floor, agents of the Cabal, so I had them take a fall. Though how interesting, I've been expecting someone to come. But talking, so boring, but well enough I suppose. So what is it you want, the girl in the corner tied to the chair?"

~~

Looking at the woman before him, she seemed rather an odd sort, not even bothering to respond to his praise of her. Truthfully he had assumed her to be bit more egotistical, if that wasn't the case then what exactly was her game?

"If that's who I think it is, then yes. My employers want her. Other than that, I'm looking for a legendary sword that matches the one I have as part of a set, I have reason to believe you have it. What do you want for it, or can you confirm if it is what I seek? The name of the blade is-"

~~

Cutting him off, Mersha holds a single hand up making a shushing sound and motion.

"Oh, you can take her.. As to your blade of such I do not know. Or maybe I do, but first you must get past me. Or so I wish to say of thee. A blade is a blade, nevermind it's name. A tool needs not one, tis a shame."

~~

"If that be your opinion, then I guess we won't be able to see eye to eye. While you treat your sword as a mere instrument, my kind value them as a companion. Someone or in this case, something that shares the struggles of every battle you face, and the burden of every blood you shed. For that reason, every companion deserves a name, otherwise, based on your words, it's nothing more than a tool."

~~

Shrugging as she draws the sword, fire begins to form at the fringes of her eyes and hands, going down the massive greatsword. With her provocation, Voyd goes for a quick attack hoping to get her off center before she could reasonably use the massive sword. Only to be caught by surprise, as she wields the sword comparatively easily, beating him back with a massive blow. Sliding back on his heels as a metallic klang resounds through the room, as a small explosion suddenly echos through the room coming from up above.

"Oh? What a pity my play must come to a close." The leader of The Word of Kharlan says flatly, with a slightly frown. "Ah well, you flew back better than most, but for now I must be a terrible host. Though I shall give you a Boon of truth, Tis blade's name is Dragon's Tooth."

~~

"Wait! This isn't over!" Voyd says, reading his sword for another attack, while backing off would be more sensible, he did have a final trump card to play.

~~

But what good it did, the woman simply summoned her flames and laughed at his rebuttal. Letting her flames run like wild it seemed Erchius fire based elemental fuel was spread around the facility, reacting with her magic it went up in kind turning the structure into a blazing inferno. Laughing behind the wall of fire, Mersha taunts Voyd, kicking over the chair containing the princess into the spreading flames. "Oh My! You better run, run, or you'll be done, done!"

~~

Faced with the choice of confronting the woman in a pursuit as she walks off down a series of corridors leading away from the makeshift throne room and the rising flames or saving the woman now threatened by the flames. Rushing to her aid and scooping her up, Voyd uses his his natural abilities to cut the rope strands, removing the back over her head.

To his disappointment it was simply a look alike, shaking his head in disgust there was simply no time to continue the pursuit, he would simply have to catch up with her another time. Shaking his head at the ordeal Voyd points towards the exit.

"Go on, get out of here. There's a certain little Blood Devil I know who might take this all the wrong way." Getting her nod of thanks in turn Voyd heads off down the hall, he needed to reach Sorina and fast, that was his main job after all. Whatever that rhyming Abyssal had planned wasn't something he much cared to stay around for.

Last edited:
gqA4XKe.jpg

kZ2HcoR.jpg

Collab Between @Ehb and @Karyra (Warning: Very Long)​

As the team set out about it's mission the stealth pair from before had much of the same idea again at odds with their mercenary comrades, the pair were focused on infiltrating the compound, making there way into the interior for information, personal gain and the location of the Princess. Using the utmost of his stealth abilities, Seven overheard a conversation between a pair of Cultists walking the halls, speaking to one another;

"So the Boss wants us to pack everything up?"

"Yeah, we've already got everything important aboard the Maridius. The Boss should be on the way soon."

"Oh so both items of cargo are aboard?"

"Yeah, anyways tonight for dinner I thi-"

As the pair carry on with their talk, Sonya would run across a pair of Mercenaries carrying out a conversation much the same.

"Yeah the Cult Boys pulled everything out, been packing up a while since the Captain got spooked, putting us all on alert. I heard there's some fighting going on in the receiving Bay."

"Fighting huh? I wonder what those robe fanatics are up to now.. And heh the Captain sure knows his stuff huh? Good thing we helped them stash that freighter in the rear refinery."

"Yeah, say what you will about those dreamers, it's ugly as sin but it's a proper warship, the Cabal is going to be in for one hell of a Surprise when she launches."

"Yeah, anyways think it's time we cut our losses and-"

Regardless of the side conversations both groups let spill very important information, Whatever this ship was, it was being kept in the rear of the facility and the cultists were preparing to retreat aboard it, be it of greed or curiosity the two would advance towards the location. Among it's processors, blast furnaces, presses and conveyor belts, was an ugly monolith of a ship, with three notable weapon emplacements, she was smaller than the Lughanta but far more heavily armored and armed. With the shape and general design of the ore freighter still showing through, she had been considerably reinforced and modified with metal plating, two large guns belonging to a Dreadnought class ship were notable from her top, with a smaller dual mounted gun on the lower level, and yet another sort of weapon in the maw of her bow.

gg2tIiURwixz34cEkpBjPx2C1KbNbkHnpSZ50AK15BW0xa1hKKR2hrAJ5g269v9iDdwF281G4IsftYQ3rGWVkUgbUx_ImogTsb3Jjn4yS5AICT59x7_OJVd7brk7ZbvXpmp565XI

She was ugly as sin and old, but likely a formidable warship in and of itself, the Maridius would come as a total shock to any that dared stand in it's way. More so her main armaments, the Cabal seemed to have no idea something this powerful laid to strike at it's heart of power.

Catching sight of one another, the pair would link up to observe the situation and search the ship out, to discover just what this cargo was that these allies of Shinobu deemed so worth the rush and protection. Plus with luck, if the others failed wouldn't the Princess be brought here?

As the two observed the production floor taken up mostly by the larger ship it seemed to be a beehive of activity as the cargo bays in the stern and bow were loaded, the upper decks awash in magitek wieldings fast at work finishing the armored plate or performing checks on the ships weapons, some doors and hatches were open here and there, but overall the security seemed rather light. As with most of the base the majority of Cultist and Mercenaries seemed to be elsewhere, though a good number seemed to be here, getting the ship ready for flight and battle.

While the key systems were heavily guarded or being worked on the cargo decks and base entries seemed to be rather poorly guarded all things considered.

~~~​

Saying that Sonya was interested in following after the Blood Demon -that probably caused that crash she heard earlier- was probably the same as electing to put herself into a one on one fight. No thanks, she'd rather not visit the doctor. She'd probably have to sooner or later, but she'd rather not do that.

A quick survey of castle revealed that.... well they had a really, and she meant really ugly warship. Well-armed, well armored, and totally capable of tearing their ship apart. If that thing took off they'd be screwed even if they managed to get the princess back.

Ugh, this was already looking bad because now she had to be more trustworthy than usual and not just book it for where those crazy people kept their valuables. She'd just have to stick to pick-pocketing wallets or looting as they left. Which was not nearly the same as breaking into a vault, but it would do. She wanted some more money just because it was weird to just be handed money as though she's earned it. Which... she had. Sonya wasn't sure how to feel about that still.

But the ugly ship had the potential for the princess to be on board. Sonya could play -ugh- the hero and rescue the princess, maybe get some praise for breaking into the base alone -or with Seven if he showed up- and then get out of this craziness. A former thief once-assassin rescuing a princess? What fictional book had this plot?

Sonya managed to link back up with Seven briefly, smiling with ease at the idea of her comrades pulling all the attention. "So what say you that we trash that nasty boat of theirs and then call ourselves heroes for wrecking their getaway vehicle?"

"Hey," Sonya said with a sly smile. "We might even get to be the dashing hero who swoops in to save the princess too. But I gotta say, I make a better hero than you. Better looking, and all. Suppose that would have to end up a race to see who gets to say they just managed to save the princess again and managed to keep her, though."

Of course Sonya was blissfully unaware of any relationship Seven had with the Imperial Princess, because why would a shady guy like him know such a high ranking woman? Plus, Sonya still knew he was hiding something, what with the 'thing to live for' comment and all. Mercenaries were people who were running from something. Boredom, normal life, heck in her case it was the Doge. Happy people were not mercenaries make.

"So... any thoughts there on the ship, Mister Number?"

~~~​

"If that atrocity were a headpiece I'd say it do much to enhance your so-called charming features, certainly."
Seven said plainly. "But, stopping the ship would be immensely beneficial. There's a couple of ways of keeping that ship from leaving off the top of my head. 1: Take over wherever the bridge is. 2: Sabotage the engines so they won't be able to get underway. 3: ..."

The young man took a look up towards the roof of the complex, contemplatively.

"Nevermind. We wouldn't want to have the entire place crashing down on us even if we had the equipment to do so."

Looking back to the drow, it was apparent what the first step was.

"First, we're going to have to get into the ship. We'll decide how to go it after we've managed to do that."
Seven said as he inspected a course of which to take.

The security through the cargo loading area was certainly lighter. SNeaking from box to box for cover was possible. But there was a faster alternative. The tall standing structures for the ship supports as well as loading apparatuses could be utilized. Additionally, they were about the correct distance from one another for Tethering.

If time was of the essence, he was going to make use of the fastest method he had on him.

Immediately, Sonya felt her personal space, violated mercilessly as Seven hauled her over his shoulder like cattle.

"Whatever you do. Don't start panicking and making noise."

After waiting for the most opportune time, Seven landed upon the shoulder of a guard by one of the base entryways. Knocked to the ground, Seven took hold of the back of his head, and slammed it into the ground. Knocking them out before he could even be aware of what was happening.

Moving low, he took up the guard and made his way inside. The immediate entryway had no one patrolling, so he was able to move in.

Just above this scene, from where Seven had come down from, Sonya was hanging from a pole. It was harrowing, but it was not nearly as much of an adventure as it was to be swinging from place to place. She had been left there to follow after Seven after he cleared the guard.

Putting the unconscious guard behind a stack of shipping boxes against the wall, Sonya saw Seven give a thumbs up. 'All clear,' it meant. She was safe to land and regroup after him.

~~~​

The sack of potatoes grab and drag around was just revenge, wasn't it. See if I save your life after you throw a bomb again, jerk.

Sonya waited for the sign then swung down using her grapple. Once she landed and inspected the goon to make sure he wouldn't go anywhere fast, she turned to Seven.

Clearly indignant, "you know I could have done that myself. If anything it was safer than letting you swing me around on your shoulder."

She sighed.

The pay wasn't worth any of this. The ability to say 'hey I saved the world' wasn't worth this. Plus, he'd insulted her hat. Sonya was feeling if only a little destructive towards this stupid ship and her companion.

"I wanna destroy this dumb boat. Besides, I can rationalize it all I like but this ship is ugly and seems to insult my good taste. I want it to never fly again," Sonya moved ahead of Seven, grinning. "Plus imagine the look on their faces when this ugly thing they're so proud of is nothing more than a hunk of junk."

Now that would be fun. Too bad they didn't have any explosives on hand, because then it would be the previous mission on replay. But this time they'd actually be successful. Not to mention there was the potential of sweet, sweet revenge. But no explosives so finally being able to destroy the engines of a ship would probably do.

"So come on, I think we should probably get going before yet another guard stumbles across this one."

~~~​

As the pair carry out their amusing conversation at the expense of one another over the collapsed guard, while the pair talked about destroying the ship that would be more than a little difficult with what they had on hand. Which was to say nothing but their hands.

Though disrupting it's full capabilities or launch should be theoretically possible if the ship's control or drive systems were to be damaged. As luck, good or bad seems to chime in, the fallen guard is called for from within the entryway.

"Eh Heinrich! You better not be fucking sleeping again! Your break ended three minutes ago, now hurry the hell up, It's my turn to get to some fresh air from that godsdamned welding. And go bring the little shit in the holds her meal would yah, who knows when our Dear Leader will turn up here, or that Bloody Orc."

With a bit of a pause the figure calls out, walking into the entryway with a wrench in his hands, a human from the looks of him, looking at the ground as he rubs oil off his tool, he hadn't taken notice of the pair in front of him, but no matter how oblivious he was that couldn't not see them much longer as his head lifts up for a look around. "Hein- Who the fuck are you two! Heinrich!?"

~~~​

Speaking of engines and engineers who may know how to wreck an engine...

"The kind of people with sharp, sharp knives," Sonya said, leaping forward to grab the man by the collar. "And a penchant for making engines work no longer. So if you'd like to help us, we can promise no more godsdamned welding."

Sonya pulled the man in close and pushed the knife against his neck, smiling the whole time. Sonya liked to think that sort of thing was unsettling.

"If not you get to join your friend in... ah where would you end up? With Luna? Sol? What do you think, Numbers? Also any suggestions for where I cut first? I'm thinking in the leg. Painful, and have you ever seen a man try to run on one well-off leg and one... well after that I can't call it a leg? Because I have."

"So play nice and help us out. What's the best way to make sure this boat never flies again?"

~~~​

Seven found it questionable about certain aspects of the drow's personality but regardless, she now had a handle over another hostage and was in the process of extracting information of of them.

There were some questions he had himself, but Sonya did have the right idea. Stopping this ship from taking off was the top priority and they had to do it fast. At the moment, the interrogation of this person was her game. Seven didn't feel it to be in his place to intrude on someone who had a knife on someone else's throat.

At best, he kept his senses keen, on anyone else who might be approaching.

~~~​

As the pair question the rather helpless Mechanic, the man seemed rather world weary to not really care what was said and done, he had just talked poorly about a superior afterall just moments ago. "Well unless you kill me Princess I'll have to weld back any bloody damage you do. And yeah go ahead and stab me, I'll scream and everyone will come running. And I'm a bloody Mechanical Welder, the hell do I know about ship systems? She's a compartmentalized cargo hauler too so damage won't spread across sections unless you really try."

"Anyways I would like to go home.. All I know is the ship is being prepped to leave the City, we loaded some cargo and some mess of a er.. guest, you could try taking out the fuel lines or muddling with the bow cannon I guess. Piss all if I know that will do anything but piss em off, I'm just hired on with Orksens Mercs, they don't just let me run around exactly though I work with em. That's all I got to say, so slot me or knock me out, I ain't got time for your bullshit Drow."

The main offers his information dryly though on face value none to valuable it could perhaps be useful in an expected manner.

~~~​

"Oh hoh? A guest?" Sonya smiled even wider. She could screw them beyond just wrecking the ship. If that was possible from what this engineer said. "Well then, never mind on the destroying the ship part."

If it wasn't the Princess they could still get both the Princess and the person so important that they had to go on the heavily armored ship. It was a two for one sale. That is, if this engineer was telling the truth. Most workers didn't tend to be able to lie on the spot, but this guy was still level headed enough to threaten to scream.

"You wouldn't happen to know where that guest might be, would you?" Sonya pushed the knife closer. After this question she'd probably just knock him out too and then head right for the guest. It'd be more annoying to drag along someone else, but it would be worth it to confirm a hunch or two.

"And I'd answer those questions quick. You see, I've got a schedule to keep and I have people to see. Mostly about destroying your base and killing your leaders, but you know how those demons are. All bloodthirsty."

~~~​

"Well my friend there was going to feed her, so fuck no I don't know where she is. And blood thirsty so says the one holding a knife to another's throat."

He chuckled at the remark on the base, if they couldn't piece together what was happening then it was none of his fault. Nor was he going to help them out more than he had to.

"Er, anyways I can't just tell you everything you know that right? She's in cargo hold, we set her up in a storage bay on D-deck, E Room, she should be getting her meals and sedatives right now though. No point asking me about security down there, even if I knew I'm not about to help you stab any of my comrades. I just know we're having to patrol a lot more as we get the ship ready. Just some blonde haired girl, seems to be a mess. And no, I don't know where we were set to go. Look I'm in my forties and I've been doing this a long time girl.. I'm a metal worker, not a soldier. I don't have a reason to lie, nor care to. But I'm not about to vouch for you what's down there, nor to tell you she's for sure in that room, dunno why you're so interested in her either, don't care. We done?"

~~~​

"I see.."

Suddenly the man with red hair spoke up.

"I'll promise you you'll wake up next to Heinrich there later if you can answer me one last question. Could you please tell us where the ship's powerplant or engine room is located?"

The man with red hair, appearing to hail of Brendornian descent, was curt and to the point.

"The drow and I aren't planning something as preposterous as what you think. But I do belive stopping this ship here will result in less of a death toll than it being eventually blown out of the sky. You can be as skeptical as you want - but believe me. If this ship takes off with you two knocked out in here, I can promise you'll never set foot on the ground alive."

Did Seven know something that Sonya and the other weren't told about. Was this really a suicide mission after all? There was nothing in Seven's expression that betrayed any sort of dishonesty. He seemed to be returning the favor the welder had given them.

"This drow and I are plan A. Plan B will blow up this ship soon after it flies through the hangar gates with you, me and everyone else aboard in it. The only reason we want to stop plan B is because we want the girl. That's all."

~~~​

"Hmm.. Like I said they don't let me run around that often, the design of this ship is pretty old though, back when we first starting making them, my father likely worked on birds like her.. She has four reactors, still slow as a sonovabitch in spite of all that energy. Maybe a fifth. Those two side bolter sections are where the drive engines are, an auxiliary in the tub towards the rear, one more in the bow for that gun up front, then the fifth I think is on the upper floors, never seen it, maybe they just use the bulb reactor to power the main guns but I doubt it. And unless your plan'n to bomb the hangar, ain't no way you're stopping this hunk of shit. The Cult boss calls her a Pocket Battleship. She might be sunk one day but I ain't planning to be on it."

Looking at the pair he frowns, staring at the pair.

"You two sons of bitches lying, I'll come back and haunt you. That's all I know, theoretically you might can get to one or even two and aggravate the power systems, but if that will stop it or not I'm not say'n I'm a welder and mechanic, not a bloody engineer."

~~~​

"We were specifically picked for our honesty certainly. You can see it all over my colleagues dagger, most certainly."

As he said that, the gears in Seven's mind tried to process the options.

So they did choose choose and out outfit this freighter for a reason. There was enough redundancy in the power systems that just knocking out one wasn't going to put the whole thing out of commission. Such a thing was typical for any good ship of the line. That line of thought was already in place during his academy days. Knocking out the engines was going to be a long way of doing things. It would have to be a miracle or particularly shoddy maintenance or engineering if one core being knocked out would stop the ship entirely.

"One last question. I promise."

If he couldn't knock out the ship's engines... Then what if they knocked out the brains?

"So suppose this ship's bridge was neutralized. Wherever that is. Would they have any other way to operate the ship? Like a secondary bridge?"

~~~​

"Well I don't know how you'll do it, pretty large bridge.. But it does have smaller strom bridge. It's out near the main gun, above it rather in the stack, the main bridge is below it. Most of the duty staff is there getting the ship in order. Would be better off going after the steering rudders, but I rather doubt you and your friend care to hang off the side of the ship clear as day to everyone to jam it. It wouldn't stop the ship but it would play hell with maneuvering. And yeah, regular fucking saint you got there…"

Answering the question it seem the worker didn't judge it worth trying to attack the ship at all, but it's systems did have some vulnerabilities that at the least would make useful information in either case.

~~~​

This guy had quite a bit of lip. Of course, Seven had to swoop in and promise not to kill the guy. Sonya rolled her eyes at him, he had to go and ruin the intimidation she had. She really wanted to throw this guy off the boat now. Either Seven or the worker.

Who she had assumed knew something about engineering this dumb boat, but it was quickly becoming apparent to her that the two jobs were different. At least she had where the Princess was being held. Blonde and probably tortured? Princess or Princess-adjacent, and the sedatives were wearing off since they had to use more. That meant saving some effort on their part.

"Awww, you flatter me. Never been called a saint before," Sonya said. "Ah, but the saint that I am, I guess I'm just gonna have to say goodnight to you and go on my way. Thanks for the help!"

With an expert hand she aimed to knock out the worker. Once she did that, she moved him over to where Seven's knocked out worker was and scavenged for some nearby rope. It wasn't a lot, so she just ended up tying their legs to each other. At the very least that would slow them down. Sonya also took the liberty of looting them for money on the sly.

"Okay, it'll be faster to split up and attack different places. I vote myself for Princess. I can do locks easily and you seem to be good at ruining engines. I mean, most people are. If we can even slow this thing down that would be good. I don't want it chasing after us. Meet back here when we finish, and then we can get out of here on some of their spare airboats or something. Sound like a plan?"

~~~​

Somehow, Seven couldn't help but feel like he was being given the short end of the stick. But, that feeling was shrugged off relatively quickly The sword that he brought with him was proof of it. He'd be lying if he was to say he came in not expecting the eventuality of a bloodbath.

"I'll take that as a vote of confidence. Fine. Be careful after you've retrieved her."

~~~​

As the pair set about their respective tasks Seven was more than a bit reluctant to let Sonya handle what he considered one of his duties, more so with his personal connection to the Princess. But in this case his training made him more suitable to the task, deciding to accompany Sonya part of the way the pair momentarily lose their breathe in stunned silence as alarms and red lights begin to flash throughout the ship, a older male voice coming over the Erchius powered speaker system. "Attention all crew! Prepare to receive the Mistress! The Signal has been set! All hands make ready for deployment! Glory to the Word! Glory To Darius! Glory and Freedom to us! Let us light the fires of Revolution in Somnus and beyond!"

Damn, so did we really take that long questioning that welder? Or maybe it was just inevitable. Seven thought to himself. No matter, this isn't changing anything. The reason why we're here is definitely to get her out.

He pressed on.

Throughout the ship thunderous roars of crewmen could be heard with the clattering of tools and weapons against bulkheads on purpose. It seemed the ship had a mission and the main boss of this operation was about to show, if they were to recover the princess then the plan to disrupt the ship would be heavily hampered if not outright ruined… But they had to do something to at least slow the monstrosity down..

Wandering through the ship with a mixture of luck, and skill, Seven seeks out and finds the central reactor's power supply lines, fortunately electrical feedback wasn't a major concern, given the heavy security however this was the only option he had as the ship shudders, spoiling up. Borrowing a nearby fire axe, this went against most common sense or his training, axing the couplings in a few locations. It wasn't as potentially devastating as destroying the reactor outright, but it had one similarly desirable set of effects. Causing a distraction, at the very least. He escaped the area before the crews could arrive.

Meanwhile true to the Mechanic's word the Princess was where the all too talkative mechanic said she would be. Sliding up to the locked door, Sonya slides her hand over the lock and it clicks open, but Olivia already seemed to have had her meal upon entry, barely lucid, she seems terrified upon seeing Sonya, calming down only after a few reassurances and mention of the Lughanta and Seven. With a bit of luck and the rush to deal with the damaged power couplings, the trio manage to sneak off during the mad rush, with Olivia being carried between the pair. Judging by first impressions the girl would be in need of medical examination. With Seven at the back with her legs and Sonya at the front with Oliva's arms, they needed to get the hell out of there and the Princess was in no condition for a piggyback ride.

Just Sonya's luck that she had to deal with a crazed Princess.

~~~​

Meanwhile elsewhere, as the trio make tracks between them, the ship and the raging inferno a lone figure in white armor takes notice of them from the deck, Shinobu. Leveling her Canister Launcher she takes aim and fires as a motion jerks her right shoulder, missing high. As the pulse round explodes, brickwork, metal and rock fragment scatter. Pelting Sonya with the worst of it.

Most of it hit the center of her back, which would have been avoided if she figured that making sure that the unconscious mass of Princess she was holding would have preferred to arrive at the Lughanta full of brick and metal.

Pushing on at full force, Seven ignores the dust and particles, trying to shield Olivia from whatever fragments came her way. To varied amounts of success. In truth, it seemed that the drow managed to do the most work in that regard.

He chuckled, even as his breath heaved.

"I heard your people have this concept called Karma. This is how it's supposed work, I presume?"

"Hey Numbers..." Sonya said, gritting her teeth to breathe through the pain. God, her back was on fire, but the princess was too drugged to walk so working through the pain it was. She just had to keep moving. "If anyone was gonna get karma... wouldn't it be you what with being shadier than I am? At least I have a real, godsdamned name."

"Let's leave that aside for now. There's not much you can steal off of me anyway. Even if you knew anything about my wretched history. All it would do is waste your time." He said. It was hard to tell from the chaos going all around whether his self pity was genuine or wholly sarcastic.

"Pffft, I learned early on not to mess with people who were scarier than my parents or their employees. I wouldn't steal from you even if the fate of the world depended on it. Which, for once since going on the boat, I'm glad it doesn't." If she had the capacity right now, she probably would have slapped him for the self pity but her hands were full and she was pretty sure she probably would have passed out like the Princess the second she wasn't focusing. "You people and your saving the world nonsense."

"As far as I'm concerned this is all just to have food and a place to sleep. Think as you wish, Drow. For now, we need to get out of here and bring our VIP back to safety with our allies."

As the pair continue their talk and back and forth, Oliva groans as if not fully aware of their situation or presence. "I-i will be thwa-empress, pissants..ugh..plee..se not again..l-let me.." Not finishing her sentence she seemed to be fast asleep in spite of the chaos around her.

Loading in a new round and ignorant of what stopped her, Shinobu is shocked as then it was made more clear by a firm grip on her neck. Looking at the trio, the red eyed infernal leader smiles and waves a single hand. As if to just be saying hello or to be shooing them away.

Feeling a sensation piercing into his back. Seven glanced back for just a moment. Catching a glimpse of the traitor and, someone who seemed to have already had the upper hand on them. For just a moment, the person - or rather, the infernal whom had Shinobu in their grips most certainly fit the definition of-

Seven instinctively turned away, as a chunk of metal flew past him. There were people who had their vendettas against Shinobu, certainly. One person in particular - and understandably so after what had happened due to her betrayal. For now though, they had the princess. They had to get out.

Mersha Kharlan was a secondary objective for them anyway.

Sonya couldn't help but look back and see the creepy infernal waving at them. Well, that could have been better. At least she wasn't aiming a bow or gun or or assorted weapon. Shinobu was there too, and while Sonya couldn't feel betrayed by a teammate she never knew, she could sense there was gloating there. Plus the giant cannon she had hinted at who just gave Sonya her backache.

With a shake of her head to say no to Shinobu and a large smile on her partner's face, the Imperial Commando was more than a little confused by this demanding an answer. What in the hell was she doing?

Reactions: Astros
hdNJYCF.jpg

vpFoF07.jpg

Cera frowned when the Grandmaster theorized that Shinobu could be a sleeper agent from the Imperials. Does that mean they have been developing the Void technology for quite a while, and even foresighted that Princess Olivia will attempt to atone for her mistakes for possibly setting the world on fire once more? The thought of it made the half-Infernal nervous as the Grandmaster assured that he will pass the message to Divine-Queen Ivanova. He then asks Ariel to show Silva and the others to their own room, while ordering the youkai prisoner to be held in a temporary confinement. With a glance and a nod to the prisoner as she was led out by the Grandmaster, Cera followed Ariel to her room.

With a few walks in the clean, marbled corridors, the trio eventually reached their rooms. The Celestial escort assigned the vacant rooms to them, and mentioned that they can explore the Cathedral and even Eustia itself, on the condition that they have to return to the rooms by night.

"Have a good rest and blessings of The Divine One, Sol, and Luna be upon you."

Ariel concluded with a bow. Cera did not immediately enter her room however, and merely stood there. Once Silva and Ádalé headed to their own business, Cera took a step forward, her gaze on Ariel's clear blue eyes.

After taking a deep breath...

"Have we met before?"

The half-Infernal said, decided to find out why she felt uncannily familiar with the Celestial.

The Celestial was about to return to her duties when the red-eyed woman spoke up to her. Oh my~ and to think she'd never have the courage to do it. "Hmmm~" A knowing smile crossed the angel's face as she moved closer towards the door leading into Cera's assigned room, "Let's talk inside then." Once they were both safely entered the room, Ariel closed the door behind her.

"To answer your question..." Ariel paused for a moment, "Yes and no. This is our first time meeting face-to-face but~ we might have conversed with each other before." With a rather mischievous smirk, The angel giggled shyly, "Forgive me if I offended you but... I am honored that you took my invitation."

That small smile soon turned into a frown as she sighed, "I fear for the future, there is only so much we can do." Her gaze then lifted back up, "My apologies... so, do you have any more questions? I'd be happy to answer to the best of my abilities."

"Hmmm~"

Ariel playfully smiled at Cera as she headed towards the half-Infernal's room. Since then, Cera's curiosity has been increasing uncomfortably.

"Let's talk inside then."

The Celestial escort invited the crimson-eyed sellsword, before entering Cera's room. After closing the door behind her, Ariel began answering Cera's questions in the same mischievous tone. Then...

"Forgive me if I offended you but... I am honored that you took my invitation."

Cera narrowed her eyes as she began to realize the identity of the voice that appeared in her head days. The calm, iconic voice was actually Ariel, who standing right in front of her, giggling in a carefree manner? She thought it was a hallucination of her late best friend, from the now-defunct Crimson Dragons.

The red-eyed sellsword found the truth to be slightly... unnerving. What did she do to get the attention of a Celestial? As Ariel took a quick detour and expressing her fear for the future, which was now uncertain, Cera continued to figure out the reasons why the Celestial decided to appear in her head.

"My apologies... so, do you have any more questions? I'd be happy to answer to the best of my abilities."

The half-Infernal displayed a conflicted expression, as she was attempting to sort out the numerous questions that appeared in her thoughts.

"Uh..." Cera hesitated. "Why me?"

She continued on, with an uncertain look on her face. "At first, I thought I was hallucinating. The voice reminded me of my late-best friend from a previous mercenary company that I once worked in. She was..."

Then the half-Infernal felt something was off. As she reminisced the discussion with the voice on last briefing, comes another significant realization. It felt like an arrow has struck her chest.

"Wait a minute..." Cera gestured in a distressed manner. "Judging from our previous exchange, does that mean that you know everything that I know?!"

She raised her voice at the end, expressing her insecurity.

"I mean, considering the things that you have said before, you did read into my mind, right?!"

Cera exclaimed with a disturbed expression.

Whether it was surprising for the halfbreed or not, that was a question the Messengers received often. 'Why?', the mortal races were often curious. Sometimes, Ariel wished her Justicar brethren would question their actions more instead of just blindly following their outdated creed. "Simple really, because your company played a direct hand in the incident at the Sovereign, if not, why would Princess Olivia be on board your ship?" The Celestial bore her gentle smile, "As to why you in specific... I just predict you'd welcome my offer, that's all, and as it turned out, I am right, aren't I?"

"You most certainly were not, Cera. Ah?" The blonde put one hand near her lips, a look of shocked guilt on her fair features, "Forgive me, it was never my intention to bring up past memories." Ariel was speaking as herself but perhaps, she should have introduced herself first. Still, it wasn't something she did on purpose.

"Uhm... not really, Cera. Despite what rumors about us Celestials out there, we are unable to read minds. We, Messengers, have developed the means to send messages over long-distances through telepathy but the matters of the mind, heart, and soul belong only to the Trinity." Ariel kept her voice calm, "I knew what I know because... well, I assume you don't know that Celestials are ageless? It is our duty as Messengers to keep watch over Bumi. The event of your betrayal was witnessed by myself and my peers." She huffed, "I hope my explanation clears out any misunderstandings?"

Cera listened on as Ariel answered to her questions. So the half-Infernal was chosen due to her involvement with Princess Olivia, along with the high possibility that she will honor the call, which she did after persuading her. It also seemed that the Celestial did not expect that Cera would be concerned with her actions, and proceeded to explain some of the details regarding her role as a Messenger, as well as how did she managed to learn about her past.

"I hope my explanation clears out any misunderstandings?"

The crimson-eyed sellsword eventually relaxed herself. There are still some questions remaining, however.

"I'm aware that Celestials are immortal..." Cera blinked. "And yes, it has cleared most of my misunderstandings. But I still have some questions..."

The half-Infernal pondered, before continuing.

"How did the Messengers observe the mortal realm? I assume you and the other fellow Messengers observed Bumi through our point of view, or with some mysterious equipment in Celestia?"

Cera asked with a curious expression, which contrasted with her previous stern expression during the meeting with the Grandmaster.

"Also, is there any way for me to uh..." She stopped, trying to find the appropriate word. "... contact you in the same way like you did to me?"

"I know that I'm asking too many questions by now..." The half-Infernal scratched her head, with a slightly timid expression. "But this whole Messenger thing is certainly new for me."

Quite a curious and inquisitive girl she was, "Yes, however, we are not invincible, we can still perish if a sword impales our heart much like a human would. True immortality belongs only to the One." Ariel listened patiently as Cera continued with her inquiries, she'd answer them all one by one.

"It might not be as grand or majestic as you think, we really just look down from Celestia or witness them directly by disguising ourselves. in your case, the unfortunate treacherous event, it was the former. As I said before, we can not take your senses as ours just as we can not read your minds." The Celestial kept up her patient smile, she saw Cera's mood lifting up, how it delighted her, wonderful.

"Hmmm... unless you have the ability to initiate a mental conversation, I don't think so I am afraid. However, considering the current circumstances, most likely we'd be working closely together from now on." Ariel giggled, "It's no trouble, you are not the first person who asked these questions, Cera. Is there anything else? If not, I'll take my leave as you need your rest after the trip."

"... Is there anything else? If not, I'll take my leave as you need your rest after the trip."

Ariel replied when she was finished with the second set of questions. Cera felt that she could chat with the Celestial on and on, but it was time to conclude the conversation. It has been a while since the half-Infernal has chatted with someone else leisurely.

"That's all for now, I guess..." Cera replied, smiling. "Thank you for your time."

"You're welcome. May the blessing of the Trinity be upon you."

Once Ariel left, the half-Infernal slumped to the bed, her uncertain red-eyes stared at the ceiling.

"I guess Mom and Dad were right..." She muttered to herself. "There are angels that watch over us..."

Then Cera closed her eyes.

"And my guardian angel feels like a late best friend becoming alive once more, staying on my side again..."

ZjPb2CR.png

rDhHdjX.jpg

The meeting went about as well as was expected. Rurik predicted the arrogance and jabs would continue following his demands, though he would have to admit that he believed that the nuisances would have come from the Cabal and not what he believed was one of his own. This Venrid, both from how he spoke and how the Cabal spoke of him indicated that he was known around here. Regardless, Rurik made no indication to bite back, merely sending a glance at his so-called "comrade". Other than that, the meeting appeared to end with little debacle and most of their demands were met.

Returning to the inn, they were given their debriefings and pushed to depart. The Blood Devil would be the one leading, which was a decision the wizard didn't disapprove of. While bloodthirsty and tenacious, such traits were positive when not directed at oneself. Most importantly, the girl appeared to share his own views in regards to this city and the Cabal.

At Sorina's orders, Rurik gave a nod. "It will be done." As the group dispersed, he proceeded on his own to the loading area. Though, while his presence there was mainly suited to being a failsafe in the case of the princess being moved, he soon found that his job would be much more active. Hearing a few loud crashes and thuds only growing louder, suddenly a large greenskin burst through the nearest wall with the Blood Devil thrown back by his tackle.

Instantly scowling, Sorina's order was needless. Rurik drew his blade and donned his armor which materialized seemingly from the shadows themselves. "You stand on the wrong side in this fight, Ork." Speaking in a tone that almost sounded condescending, dark streaks begin to erupt from his shoulder blades as the human slowly levitates off the ground. No later than when his feet leave the floor, he grasps the hilt of his sword with both hands and shoots forward at the green menace. Drawing the blade back as he nears his opponent, suddenly it too begins to radiate violently with a dark aura before Rurik crashes it against the ork's axe.

In most cases, a human would in any fight want to avoid a direct confrontation with a greenskin. What the green tide lacked in mind, they made up for in brute strength. However, Rurik's magic might could make up for what he lacked against the orc.

~

"Right Wrong, Same defrance Ummie! I's get paid with a contrat, so gotz ta fight yah. Not personal." Rearing up his axe to meet the Charge the Orc seemed not in the least bit concerned by the flashy magic man's attack. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Charging forward in turn, the Orc raises his axe after parrying the blade attack. "You gonna get a smak'n Ummie!" Meeting the Spellsword head on, Orksen didn't seem slowed down in the slightest by his attack. "Oi, yah fook'n Ummie Fly'n around, well I gotz sumfin for yah!"

Breaking away in the attack, Gorgutz reaches into his armored chest and grabs a handful of feathers, and surprisingly corn kernels, throwing them in front of Rurik's charge. This in turn attracted a number of Chickens from near by storage containers, as the mad Orc laughs, scaling the heights leaving Rurik to face a number of Chickens getting in his way pecking and cawing. Feathers blowing around in his field of vision it wasn't sure where the Orc had vanished to, only that he was still in this room, waiting for a chance to Ambush the human warrior. While not the most honorable of things to do, it succeeding in distracting the warrior, allowing for Gorgutz to get even with his magical flying hijinks.

Meanwhile elsewhere, Sorina continues her own battle, squaring off against the eight. While the grouping stops briefly in its exchange of blows to watch the spectacle this is soon disrupted by Sorina taking the opportunity to spear one of them.

~~~

"I do not mean in regards to morality… I insinuate that you stand on the side that will lose." Clashing against the Orc's weapon, the aura surrounding the blade violently fluctuates around the metal. As the two weapons separate however and Rurik prepares a follow-up attack, the greenskin reached into this plate and threw—feathers? Suddenly, a flock of chickens assaulted him. Growling, the birds did naught to actually harm him, but they certainly acted as a nuisance. Waving, slapping and slashing the birds away, he notices the Orc is gone.

"I've never seen an Orc capable of such cowardice…" He said with a click of his tongue, looking around for the now-gone brute. However, his search was unnecessary as no sooner that he dealt with the chickens did he hear another loud war shout coming from above. The Orc sought to assault him from the sky, a poor choice considering his own abilities.

"A poor choice…" Gripping his blade with both hands once again, the dark aura surrounding the blade erupted violently once again and with an overhead cleave towards the greenskin above him and his own battle cry, the blackness shot up at him with aggression and hostility capable of one living.

~~~

"Itz called Taktikz dum Ummie." Watching the black magic shooting his way, Gorgutz had no magical abilities of his own, or even magitek, relying on brute physical force and cunning of a sort, the Orc responds in the one way he knows how, using his battle axe as a shield to ride in on, the Orc moves the blade under his feet, glaring down as magical aura splits and crackles around him, waiting for metal to meet metal the Orc grunts a sort of laugh out. "Deff from Above Ummie!"

Seemingly without fear the Orc rides the energy blast while attempting to balance on his body, as if to be riding a wave, had Gorgutz just inadvertently came up with a new way to pass the time? Either way if the thought occurred to the Green Skin or not was up to debate. Either way the unorthodox tactic would be another thing the human spellsword would have to react to.

~~

"Tactics do not involve livestock!" With a growl as Rurik watched the Orc's strange adaptations to his attacks, the wizard grew tired of this peculiar bout. Blasting off the ground and at the greenskin magic-surfing his attack in order to meet the brute's blade once again. With his attack pushing against the falling Orc and Rurik's charge, momentum would lie on the swordsman's side.

With an upward cleave of his blade, Rurik forced his weapon up, attempting to carry with it the Orc's axe and disrupt his balance. Despite the brute's large size and strength, the greenskin was unlikely able to call upon his physique stuck in the air. Drawing the sword up after clashing it against the axe, Rurik brought it down once more at Orksen with the intent of sending him back onto solid ground with the help of his flight.

~~

As the pair tussle, the Orc resorts to fighting hand to hand, not giving Rurik any room to back off, as the battle rages between the pair, Sorina seems to have just finished off the last of her eight, laughing like a lunatic with blade in hand, coming up in a run behind the two a distant explosion rocks the structure, followed by roaring flames.

"Oi yah bitch! Dis won't part'o da deal.. Oh Sods it!" Rolling away from a falling support beam that was now catching fire, Gorgutz makes a break for it, separating himself from an inconclusive engagement. Sorina for her part spins back the way she came to leave the structure as quick as she came, determined to find the source of the fire and it's unnatural sudden spread. Rurik for his part would have the entryway he originally used to escape the burning structure.

~~

Clicking his tongue, the Orc seemed to switch up his attacks and makes use of an unarmed assault. Doing his best to evade what he could and bat off attacks with his blade, unfortunately he lacked much ability in hand to hand combat and the closer range left him with inadequate use of his sword. However, all Rurik needed to do was hold him off for a short while as the Blood Devil arrived to provide assistance, which the Orc wanted no part in dealing with.

With the Orc retreating at the area crumbling, it was unfortunate, but Rurik would have to let him go. There was a decent chance some falling rubble would do the job of executing the greenskin for him. For now, he merely needed to assure that he wasn't crushed as well.

oQceU7S.jpg

As she watches Rurik take on the Orc leader, the Blood Devil pairs off against the eight mercenaries. Recovering her footing, she was fortunate most of them were of the, as she termed them lesser races. Though of varying gear and weapons quality, they all seemed to be rather alert. If she had one advantage it was in the fact Gorgutz hired his Mercs on an ad-hoc bases. They never likely worked together till now.. But there was one thing she wanted to learn, that more primordial power that she had achieved after Shinobu had attempted killing her.

The question was how... She didn't exactly want to be stabbed through and need to repair her armor, plus this riff raff wouldn't be enough to challenge her, while they had numbers they were little better than the pirates from what seemed long ago. During the initial exchanges Sorina waits for an opening, upon the Orc doing his insane tactic with the chickens, the armored warrior uses the opportunity to skewer one of their number in the confusion.

Summoning bit's of her blood to make projectiles she obtains a kill on a second. All in all she had requested this purely for a chance to use her newly acquired weapon. A field test in combat, plus the new guy might have only gotten in her way, she never seen his capabilities, though it seemed he was some sort of spellsword.

Following the plunge of a sword through her segmented left arm's armored plating, one of the mercs cries out in jubilation, as sclera turns a bright bread matching her slit pupil iris. "Ehehehehe!" With her fingernails becoming claw like under her platemail gloves, Sorina focus is fixed on trying to unleash that aspect from before, channeling her blood into the same bloody mass of before, using it to literally travel down the blade before coiling its way around the other fighter ripping into his limbs as Sorina finishes him off with a swing of her lance, Cleaving downwards.

Focusing her energy into the weapon, a blast of crimson aura emanates from the lance, followed up with a second and third in rapid succession.

Demon Lord Strike.

Terming the attack as such in her mind it might be worth training with the spear to see how else she could utilize her blood and Aura through use of this Scarlet Thorn. Watching as the wave blasts into two of the remaining Mercenaries, her battle rage had begun to build;

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGH!! AHAHAHAHEHEHEHE!" Laughing like a lunatic, she focuses the next lance attack in rapid succession, piercing another mercenary before focusing the weapon with a lesser concentration of power, blasting them off effectively, from the arrowhead tip.

Scarlet Arrow

Having killed five of their number the remaining three break and run. "COWARDS!"

Screaming after them, Sorina refocuses on the Orc, he would make for a much better test subject.. Better yet would be finding and skinning Shinobu, but that would have to wait. Laughing like a Lunatic she charges in, Lance at the ready. When suddenly a fire rips through the building, dropping portions of the room they currently were in. "Tch!" Retreating with some calmness to her Sorina comes across Voyd in turn, retrieving him, this battle was over.

And fortunately she rather doubted the Cabal would have time to deal with them, though they did technically accomplish their mission.

JA9A88l.jpg

Another day passed, another fetch job done, such was the active life of one Tano Chokichi, Youkai adventurer and mercenary. The tall female Usagi had left her distant home of Harukayama, favoring a life of excitement and thrill instead of the tranquil quiet life of the isolationist island nation. Of course, the Elders approved of such undertaking as those who ventured out often returned with goods, skills, and knowledge from the outside world. Sometimes, they also brought back husbands or wives.

It was late at night when Chokichi was done with her last task, delivering a stack of documents for a merchant. She had received the payment, extra because of how fast she completed the job. The bunny-eared girl was just returning to a nearby town in the Divine-Kingdom of Fraulia, the distance was quite far... for a human, not for a speedster like her of course.

However, as she paced along the road, her keen ears picked up something, screams and grunts with the occasional laughter coming from the East. It was quite dark already so she couldn't see anything yet but she could definitely heard them. Upon discerning them further, Chokichi would able to make out the screams had a high-pitched tone usually possessed by women and the grunts sounded gruff and guttural.

"B-bandits! H-help!! Help me!!"

The voice called out into the night but as far as her assailants were concerned, there was no one around, this wench's fate was sealed.

Chokichi's ears had twitched and turned to the general direction of the sound. She stopped short, and stowed the small stack of money she'd been counting in the satchel that hung from her right arm to rest on her hip. Nimble feet allowed her to get closer to the source without making much more sound than would be made by the wind.

A woman. Men, but hard to tell how many. Chokichi thought as she closed the distance quickly. The men were carrying on without a care, meaning as expected they didn't hear her approach.

Good.

The Usagi rushed into the scene. She would leave her blade sheathed, and the dark grey iron gauntlets on her hands unpowered. These were just bandits. Hardly worth wasting cartridges. Once close enough, the tall Youkai would leap into the fray and attempt to disable them all with a flurry of kicks from her powerful legs. The only sounds made through the girl's screams would be her clothes billowing and kicks disturbing the air with their quick movements.

Dashing through the landscape, Chokichi passed through broken pieces of a cart with what remained of its content strewn about. The clouds parted above the Youkai, allowing the moon's silver luster to provide some degree of luminance on her destination, just as she predicted, a small group of around half-drunk men were ganging up on a poor farm girl. She was backed onto a tree, surrounded by the chuckling men as their eyes roamed over her maiden form.

"What a pretty lass..." One thug grunted with a rough hiccup.

"Yeah, we'll have fun with here, aye? Then, we'll sell her off to the market. Har har hurk?!" Another bandit's disgusting laugh littered the air before he was sorely interrupted by a smack on the head by his comrade.

"Oy, you daft, this 'ere is the Kingdom, no 'market' here..."

"Ah, right... we just break her then kill her!"

"AAAAYE!!" The bandits all shouted in unison, it looked like the poor girl's fate was sealed...

"What the fuck?!"

...If not for the timely arrival of one kick-happy Youkai. The sheer force and surprise of her entrance took the bandits off-guard as they stumbled, cussing out curses in the equivalent of a jaded sailor. "A-... ah!" Terrified and in panic, the girl took the moment to crawl behind the tree, cowering there for her life.

"Oy! Lookie here, boys, we have a heroooo..." The bandits grinned, "Do you want to be a little savior..." They noticed the ears on top of her red head, "Little Bunny?" Ah yes, the wonders of drunken men, Chokichi was nowhere 'little', in fact, she was a good head taller than some of the men there.

"Hey, she looks nice... why don't we use her instead, boys?" They all brandished their daggers and curved blades, twirling them menacingly, "Yaaaah!" then they charged, as coordinated as one would expect from a group of drunken thugs.

"Good, you're all drunk." Chokichi said while sporting a wide grin, showing her slightly longer two front teeth. Her hands went to her Velocity Blade when they started advancing. It may seem a waste, but only if one considered amusement waste.

Through their drunken gaze, the bandits would barely see the Usagi unsheath her katana in a quick sweeping motion that only faintly cut through the air. The whoosh was just audible, and had Chokichi wanted the movement could have beheaded all of them.

But she didn't kill for fun. Or even if these ruffians deserved it for their many bad deeds, she had no way of knowing.

Instead, the movement had gone carefully over all of their heads and emitted a faint green glow along with the sound as its power was activated. The bandits would be suddenly and violently launched from where they stood in that moment the blade passed over them. The 'lucky' ones would only go a few feet, but hit a tree or other obstacle like the broken wagon with such force it knocked them out cold. The unfortunate ones were sent a mile away. Even sober opponents would have had difficulty resisting the force that had propelled them.

"Leeeaves in a typhoooon" Chokichi sang while she twirled her Velocity Blade, before sheathing it and turning to where she had heard the girl scurry away. "You're safe now. I pray they did not harm you too badly before I could jump in."

The incessant grunts, hiccups, and guffaws of the bandits ceased in one sharp silence as their voices gave way for Chokichi's magitek blade, swiftly cutting through the air narrowly above their heads. Erchius flowed within the blade's mechanisms, feeding the weapon with mana, activating its ability of launching a powerful gust. In one stroke, the bandits were thrown unceremoniously into the air, their loud screams became quieter and quieter as they gained distance faster than they could react. Some of them passed out when they hit the ground, others were too disoriented to even stand up after they tumbled a few times on the ground. They were no longer a threat.

"Haa... nnn..." The young woman was still huddled behind the tree when the Usagi decided to check up on her. At first, the girl flinched as Chokichi approached her but upon hearing her voice, her panting breaths somewhat calmed down. "U-unh..." The brunette nodded, slowly heaving herself up, "T-... thank you, Miss." She bowed to the taller woman, "How may I show you my gratitude? I don't have much on me, however, my home is just at the next town, I can repay your kindness there."

Chokichi gave the girl a toothy smile and nodded. "Thank my luck becoming your luck tonight. If you can provide me even a bed of hay to sleep and a radish, I'll be more than happy to consider my kindness returned." She looked around at the rest of the scene.

"Poor girl. Let's gather what we can of your wares, and be on our way?"

"Ah..." Her savior was awfully modest, so much that the girl widened her eyes for a moment, making sure her ears weren't playing tricks on her. "Oh no, Milady, hay and radish? My family is no highborn but we certainly aren't paupers either. The least I can provide you is a room and supper." The young woman giggled as she bowed once more, "Once again, my gratitude, yes, I think my cart is just over there." The content wasn't much really, just some farming supplies from the next town. She should have gone home earlier, traveling alone in the dead of night even if this was the Divine-Kingdom, was always risky.

Moments later, the pair arrived in the girl's home, a decent brick house built next to their pastures. The barn keeping their cattle could be seen just outside the window of Chokichi's assigned room. With a bowl of potato soup and a loaf of bread, the Youkai could rest easy tonight knowing she had just eased the worries of a happily married couple worried sick for their eldest daughter's safety. Her deed tonight might not be one that'd save a million lives...

However, it certainly didn't escape heaven's notice.

---

Later at night, when the Usagi was sound asleep, her room was filled with a golden glow, courtesy of the mysterious visitor just standing outside her window. Likely, the Youkai's sensitive senses would pick up the presence, if not, the guest would knock on the window. Once the tall girl properly woke up, she'd see the sight of a celestial smiling at her from the outside. Her feathered wings were folded, long wavy golden locks cascading down her back, and the glow came from the halo floating a few inches above her head.

"Greetings, child, I am Gabriel of Celestia." She introduced herself, politely bowing, "My utmost apologies for disturbing your slumber. May I converse with you for just a moment?"

While she would have certainly been happy with less, Chokichi was happy to accept more from the grateful family of the woman she's saved. She had dinner with them, sharing the abridged version of her journey from Harukayama, to here in the Divine Kingdom. She had even relaged the family with a couple snippets of the folk songs she'd learned along the way.

With a belly full of potato soup, the Usagi had stripped the more cumbersome parts of her clothing, set her weapons aside, and laid down to bed in her simple underwear. She'd been smiling as she fell asleep, knowing she'd done a good deed for this family even when she had not been expecting anything more that to sleep out in that barn and a basket of radishes.

Being a hard sleeper, her celestial visitor would have had to knock several times before the Usagi woman bolted up from the guest bed, reaching for her blade nearby. That is until her eyes beheld the presence of a Celestial. Then she took her hands away from her weapons, and without dressing went to open the window. She had a look of awe upon her kind face.

"May you? Why Gabriel, if you had the time, I'd ask you to sit for a sketch." She giggled, and her ears fluttered. "Who am I to refuse you? Please, I will be honored to converse with you."

The Youkai was quite the heavy sleeper so it surprised the angel a bit when she turned out to be a plucky girl after she woke up. "Ahem..." It wasn't her place to question her state of clothing but Chokichi's nonchalance attitude regarding her apparel didn't go unnoticed. Gabriel's smile brightened, she was definitely a diamond in the rough. "Your hospitality is much appreciated, Milady, especially considering... our circumstances." Usually, people would either be awed or freaked out when she did this, but her? She regarded her as if she was any other guest.

"Ah yes... of course. Ahem, you can sketch me after I deliver my message." Priorities, Gabriel, the message, you silly angel. "Chokichi Tano, The Messengers of Celestia has deemed you worthy," Gabriel steadied her voice, speaking in her usual angelic messenger tone, Chokichi could swear she heard a slight echo in her voice. "Will you honor the call to take part in a great endeavor to protect the lives of many innocent people? If so, head to the Divine-Cathedral of Fraulia post-haste. Ask for my brethren, Ariel, speak of my name and she shall welcome you."

That was it really, Ariel would explain further if Chokichi decided to take up on the offer. Now then, she should still honor that request, "Now... how do you wish to sketch me?"

Chokichi was almost glowing with excitement by the time Gabriel had relayed her full message. An adventure? No not just any adventure, but one the Celestials felt she was worthy to take on? How could she say no?

"Glorious Gabriel. I, Chokichi Tano, will gladly answer this call. After I have the honor of sketching you, I will redress, and get to the Divine Cathedral with utmost haste. The wind will wish it were fast as I." She gave the being a low bow.

"Now then, let us sketch! And I would not presume to give a Celestial direction, so please, whatever manner and place is most comfortable for you, I will sketch you in that pose."

While Gabriel made herself ready and comfortable, Chokichi took out her sketchbook and charcoal, then sat on a chair still in the same state of undress as Gabriel had found her in as she sketched her. Since the Celestial had not made any deal of it, the Usagi assumed nudity did not phase Gabriel anymore than it did Chokichi.

After the task was done, Chokichi bid Gabriel farwell for now, dressed, and left a note for the family begging their forgiveness for leaving so late while they slept, and thanking them again for their hospitality.

Then Chokichi had put the farm far to her back as she made good on her promise to race the night wind to Fraulia and the Divine Kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how he hated these human beds, it provided no comfort to him and his wings often went over the edge. While he was used to sleeping on his stomach, he was not used to, nor liked, the sensation of his wings brushing against the ground while he was sleeping. The only blessing he had was that he could sleep on his right side, but at the same time it was an insult for the fact that that was the side he was missing a wing. All and all, he did not like his sleeping accommodations. But what right did he have to complain?

The next morning he woke up to the sound of bells like everyone else. And by the time he left his room, his mustache was trimmed, hair combed, feathers preened, and he was just fastening the top button of his dress shirt. He was a "guest" of the Doge, he needed to be as presentable as possible. And though first impressions have been ruined, he hoped he could still salvage something from it all. Perhaps if he just kept Saki, John, and Yumi bound, gagged, and locked in their rooms he could set everything straight.

Going on the tour of the palace, Taka politely nodded along, ooooed and aaaahed at priceless artifacts, and pretended to care about their history. He may have been the son of a merchant, but he wasn't one. He had decided on doing something else with his life, something much more fascinating.

But when they entered the grand outdoor theater, and the two actors began their impromptu show, he was fascinated from it. In fact, he even chuckled slightly. "Oh, they are good." he muttered quietly so as not to disturb them. He took a seat in one that was nearby and waited with arms in his lap to see what they would do next, a look of expectation clearly on his face.

Then he overheard what the servants were discussing. It would seem their prisoner was taken in by the Doge. Well, that was to be expected, they had brought her here in chains after all. But he didn't like how the servant had trailed off. He would need to look into it more, if he has the chance that is. "Buras, come see this." He said to thin air before the spirit owl appeared on his shoulder.

'All I see are two people pretending to be morons. Then again, maybe they're morons pretending to be normal people.' The owl said to Buras, not pleased with the reason for being summoned. 'If this is all you wanted, then I'll be...'

Taka calmly put a hand on the owl's feet, if one did not know better then it could be assumed that it was just a friendly pat. However, this was to keep Buras' attention. 'Our prisoner is missing. She is supposedly in the dungeon, go make sure that is the case.' With that, he removed his hand from the owl's feet and gave him a hurt look, him trying out his own acting skills. "Well I found them funny. Off with you then, if all you're going to do is criticize."

With that and a shooing motion, Buras flew off and out a door a guard was opening. "Don't mind him, he can't cause any harm. He's just upset that he cannot sit on my shoulder." Taka said to the startled guardsman. 'You wish.' was the response of the owl as he flew down the arching hallways.

jX8Tq2A.png

pfwcXHT.jpg

"Why in the hells did you stop me? Don't you have any idea how angry-" Shinobu starts watching the trio flee with an angry glare to her face. Mersha in response cuts her off with a chuckle and smile. "Ohoho, poor useless fool, worried of something you do not know, but to change that I shall soon do. And verily you wished for War, so I've laid it at the door."

"What do you mean? Infernal Witch.."

"Ohoho, why so simple minded are you. Just sit back and enjoy my view. The would be queen thanks to our friends troubled will she be, extracted all the information we needed as well, with her little betrayal what ever will your lords do? And eager to defend herself all too easily will she be a puppet on the stage to settle the Kingdoms Feud. I can assure you at this point she is of little consequence so why ever do you wince?"

Pausing for a bit Shinobu stares at the woman before breaking her gaze.

"Just what are you after?"

"Oh nothing much just the final answer to all things. Such a philosophical thing you see." Turning her attention towards the rear a man in a clipped red and black military tunic was there, arms crossed. "My dearest Captain please take us into the air, it's time we caused that ugly tower to fall, once and for all."

"..At once my Lady Kharlan, though one of our reactors is still offline, unless we wish to use up our speed we cannot operate our full firepower till then. What are your orders after?"

"I see. Well I guess for a parting gift we should give them something of a chase. Overall Somnus is of no major Importance to the cause and we are needed elsewhere. The local branch may deal with this. So provide fire support we shall, then be on our way to there."

"At once my Lady. All hands! Secure for battle stations! Maridius Up 200! Left full Rudder! Course Setting of 500! Junt power from the Axillary artillery to the engines! By The Word of Kharlan! Let us cast down the Cabal!"

"Now my dearest little human let us listen to a most beautiful of Chorus... The most sweet of sounds."

Powering it's Erchius engines, the ugly warship takes to the sky, or rather the cavernous maw that was the city. Blasting past the burning complex and ignoring the Lughanta crew the Pocket Battleship makes way on it's course, it's bow cannon powering up and firing directly on the Cabal's center of power, cleaving it in half. Firing it's smaller gunports upon the city a massive cry of battle rises, Slaves and Cultists rising up against Cabal forces and Mercenaries, Civilians watching in total awe. A Civil War had broken out across all of Somnus, while it would be questionable who would ultimately win this contest, the Maridus veered off from it's mission making way out the port, the ships that made up what was mostly the Navy of Somnus didn't even stand a chance, as the ships main cannon engaged them, stopping all attempts to stop the Vessel from leaving as it willed over the course of nearly an hour.

@EmperorsChosen

WyrK2dA.png

Leaving the burning structure and finding Amilia waiting for him, Rurik was in the most precarious of situations. Technically most of the mission objectives had been met, but not in the way that was expected. On the other than the Cabal would be busy with other things for sure. Before he can say much Amilia uses her communications device to speak to all teams.

"The mission is..I'm not sure.. Your Princess has been recovered but, well I'm sure you can see all hell breaking loose.. Split up and head back for your ship. Try and avoid any trouble if you can. Combat is breaking out across the City. That is all."

"I'll.. Return to the Cabal, You should leave with your friends, but I'll guide you out of here towards the docks. Seems you caught a little of the fire but are none worse the wear. I'm..glad about that." Moving off with the Wizard in tow, a series of events were to unfold that would end up with Amilia joining the crew of the Lughanta as a communications specialist.. And the pair likely Wanted in the City proper. Amilia having nothing in her possession but the rags she wore was more than a little upset with the situation but outwardly calm, following Rurik's every move across the Vessel as it made way to depart.

(Co-GM OOC Remark, the events in question will be covered in a collab with Emp)

@Ehb @Karyra

As the duo continue with the Princess being carried between them, reporting the unexpected success and providing a warning to the Lughanta about the enemy Warship, the shadow of the colossal bares down upon the trio, with it's sinister bow looking over them. Remembering the smiling Infernal that had stopped Shinobu like some sort of lackey. And now her ship seemed functional enough, tearing across the city, with the light Mercenary forces the Cabal relied on, the Pocket Battleship was making mincemeat of the so called Naval Forces of Somnus, puncturing the City skyline with weapons fire from one of it's main batteries every so often.

Amazingly the Princess stayed asleep the whole time as the City descended into the chaos of War. With Sonya in a bit of pain, only adrenaline and the anxiety of seeing her former home descending in chaos kept her going. To stop now was to die, something she knew all too well. With Seven later resolving to throw Olivia across his back carrying her across his shoulders, freeing up some of the weight she had to bare. While likely full of snide remarks this was a change to be thankful for as she leads her group through the city.

Upon reaching the ship Sonya continues with the pair to the Med bay to receive Medical care from Doctor Kamov and his new assistant, though a young girl she seemed to be a quick learner and able enough, though her visit would not be all to short, carrying on till the Lughanta was in the air.

(Co-GM OOC Remark, to be covered in requester mini collab)

@Astros @Click This

With the structure catching fire around the two and their prior problems with one another, the pair do not attempt nor ask for help from one another. As Venrid takes a more complicated path towards the docks in attempt to avoid pursuit, this operations result had left him with no choice but to seek out the Mercenaries and to fly out with them. While money could be had here, he still wanted revenge on Shinobu, they were likely his best choice on this. On his way Venrid would end up picking up a straggler and having the most interesting of conversations with Aster, before finding his way to a Bunk to collapse from sheer exhaustion from today's events.

(Ditto from Astros)

Charlotte however was far more direct, taking off into the sky while using her power to prevent the bleeding, unnaturally worked up given her brush with friendly fire and a potential, if not purposeless death. Her main concern and point of contention however was getting the bolt mark in her back healed in such a way to not leave a scar. While not exactly livid, Josef could not ever remember seeing the high class Vampire, ever showing such womanly worries and concerns.

Patching up her injuries with his Gel, Kamov would release Charlotte in short order to walk around the ship, encouraging her to not lay on her back till her wounds had some time to close. Though there were some other injuries that needed treatment it was a rather routine issue.

@Accelerator

Having Linked up with Sorina the pair travel back to the Lugahanta, seemingly no worse for the wear. though concerned by the blood covering her armor in parts, he was somewhat relieved if not a little surprised to learn for the most part it did not belong to her

Kamov's report.

After having finished up the immediate medical concerns from this operation Kamov begins his examination of Olivia, with his medical magitek device, not all of his concerns could be settled by the scans alone. Olivia's damages went further than that, it was plain as day by her actions.

While she could compose herself to act the part of a lady, what calm smugness she had seemed to have been tempered quite a bit. Upon an in-depth questioning and some aid from his nurse, this was not a good thing in and of it's self.

While Kamov didn't know much about her research, it seemed minus a form of traumatized refusal to speak of it she was a bit guilty feeling over it. Whatever was done to her to extract this information was rather through and left her with a form of PTSD and blanks in her memory. Another troubling issue was her insisitence on a heavy guard, and asking about the one named Seven.

Who the hell names their kid a number?

And most concerning and one he had to allow, was the fact she was now addicted to a sedative compound known as Luna's Bell. A purple flower which was given to calming the mind and promoting sleep. Side effects were delusions and being a highly addictive compound when refined into a liquid medication. Typically it was used as a high end pain killer. But because of how much was in her system she needed to be weaned off of it slowly. All the while she maintained her pretense of taking the Throne.

Compiling his report in professional manner, it seemed the ship was already underway to leave, while a few stragglers were turning up and two new additions to the crew were added, the fact the city was in an uproar didn't set well. The follower of Kharlan seemed to have been in full revolt with aid of the slaves, though with their leader on the run, though after having blasted the Cabal's central tower, he expected an intervention from another power may be needed.. He wasn't about to hedge any bets on who would win this little Civil War.

Walking the halls for Agatha's Office, Kamov knocks on the door, with a smug smile on his face, that softens slightly upon greeting her.

"Well, I think our Princess is slightly unstable. Here's my report, I have some recommendations to make as well once you've finished reading over it."

With a sigh of relief after hearing the reports regarding Olivia's return yet still rather anxious about the princess' condition, Agatha dunk another shot of Chateau Florentia red wine, Charlotte's vineyard. "Uh..." She tilted her head back, enjoying the warmth traveling through her throat in an attempt to get her mind off her stress just for a bit. "Ahem... yes? Come in." The brunette cleared her throat, welcoming the ship's head doctor into the cabin.

"Haaa..." Agatha rubbed the bridge of her nose upon skimming Kamov's report. Great, their trump card to prevent the war was now a drug addict, whoever kidnapped her, those Kharlan shitheads, certainly fucked her up good. "Interrogated, tortured, and drugged..." It shouldn't be surprising really, that was what people do to prisoners if they needed to crack them, get them to talk, but oh boy... it didn't bode well for the Lughanta at all.

"At least she's alive and recovering..." A pause, "Please tell me she can recover, doctor." Agatha smiled dryly, the side of one lip twitching.

"Eh.." Searching for words Josef rubs the back of his head, giving a sigh in response to her question.

"Physically yes, if she has the will I can get her off those drugs in a week or two. Emotionally? Mentally? I'm a Doctor, not a spiritual healer. I can teach her to live with this, but it will be a permeant feature of her for the rest of her life. It's like the things I seen those days long ago Captain. While I still enjoy life, that is something I'll never forget. Olivia isn't exactly Sorina who can bathe in blood without batting an eyelash. I think what information they forced out of her is likely permanently damaged, barring she throws herself at it again. It's possible she might focus on countering it at least."

With his mentioning of the Infernal the Doctor crosses his arms with a hesitant shrug. "That's why I have recommendations however. With how long it's been and politics in general whatever support Olivia may have had in the Empire has likely been purged, if they aren't prepared to let bygones be bygones.."

Leaving that unsaid, there wasn't exactly a need to elaborate more.

"Anyways she seems rather attached to that Seven fellow and grateful to the Drow I have bandaged up in my Lab right now, Sonya. And she's very frightened for her safety. We need bit of a better security in place, if only to keep her calm. The politics I won't speak of. Also that Orc you hired, while it seems his men treated her mostly correctly, for fear of his hand, I would keep her well away from him, least she relapse.. Until she's ready to question or face him at least for closure.

I plan to have daily sessions with her, bring our Priest in on it too, see if we can get some answers, some peace of mind for her. Other than that I think we can trust who all is still here, but maybe some of the more heavily armored ones to watch her, let Seven and Sonya have direct access to her when they wish, or possibly often."

Looking at the glass of wine, Kamov frowns a small bit. "While I enjoy a drink myself, might want to slow down Captain. Just a Doctors intuition but this situation is going to get a whole lot worse and not all that profitable."

"Nnngh..." Agatha really didn't need to hear all those scientifically-correct assessments from Kamov right now, this was one of the case where the truth hurt. "Damn it... I'm not having another Silva." Agatha rubbed her forehead, realizing it couldn't be helped. She held on the silver lining that they did recover Olivia, if not, everything would be much worse. "I figured, we aren't sending her back to the Empire." Likely they'd go to Fraulia, it's what the Princess would have wanted. Oddly, Venesia was the riskier place to go to now, the Doge would as much sell them off to the Empire to cover his own ass. "We're in deep shit..." Agatha murmured.

"Yeah, Seven and her had history." Always knew anyone using a freaking number as his name was one shady son of a bitch. "I won't be surprised if Olivia planted him here to make sure we are the one who 'kidnap' her up, damn all this intrigue bullshit." The brunette waved her hand dismissively, "Give her whatever she needs, security, therapy, Seven, Sonya, Alexander, whatever, just keep her from breaking down completely." The Princess was no use if she lost the very thing that made Olivia who she was.

"Yeah... the Orc, I'll let the officers handle that... I think he's good." The young woman groaned, gazing the wine bottle, blinking a bit, "...you're right, I'll drink grape juice from now on." She sighed heavily, "Yeah, Doc, tell me about it..."

"Well that's all for my report. We have a few minor injuries among the crew, but none Fatal, Sorina has been gathering details of the mission proper and will be by to brief you later I'm told. As to the Orc, from what I'm hearing most of the basic crewmen don't mind his presence. But I think it's best to not tell them who he was. Though I don't think he and his men truly knew what they were getting into. And drink with others Captain, better for you."

Shutting the door on his way out, he now could finish up his treatment on Sonya and check up on the Princess while he was at it. At least he didn't have to tend to the city, that would be a nightmare. Though from earlier conversations Alexander seemed all too calm with the situation, but hardly surprising, the man was a Battlefield Priest. If Josef didn't know any better he could swear his friend was even slightly upbeat about it all. Either way now they would have to find a new port to receive mail and supplies at..

Last edited: