3CMBSlE.jpg

oQceU7S.jpg

It was a fairly great day for Voyd. Being inside the elaborate cave system provided relief from the heat caused by the midday sun but this was no ordinary cave since it's the largest black market in Bumi right now. As a result, fairly a lot of people were buzzing about outdoors, engaging in business with merchants dealing in a variety of wares, some genuine, but considering where he is right now, most of them are probably fake. Others were partaking of services that would be frowned upon by society.

Voyd was inside Somnus right now on the way to a certain tavern to meet up with an employer his father notified him about. He told him that this person was looking for a highly-skilled individual to do a few jobs for them and the best part was the pay was supposed to be good. Upon entering the tavern, he proceeded to the counter and ordered a shot of whisky and a glass of mead. This would supposedly signal the client that he had already arrived.

Having finished her immediate business on the Lughanta, Sorina only had a limited amount of time till she needed to return. Setting off to repair her armor at the local smith who had the skill to do so in this city of Scum.

Walking along there was one more issue that she needed to take care of, a letter from home that came with her lance;

"Dearest Sorina, your recent tally of injuries and repair bills have garnered my attention. We sent you into the world to gain experience, not a coffin. As a result there is someone we've arranged for you to meet with in the Silver Moon Tavern when that ship of yours next returns to port in Somnus.

It's a former soldier of hours who has been disgraced, we may have additional use of him in regards to the future, so it is our hope that you shall put aside your differences and make use of him as a bit of help on that ship of yours, and perhaps as a bodyguard. Though I suspect your father is correct and you will not listen. ~ Your Mother.

"tch.. I'm doing fine Mom, all things considered, you and father worry too much.." Gazing at her lance as she put the letter away, this had better be worth her time. Though she found it unwise to depend on disgraced soldiers, what would make this one so important to warrant a second chance?

She would soon find out in any case, having some time before her armor would be ready, there was no harm in seeing what this was about. Given a lack of detailed instructions she assumed that the person would stand out, or even be known to her in some fashion. Though there was some scribbling about mead and whiskey and the contact would have a bit of both.

What a terrible choice in alcohol when compared to Wine. Entering the establishment it seemed her own instincts were correct as well as the scribbling.

"Ah..You... Well... Hello Voyd."
Given the death of her eldest sister in part because of his incompetence, she knew given the situation he wasn't at fault for it per see. But all the same just having kind words for him just in the open, after all this time?

"Ohoh... Well, a small world after all. If you enjoy playing with scum, then I'll leave here and turn right now. My mother for whatever reason wishes to offer you a chance at redemption, to return home in return serving me aboard a certain Famous Mercenary Airship. And perhaps other purpose in the Future."

Shrugging slightly as if to challenge him, Sorina leands in close to whisper in his ear. "Or do intend to forever run for fear of getting yet another of her daughters killed as you need a bit of seasoning?"

"Oh well, be it wealth, honor, or some usefulness my family has not seen fit to acquaint me with, you'll be getting what you want it seems."

Setting down at the table Sorina waits for what he will say next to this proposition. Or in general to any of what she had just said to him. Just ho much did he like this life, and would he care to return to the fold, but at least this way if he acceapted she could help him out in some manner.

Before he could even down either the mead and whisky he held in each hand, he heard the voice of a female that he was all too familiar with... for better or for worse.

The condescending way she spoke further revealed the female's identity, and Voyd could only down both drinks as he listened to what the younger sister of the girl he failed to protect had to say. Even so, he was well acquainted with Sorina long enough to know that was just the way she is. Incidentally, he finished both drinks by the time she finished speaking and he called the bartender again rather than address her first.

"Oi, barkeep. I think I'm gonna need the rest of the damn bottle this time." He said nonchalantly. That should fluster Sorina quite a bit.

Afterwards, he turned to address Sorina for each of the thing she said, complete with a smug look on his face as he sat down across her.

"Heh, I guess my stubborn old man really pulled some strings this time. I guess I am indebted to Lady Caramitru for being so considerate, even after all this time. Nonetheless, it's good to see you, Sorina. You've sure grown quite a bit since I last saw you..." the black haired freelancer couldn't help comparing the blood devil girl's chest to her entire body. "... in most areas at least."

That comment would certainly earn him a hit from her but this was just his way of getting back at Sorina and her haughty attitude. Still, he was indeed glad to see a familiar for the first time, ever since he left the netherworld, even though he was admittedly hesitant to meet up with her for quite a while now.

"Well, life here isn't too bad. When the pay is good, I sometimes forget that I need to return home eventually. But hey, I assume you've gotten stronger since last time so you should be able to hold of your own even without me, right? Still, I really can't ignore a request from your mother so I guess I'm on board. Don't expect me to call you milady though."

Suddenly a pair of ruffians approached the pair and one of them, an orc, even laid their hands on Sorina's shoulder.

"Ohoho! Looks like we got a pair of lost folks here, eh? One of them is rather cute too, even though she's flat as a rock." The guy holding on to Sorina's shoulder commented.

"Oh boy, that guy sure has a death wish." Voyd thought as he observed the scene taking place before his eyes. Acting too rashly without reason would certainly get him on most of the denizens of Somnus' bad side. That's pretty much how group psychology works. After all, people would strive to defend people they know against those outside of the group even though said person would be in the wrong.

"Listen, we folks in Somnus don't take too kindly to outsiders. As it stands now, you'd be lucky to make it out here with your limbs intact." The other guy, a Beastkin resembling a pig told them off in a menacing tone.

"Well that can be arranged. How about we let the both of you go, but in exchange, the little miss has to do... " the orc was beginning to reach out his hand towards Sorina's chest as he eyed her with pure carnal lust in his eyes. "... a little something for us first!"

"Hmm... I wouldn't do that if I were you... she's already pissed at this point, any more and well... it's your funeral, buddy." Voyd warned casually as he took another sip of his whisky. The barkeep had truly given him the entire bottle of whisky while he and Sorina were chatting earlier. He managed to slip the barkeep a couple of florins while still keeping his attention on her.

"What'd you say punk! Stay out of this, you little shi--- Ughhhh!" As the boarman was about to lunge at him, Voyd grinned and smashed the bottle of whisky on his face. The beastkin reeled back as a result while his orc companion seemed to be in shock. Only the Divine One knows what Sorina would do to him after all that.

Slightly irked with his response towards her and needing more to drink, he made it sound like she was a great pain to deal with. Glaring daggers at him, she would not be baited by his provocations. Least not immediately.

With his next remark, she does however outright slap him with an angry glare to her face. All of her sisters had grown larger, her mother was, her fathers family, and for whatever reason that bothered her, she was just entering a growth period for her kind, but so far she was only around the same size of Marumei. Having a factor brought up that he was more than well aware of was a sore issue for her was just asking for trouble.

The next person to speak didn't help either, the leader of some group of ruffians.

"I'm NOT THAT FLAT YOU SON OF A BITCH! LUNA CURSE YOU!"

Watching as the filthy Greenskin attempted to touch her Sorina bares her fangs with a nasty snarl, pondering the skewer the greenskin and his porky friend, Voyd's sudden counter attack really escalated things. Deceptively strong for her appearance, Sorina kicks the Orc in the gut quite viciously, sending him spilling over a table behind the pair. "I'll deal with you later Greenskin! I'll cut off your bloody teeth!"

"Oh for Luna's sake!"
Grabbing Voyd by his right arm as fist cuffs begin to fly with the rest of the bar joining in. This was a terrible mess, one she normally would have been more than happy to join in on, but she promised to return to Agatha and the others as soon as her repairs were finished.

Still more than a bit angry at the Harbinger, Sorina hated being so young, self conscious about her growth rate and her own personal fears, it also didn't help this man in a round about way was responsible for her eldest Sister's death.. Well that was a bit much to hold against him, though at the moment some reminder of that to twist the knife in kind was in order.

"Oh, well at least this time another of my mother's daughters did not die, I would commend you for surviving at the least. Well while I would like to get even with them, I have places where I must be.. Unless you wish to go back into hiding like a lowly dog. If you decide to come I'll introduce you to my temporary boss, perhaps speak out to be your..handler or partner of sorts. My parents as well as your father seems to have some use of you to regain your honor as a Harbinger. If you will take it or not makes no never mind to me."

In her typical haughty fashion, Sorina grins, feeling she finally has a one up over him. Hoping the day would soon come to make him eat those words also came to mine, causing her to giggle creepily before regaining her composure.

Things escalated pretty fast after Voyd slammed the bottle on the boarman's face. Apparently, most of the other patrons interpreted it as the start of a classic bar fight and all hell broke loose immediately.

Glancing at Sorina, he almost bawled out laughing on the spot when she got furious after the orc flatly called her... well flat. He can't believe he had to go through all that trouble to explain it to her in a roundabout way, only for the fool to infuriate her this badly. Heck that roundabout method earned him a slap, though he expected such an action from her.

Still, he had to say that the orc surprisingly got away easy with that kick. He expected that Sorina would have just ripped the sucker's arm off but seeing as she only spouted a death threat coupled by the fact that she dragged him out of the bar fight meant that she was fairly in a hurry.

Noticing that Sorina was looking a bit down, Voyd couldn't help but internally berate himself for what he said earlier. Maybe going for something that Sorina was overly conscious of was uncouth of him. Even if the girl was playing dirty as well by bringing up a sensitive topic, that shouldn't have been grounds for him to overstep his bounds as well.

"Look, a woman's chest alone doesn't determine her overall beauty. You may not have the largest bust, but you have a great figure, a beautiful face, and an interesting personality so don't beat yourself up too much about it. You're still young too so a growth spurt is entirely possible. And for what it's worth... you're pretty cute." Voyd admitted, though he did try to do so in a casual manner.

"And I've spent quite a bit of Florin getting here to meet an employer who pays well so whatever job you got for me, I'm in." He added while smiling at the Blood Devil girl.

Sorina led him through a bunch of twists and turns, through narrow corridors and walkways until they reached what seemed to be an indoor port. Voyd was familiar with Somnus though he hasn't really taken the time to fully explore the entire place so the sight of the indoor port, and the airship that was docked there greatly impressed him. All he could do now was either wait for the captain to take notice of them or Sorina getting the attention of the captain herself to speed the process along.

Just staring at him for the lonest time, her expression briefly softens, while a bit of a sucker for praise, she considers if he meant what he said, though she simply could not accept the comment at face value, blushing slightly she gives her typical laugh, though in an arrogant fashion.

"Ehehehe, you are right I will grow more.. And such honeyed words.. Thank you.." Leading the pair onwards to regain her armor, Sorina wastes little time putting the full set back on and paying the man, with a frown, this was a significant chunk of change. "...Keep your mouth shut about what you see next.. While I may have taken something of a liking to you, I don't want others getting the wrong idea in regards to me."

While at first a mystery what she meant by this, Sorina visits a local Temple to the divine. As was custom for her a portion of her funds went towards the Temple's Orphanage. With the remainder going towards buying some books, a little to a savings, and a couple small souvenirs to send home, at odds with her normally blood thirsty nature to those who knew her only on the ship.

Stopping by a local brewery Sorina purchases two bottles, one of wine, the other a rather ironic if slightly more expensive choice. Orcish Mead, and judging by the bottle and color of the liquid it's self not so cheap. "Hmph..if you are going to stay in my good graces then you should at least be of my class... And do not thank me, should you get this job you may come to regret it.. I figured this was fitting given the nature of our meeting and the loss of your cheap whiskey." Off handily playing down the Gift it was now time to head for the ship.

Upon boarding the Lughanta Sorina makes for the Captain's office, noting a wary stare from Aster, smelling the Alcohol from beyond the door, she was drunk...wasn't she.. Sighing openly as she opens the door, drunk or not the woman likely had her cause. "By the gods...be mindful of what you say...she's likely drunk. Things have been bad for the Company the last few days, so I do not blame her."

Saluting in her typical fashion, Sorina addresses the Captain. "My Captain, I would like to introduce Voyd Umbridge. A.. former retainer to my house, he was who my parents sent for me. I believe he would be a useful addition to the crew and will vouch for him as his handler if need be till we leave this ship, I shall let him speak for himself however."

Moving aside it was now time for him to carry out his own introduction, well provided the Captain was aware enough to carry out the conversation and give her approval.

99ujcUR.jpg

"Eeeeh?" The brunette raised her head from her arm pillow, blinking lazily towards her cabin door. It was soon opened and two figures sauntered, one was familiar, the other unknown. "Sorina... who the fuck is this?" Agatha lightly gestured to the black-haired figure beside the blood devil, the request was promptly answered. "Nnn..." Unsurprisingly, Agatha took longer than normal to process a seemingly simple information, considering her state, it was already good that she understood whatever Sorina said at all.

"Uh huh..." She nodded twice, slowly, "Voyd Underbridge, huh?" The twintailed human turned her gaze at the only male in the room, eying him, "Former retainer, you said? He certainly doesn't look like a former... what's with him standing beside you... like a proper retainer should be." She simply shrugged, "That means he's capable then, good, and you recommend him, also good. What's stopping you from joining already? Ugh..." Agatha groaned, "What do you wanna say, Underbridge, make it quick..."

After the man made his introduction, formalities and all that, Agatha simply yawned, "You're in, welcome, I assign you under Sorina, just do... whatever you used to do since you were her retainer after all. Talk to one of the officers, they'll get the paperwork sorted out." A light hic escaped her lips, prompting a blush from the Captain, "You two are dismissed, now go, hush... I need to take a nap. Guh..."

As Voyd was led all around Somnus by Sorina, they made a stop at the brewery. It wasn't all of a surprise for him since the Caramitru family, like most blood devils, were quite fond of drinking wine, and Sorina was seemingly not an exception to this practice.

What surprised him, however, was the blood devil giving him a bottle of orcish mead, arguably one of the best varieties of mead in all of Bumi. Voyd figured this was her way of saying thanks to what he last said to her earlier but he didn't expect her to be this happy.

For a second there, he thought of showering the blood devil with praise, flattery, and honeyed words just to get rewarded like this instance but ultimately decided against it. For one thing, it was against his nature to engage in flattery in exchange of favors and he figured she deserved better than that. If he's going to tell her something about her, it would be the truth.

"Whoo wee! I'll be sure to cherish this gift, Sorina. Perhaps even turn it into an heirloom. 'A gift from the most generous Sorina Caramitru'."

While he did promise to himself not to lie to her, teasing her, on the other hand, is free game. Admittedly, he enjoyed seeing her reactions, even finding them to be cute so long as she doesn't turn too violent. Perhaps he just wants to remind Sorina that she's still a girl despite all the responsibilities she shoulders.

Upon boarding the ship, Sorina warned him to be mindful of his words, explaining that things had been rather unfortunate for the company as of late and that the captain would most probably be drunk.

Sure enough, the captain was drinking away her troubles when they arrived and could barely make coherent statements. She even got his surname wrong though he didn't let it bother him.

When prompted to introduce himself, he Voyd stepped a bit forward and bowed slightly to Agatha.

"My name is Voyd Umbridge, an Infernal that once served House Caramitru. I work as a freelancer nowadays but a chance encounter with Sorina here in Somnus has led me here to your mercenary company. I would very much like to be a part of your group and so, would like to request to work for you from now on."

"As for my abilities, my specialty is obviously combat but I am also a fast learner so I can pretty much do anything and do a decent job at it. I have other abilities as well but perhaps a demonstration would be due another time. I fear that you won't be able to comprehend what you'll see as you are right now."

Fortunately, despite her intoxicated state, the captain still managed to comprehend what he said (with the exception of his name since it seemed like she was keen on calling him Underbridge) and didn't think twice about letting him join.

"It is an honor and a pleasure to be working alongside you, Lady Nightingale. I am thankful for this opportunity and promise to be a worthy addition to your crew." Bowing again slightly, he turned to leave the Captain's cabin.

While his primary objective now was to protect Sorina, Voyd refused to leave the life of a mercenary at the same time. Besides, by becoming part of the Lughanta's crew, he could pursue both goals at the same time. It can be said that he had hit two birds with the proverbial stone.

Upon his exiting Sorina was there waiting, it seemed he was hired after all. "Well let's find you a room or bunk, plus I need to figure out how this lance functions."

With the realization that he can pretty much do anything to ensure Sorina's safety, Voyd chuckles to himself before addressing her with an impish grin on his face.

"A room or bunk for me? Why Sorina, I'm afraid that wouldn't be necessary. I'll be staying in the same room as you after all. I have to ensure I can act as quickly as possible in the event that somebody threatens your life. Hence, such an arrangement is necessary."

The statement did contain a half-truth but he demanded to sleep in the same room as her partly to fluster her and throw her off the loop even further.

"W-what!? People will talk!" Narrowing her eyes this arrangement was not sound to her at all, well then again he was a bodyguard, though she valued her privacy while on the ship immensely. "..We'll talk about this later, if you do I'm installing a cover around my bed.. What did I do to deserve this.." Pouting briefly with a shake of her head. "Why not a room next to me or across the hall?"

"I care not about what people think of us. It is a price i'm willing to pay in order to ensure that I do not fail you as i've failed Erika. " Voyd retorted, conviction and all bloody seriousness present in his voice.

"Do not fret. I will not make your room my own. I shall acquire living quarters for myself. However, I would still need to sleep in your room for reasons I've stated earlier. The difference between life and death can take place in a matter of seconds."

Leaning closer to her and placing his index finger under Sorina's chin to raise her head slightly, he stares into her Scarlet eyes intently with his own Crimson ones.

"Besides, I've really missed you my dear Scarlet. And I intend to spend as much time with you as possible to make up for lost time."

Blushing at first, the girl angrily shakes her head to escape his touch before heading off towards the lower decks. "..I'm not a kid anymore.. Keep that name to us. We have a mission later, I can make some room in the cabin, it was meant for two anyways.." He always did this to get to her, conflicted with how she should treat him she defaults to professionalism explaining the next mission in passing and what was where in the ship, briefly going over her own typical daily activities in turn.

"Whatever you say, Scarlet."

Realizing that he could still tease her and get such a reaction made him confident that he still had his touch. The fact that the Sorina before him now had not changed completely from the Sorina he knew back then put him in a pleasant mood. It reminded him of the forlorn days of their childhood... back when everything seemed so simple.

"I promise... I won't make the same mistake again... I won't fail you a second time... Sorina." The Harbinger vowed to himself as he walked side by side yet again with the Blood Devil Princess.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Izurich
0kl90Ss.jpg

Well, that was that. The events of that day were rather unfortunate, wrought with mixed feelings; while Charlotte had enjoyed the thrill of the chase, one could never be pleased about damage to the structure that one made their nest in, and the slightly depressing matter of the two bird youkai wasn't something that she found enjoyable. Of course, the fact that the princess had been shanghaied away yet another time threw another set-back towards the crew, but on this matter, the golden-haired vampire had confidence of their ability to track down the turncoat.

So, when Agatha held council aboard the damage ship's wardroom soon after drydock, Charlotte didn't need to be told where she wanted to go; the only answer, of course, was Somnus. That was where the action would be, and in any case, she had a good deal of friends there that she had been intending to visit again sooner or later.

"I'll invite myself onto the group bound for Somnus, then. I know it well."

hdNJYCF.jpg

With a thud, the door to the war room was closed by Aster once everyone was in. As always, Cera stood at her favourite spot, waiting for the briefing to begin. However, the sellsword felt disappointed when she witnessed how distraught Agatha was. A leader, regardless of any situation, has to be composed especially when addressing his or her own crew as it affects their morale. Once Agatha managed to get her bearings, she started to brief the crew on the next assignment.

Cera quietly listened, but for this time, she did not maintain any sort of eye contact with the Captain. Her physical features were fully reverted back to human. The half-Infernal merely leaned on the metal walls, her arms crossed, and her crimson eyes stared at the ground. Once Agatha finished her briefing on the 3 objectives that they need to achieve with a desperate plea, Cera lets out a exasperated sigh. She then straightening herself, before standing away from the wall she leaned on, her eyes now focused on the more composed Aster.

"We will be split into three groups, each with separate destinations. Somnus, Venesia, and Fraulia, in that order. The first team will be led by myself, we stay here as the airship will be heading to Somnus. Now... before I decide anything, I'll let everyone to volunteer as members of any of these three teams. You can also volunteer as a leader of either the second or third team."

Aster paused in-between, waiting for the facts to sink in.

"If no one volunteers, then it's up to me to assign everyone. Any questions?"

Then comes the hardest part of this briefing:

Making a choice on which objective to pursue.

Cera took a breath as she began to contemplate on which mission she should undertake. In light of recent events however, her feelings told her that she should go for Somnus. As always, Sorina was the first one to voice out, and based on her speech, it is most likely that the Blood Devil will be going to Somnus. As for the half-Infernal, she was going to voice out that she was going to Somnus.

However...

("Wait.")

("Why?")

Cera unwillingly canceled her intention while questioning the other... female voice that appeared in her head during the funeral for Drayton and Laura. The calm, soothing voice felt familiar, but she cannot recall who the voice is.

("... Because you're not the only one who wants blood?")

The half-Infernal shifted her gaze to the ground once more, making herself as if she was deep in her thoughts.

("Despite their silence, I bet a majority of them would choose to go to Somnus. We can't just ignore the other two destinations and cause the teams to be imbalanced.")

("But...")

Cera was going to reply the other one internally, but it was interrupted when Silva announced her intention to participate and lead the group for the Fraulia diplomacy mission.

("I know what you're thinking. I know you want to track out the one who ruined you and the Crimson Dragon. It certainly feels like that Kazanari has that information. But with Sorina there, you can't do much. You would most likely get into her path and jeopardize the whole thing.")

The half-Infernal felt her guts twisted, speechless. After all, she distanced herself from Sorina with a few good reasons.

("I know you want that Traitor being tossed around like a ragdoll while being alive, or enslaved to some madman as he endlessly torture and abuse her to insanity. I know that death is a release too sweet for someone like that traitorous Imperial scum.")

Cera closed her eyes as John began his speech at the crew.

("However, I can't guarantee that the Traitor will survive the Blood Devil's and perhaps the others' onslaught.")

The composed voice continued on, canceling out some of John's words.

("Judging from her actions however, it certainly felt like she's one step ahead of us. Then again, capturing two of her goons gave us chance to catch up.")

The sellsword gritted her teeth, feeling that the voice was failing to convince her. However, it was far from over.

("I know my reasoning felt weak. But I implore you...")

A pause that was enough to realize that most of the crew has yet to decide on which mission to take.

("Pick either Fraulia or Venesia. Then again, you dislike the Doge and you have yet to travel to Fraulia so...")

For Cera, the choice was obvious.

("Don't you worry about the Traitor, my friend. The Divine One will know what to do with her.")

The half-Infernal felt a nasty jolt of realization when the voice called her friend.

(" 'My friend?' Who are you?")

Cera instinctively questioned.

("All... will be revealed when you reach Fraulia.")

At this moment, the sellsword felt more conflicted than ever. But this time, her instincts are telling her to follow the voice. With another of her trademark sigh, Cera opened her eyes and stepped forward.

"I'm going to Fraulia."

The half-Infernal said, with a clear voice.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL2taMkhjb1IuanBnIn0.rx0DTLcdR5uRKrWeQHDs6EMGtzI

Specific Mentions of: @Izurich
"We will be split into three groups, each with separate destinations. Somnus, Venesia, and Fraulia, in that order. The first team will be led by myself, we stay here as the airship will be heading to Somnus. Now... before I decide anything, I'll let everyone to volunteer as members of any of these three teams. You can also volunteer as a leader of either the second or third team."

Wow, they really needed leaders, didn't they? Sonya was not the leader type, honestly. Her conversation with Yumi wouldn't change anything immediately, but it wasn't worthless. Sonya did need to be more trustworthy, but leader wasn't in her future unless their captain elected to believe in Sonya wholeheartedly. Which would be when Sorina stopped having a rotten attitude. So, never.

"I'd be a good fit for either Somnus or Fraulia, though I'd prefer Somnus since I'd blend in better. I'd rather go places other than Venesia for my own personal sake. Never left the country before, no reason to before." Besides that, Sonya had never been to Somnus before. It was worth going back to her roots and seeing what other Drow around the world were like. Were they all really just smugglers and murderers?

Taka went to the briefing like everyone else. All things considered, he had calmed down drastically since last we saw him. He didn't want to shoot someone anymore, but Buras still sat on his shoulder, just in case. 'I wonder what happened now.' he thought as he waited for this impromptu briefing to begin.

Low and behold, the princess was kidnapped, not by them this time. By people based in Somnus apparently, it wasn't a surprise to him that Drow would kidnap her. But he had one question. "How do we know this isn't another one of her planned kidnappings? If she planned for us, who's to say she hasn't planned for another? This could just be plot to get rid of us." It was a real concern, and one of the few times, perhaps the first, that he questioned Agatha. But what was he to do now? The only thing they could do was try and smooth things over so they didn't become hunted by two seperate, and very angry, empires.

Regardless of the answer he got, he volunteered to go to Venesia. He figured that his skills and upbringing would serve the Lughanta better there then off gallivanting in the dank hole that was Somnus. Though him going to Fraulia was a close second. Then again, his wing was somewhere in Somnus, he just knew it. So pulling aside someone that was going there, even if it had to be that damnable Drow, he made a simple request. "As you have figured out, I'm missing one of my wings. I'm certain it is somewhere in Somnus, a single wing is worth nothing without the other. If you were to find my other wing and return it to me, I'd be very grateful towards you and be in your debt. But you have a mission you must do, so if you can't find it, you can't find it."

With that, he left them and made his way to the boat that was going to head to Venesia.

Saki didn't have much preference for things, when it came time to decide on the missions. "I don't really have any reasons to go for any of these," she said, simply enough. "Haven't exactly seen Fraulia or Somnus, though, so I'd be more interested in either of those, but put me where you think I'd be most useful."

fD0T8YH.jpg

The war room sported many faces. Some tired and weary, others saddened or somewhat annoyed. However what clung to the air among everyone was the silent expectation of the current meeting. The summons was to be anticipated following the renegade event days prior, that left dead and gravely wounded lying in its wake. One of the latter was Venrid, who had been in recovery for the past twenty four hours and who now sat in a chair off to the side of the room with a glare that could pierce air.

He was sore, both physically and mentally. His hand, which was in bad shape to begin with was now all but beyond repair. He couldn't move a single digit nor feel any sensation coming from his fingers up his arm. If he was lucky it would be temporary, if not then his hand would be permanently lost along with his future mercenary career. To make matters worse, he was fully aware of his sad performance in guarding the princess. And being the only guard to have survived insured he had gotten many looks from crew both in and outside the room, which he hated.

He had fucked up, he accepted that much. But had they listened and not took the rat back to the fucking Lughanta in the beginning as he said for them to, none of what had proceeded would have. Of course everyone acted as if they were amnesiacs, and no one brought up a fucking word about that. Typical, an unfortunate soul to circumstance when things didn't favored them and people of valor when it did. It was a wonder not more of them had died with their approach to such things.

Barely listening to the conversations going on around him for the images of last night continuously replaying in his mind, Venrid barely caught wind of John's speech as he played the part of Little Mary Sunshine. As the boy's words droned on to an end Venrid couldn't hide the fact he was chuckling. Steadily growing into a full blown laugh, it may seem eerily out of place for the man with a seemingly constant scowl.

"Ahahahaha"

Laughing only to himself as no others joined in, he tried to talk in-between his laughter as best as he was allowed.

"Pardon me hehe, I was just... gettin in the energy mountain boi was throwing around ahehe"

"If I had a hand haha, I'd give yah a clap... Will that smile by chance fix my fucking hand? Ahahaha"

"Don't answer that, hehe I can already feel it working the magic Ahahahahaha."

Dying down after a drawn out cackle, Venrid sighs to himself before his smile up and disappears.

"How about get the princess back? Or bring back yer dead friends?... Guess yer all outa spells like that, huh."

"Well I gott one of my own. Though, wont bring back no dead or heal no wound. But it will get the son of a bitch who did it. It's just good ol hatred. Clears yer mind of any distractions, and uses that pent up energy like a volcano. Tha hard part is keeping it from boiling over as ye gotta let it churn and churn till ye can't take it anymore and churn it some more.

Before long ya let nothing get in yer way between you and them. Nothing. Only when yah getem where you want, and the Divine One can't help em do yah let it boil over. Then you make em suffer for what they did and never let em do it again... serve ya better than some weak smile and words. Don't go forgetten what the bitch did. "

Settling back into his chair and previous glare his choice of destinations would be clear without him saying so. Even without a hand and with a limp, he wouldn't be deterred or satisfied until Shinobu's mangled corpse was under foot.

The teams were decided. John, Yumi, Saki, and Taka would be heading to Venesia, led by the young Guardian. Silvania, Cera, and Adale shall make their way to Fraulia, guided by the veteran sniper of the Divine Kingdom's military. These two teams would board separate smaller airships from Port Artemis, departing to their respective destinations with one prisoner each. Time was of the essence and the group could only hope that the Empress wouldn't launch an invasion in the short future. As for the Lughanta itself and the rest, they'd be docking in Somnus, the infamous dwelling of the Drows.

After everything was said and all questions asked, the emergency briefing concluded in a heavy note. The road ahead would be hard and arduous but each and everyone knew, they were the only one who could prevent a world war.

8LbGbWj.png

Sol's golden brilliance
Luna's silver luster
Harmony and Discord
Order and Chaos in holy matrimony

CHAPTER II
The Trinity

NHBl22D.jpg

@LowDefinition @Lstorm @Miya

Days later, the group of four, three Lughanta crew and one Crow Youkai hostage, arrived in Eustia. The capital city of the Divine Kingdom was majestic beyond compare. Built beside and on a high mountain, it played its part of housing the Divine Seat well. Airships flew around the azure and marble-colored city. Even though most of the population here were human, the party could see quite a number of both Infernals and Celestials. The latter struck a stronger impression as when compared to their chaotic counterpart, Angels were rarely seen on Bumi, being few in numbers and bound by a strict code of conduct as expected from beings of Order.

RouT6D5.jpg

There, on top of the highest peak, the shining beacon of faith stood proudly. The eponymous Divine Cathedral of Fraulia, physical site of the Divine Seat, where the Vicar of the One ruled. The atmosphere was calming and serene, unfortunately, however, the crew couldn't waste time sightseeing the capital, they had a mission to do. The prisoner they brought was mostly quiet and docile, she didn't fight at all and had no intention of escaping.

Silvania, as the group's leader, would already be informed beforehand that her request for an audience with Grandmaster Maximilian was granted. Her experience as veteran and personal acquaintance of the Grandmaster certainly played a part. They would meet in a side wing of the Cathedral, specifically in one of the guest rooms.

wAjxyRR.jpg

Thus the group ascended the many stairs heading up to the top. Alternatively, there were magitek elevators built at various spots for convenience. Whatever path the group took, they'd arrive in the Cathedral's complex proper. A massive gate stood before them, guarded by an angel on each side, feathered wings folded, one hand ever ready on the grip of their holy arms. Their cold blue eyes watched the many people entering and leaving the complex. Silvania knew the place, it hadn't changed much since then, the East Wing would be just to their right.

"Halt." A majestic firm voice called out to them as they approached the Wing's entrance, it was one of the Justicar angels stationed as a guard, "State your business." the angelic warrior eyed the group, but her eyes lingered just a tad longer on the crimson-eyed halfbreed.However, before Silva could answer for the team, another individual entered the fray.

vpFoF07.jpg

"It's fine, Tieriel, they are guests." Said a golden-haired girl, physically looking just a few years younger than Cera. The half-infernal would again feel the gaze of an angel but this time, it was different, it was as if they have met before... spoken together before.

"Hello, welcome to Fraulia. I'm Ariel, I'll be your escort." The celestial bowed, "The Grandmaster is expecting you, please, over here." The moment Ariel mentioned Maximilian, the guard relaxed then stood at attention, allowing the group to enter the East Wing. Their short-haired angel escort led them through the white-marbled corridors where they eventually arrived in one of the many rooms reserved for dignitaries and guests. She opened the door then closed it behind them once the group was inside. Inside...

ZCzsUjc.jpg

"Thank you, Ariel." A voice echoed in the walls, a voice quite familiar to Silva, a voice belonging to Maximilian Milkov, Grandmaster of the Azure Crusaders. "Silva..." By Her Holiness... how long had it been? It was truly her. The nephilim could barely hold maintain his calm expression for a single fleeting moment as his blue eyes fell upon Silva. He then cleared his throat, glancing towards the group. "I received your request, urgent you said. So, what brings you and your... companions here?"

Last edited:
underground_city_by_chiryojt-d4cl3c2.jpg

Docking at the huge underground city, it was the home of the Drow, originally in exile, it grew in time to include other races. Ruled by an assortment of Criminal families collectively called "The Cabal" Somnus lacks a true central government​

Following a brief meeting, the group that accepted Agatha's call meet with her, where Voyd is brought up to speed, though the local Gangs tend to keep a form of law and order based on the feudal system of tithes, home to a large contingent of Mercenaries and where gold was more precious than life. In this true Underworld, the Crewmen of the Lughanta would desperately try recovering the Princess..

And to deal with a Traitor...

~~~~

The following events were more than a little convoluted, the whole crew of the Lughanta would not be allowed to run wild through the city, only small groups allowed in port from time to time would suit the guards on hand. Unwilling to travel back and forth Agatha takes up Asters suggestion on renting an Inn, though it irked her having to spend so much coin. More so in face of recent events that may cost her more money than she made.

After some debate, she settles on a small cobblestone Inn, ironically named "The Silver Spoon." Renting out the rather modest building, Sorina to her dismay was put in yet another room with the Doppelganger race male. While Sonya would room with Charlotte. Seven and Rurik shared a room, while Aster and Venrid another. Agatha had a room to herself naturally... The following Morning it seemed Agatha didn't have much of a plan to start with, though soon enough a host of members in the team, unsurprisingly if not horrifyingly disappointing to Sorina, had connections to this wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Voyd's proposal was true to an infernal's nature he intended to find Mercenaries with a bit too much money, and negotiate an exchange of information. All the rest seemed content with using their own sources, with Rurik staying behind to guard Aster an Agatha. In general the group agreed to meet up for supper and information exchange that evening. Part of the goal behind this was to rile up the Cabal into contacting the Captain, while risky it was better than looking for a Needle in a sack of Needles. They would be searching this City for weeks, on the other hand the Cabal could take grave offense to this..

While the others went about on their own adventures, this risky plan of Agatha's came to Fruition almost immediately that evening.

(events of that day being covered in collabs or single posts)

~~~~Later that Day~~~​

Later that evening, a rather busty young woman with pale blue eyes, raven hair and most curiously a magitek mechanical arm, enters the Inn, without a knock or a word. Clothed in garments befitting a slave, her eyes a sense of wariness trapped within. Though as she spoke, it was a voice not in the least bit troubled.

"Captain Agatha and Crew of the Lughanta I assume. I ask your pardon for the intrusion." Bowing lightly, she straightens up rather quickly, having known who they were she proceeds to introduce herself. "I am Amilia Correa, I am chief Herald to The Cabal, regional rulers of the City of Somnus. Your party has been extended an invitation to the Inner Circle.. I would offer you a hand to the door, but as you can see, I have only one to spare. I do suggest not turning down this invitation."

As if to score her point home, a number of men in a mixture of suits or armored plate peer in through the door and windows, as if to see what all of this was about, though all of them were a good deal better dressed than she.

"Heh, Alright! I was hoping to see your Bosses anyways, but did you really need the guards?"

"Do you need the two armored warriors and the Human Arsenal?" She spits back, eying over Rurik, Sorina and Venrid. "Plus some of you have caused a bit of trouble already, while I am expendable, The Cabal would only have me die at their hands."

"Ah, fair enough then. But like I said I had planned to go along anyways. I trust we have an understanding, yes?" Agatha says in response, her boss/bartering mode activated.

"That's fine, at least make it painless if you are going to slot me in the alley. You two, to the front with me if you do not mind. The bosses would be less jumpy if armored fighters are in plan view."

"Leave us."
The woman says plainly and calmly as the group disperses, taking the Lughanta crew in tow. With Sorina slightly to the Rear the swordsman walks alongside her, generating a conversation between the two.

~~~~~A Few hours later~~~~~

Leading the group through the streets, the typical beggars and suspicious sorts clear way, while the woman didn't seem to be much, the fear she generated spoke volumes, apparently she was this Herald she claimed to be. Leaving the Mercenaries to talk amongst themselves they are lead to a tall tower like structure, that seemed to be rather well built. With it's tall black spire and multiple colored banners the woman leads the group down red carpeted halls, guards positioned along the way. While lacking in training or even uniformity they seemed to be someone competent at the very least.

At the end of this carpeted hall was a pair of Maids, slave collars fastened to their necks, but otherwise strikingly beautiful in a manner, one Human, the other a Wolf Yokai judging by her fur and Ears. Bowing the pair part ways opening the door to the procession.

Before them was an oval stone room, blood stains on the floor, long faded with time, above them a ring of lighted seats, adjusted so nothing more than an outline of seated figures could be seen. Mixes of races and ages, sizes and shapes, if anything was notable, the bulk of them had pointed ears, marking them as Elven or some species of Infernal. And above that robed archers along an outer ring. Bows pointed downwards in clear warning, the source of the blood stains readily apparent.

"My Lords and Ladies, Leaders of the Cabal, I bring you forth the Crew of the Lughan-

"Get on with it you fucking big boobed twat." This form a rather fat looking human, surrounded by women or men on chains, spitting a slab of meat out of the side of his mouth. "Always said you would have been better suited as one of my dogs, Ahahaha~!"

"Ah Boss Bigass I mean Boss Biggus, I would be such a waste on one of your stature."

"Watch that smart mouth of yours before I cut your other arm off you little failure of an attack dog. Or did you forget what happened when you last crossed me?"

"Ah, but if you took both arms how would I clap at your jests?"

"Listen here you whore I'll have you frie-"

"Enough. Your wonton abuses go too far Biggus."
This voice came from a dark elf woman, a voice that Sonya should be able to place rather well, given she had not long ago spoke to the woman. "Crew of the Lughanta, we receive you, while some of us know your cause of being here, the Cabal must hear your case, then offer unto you a proposition. From this point on we shall observe the right of Silence, using our messenger to communicate our wishes."

"Yes, that is quite enough. Crew of the Lughanta, you've caused me a bit of trouble today, I should have you all shot down where you stand.. But alas, I am a Civilized being."
This voice seemed to come from a figure who was male and rather thin framed, pointed up to the archers above, his next words are not heard by the group, as Amilia speaks them aloud.

"And as such we are giving you this meeting. If we can strike a concord of Agreement we may also answer your questions, speak your mind and state your case, Captain and Crew of the Lughanta. We of the Cabal are much too busy for pointless chatter, and I highly suggest you speak carefully."

Holding her mechanical hand up to her ear, it seemed she was being spoken these words from hushed voices up above.

Last edited:
Collab with @RedArmyShogun

3bh4SUp.jpg

Charlotte for her part had a more… unconventional means in her attempts to gain information. Knowing more than a few Vampires and slavers here, the Vineyard and Mansion could use more help regardless couldn't it? Entering a seedier part of the Docks, Charlotte was well clothed as she was typically given, walking about as if she owned the place, with not a care in the world.

But why should she? Those "in the know" knew who she was, a preferential client. Her coins had glossed these streets more than once, and her blazing red eyes gave away she was no human. More than enough to discourage most would be muggers, more so if she bothered to smile at them.

Her first stop would be the "Customs Office Hotel" as some called it. More of a high class apartment building in reality. A number of Slavers lived here, particularly of note was Charlotte's own kind and her lesser "brethren" the normal Vampires. Upon her Entry a servant that seemed to know her by sight, immediately approaches her, dressed in a maid uniform the Dark Elf bows. "Welcome Mistress Charlotte, would you care to be escorted to the Foyer or the Slave pens? We of the Customs Office stand ready to fullfill your wishes given your most generous of Patronage."

-

The golden-haired vampire, as expected, had been treating the mission to Somnus much like a paid vacation. That was to say, she was doing some shopping and had been hitting up some of her friends, all along the way asking the right questions about the turncoat girl and the kidnapped princess as a secondary goal.

And indeed, her friends and contacts in the Slaver's Quarter also hosted an undeniable wealth of information, especially when it came down to the more legally ambiguous members of the industry. Those that were in the business of trafficking 'grey or black' market slaves would be the ones more likely to have juicy leads on the whereabouts of a certain kidnapped imperial princess.

So when Charlotte was approached by a dark elf servant in the Customs Office, she smiled and shook her head at the question. "Actually, I'm here for some other business today… Are either Alivia or Byers in today?"

-

"Ah yes Mistress, please come right this way." Bowing once more, the Drow straightens up, leading Charlotte to the Foyer, a rather classy room, with fine furniture, artwork and even a decorative fountain of Luna portrayed topless, water vase in hand, pouring clear water into the basin below.

Sure enough the two that Charlotte sought were right there, sitting on a chair was one reading, the other sprawled out across a couch napping. Of note was the fact both seemed to have the same sort of Red eyes that Charlotte had, though not the slit red of the Infernals, Vampires likely. The male woken up by a soft tapping of Dark Elf, seems less pleased that he was awoken, though that expression changes upon seeing why.

"Ah Charlotte! So how are you doing this time around?" For her part the woman reading lowers her book, turning her attention to the guest brought in by the Dark Elf, of course this warranted her full attention, after all she and her partner where in the same business, one of which Charlotte was a valued customer and friend. "Ah, my good friend, what brings you to us today? Please, come sit with us. You may leave, Girl." Dismissing the Servant, there was no need to have what amounted to property sitting around to hear the conversation.

"I'm afraid we don't have all that much for Sale as of today. A bloody Green Skin has been running around attacking our trade with a band of those militant cultist fools...Tch some people.."

-

"Ah? Enjoying yourselves here, I see," said Charlotte, upon arriving in the grand parlour that her two close acquaintances occupied. Receiving the greetings of her friends, she nodded, taking a seat on a well-cushioned settee across from the couple. Making an empathetic grimace at the news of misfortune, she gave her apologies. "Oh, that's tough… Hopefully business won't be too affected in the end, hmm?" Making a smile, she shook her head. "Well as it happens, I'm after a bit of information that requires an ear in some certain channels…"

Lowering her voice, she succinctly explained the issue at hand, taking care to describe the features of both of the missing girls. "Any of this familiar at all?"

-

"Oh it should be fine..Not like it hasn't happened before." Alivia says with a dismissive wave of her right hand, brushing the issue aside. "We have a few bodies for sale regardless of the Green Fool."

Taking his time to consider the question Byers run's his left hand under his chin, getting up to pace about the floor as he was accustomed. Stopping to look at the Statue, his partner shoots an angry glare, as he suddenly lets out an "Ahah! Why yes, I think I seen both of those figures. It was the early Morning about a week ago, I was off loading some of our Cargo, a gunship transport came in. That one woman's form and posture looked suitable enough for a slave many a man would enjoy breaking in. The girl looked like a frail scholar, fairly well clothed."

"Dearest, while I'm impressed you remember how these women looked, I highly suggest you sleep on the couch down here this day.." Glaring she seemed none the least happy with this, as the man sighs in turn.

"Anyways they meet up with some of the Somnus new Cultist Friends, The Word of Kharlan. Given they naturally hate slavers something fierce I didn't get involved."

"Oh the Cult?" Alivia says questioningly. "Now that you mention it, don't they have a big Green Skin on the payroll of that merc band they hired? Would you like for us to acquire them for you? Though difficult it might be with that weird bunch hanging about."

-

Charlotte raised an amused eyebrow at the two's brief exchange, suppressing a chuckle with an elegantly placed hand over her mouth. "I see. It's unfortunate that it was a week ago," she lamented, folding her arms. "It's good news that we've finally got a lead, but they can be anywhere now."

Still, she had an amused smile at the man's own misfortune, which turned to mild surprise as Alivia continued on. "Oh? Then they're still within our reach?" She mused on this thought for a moment before breaking out with a happy grin. "Yes. And you're absolutely right. I'll pay handsomely for the raven-haired girl if you capture her~"

-

"We'll see what we can do, but as far as I know that ship is still docked." The man adds in as the female thinks on the offer, it was tempting. Though also dangerous.

"We might be able to help with this. But I'm not sure if The Cabal would readily allow this, we'll see what we can find out and if doable, we'll snatch her. If it's too much at least you'll know where she is. Is this good enough for a Deal Lady Charlotte?" Alivia offers as Byers speaks up;

"Oh on that note, where should we send word to you, or do you prefer we wait on you to visit us again?"

-

"Then it's a deal." She nods with a smile, moving to shake hands. "Oh, I'll be staying nearby."

Last edited:
JMGOOUy.png

The team headed to Venesia were in for a rude surprise on their way to the giant merchant islands, which could really be considered continents by their sheer size. Those aboard the small airship would only have the warm breezes and cloudy skies for company, until the enormous shadow of freight ship cut through a mountain of a cloud to their starboard. Letting out a deafening horn signal, a few frigate and other small class ships would soon assembled around it in Venesian convoy formation.

Though, encounters like these would be common and numerous as they drew nearer to the coast. With only a little of a mile left, they would be able to spot the island on the horizon with its various moving parts. And as their approach continued the island would grow as more came into view and the crew witnessed the frenzy of daily life on Venesia.

__________________________________________________________________________________​

The docks, one of several dozen by the looks of it, were a hot spot of activity. Voices, people, birds, incoming ships and those setting off for locations abroad unknown. It would be a lot to take and and easy for one to just sit and watch, but to the inhabitants of the city that rarely slept, it would just be slowing trade.

"Move it ye tourists!" Shouted a stocky looking sailor on the long pier overlooking the small airboat. The man could tell from John's face that he was a first time arrival. He hadn't the time to give him anymore a stern greeting before he was off to the other side shouting up at some men loading precious cargo onto a craft twenty times larger.

"Oi! Oi! Ye you, ya bloody sods. Hell ye think yer doing with those huh!?" He bellowed with cupped hands.

Being best to leave as told, the rag tag Venesian group lead by the adventurous scout John, would need to practically fight their way to the inner city. While a place meant for boarding and unboarding, the pier was littered with crates, barrels, and other assorted items. When there was space to walk without tripping it wasn't long before a group of folks bustled on by or a ill mannered helper bruised them aside.

For their part it took a good several minutes walk that should have been a few far shorter before the group got their first glimpse of the inner city. Scaring away a group of gulls hanging about the edge of the docks. The sight that lay before them was one of welcoming and awe inspiring allure.

155434.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________​

If the docks were a hotspot of activity, the city itself was like a bees nest. While not nearly as crowded, the streets as far as one could see were occupied by people wanting to be somewhere they weren't. Bustling with movement, business, and entertainers. It wasn't but fifty feet or so before one could hear a different instrument being played or see another dancer's exposed waist and shoulders.

The waters paralleling the streets weren't much different, occupied by passing gondola they floated to and fro with people hopping off only for more to take their place. There were even some, albeit of larger design, that were carrying crates and barrels of various sorts of oddities from the docks to the inner markets.

As the crew made their way deeper into this busy heart of the city toward the Doge's palace overhead, they passed through the merchants sect. There it was severely more crowded and the sound of voices drowned out anything else competing for attention. Garnering the craze of shopkeepers and peddlers alike, the group was soon caught up in a whirl of distraction.

"You sir! You look like a renowned man of science! Wouldn't you spare a moment to take a look at these fine Erchius crystals? Someone like you could appreciate their true worth. And I'm sure if not them you'd be interested in these fine instruments." A man called out to Taka behind a wooden stand offering various magitek testing utensils.

"Young man, if I may have your time. Where did you ever purchase those clothes? I have never seen such fabric or designs before." A older looking man with a keen eye said approaching John, and inquiring about his rather obtuse attire. Though, being second to notice him another, much younger man also called for John's attention.

"Oh, Swordsman! You seem to be from lands far away. May I interest you in some souvenirs for your travels?" Shifting his body to his wares, the man seemed to offer a variety of hand crafted, if not cheap, artifacts connected to the city of Venesia. One in particular being a miniature winged lion carving.

While not receiving offers in kind like the others, Saki and her sister kin drew a crowd of their own, if only onlookers. Following their every step, and intently tails, horns and wings it seemed that while not an out of the ordinary sight, the visit of a dragon was a spectacle to be admired. Making way for them as they passed, the shoppers and delivery men were much more accommodating than the docks.

Bringing up the rear and likely the least noticeable, Yumi for her part was lost beneath the crowd, so to speak. Shorter than the rest of the spotlights, her inactive ability to blend in would allow her to continue easily and shift her gaze as she pleased.

Whether anyone took the time to shop around for something would be up to them, but it was easy for someone with meetings elsewhere to get too distracted here and become late.

After an extensive walk and two rides on gondola which seemed to send them in circles, Yumi, Saki, and Taka at John's lead finally arrived outside the luxurious palace of the eminent Doge. Resting atop several flights of steps and the rest of the port city, the domed top of the building seemed imposing as a man exited the main doors of the palace halls to greet them.

swiss_guard_by_princessjo5-d9izu3j.png

Hands clasped together at his front, the man's face had a rather stern look about it. That of someone who had to manage all emotion on the surface inward. Though, despite looks his voice range with dry cordial tone that indicated they were hardly the first guests of the day, nor that week. While presently not lacking in emotion, his greeting was one that you could guess was used quite often from the formality in it.

"Hello. I am Niles, a house servant of his most prestigious Doge. How may I help you?"

Listening intently to the groups names and their purpose, the man eerily didn't blink, as if memorizing their every face and detail. Nodding along he gingerly awaited his turn to speak before closing his eyes for a moment in a rather slow and delayed blink.

"Very well. I shall guide you to the dinner hall where his most prestigious Doge awaits."

Turning on his heels the man headed for the door in order to take them to their employer. Rapping on the large door with a metal knocker, it opens by the assistances of two guardsmen who appear behind each thick stone door upon entry. The inside as expected, is more lush than the exterior, with the floor reflective of marble and adorned with silken carpet. The ceiling above was decorated with gold and chandeliers who seemed to hang precariously overhead, their tethers paper thin from their great height.

As Niles continued to directed them further into the palace they soon left the entrance hallway and passed into a large open area sporting gilded pillars blow an even mightier ceiling than before. However, here it was not as lavish, and instead of decorative gold the roof curved upward and inward into a black almost winglike structure that seemed implausible.

Being readily lined with guardsman, one lone guard stood attention beside the doorway unknowingly leading to the Doge's dining halls.

8Fy3hyQ.png

"His Most Serene Donatello the VIIth Doge of Venesia and her borders, bids you the crew of the Lug-- Where is Princess Olivia?" With them was a Dragon Youkai in chains, a water type if he recalled correctly.

"Unless the Princess grew scales, this is not whom you should be bringing before his Royal Highness.." Nodding his head to Sentries further down the hall, the guardsman turns to face the small group that had made it's way here. "I trust you have some sort of cause or reason to be here. Please Wait." Turning on his heels, the Guardsman enters the banquet hall, returning shortly.

"His Excellency will see you now. Please do not mind if another speaks for him from his hushed Whispers, his Eminence grows old and is not accustomed to raising his voice. Until the meantime we ask that you stay here in Venesia, the Doge will have your report on the situation, with an explanation on why Her Imperial Highness, and the Lady Agatha of the Lughanta Company is not before his Eminence." Holding his halberd at rigid attention, the man marches in a ceremonial manner clearing the door.

"To His Eminence The Doge, Seventh of his name, I introduce to you the Companions from the Lughanta Company barring news of Her Imperial Highness Oliva, successor to the Imperium's Golden Throne."

Stepping aside the Guardsman make his way towards the Doge, standing at rigid attention. "You may be seated."

Watching carefully from his appointed seat near the end of the dining table, the Doge much like his palace was in a seat that supported him about a foot or more off the ground. Giving him a better view of the room and his guests, it also instilled a sense of hierarchy. Without word he commanded respect from his throne and respect is what he got from all those already present inside the hall.

With his hands clasped together firmly, fingers dotted with rings, and arms wrapped in fine cloth. His appearance was a clear one of wealth and power. Despite his sunken eyes, and aged tanned skin his gaze was very much still piercing and attention absolute over the brim of his large nose. With his beard graying from the many seasons to have passed, it was the only solid indicator of his growing age. If not for it, one could have easily mistaken him for one far younger than in actual years.

With the group presumably seated, he mumbled a few words to a servant at his right, waving his hands in the process and nodding at his questions. Speaking only when the Doge waved for him to, the man's voice carried the tone of authority.

"His Eminence is glad to see you all have arrived safely. He knows how troublesome the trip must have been. But he is still most troubled by the absence of Her Imperial Highness and that of Lady Agatha. What news have you of these developments?"

Last edited:
gqA4XKe.jpg

Buttoning up his suit, Seven once again went over what had happened up through to now. However, he still couldn't find the answer he was seeking. The betrayal, the kidnapping, The deaths of the crew-members... Agatha Nightingale and the crew of the Lughanta were played like a fiddle. Seven mentally maintained that it was only due to good fortune that the ship did not drop into the ocean immediately after Shinobu's plan went into motion.

But now here he was. Somnus. Everyone was chasing after the pieces of what Shinobu had left behind. Would it be here that those debts would be repaid? The debts to Laura, Drayton, as well as the crew whose lives were cut short due to the betrayal.

Seven, was still uncertain where he stood. And at the moment, his orders remained: he was to keep still and follow along. His primary objective was to observe and report using the Stratohsparrows. But how long would he be able to do that?

In the corner of a room, a large blade sat wrapped in bandages. It did little to hide what it was meant for, but apparently, in these parts, it's shape was akin to a local Drow instrument. So conveniently it could be passed off as such to normal folk. Walking over to it, Seven took grip of the blade's handle.

It was firm. He could still remember it in it's original form. When it fell as a part of the debris from Lughanta's levitation ring. It was a bit of a rush job, but it seemed like that Herman fellow was indeed skilled in his craft. One would be hard pressed to believe this was once a part of a levitation ring.

It was distinct sign that things had escalated. Seven couldn't carelessly meander in the back-lines anymore.

e1nwT0P.jpg

Crackle.
Smash.
Platter.
Skitter.

Blade after blade shattered. Seven was destroying the armory of the Lughanta. He didn't particularly mind though, considering these were all mostly spoils taken from their recent exploits. Primarily Yellowbeard scimitars that were otherwise worthless, as Agatha could already equip the crew with higher quality weapons already.

Regardless, Seven felt foolish for being so surprised at their shoddiness. These weren't weapons made for such violent action. They weren't fashioned for Generals of Officers. Just mass produced. So of course they would break.

"W-what!? The ships exploder-izin outside at you're in here wrecking the armoury?! Dude... Seven was it? There's probably something more productive you can do than making a mess in here."

"I need a weapon. I'm looking for something that can stand up to being struck against something harder than steel."

A pause. Her man could guess that Seven was also out for revenge. But still, he was asking for some serious hardware.

"Well, you sure ain't going to find it here. Just in case you forgot, I'm a smith though. Provided I have the right materials-"

"Yes. I want you to make me one."

"You're not even going to let me FINISH ARE YOU!?"

"Here. Hold this."

Herman knew this guy was a bito ff his rocker. But, he was instantly struck with what he was just handed. It was debris. Not unlike the parts of the Lughanta's levitation ring that was blasted the other night.

"You notice it, don't you?"

"...! It's, still generating levitation on it's own! Amazing!"

Seven Nodded.

"I don't know exactly how it works, but I want to make use of it. I want you to graft a Silverite Blade onto that Debris Shaft. Plus, I want you to optimize the flow loop in that shaft, so it'll generate more lift."

Herman, paused, opening his hands, he let go of the rod. It began to slowly levitate, as it if were a baloon. But, that wasn't the thing that was most curious to him at the moment.

"What the heck dude. You're asking for some crazy things. But what's even more crazy is that it's all actually plausible. Maybe not so much the optimizing the flow loop, because that's dependent on various factors..."

"I'll pay you what you want. And once Lughanta Docks again, I can get you the equipment."

"That's..."

Herman took a good look at the expression that the redhead's eyes were making.

"So, I guess you're dead serious about this, aren't you?"

"Yes.... I am."

The sword that had no name. With a large Silverite blade grafted onto a pole from a levitation ring. It was perfect. It was just the right size, and it still had the mass that he desired to deliver similar blows. Herman was semi successful in refining the pieces' levitation aspect, enough that it generated enough left to compensate for the years of strength training Seven had lost. If he learned enough, he could even to more with it than he ever did with his old weapon.

Seven walked outside. Greeted by the darkness of the city that lay underground.

Due to the passing events, it had become necessary to meet up with someone. For at this point, conversation with the birds was to slow, considering how quickly things were now progressing.

Theme of Eight: To Want is not Sinful

Seven arrived at the meeting place. A courtyard atop one of the tiered buildings. Distinctive in the fact that the terrace had artificial light, allowing for trees to grow in the otherwise dark space.

He approached a woman, wearing a peculiar looking hat. She seemed like she would've been right at home with Yellowbeard's pirate gang.

She turned around, a woman with long and luscious silvery hair. For a moment, Seven was reminded of Laura. But this person wasn't her. The feeling subsided quickly, as he knew this woman a bit more intimately.

"Seven, is it?"

"Eight."

She immediately took notice of the young man's oversized weapon.

"Oh? Are you actually wielding that thing? So, was the story about you taking on a whole nonhuman squad with an anti-monster sword true then?"

"Figure it out yourself. What has the inquisitor said about the current situation?"

"Same thing that the hag always says, Mr. Killjoy."
Eight shrugged nonchalantly. "Observe and report like everyone always tells us to do. In general, I was sent here to ask you some questions. It was easier to do it in person since it would've taken a whole fleet of birds to get it all across. Let's begin then, shall we?"

"...I'm supposed report back to inn tonight. That's all of it."

Eight yawned visibly.

"This all sound like a whole lot of trouble and unnecessary drama... If I would have it, the easiest way to stop all of this is to just remove the girl out of the equation entirely. You know... Stabbie Stabbie."
Eight said as she jabbed her index finger forward. She then smiled. "But, it gets complicated when it's your old girlfriend who's been kidnapped, right? Really though, you should've just set aside those sentiments and plowed through her with your sword when she first approached her, and we could've avoided all of this."

Seven frowned.

"I'm Joking, Seven. Of course it would've been a bad situation if you did that there with no way to pull out. Anyway, I'll relay this over the hag. Just keep doing what you do. We also have someone else operating in the city. Just note they're also on assignment so only call em' if you need em'. That said, do pay them a visit at least if you're able."

Seven simply nodded. To this the woman turned around, walking off. However, Seven's reflexes immediately went into action. Catching the item that was thrown at him. He opened his hand, seeing a small item wrapped in paper.

"Drow ChoccoBuse. Hope it sweetens up your day, Supply Officer."

The pirate woman winked, before disappearing into the shadows.

"...I need to get back to the inn."
Opening the candy, he found directions written on inside of the wrapper. "But, I wonder who else is in the city?"

"Crew of the Lughanta, we receive you, while some of us know your cause of being here, the Cabal must hear your case, then offer unto you a proposition. From this point on we shall observe the right of Silence, using our messenger to communicate our wishes."

"Yes, that is quite enough. Crew of the Lughanta, you've caused me a bit of trouble today, I should have you all shot down where you stand.. But alas, I am a Civilized being."

"And as such we are giving you this meeting. If we can strike a concord of Agreement we may also answer your questions, speak your mind and state your case, Captain and Crew of the Lughanta. We of the Cabal are much too busy for pointless chatter, and I highly suggest you speak carefully."

Well it wasn't too bad of a surprise. Being summoned here so suddenly and the bloodstains on the floor were already dead giveaways before a word was even spoken. Seven, however took on a relaxed pose. putting his hands on his hip and one resting on his sword, ready to be drawn from behind him at his waist. Regardless, it seemed he was getting used all these 'being thrown into life threatening situations' trope already.

He was hoping that words would win the day. But if it came to it, he would do his job as a crew-member, and murder everything hostile in the room.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL2taMkhjb1IuanBnIn0.rx0DTLcdR5uRKrWeQHDs6EMGtzI

Specific Mentions of: @RedArmyShogun

Before The Meeting With Boss Biggus
Being a former resident of the city and a fairly known quantity among the Drow of the lower quarter, Sonya went back to her roots from a point of view. Traveling the back allies and doing her best to avoid prying eyes, her attractive physical features garners some attention from the local residents, squatting about streetside stalls, drinking or gambling, but all knew better than to attempt touching her. Among the more foolish he did catcall or attempted to touch, there always seemed to be a warning, if not older hand lurking about the crowd, discouraging them.

Reaching what was at face value a Betting House and Pawn Shop, wary dark elves with their hands on daggers, gaze out upon her, with the older looking of the pair blocking her way. "Not so fast bitch, store is closed..I suggest you tur-" Before he can finish a fellow female of their race comes into view, from the front door.

"Ah Sonya my dear, I am surprised to see you back in the city, I assumed you dead. I guess Luna and Sol have no need of you just yet. It's fine, let her through."

"Yes Boss Marian. Sorry Miss, just orders."
Standing aside, the other guard lets go of his tension as he waves with his arm for her to pass. Leading the former thief inside, Marian hums a tune, as the storefront within was a beehive of Activity. Workers of various races moving pieces a bit out of the price range of a mere pawn shop.

"What can I do for you Sonya? As you can see I'm busy moving a few items from your...fellow professionals for sale tonight. Do you have some items you wish for me to buy? It has been a rather long time."

~~~​

There had been a few trips out to Somnus before, minor ones where she needed to go, but most of the time Sonya stayed out of the place. It was just a sad reminder that while she may seem upright compared to the rest of the Drow here, it was just expected of them to be criminals. So she opted not to stab any wandering hands this time. This time.

Marian managed to allow Sonya to squeak inside, and with a wink and, "looks like it's not quite closed yet, boys" Sonya moved to Marian's side, silently admiring the pieces around the pawn shop.

"An excellent question. It's just information tonight. Heard about a missing princess and figured that I could get some decent money for her if I played my cards right. Being on the run is expensive, you know."

Sonya sighed, she never really wanted to get invested in all this political crap. She just wanted an excuse to leave and a group to hide in. Now the fate of the world hung in the balance and she was chasing after a princess who had invented the opposite of the Divine One. This was all so much and she still had no idea why she was still going along with it.

"That and maybe something about a Youkai wing? Probably a owl one? An ally of mine is looking for some to study them to make more magitek wings or whatever. Even if it's really worthless it'd be worth it just to see what the crazy guy makes of it."
A lie, and even if Taka didn't really know that the Drow had been eavesdropping when he whispered to someone, it wouldn't hurt to make friends with the old bird.

~~~​

A Youkai Wing?

"Ahah… That is a bit of an odd request… And a Princess? I feel as if you have gotten into something very troublesome, my dear. But one I am not unable to help with. Let's just say, I've moved up in the world a great deal these last few years." Gazing at Sonya, Marian offers no concrete words on just how, or to what she had moved up to, but it was clear her wealth grew considerably. "Hmm, if not for what I knew of your past, I would suggest you go see your family while you are here, though.. Ah pardon me, anyways if it is of some comfort your parents make as honest of a living as one can in this city under my employment.. After you left fortunes turned against them rather quickly. I just wanted you to know they are doing well."

While outwardly she didn't look all that much older Marian was many years her senior. Going over to a ledger book, the fellow Drow flips through the pages, scouring the list. "I'm afraid the goods I market are material, not those of the flesh..given the history of our people I'm surprised Slavery is so rampant. As to a Princess.. I know nothing of the sort. I know the Cult has been buying up Mercenaries as of late, but that is about it.. I assume you came in on that ship? If so some people who may have answers will get a word in from me.. Can you tell me what any of this is about?"

Flipping through the pages, the woman suddenly stops. "Hmm, we had one bought from our brethren several months back, a trophy hunting Noble from the Empire showed some interest in it but never committed to the purchase, an Orc, but he wanted to eat it… Ah.. Oh no.. That Fat Asshole...oh Pardon my speech, that Large Gentleman bought it.. If the reason why you want it is great enough, I could acquire it back, though for a price…"

~~~​

As to the fate of Sonya's parents, she hummed and looked at some small golden trinket. She wouldn't ever pocket this, but the value was obvious from just glancing at it. The clerk registering it looked up at Sonya and pulled the trinket close to prevent sticky fingers.

"Yes, but if anyone was going to know it'd be Madame Marian," Sonya purred, clearly trying to butter up Marian. "You're the best when it comes to knowing when money changes hands just about anywhere, and if kidnapping a princess doesn't involve money I'll eat my hat."

"As for what this is about... I ended up throwing in with a merc company that has ended up with a lot on their plate. And of course, that means my plate as well. Can't spill details, but this is much too big for my tastes."

At the very least, Marian would have the manners not to pry too deeply. Secrets and money made the world go round after all.

"As for the wings... can I get the name and place that the... Large Gentleman is at? He seems like the type who needs a visit from a good thief if he's just going to eat the darn things. Seems more like a waste of money to buy something that clearly came from something so awful. Who would even want something like that anyway? Seems too gruesome for my tastes."

~~~​

"That would be a very bad idea. He's rather important and he would take no mercy on you, truthfully it's best you leave this to me. As to why he has the wing, I believe it's as he wanted it for a fashion accessory, to be fanned with by one of his slaves. He is a truly disgusting man but I must work with him.. In fact you likely heard of him, Boss Biggus.. Aptly named. I understand if you cannot tell me more, but can you at least tell me where you are staying? I'm only interested in jewels and art, not bounties or bodies."

Adding in the last bit Marian seems to look at Sonya a bit more sternly, in part to pull that answer from her, in part to dissuade her from robbing Boss Biggus. The fact he was addressed as Boss was fairly telling, though Marian herself was as well likely slipped Sonya's notice, or was put down as an employee addressing his boss.

"As to pay hmm… Well my Son could use a meeting with a lovely girl. Ehaha, I kid, well unless you have some interest, it would be nice if you landed in a less dangerous position in life finally, but I doubt this city holds that for you… Least not for now."

~~~
"No doubt. Boss Biggus..." Sonya clicked her tongue. "Well, while it is still abhorrent I guess that there's not much I can do about him right now. Not enough time for a high profile target like that. Probably has crazy high security and getting arrested right now is... tricky I guess."

"I'm currently working with the Lughanta, you know, the mercs that took down Yellowbeard and all that. I'd hoped that they would have been more relaxed in the rest of their work, or at least stick me on cleaning duty, but no."

When Marian suggested that Sonya settle down with her son she laughed. Less dangerous position in life would be no fun. Not to mention that it was unlikely given the fact that she did have a bounty on her head and probably would for a while.

"If he wants to meet a lovely girl there's a place for that. Besides, I'm not the 'meet the parents' type of girl that you'd want,"
Sonya laughed.

~~~
"The Lughanta is it.. Very well, you'll hear from me soon, feel free to take that pendant you were eyeing on the way in. Well if that is all, I'll see you some other time I am sure." Marian finishing her business with Sonya, motions with her head towards the door, a subtle way of asking her to leave before her current business got underway.

~~~
With a smile, Sonya plucked the pendant from the clerk and sashayed out of the shop.

Currently....
Boss Biggus was every bit the type who needed a good robbing as Sonya had figured. It was almost a shame that he was off limits because of Marian's insistence.

"Enough. Your wonton abuses go to far Biggus." So she really had gone up in the world. Good for Marian, and good for Sonya. Never hurt to have friends in high places, after all. "Crew of the Lughanta, we receive you, while some of us know your cause of being here, the Cabal must hear your case, then offer unto you a proposition. From this point on we shall observe the right of Silence, using our messenger to communicate our wishes."

Formalities, formalities. Still it kept idiots like Biggus from speaking.

Sonya just barely managed to bite back a sarcastic comment. She'd leave the negotiating to their illustrious leader, after all. Sonya could play a good little soldier for now.

fD0T8YH.jpg

ZjPb2CR.png

xedo8Aa.jpg

Collab w/@RedArmyShogun
Before the Cabal Meeting

Setting out on his own Venrid had actual connections in the city, heading for a small comfortable Bar called the Heralds Boon. On first inspection it seemed more clean and even in a manner prestigious than the other Bars throughout the docks of the city. Of note was the fact every single patron had a weapon on hand, men or women, they all had the look of veteran Mercenaries, cleanly dressed, distant stares. Be it airs or actual refinement the atmosphere was remarkably more homey if not a bit on edge.

Of note were a few customers that stood out far more than the others, a woman in the garb of an Imperial officer, struggling to light a pipe with gloved hands. The scar on her face and the various add-ons gave a big hint she was a former Imperial officer, likely a Mercenary Captain of one sort another, the other sight was even stranger… one of the biggest Orcs a person could see, in a clean pressed business suit, reading a menu, or attempting to at any rate;

"Uh… Sod it Bingz me sum meat! An'one o'those lil Teez!"

A waitress with a rather mean look to her simply nods her head taking the order, as the Middle Aged Barkeep with a huge double handed battle axe to his rear just looks on sternly, catching sight of Venrid. "Oh, so he's not dead yet after all, bloody living Arsenal.."

"Tch, lose a bet old man?"

The Healds Boon looked the same as it ever, Venrid noticed, as he closed the front door behind him. Filled with people from wall to wall, and mostly mercenaries at that, many were either there for contacts or the occasional job from would be hirees who visited the place. Though, unlike most times the atmosphere was a tad more thick with wariness. It wasn't hard to see why with the green giant in the room, in a suit no less and dwarfing the woman next to him. If an Orc wasn't enough to be on edge then the present one made sure of it.

Though, Venrid didn't really have time to marvel at the beast turned civilized. He was there for information, and not much else. If he couldn't find his usual eyes and ears then he'd try another place on down. Walking toward the bar counter it was that attitude and disregard that had him soon tripping over a foot in passing that had shot out from beside a tabled to his left. Its owner, a young man with bright flaming hair flashed a smirk as Venrid went tumbling forward and to the ground.

Attempting to catch himself mid-fall on the lip of a table, his weight was far too much for it to handle and instead of helping him, tipped over and fell alongside him. Making a loud crashing sound and sending food and drink all over him, it was quite a sight to see and one not altogether expected. After a momentary silence, there followed a spell of laughs, the room joining in with the young man's.

"Ahahaha Damn Ven. Losing yer touch?" Was all he said between breaths.

He was an old yet young acquaintance of Venrid's who when he last saw was just a kid. Seeming now to have made a name for himself recently, or at least enough to not get chased out of the Boon, he was more than a little cocky. Venrid collected himself and rising as swiftly as he'd fallen, the boy readied for an incoming fight only to be left out to dry. Brushing the food off his head and neck instead, Venrid simply set the table upright before taking a seat at a bar stool.

""Gimme a stout porter. … … Yah seen Mall or Ivring? Or by chance a skinny bitch in white armor and a scowl worse en mine? Carrying a dainty girl with deep blues?

Listening in closely to the conversation, the Orc's posture perks up slightly at mention of the skinny bitch in white armor, but he remains seated rather than inquire on this new Merc's line of questioning, waiting for his food it wasn't all that likely he would suddenly leave.. The Orc could bide his time, listening in.

For his part the Barkeep sighs angrily, watching the pair. "Oi, that costs money you know, you two wanna fight then take it outside, or we'll obey the rule on the wall." Pointing at the sign behind the two it clearly stated "All trouble makers will be beaten by staff and the clientele."

For her part the white coat wearing Imperial chuckles before walking over, pipe in hand."Xaxaxaxa" She says in a strange manner of laughter, before slapping the boy on the back of his shoulder, painfully gripping into his shoulder muscle, as an Evil eye glares at him. While friendly seeming, it was clear to anyone not daft that she was threatening him with her next words.

"Konrad My crewman, you have two left feet as always don't cha? Meant nothing by it, right?! Xaxaxaxa. You were just going to clean up this mess as an apology yes?" With a frown the younger merc mouths a silent "yes" as the grip tightens more into his shoulder. "Yes Captain.."

"Xaxaxaxa That's the Spirit! Ah, as to white armored Women, the only one I've seen is me, but maybe you can have a drink with me and some others will know, eh? Plus I have business with our Orc back there." Releasing her crewman, the younger man grumbles but sets about his task she smiles somewhat expectantly while holding her pipe.

The Barkeep for his part shrugs, going back to his glasses. "Well, she's right on that, no women like you said have been in here. As to those two, Mall retired two months ago, bought a farmstead in the Kingdom, got Married. Ivring.. I think he went off on a job for the Cabal A week or two ago, some sort of Security work." Eying the Ork briefly, the Barkeep proceeds to make Venrid's drink, handing it over in a tall lipped and most importantly clean glass.

""Huh. Wonder who the poor bastard is heh."

Taking a extended look at the black liquid in his glass, Venrid soon raises and tries to down it in one go. Gulping the tar colored liquid down his throat, not bothering to taste it, he downs off about half of it before setting it back on the bar's counter. Wiping his lip with the sleeve of his arm he takes a moment's glance over at an empty corner of the room, as if someone is there.

Recalling briefly the times he'd seen Mall frequent it, and the drunken nights after a successful job together, his eyes begin to water as something stirs in his gut. Letting out a loud belch followed by a weak cough, he looks to the bar owner wide eyed.

""Ya put spice in these?" … "Gimme another."

Finishing the drink and waiting for another, he eventually turns on his stool to face the white hair with the open invitation. Looking her over more than once and attempting to get a feel for her line of work. He doesn't really get any tell signs apart from her chest and she was maybe a Captain. Taking for granted the reasons she offered a seat at all, he tries to pry at what it is exactly she's wanting.

"Others huh? Don't suppose yah know some smugglers?"

With old Herald giving him the whole bottle, Venrid grins before laying some odd coins on the counter and deciding to join the woman at her table with the Orc. Taking a seat and giving one to his drink, he reaches inside his cloak for a box of matches.

"Yes, Cinnamon and nutmeg with a hint of Masyaf Red. Just take the bottle, I'll bill you whatever you drink Ven." Placing the bottle on the counter, he gives a shrug, turning his attention to a kitchen window behind him. "Don't keep that Orc waiting too long, just give him some chicken, tends to love it."

"Xaxaxaxa Why Yes I know others, what do you think it is I do? Well asides from Mercenary work, we carry all manner of Cargo, in this case Orksen here had a rather neat job. Isn't that right Orksen?"

Staring up with an annoyed expression to his face the Orc studies the other man, before grunting. "Oi yah daff ladee, Wat's yah doin invitin erry ummie yahs fancies? But yeah, I tellz yah Ummie, cuz yah talk ta ennieone else, I'm gonna KILL YAH!" Pausing for a bit as his chicken is brought out, the orc seems to smile, hurriedly ripping into the meat. "I FUKKEN LUV CHICKEN! But yeaahz I'm gonna go raid da slave docks again from one'o those tall Cabal Git Fellahs, give'em a fight'n chance to reach those docks, gotz da Missus der and sum boyz from da Kingdum ta's carry em out if they kan make it."

Without a care in the world at the fact he was more or less saying he was going to piss on one of the most powerful men in the city, the white haired woman turns to face Venrid, noticing his matches. "Oh? Care to give me a light, I'm Misha Orissa. Formerly of the Empire, captain of the Demolisher. And the tall Green Crusader is Gorgutz Orksen.. And I would caution informing on him if you were considering it. Public opinion in this city at present is on it's tip toes against the current rule. Xaxaxaxa."

""Do I look like Ima eat em?" Opening the box of matches Venrid strikes one and leans forward to light the pipe in Misha's hand. Watching it pull away before he could light it, Misha seemed rather to tease him for his rude comment. Putting it to her mouth she motions with her head and he has to come to a full stand overlooking her before smoke arises he shook the match out.

""So the hell an orc want with the Cabal? They kill yer chickens or somethin?" Running the new information over another drink of his bottle Venrid figures things could be more interesting to follow the two before him and get some action in on the side instead of hitting the pubs like usual. His hand while on the trip over had returned feeling, but was still a length away from being functional and could use some flexing too.

Plus, they were smugglers more or less and were going to attack a ring so knew the trade. Even if they couldn't, or fully wouldn't, answer his questions he could likely find answers in the ensuing chaos. When the world falls apart around you, people tend to open up a little, he knew.

"Name's Venrid" He finally admitted to Misha. "Tell yah what Orc, I'm sorta interested in this, mostly for reasons of my own. When's it happening?"

"Oh Venrid?" Puffing on her pipe the White haired woman eyes him over briefly, before laughing. "I'll Remember that, as to the mission.."

"ITZ NOW UUMIE! ERE WE GO TO INFEENITY!"

"The hell do you mean now-" Before he can finish the Orc stands up from his chair, removing his suit, underneath was scale and leather plate. Walking over to the counter, he grabs his gauntlets and War Axe. "A'l'ight Ummie, Orcs wer made fer two things, fight'n and win'n and dont'cha go Furgetin it. An yah da sowy sods killed sum of me Chickenz! REVENGE BOYZ!"

Watching the angry Orc leaving, Misha smiles a bit at Venrid's expense. "He's not as stupid as he sounds.. Well no maybe he is, but he's brilliant in battle. He also has another reason on why he's doing this, if you are moral, I suggest you leave."

""Heh, what use would I have for that, here of all places. Just don't expect me to stick around if it turns south." Topping his bottle off, Venrid chugs the rest before heading out with the woman after the orc. ""Thanks for the booze old man."

As the pair head out through the city, Orksen wastes little time, running through some back streets, then scaling along rooftops, making his way to the Harbor district, grabbing a bag from a window seal, it seemed he had been planning this for some time.

"Listen ere Ummie, I'mma go in from da roof topz all sneaky sneak like. While ya go in from da back, see em two gitz down there, yah Slot'em get rid'o em.Then yah kome N'side Iz got a plan for da otha boyz, so just follah da screams an find me, you get sum pay and offz yah goes."

Agreeing to the Green Skin's demands, Venrid makes use of his bow to kill the pair of sentries, venturing inside the warehouse, what he seen next was a shock. Not because of the bodies, or the slaves, nor the Orcs savagery, but the fact the Green Skin seemed to be purposely picking his targets based on personal reasoning, in this case a guardsman who took one liberty too many with a rather young looking slave, though the fact most of the slaves were human did bother him, the other races held in chains not so much.

"Oy Uumie! I'm Gonna axe you sum Kwestins! NOW SIT DOWN IN DAT CHAR! KWESTIN ONE Wut am I gonna cut next!!"Hobbling over, the man's pants were below his waist, a young looking slave curled up in the darkness seemed to be weeping as an older one grabs her, trying to comfort her as the Orc cuts the table he had been borrowing in half with one swing. Eyeing the man, he only stammers a reply of w-what, before the Orc laughs bringing his axe high. "YOU UMMIE! GAHAHAHA!" Splitting the slaver like the table before, Orksen throws his bag on the floor as the guardsmen rally above.

"Oi! You lot, Fite an die as freemen! Salva's don't giv'a shiet about you, if they gonna break yah let it be yer bodies! Yah don't wanna fight yah can stay in yer Rat cages!" With a mighty blow of his axe, Gorgutz starts to sever chains pointing at the pile of knives, it seemed the Orc wasn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart, so much as despising weakness and timid nature, while a few stay huddled in their cages or refuse to fight, the majority were more than happy to take up daggers as the first of the guardsmen come down from the waiting room above.

"GET EM BOYZ! Then ead fer Bay twelve, gotz a white hair Ummie and sum Kingdom Boyz ta bring yah out! But only if yer gonna fight for it!" Watching the melee break out, Gorgutz laughs evilly with a twinkle to his eye as the slaughter begins, lending a hand time to time, he looks pointedly at Venrid, extending his right index finger.

"Oi! Ummie VENRID!! Catch'an Get Lost!" Throwing a satchel of coins from a dead guard, it seemed the Orc was true to his word at least. "An'bout Yer Kwestins, dat Armoahed Bitch is closa than yah finks, yah afta ere I'll be see'n yah again and real soon! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

With a shrill battle cry the orc vanishes into the Mob of combat, his laughter crying out through the halls. Whatever Gorgutz had meant by that would have to wait for an answer, meanwhile elsewhere the panicked guardsmen break and flee, the Boss had to know about this at once..and about the heavily armed man they were sure was helping the Orc.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
3CMBSlE.jpg

oQceU7S.jpg

Collab w/ @RedArmyShogun

Before the Cabal Meeting

Following a deadpan look at Agatha renting out an Inn, on the cheap nonetheless, Sorina was less than pleased having to share another room with Voyd. More so when the following the small meeting the group had, Agatha had consented in allowing the crew members to do as they wished for the day in an attempt to stir up trouble and gain information on the traitor, Shinobu and the Princess. Overall this plan seemed reckless all because Agatha wanted to save a handful of coins and not buy the information out of hand.

Donning her Armor and grabbing her Lance, she didn't much like Voyd's idea of going out and punching mercs till he got some answers, but at least she would have someone to kill, more likely than not, this Scarlet Thorn needed it's first baptism in blood in any case.

As the pair walk about the city streets, there was an irony to it when the one being guarded looked more the part of body guard, as her armor clanks and clangs with each step. Arriving back at the bar from yesterday the Barkeep looks warily at Voyd and Blood Devil, wiping a glass, it seemed a rather large group of mercenaries were seated about the bar, laughing and drinking, holding up coin, with more than one having a wench seated on his lap. What women were in the group seemed content to play with throwing knives on a nearby dart board.

-----------------------

Voyd, for his part, was eager to prove himself as a worthy addition to the crew of the Lughanta. After being briefed on what has happened to the crew thus far, and what their goal in Somnus is, he had revealed encountering a bunch of mercenaries talking about a big score they hand landed recently and how handsome the pay had been. At the time, he did not suspect them of anything unusual. It was natural for the folks in the wretched city to try and one up the other by boasting of their huge profits and rewards they'd gain from the various missions they undertake. Reputation is the key the would make or break you in Somnus, and your reputation entirely depends on two things: 1.) the florin in your pockets and 2.) how much favor you have with the Cabal.

The leads the crew had at the moment were limited at best. It seems the only information they managed to extract of the prisoners they managed to secure from the traitor's crew had led them to the Underground City of Debauchery to look for the prisoners' employer. In spite of that, they seemed to be missing one vital piece of information… that is, they didn't exactly know where to look and who to look for. They could spend months scouring the place for clues in vain, a testament to just how vast the expanse the underground city covers.

Realizing this fact, and at the same time complying to one of the guidelines set up by the Somnus guards, the captain rents out an inn for handpicked members of the crew which she deemed essential for this mission. Though that said, it seemed like Agatha was also pinching her pennies as she seemed hesitant to rent out the inn in the first place, prompting to place pair the rest of her crew and make them share a room each while she enjoys the comfort of staying in a solo room.

Perhaps one of the amusing outcomes of this situation was being paired to sleep in the same room as Sorina yet again just like their arrangement back on the ship. She was visibly displeased about this outcome but is powerless to do anything to change it.

Due to his various dealings with the denizens of this underground city in the past, he had already made several noteworthy contacts in Somnus. That's right, noteworthy, not trustworthy. In a city where money is power, one's trust could shift depending on how much florin are in your pockets.

One of his contacts pointed him at the direction of the bar he was in yesterday. Despite causing a bar fight, Voyd knew the owner well enough to be forgiven but even the kind barkeep's patience would certainly have its limits. Ordering high quality wine for Sorina, and a common variety of ale for himself, the two pretend to make casual small talk while simultaneously eyeing the place for the people that matched the description of the mercs Voyd saw the other day. They should be looking for a Racoon-youkai wearing an eyepatch on his right eye and a Lizardman with a prosthetic leg.

"And ssssoooo, me and Ratchet ovvverrr here jusssst made the biggessssst ssscore of our livessss. Who knew a kidnapping a girrrrl would be worth that much? The bessssst part here issss we didn't even have to do anything, ain't that right, Ratchet?" a lizardman spoke loudly from a table only a couple of feet away from theirs.

Upon looking at the source of the voice, Sorina and Voyd would notice the table occupied with the Racoon Youkai and Lizardman matching the description along with an assortment of female "escorts" that were doing their best to entertain the half-drunk mercs while deftly snatching every bit of coin they could get their hands on.

The pair would stand up and simultaneously walk over to the mercs' table while the racoon-youkai was fortifying their story to the half-interested ladies.

"Yeah, bro. Who knew telling that those fools to do all the dirty work would give us this much profit?! Too bad we didn't get to have a little fun with her, heh blonde frail human, reminds me of tha-"

Before the Lizardman could reply, a foot was placed on top of the table while a red blade was pressed precariously against the Lizardman's neck.

"Buddies! Mind if we have ourselves a little chat? I couldn't help but overhear your conversation from over there. Probably because you've been shouting it to High Celestia ever since we came here but that doesn't matter. See, me and my…" Voyd looks warily in Sorina's direction and notices that she isn't in the mood for his antics decides to mince his words carefully. "... companion here are terribly interested in your lil story there. Well, go on! Don't be shy! We would appreciate it if you could enlighten us about your very promising job." The harbinger said enthusiastically whilst giving them a whimsical smile.

Shaken by the sudden development, the Racoon-youkai tried to brandish a knife and stab at Voyd unnoticed but was stopped midway when he felt sharp pain shoot throughout his body, leading him to drop the knife he had already raised in midair, clanging loudly as it hit the top of the table. In a fit of panic, he tried to see the source of the pain only to see a pitchfork of pure black impaling his tail against the floor.

"Now, now. We won't be needing these props or any surprises and twists you have in store for us. We just want to know more about this job you were talking about."

~~~

For her Part Sorina looks on with a tired growl, the Bodyguard wasn't all that good at twisting the screws so to speak, she would have just stabbed one and smacked another a few times. Rolling her eyes, the Youkai yelps, grabbing his tail, as the heavier man makes to lift the winch, going for a crossbow on his belt. Getting a lance pulled to his neck for his trouble, Sorina draws a slow trickle of blood, the man lifting his hands into the sky, as the other mercs go for weapons, the throwing knife women of note keep an eye on the pair.

"I would suggest you rethink your position.." She spits acidly.

"Ah! My Tail! You shit!.." Dropping the knife, the Racoon Youkai rolls his eyes sighing. "..The fuck you drawing on someone for that.. We've been hired by one of the bosses to keep an eye on the dealings of the Local Nutters..you've made a big mistake here Infernals.."

Sorina for her part shoots the male another glare, turning her case to watch the others in kind. "Well, do explain, bandit looking trash."

"Feh, haughty as that bitch in the white armor.." Says the larger man, causing Sorina's attention to be focused on him again, pressing the lancehead in close.

"Speak or I'll bleed your friend here and now, among some of the rest." Not needing her blood to make the lance, she was able to make an assortment of blood projectiles, held in place above and in front of the grouping all around her.

"Er..Missy yer bringing in others and yer fri-"

"Shut up! My Opinion is the Correct one! And he can bleed like the rest!" Making her point Sorina fires off a spread with reckless abandon, fortunately or skilfully missing everyone in the room. "Tell me about the Girl you took and the woman in white! NOW!"

The Racoon for his bit shrugs, placing up his hands. "It was just a job, snatching a girl for Biggus. He has special tastes. We ran into another that looked a bit like her carried by Orksen, big Green Skin sonovabitch and this snooty bitch in White Armor, Raven Black Hair, mean face."

"And where did they go. I grow tired of holding this blade, it may just slip."

"E-eh?! Fuck sake's woman! W-we seen them at the Docks, they were heading for Cultist controlled lower quarters, the bitch kicked one of us in the balls, and they wouldn't take any talk of us buying the little blonde as a second gift to the Boss! I swear on my mums life! It's the truth!"

Gazing into the man's eyes, Sorina motions for the door.

"Voyd, while you may have been sent here to help me, I am Senior to you and a soldier as well.. Not a little girl, I have been on this ship for months a year nearly..please advise me on what you are doing."

After chastising him slightly, she gazes around at the angry beehive, backing out slowly, with her lance and projectiles aimed at the gathering, she steps backwards, step by step. "Any of you step out behind us, I'll kill you myself."

~~~

Slightly annoyed with Sorina's antics, he hadn't meant it that way, but it was only natural the Aristocrat would want to be in charge. Though he may have to rethink his view of her, she was always eager for blood in training, but now she readily just spilled it, just how much has she changed on this crew? Just what warranted their parents setting this up, she wasn't helpless.

"Alright little Princess. Let's go back to the Inn. I think we should move a little faster, but just how much combat have you seen? You would think they would keep a noble off the front lines." Gripping his Katana on the way out, it didn't seem the group was going to follow them just yet, but judging from the stares this wasn't the last they would see of them.

For her part Sorina seems to have nothing at all to say.

• Nice Execution!
rDhHdjX.jpg

WyrK2dA.png

Collab with Emp-Red~~~​

As the grouping walked, the young swordsman seemed to hold her pace, walking alongside her, closely and to the left. While truthly she didn't care, nor mind his stare, his constant moving of his jaw, as if looking for words to say was more than a little off putting. While her looks might have been part of it, she rather doubt he was being so awkward for that alone. While he looked rather gloomy, she had seen enough bad men to know he was a good one, a troubled one, but not one that was about to try raping Amilia or making a bad pickup line.

"If you have something to say speak, or you'll bite your tongue accidently. I don't mind conversation you know.. Though I prefer books much more."

~~~

Somewhat off put by the woman's sudden comment, the wizard's brow furrowed in aggravation and uncertainty. He already knew of the way the city worked, though he certainly didn't agree with or favor it. It wasn't much better than Brendorn. Barbarous and cruel, all so a certain few may benefit. A few years ago, such sights would have made him glad to be in service of Fraulia, but alas he learned later that no country or nation is without its sins.

"...It is simply… You seem to demand a certain amount of respect, yet your apparel would show you to be…" Attempting to choose his words carefully, Rurik wasn't crass enough to blurt out that her standing and behavior contradicted that of what he would picture befitting a slave. "It simply does not fit… Though I would be deceitful were I to claim that this city or those like it make sense to me."

~~~

"Hmm, I see, you must be from the Kingdom then, a lot of the people from your region come to outright hate this city." Pondering what to say, there was little point in her lying or spinning some fanciful tale. "It's simple really, I used to be a junior member of the Cabal, I killed many people, but even I had some standards of morals. My clan leader was a very repulsive man, an obese man that ate his morals with his food. I had enough and so I tried to remove him."

Flexing her magitek arm up, Amilia smirks warily. "As you can see I'm not all the woman I used to be. It's only thanks to the other members of the Cabal that I only lost this… In part to thank me for service and in part that I would be an example, well.. I'm not dressed like a slave as I enjoy the fashion. It could be worse, the fat bastard originally wanted to use me for other things. It's the nature of this city Kingdom Boy. It chews up good people and spits them out, no good deed goes unpunished… Well at least I don't have to kill anymore and Boss… Well one of the Drow Bosses is nice enough to give me books. That good enough?"

~~~

Sighing, it seemed as though his behavior was a dead giveaway as to where he heiled from. What was more concerning was the woman's story, but he feared hers wasn't as uncommon as he wished. It was infuriating, but it wasn't as if there was much he could do against a city like this. Even if he still held weight in his own home, enough to push for action, the Empire still held the attention of the nation and for good reason.

"...I'm sorry for prodding you to explain something unpleasant…" In some ways, she was similar to himself, only that his story had yet to progress to such an unfortunate point. Still, while there were more worrisome events that required attention, it still irked him that change would not come to this damnable city for some time, if ever. At least Fraulia attempted to disguise its atrocities, whereas this place seemed to adorn them like trophies. Utterly sickening.

"A city of sin… Brendorn views its actions as just, Fraulia endeavors to conceal its own yet here… Tis as if no one cares for the titles of right or wrong, so long as they may live ignorant and comfortable." Were Rurik to have his way, the oligarchy controlling it would be purged indiscriminately. Unfortunately, he possessed neither the time, opportunity nor the resources. Still, he knew that those who pursued such lives of comfort based upon the suffering of others made many enemies. Regardless of when they would pass or how, it will not be how they wish, nor when.

"Though your occupation is rather surprising as well… I wouldn't have taken you for a cutthroat."

~~~

"It's fine, you had nothing to do with it, nor did you take my arm. I'm content with not needing to kill now, plus I have more books to read. I only wish I had not failed."

Listening to his views and complaints, the messenger smiles thinly, Amilia turns her attention to the city around her with a shrug. "All that are here are refugees, slaves, the unwanted, the Kingdom nor the Imperials or the proper Elves to the South do not care. We have limited resources and if not for the glow of the cave stones most of us would not have seen light, nevermind the sun.It would take a firm hand and much investment to fix this city. And no one does care till it bothers them. Somnus has plenty of Ore deposits that could provide good work for the city, but the Drow aren't exactly known for being miners. Even I had to survive with what I was raised to do."

Smiling lightly at his second remark, her smile vanishes, though her attitude remains unchanged. "Oh? Well I was a cutthroat as you put it. Doesn't mean a girl shouldn't learn more or learn a few manners along the way, but just what about me would surprise you with that?"

~~~

"No one else may care, but those within the city do. Eventually their sins will catch up with them… as they do to all of us." Then again, the death of those in power wouldn't ensure the city fixed, simply change of faces in the thrones. Frowning, such a subject also brought about the wonder of when his own would reach him. She lost an arm, just what would he come to lose for his own misdeeds?

Moving onto the subject of her appearance, Rurik seemed to struggle to find words. While typically well spoken it appeared as though certain topics remained caught in his throat. "Well… most do not care for anything that does not make use of a blade. That and... you are…" Pausing for a moment, there wasn't really a way to say what he meant without—well, saying exactly what he meant. "...Well… you are rather attractive… is what I imply… I would not assume someone with your appearance to work as you did."

~~~

"Oh? Maybe that was why I was so good at it then. Thank you however, no one has said that to me before and seemed to sincerely meant that. Though always be mindful to not judge a book by it's cover, least some little girl that's actually an evil monster may kill you someday."

Reaching over to give him a pat on the back, she has her typical blank expression to her face. "Anyways, thanks, you're a better man than most. This city has none like you, so focus on your friends, wouldn't mind knowing more about you I think, but we'll be at the meeting soon. Please behave in the meeting, you'll see much more to upset you I'm sure...hmm you must be in shape under that armor judging by your posture...interesting most armored knights I've seen are more pompous room decorations than actually effective.."

For her part Sorina scoffs at the interplay, expecting the new guy was just an idiot of some sort, though she didn't particularly like this cow.

~~~

"Ah… Of course… I was just stating my opinion." Turning away slightly while scratching his cheek, it was obvious Rurik was less familiar with such interactions. Though with the woman's warning, he couldn't help but glance over at the team's own Blood Devil. It wasn't so much out of disrespect or ire, but simply of him knowing of the race. Apparently she was a noble of some sort, but a Blood Devil was still likely to turn into a raging behemoth and tear into enemy lines, regardless of their standing. The evil part, however, he would have to wait and see.

Feeling a touch on his back, his focus was once more garnered by her. "Ah… thank you…" He wasn't quite sure how to take compliments. Typically he was the type of man to do his duty and what was expected, compliments or words of gratitude weren't really necessary for him. As such it was likely to be expected when some of the woman's hints went over his head. "I will treat others with the same respect I am showed, excluding of course my superiors… With that said, I am not expecting to receive much respect or courtesy." Thinking on that, Rurik honestly felt bad for the woman being stuck like this. Despite previous wrongdoings committed, it wasn't as if she chose this life for herself. Likely it was the best of her options. "Regardless, I will do nothing to embarrass my station… Huh? Well… yes, likely you would not have come across many true knights here, but most are required to be in pique condition. Break morale with your appearance, break armor with your blade." Once again, the woman's passes soared far about the knight's head, garnering a scoff from the Blood Devil. Even if she sought to make her hints less subtle, they had all but arrived at their destination, and the oligarchy did absolutely nothing to fail Rurik's expectations.

Arrogance and gluttony filled the room. They sat far above the floor, an undoubtedly purposeful design choice so as to match their ego. Archers and guards perched farther above so to match the cowardice in their hearts and the weakness of their bodies. A translator, for the sole purpose of relaying the fact that those who entered were unworthy of speaking to such greatness. Pitiful. Rurik for the moment remained silent at the sides of his comrades, albeit with a scowl. He would allow his Captain to speak for them, as was her right and would do nothing rash. There was a small part of him that mentally urged his betters to give some order, some excuse to escalate to violence. But alas, he highly doubted that these talks would be so enjoyable.

Taka marveled in the organized chaos of the docks. To be honest, it reminded him somewhat of home, the workers hustling through the crowd, occasionally throwing an elbow to clear a path. Frankly they were like the youkai workers back home. Guess dock workers were the same regardless of where you went. However, that being said, it was far more crowded. The docks back home only allowed a select amount of merchants come in, those that they trusted mostly with the occasional new face, chosen in good faith. This meant that the docks of Harukayama were desolate compared to those of Venesia. Aside from that, the differences were few.

They then made their way into the city itself. And the path they took lead them directly into what he could assume was the market district. He planned on just walking right through, certain that nothing would catch his interest. However, an older gentleman called out to him. Looking over at the wooden stall, he was surprised at what he saw. Erchius crystals, a fair amount of them, and machinery he had never seen before. He was entranced by the display, and left the group to get a closer look at it.

"Buras, my monocle." he said to his owl, who had the look of a butler resigned to do meaningless tasks that his master could just as easy do himself, and reached with a taloned foot into Taka's breast pocket to fish out the monocle. After he was handed the monocle, Taka quickly picked up a crystal and began to inspect it. After a brief minute, he put the crystal down much more slowly than when he had picked it up. "If all of those crystals are like this one, it'd be more profitable to sell them as dust. There were many faults in this one that no one in their right mind would buy." But he quickly moved on from the poor quality erchius crystals to one of the contraptions. "What is this?" He inquired.

"It is an automatic mortar and pestle," the man said, having been a bit deflated from being told his product was of poor quality. But he had a chance to redeem himself. "All it takes is a small amount of fuel, and it can grind up anything you put in it. I should know, nearly lost a finger or two to it."

Oh, a powered mortar and pestle. He could use one of those. Having to constantly grind ingredients made his arms tired quickly. And if what the man said was true, he could perform even more experiments with the new materials he could acquire from what the machine ground up. "How much for it." he asked.

"Six silver Florins." was the straight faced answer.

Taka was surprised at the price, but with no knowledge on what it was really worth all he could do was take the man's word for it. "Highway robbery." he muttered as he fished out the six silver Florins. The transaction completed, he now had to carry the contraption with him until they returned to the ship. So he regrettably had to meet the Doge with his arms full. What a sight he made, practically waddling into the grand hall, weighed down by the machine that got heavier with each step. But he managed to keep his facade calm, and the red in his face to a minimum. Luckily they were told to take a seat, and Taka did so gratefully, all but dropping the machine onto the table. However, there was an air of sophistication around him, his merchant and upper class upbringing shining through in this meeting.

The trip through Venesia was not much different from how it usually was. Crowded, busy, and loud. Saki wasn't one to shy away from attention, and seemed to actually preen or otherwise pose or show off subtly for the onlookers as she felt particularly many eyes on her. Why shouldn't she? She is a truly majestic being.

The trip to the Doge's palace was still far too long and roundabout, with a few stops along the way. "Remind me to just fly next time," she said to the others once they finally arrived. The palace itself dew a lot of her attention, as she carefully eyed most of the furnishings and other shows of wealth. She knew better than to steal from an employer, though bald-faced appreciation was still fair game in her eyes.

The group was finally seated at the throne room, and the Doge, through a younger official, questioned them on why they had arrived a little differently than intended. Saki was the first to speak up. "Well, putting it simply, things didn't go according to plan, and as a result, we're forced to limp back here to report our failure." She paused briefly, taking in the looks of surprise on all present. "Or, should I say, out betrayal. We successfully escaped with the Princess, though she seemed to have planned the entire thing, from her point of view. Hell, she even helped us get away with her, which was pretty cool. Bad news is, then we got betrayed, the Lughanta suffering some severe damage from sabotage in the process. The traitor then left with the Princess in tow, and met up with a small airship. I know this, as I was part of the pursuit team."

"Sadly, three people can't stop an airship, particularly when it leaves people behind as a distraction. The rest, we know from our prisoners, one of whom we've brought along with us." She gestured to the woman in chains. "The airship, from what we gather, was bound for Somnus. Whoever there wanted Princess Olivia wanted her alive, so while we'd need to kidnap her again, there is opportunity, for now. I believe Lady Agatha made her way to Somnus, to gather more information on just what the fuck is going on."

Almost as an afterthought, Saki added, "We did at least get some reason for why Olivia arranged her own kidnapping, and it's some pretty serious shit. Something about void weapons capable of destroying the world or something? Someone else can probably give you better details."

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
"Mini" Collab/mini GM post with various.

WyrK2dA.png

Waiting for their answer, Agatha steps forward, more or less telling the reason the crew was there, though omitting the fact it was a Princess, but rather just a person of note. Asking for their information or aid in searching the city, the larger figure of the Eight Cabal Leaders makes motions in the shadow showing that he was clearly speaking, as others join in on the tirade of conversations, Amilia provides a steady translation, or rather an abridge of the conversation.

"You Lie to us, or at least use half truths, we know full well the Golden Bi-- Princess of the Empire is here. It is she whom you and yours seek. We shall Deliberate."

As a few moments pass, a show of hands from eight figures seated around and above them could be seen. As Amilia counts them up, she clears her throat as more voices come across her communications set, the will of others being carried out through her voice.

"By Decision of Six to Eight, we agree to aid you, however we have terms we would have you abide. First your Commanding Officer or your Executive Officer, if not both must return to the Lughanta or remain within one hundred feet of the ship on the Docks. This we shall allow you two deliberate.

Two, we shall have you remove a rather troublesome Orc, one of your Crew helped him free the property of a Chairman, so his dealings are your fault as well. Gorgutz Orksen must be removed. We do not care how, but you shall get him out of this city."

"Three the locals who are assisting your traitor, we would have you strike at them, crush their leadership I...er Amilia shall tell you more of this group as you make way, they have been equally troublesome to our rule of the city. What say you? Of course you'll be able to take your Princess and Traitor, then you shall of course, leave. We wish for no Imperial entanglements."

Agatha listens to the demands and arcs a brow, holding a hand up. "Er, Leaders of the Cabal, while I have no problems with this, you are pretty much asking us to do your dirty work.. For no Pay, and you made no mention of what happens if we fail. While we might have to deal with some of these problems, we could just steal the Princess back and get out of here, what's in it for us?"

"Do not forget yourself Captain. You are a guest in our home seeking not work, but Revenge. We allow you to be here and we can remove you, politics are at play in our moves against The Word of Kharlan. None the less there is some merit to your insinuation. The Cabal shall listen of each of you a Boon, if they are deemed worthy and possible, then we shall Grant them, and answer questions you may have. For the duration of this Alliance Amilia shall work with you as our eyes, ears and voice... We shall not tolerate her being armed however. As to failure, why Captain, your crew that remains will be enslaved and we'll chase your ship from our Shadow Port, for all time."

"The Cabal agrees to this arrangement by a vote of seven to one, while all requests may be addressed not all can be carried out. Do think Carefully on what you say.. We are magnanimous and wise but have our limits"

Rolling her eyes at the last bit with a sight tilt of her head, judging by subtle movements in the shadows, the older man who owned the Slaves seemed to be the one saying the last, of note the one known as Biggus seemed to have zero intention of supporting them, being a vote of no every single time.

~~~~

3bh4SUp.jpg

"Oh, yes, yes, I have a question," a certain golden-haired vampire spoke up, undaunted by the council's threat. "I believe we're already acquainted," she nods at the Cabal, before presenting her... decidedly non-reassuring question (at least for her comrades.)

"Can I reserve the girls for purchase if they fail?"

~~~

rDhHdjX.jpg

Irritating. Oh so irritating. The arrogance of those so unworthy of the power they held was utterly sickening. As a knight, Rurik was far used to taking orders with little thought or appease nobility, but typically those he dealt with he was led to believe deserved the respect and unquestioning loyalty he gave them. These scum and sinners? Simply a gathering of slavers and cutthroats with an entitled epithet. Still, he was forced to hold his tongue—to an extent.

"If you are granting requests, then I would care for something worthy of my time. I have already signed my loyalty over towards my Captain, and as such plan to fulfill my duties to her and the company as is expected of me... However, if you demand further services unrelating to Captain Agatha's wishes, then I too request payment worthy of my stature." Rurik spoke up in a voice of stern confidence, obviously unintimidated and versed in speech. "I am a knight of the Divine Kingdom with experience and skill under my belt with a blade. Were that not enough, I am as well a spell-caster, one holding a natural affinity towards magic. As such, simple allowance of my present simply does not match the services which you demand nor the skills I bring with me."

Pausing a moment, Rurik glanced over toward their speaker. The woman lost her arm and freedom when she failed to dethrone one of the scum that sat above. More than that, she seemed to represent something. She wasn't just a simple slave, but a warning for others and a trophy for themselves, which is why he felt it necessary to explain exactly what he was capable of, less they outright decline his request.

"Therefore... I request a reward befitting someone of my caliber, and ask that you relinquish your speaker to me." To his company, Rurik's request would likely be surprising. Certainly he was completely against the ways of slavery. His reasons primarily were two-fold. First, he was aware that it was impossible to save or spare every victim he came across, but he would not hesitate to help those who can be helped. If it is in his ability to do so, he would easily free every slave from this structure and burn it to the ground with the rulers and their greed still trapped within. Unfortunately, such action was out of his grasp, yet saving one was better than none. Second, he did so precisely because it was all he could do. Though trivial and mostly insignificant, he was still spiting them in some, small way.

~~~

3CMBSlE.jpg

Voyd was silent for almost the entire part of the exchange, more interested whether or not the multitude of guards stationed all over the place would show signs of aggression towards their party. His role didn't lie on talking his way through the members of the Cabal as he was in no leadership position to do so. Rather, he would let his dear Captain Agatha talk her way through this exchange while he would ensure the group's protection throughout the proceedings.

Still, the Harbinger found himself face to face with an opportunity he couldn't very well ignore when the Cabal presented them a chance to request anything of them, within reason.

Stepping forward after the first few members of the crew had issued their request, Voyd bows slightly before addressing the Cabal.

"My request isn't anything too hard or unreasonable. In fact it's pretty simple actually. I doubt it would cost you much in any way or form whatsoever."

After a brief pause, he looks intently at the members of the Cabal, fire in his eyes, and a smug expression on his face

"The 5 Great swords. I desire to find out the location of the other 4, particularly the one of flames, the one of light, the one of wind, and the one of earth. Don't bother telling me of the one of darkness. I pretty much already have an inkling where it is."

Despite the fairly long amount of time he had spent roaming Bumi, Voyd still did not forget the promise he made with his father. One way or another, he was still determined to bring home another of these renowned swords back to his father.

~~~

fD0T8YH.jpg

*Whistle*

"How noble." ... "Ya got yerself a real shining knight there Amilia." ... "Suppose we needed a new divine idiot to replace the last, huh Agatha? They seem to be a dime a dozen them." ... "About right for attack dogs. By the looks of em he's been rightly trained too. Already froth at the mouth with the first sight of sacrilege. If yah think you can take em on why wait? Just cut em down like the blood thirsty mongrel yah are and show em how alike yah can be." ... Go on boy! Yip Yip." ... ... ...

"No huh? Well, not like we all don't know how that'd turn out. Just like yer request, it won't happen."

His words ruthless, but keen and telling. Venrid wasn't simply voicing his opinion nor venting frustration. No, he was taking advantage of the situation to gain favor, what little he could, with the Cabals. The Divine Knight should have known better than to talk so boldly with his arrogant prideful tone. His contempt was written all over his face and in the manner of his speech, to where only a fool wouldn't recognize it. The Cabal's no doubt would knock him down a peg for it if not outright refuse his petty request. But if Venrid could do that for them, play to their egos, and lighten his trespassing. Then he'd be able to walk off with more than just his hide.

"Here, I got a proposition for you." ... "Forget about the slaves. They won't be hard to catch. I know where they're headed and I'm the best damn tracker in Somnus, aside for the Beastmen. I catch at least ten times the slaves I let go. Easy money if you're good at it." ... "The traitor and her friends, I'll kill for free. Got a vendetta to settle with the bitch and don't see no reason to stop at her." ... "The mad Orc, I can make it so an arrow finds him before I do." ... "In exchange, I want two things."

Smirking and breaking his stoic expression, to those who knew him, Venrid had something more than personal gain in mind with his next two requests.

"Magitek. None of the cheap shit neither. Raven's magitek. If yah don't got none then gold works." "Also, we ain't going to be no slaves. "

Venrid knew the slaves didn't matter. It was disrespect more than anything that had earned him the ire of the chairman above who no doubt stared down with masked contempt. But, forgiveness was not his true aim. Instead, he was after foolishness, and the manner of his proposition as a whole. He knew he was a lowly mercenary, one with a personal grudge and who knew the lay of the land. But he was also a citizen of Somnus and so would obediently take dirty work in exchange for a few rag tag pieces of equipment. This was more than could be said about the Lughanta Crew and played toward his advantage.

~~~

oQceU7S.jpg

"Oh I have a request.."
The blood evil says, glaring at her counterparts she found some of these requests to be troublesome, but equally so she hated these criminal scum, baring no noble birth, slavers, degenerates and filth. While the pirates had angered her, these people were the taskmasters and enablers of such. Lower than dirt like pirates, they were the worms beneath the soil, fit for nothing else than slaughter.

"If we should fail, as soon as you attempt chaining a scion of House Caramitru I will slaughter anyone you send upon the tip of this Scarlet Lance. And some of you in this room, dare not forget the result of a betrayal. A Caramitru never forgets, nor forgives. So my request is to be forgiven for the mound of corpses I shall leave behind of any whom dare touch me."

With her not so veiled threat, the Archers draw, as Sorina hisses, summoning some of her blood projectiles staring up at them with snarled razor fangs. "I would rethink your actions. Carefully, and do not think of taking the male next to me to your cages either, as my servant his fate is for me to decide.. The rest you may do as you like."

WyrK2dA.png

Some of these request were reasonable, some were testing the patience of any sane man and others were shocking.

"w-what.. Umm... Please.. bare with us..."

Her own request of being taken was a shocker, but the audacity of the Vampire, matched in turn by the Knight and finally this Blood Devil, she was fairly concerned as an icy silence, punctured by an explosive jolt of loud conversation fills the upper levels, before finally calming down. Putting the magitek device to her ear Amilia speaks up. Interestingly two of those present had no requests at all, none of them asked for information on the mission at hand and one of them was against one of his own.

"With mixed consensus, we have to say, given the personalities of some here, services may be requested, or Ransom given to your Families and Estates in place of Slavery.

To the Lady of the Vineyard some of us did not notice who you were.. Considering our prior and longstanding commitments, we shall request of you the funds needed for a high class slave. In addition, though the Blood Devil would be struck dead for her insolence, we of the Cabal shall forgive her tongue in light of her Family's Importance. On the event of capture we will request if her claims be proven true, she remains with us for a negotiated settlement with her family as a guest of the Cabal with her Servant, of course in accordance with Treaty norms on the Children of Dignitaries.. Of those present that means the only woman you may take is the Drow. Given her beauty we would treat her as a high class purchase with a small discount for you, to be coupled with the purchase of your own Freedom."

Next turning her attention towards Rurik, the girl winces slightly but keeps a calm composure as she awaits her next spoken task.

"The council is hung on what to do with Amilia. Some of us wish to keep her as so, to m.. Murder her for your impudence as a lesson, a few of us are willing to approve the transfer of ownership, provided she is exiled from our city, permanently. If such happens she will be forbidden from taking anything other than what is on her person from the City... Given this, the results shall be pending, do your job as well as your mouth Ser Brave Knight and the Cabal shall hand over the traitorous snake to be your own pet. Boss Biggus shall meet with you personally upon the docks with our final decision.. As of now it favors Four for letting her go, two for killing and two for remain. Though if..."

Pausing a bit, she really did not last the next bit, turning her gaze upwards and behind. "...if you ware wanting something to bed and to bare your children we have many other women for sale whom have all of their limbs attached."

Moving on was the fellow with all the weapons. "Ah, Venrid, you some of us know of, you were a famed Mercenary and Bounty Hunter in this city, who's moral qualms never came up in question. Well enough at his job. Though you are mistaken. One you were doing this job in any case, no? As you said it's a personal vendetta. And we care not who or how Orksen leaves this city, be it lance or bow, be it he running away with his tusks between his legs. Nor do we care about the run away slaves. They killed some off ours, we would have them sooner killed than brought back, people with steel in hand are more difficult to bend the knee than the price they are worth... So more and more your offer is empty."

Pausing for a bit, the older man holds up his hand, speaking as Amilia relays his instructions. "I personally rest assured of one who knows this city so well and of how to speak to his betters. Your slavery request is denied in part. We will Exempt the three named beforehand, but you we shall wish to contract to our cause alone. As to your Magitek request, I may have a piece suitable in my vaults, though that will depend on some factors. I boss Lorenzo shall meet with you at a later time to... discuss the issue."

Wishing she had a bit of water, at least she was at the final request that was not a death threat at any rate. "So the pet of the Blood Devil speaks.. We are afraid such matters are beyond us, only one of our number has some idea. A renowned Legendary Swordsman of the Imperial Army has the blade connected to light. And while it may just be her power, it is possible the Great Sword the Leader of Kharlan carries with her may be the blade of flame. Legendary weapons tend to be in the hands of Legendary Warriors, none too eager to part with them for Coin and all too troublesome to kill."

With that the eight rise to their feet, parting ways into the darkness. "..We expect this task done quickly as possible, Lady Charlotte your Vampires found part of your answer, but came to us first after some persuasion. This meeting is adjourned."

Exhaling as the group leave followed by the archers, Amilia shakes her head. "Some of you are crazy... Anyways, we need to leave here. Now." Shaking her head, the messenger stares briefly at Rurik, wondering just what he was planning, or if his crazy plot would even hold. But more pressing business was on hand. "I think we should simply go to the location we've confirmed them to be at then launch an assault.. Given I'm forbidden weapons I'll just provide communications and observation for you all. I can't just be useless.. Anyways I highly recommend against fighting the whole cult. That Princess of yours they've been trying to shuttle out, time is not on our side."

With that out of the way Amilia had nothing else to say, there also was no point in not attacking right yet, the longer they took, the better chance The Word of Kharlan could carry out whatever plot they had in mind. "I'll tell you more of this cult on the way and what you'll be facing."

~~~Meanwhile elsewhere~~~

In the lower wards of the city in one of the Cult's numerous strongholds, a conversation was carried out by three figures standing around a small fireplace for warmth, with a forth bound and gagged to a chair looking on with a look of rage to her eyes.

"Oi, yah know da limits to mah contract.." "But of course Warboss Orksen. You'll be paid and we'll have room for your men on our ship once it is ready, your gunship simply lacks the range we need." "Wutz eva yah say, but da trust of yah Kult boyz and yerself.." "What of me~?" "Tiz nuth'n, though Gorgutz haz a funneh feel'n wit all did, gonna have me boyz stand by all sneaky sneak like. And you owez me fer da deafs gonna send that money to their famlehs.."

Leaving the room Gorgutz shakes his head in regards to the situation, nodding for a few mercs he had waiting outside the room.

"Dis contract is Soddy..Well boyz haz to earn our pay.."

As the Orc leaves, the white haired figure turns to the black as the later speaks. "Fucking Green Skins.. Why either of you tras-"

"Speak to me in such a tone again wishful Noble and get any more bolder, I'll take your head from your shoulders~" Comes the voice in cheer reply, hand atop the large silver blade to her back. "I don't listen to you my ally and just like you, I have my own reasons for this, the death of one human matters not to me. Not a thousand, nor a million. Speak again as such and you'll soon bleed vermillion~"

For her part Shinobu, let's her hand drop to the launcher by her side. "Tch." "Just remember, there is a reason oppose rhymes with dispose, now be a good girl and stay out of my way~ Baby sit your Royal Bitch like a good fellow Royal Bitch~" Leaving from the room, whatever the Abyssal was up to was anyone's guess.

As the gagged Princess sounds something like a chuckle, Shinobu brutally backhands her. Grabbing a few locks of golden locks, Shinobu sniffs them, before ripping out a few strands by the roots.

"Oh? Where is that laugh now? Waiting on your Boyfriend to save you? It's a shame my bombs didn't kill some of them, maybe I'll leave this behind for him, as when I'm done your Highness and your use is expunged, this is all he or anyone else will have to remember you by... Well provided I don't kill him..."

With a harsh glare and mummer, Shinobu grins at the defiance, holding her hand back for another smack, Oliva turns her head downwards and to the right side.

"Oh don't worry, I'll make sure you get to watch. I might even let you keep the head."

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
hdNJYCF.jpg

QiqDGcP.jpg

GEnMHix.jpg

[During the transit to Fraulia]

Cera sat quietly as the airship traveled towards Fraulia, her eyes gazing at the cage in front of her. Inside the cage is the crow Youkai, one of the two prisoners that the Lughanta managed to capture when the crew attempted to save Princess Olivia. She heard tales about the prisoner, namely that her other sibling was killed which lead to her surrender. The other was that she was hired from Somnus.

From time to time, their eyes met. However, the prisoner immediately looked away, intended to avoid the half-Infernal's fearful gaze. The crow youkai was firmly restrained, as there were chains and cuffs on her hands and legs. Her wings were restrained as well. Cera expected the flight to Fraulia to be uneventful, a silent one even.

But a thought came and nagged her. Should she even consider revisiting, or even attempt to resolve the incident that ruined her years ago? Cera frowned and looked down as she pondered about the idea.

Then again, it does not hurt asking the youkai about it, right?

With a blink, the half-Infernal took a deep breath, and got up from her seat, before getting closer to the cage.

"Don't you worry about Fraulia." She began her efforts to start a conversation. "I heard they treat prisoners well. Better than Venesia or the Imperium."

"You have my condolences from your sister's loss." Cera said, expressionless. "That's why I don't allow my younger sister at home to follow my footsteps, let alone letting her working alongside with me. It makes things a lot harder when you have something personal on the line."

"Anyway," The half-Infernal exhaled. "I want to ask you something."

Cera gazed directly into the crow youkai's eyes.

"Considering that you were operating from Somnus, have you seen or heard of a red dragon youkai named Ruu?"

Kobato never asked for this, it was just a simple job with a simple goal. Admittedly, she should have been suspicious of the unusually high pay for escort duty. Her sister was quite iffy but she convinced her to go along and now, that greed bit her back in the ass. hard. The Youkai let out a sigh as she rested against the bars of the cage, the restraints didn't bother her, in fact, it was unnecessary considering she had no intentions to escape. If anything, she wanted the white-clad bitch who betrayed her to be found and executed.

"Yeah..." Kobato shifted idly in her cuffs, blankly staring at nothing in particular, "Let's just hope they'd believe what I say..." Then she giggled, a dry empty giggle devoid of any spirit, "Thank you but it won't bring her back... well, at least she returned to the Flow now. Maybe... I can meet her reborn self in the future... assuming I'll even live that long." A single tear fell from her eye but she held her sobs back, barely, "Hehe... ah, you see, my sister was the one who leave Harukayama, go on an adventure. However, I was the one who accepted this job so... yes, I... am to blame for her death."

She was slightly relieved when the red-eyed halfbreed decided to change the topic, enough about her sister really, no matter how much they talked about her, nothing would bring her back. "I know Ruu, well, I am aware of her but not on a personal level. One crazy dragon she is. She always liked to go solo, do things her own way." At last, Kobato's brown eyes blinked in rising curiosity, "What... don't tell me she's the one behind all this?"

Silva looked over at the cage and saw Cera interacting with the prisoner. She walked over approaching them and overheard the red dragon youkai topic."Doubt if she's the one behind all this... She doesn't strike me as the mastermind type." Silva looked over at Cera and then at the prisoner.

"Look, you'll be fine as long as you're being cooperative and honest. I used to serve Fraulia and I personally knew quite a few people we have to meet." Silva said, reassuring the prisoner of her safety and also her treatment. "Oh right, we haven't really known each other by name anyway, I'm Silvania Sloan... Yes, if you heard some tales of Fraulia's 'One Woman Rifle Brigade' I am that person, what about you?" Silva introduced herself to the prisoner to ease the tension between themselves. She listened kindly if the prisoner decided to introduce herself as well.

"Anyway, I do have a question on my own. I believe you operate around Somnus right? And that I hear you helped set the escape route after that damned girl took what's ours... Do you... lead the escape route to Somnus or... somewhere else?" There was one fact that she wants to make sure of, and that is where did Shinobu went, knowing this would help them pin down where that traitorous Harukayaman went.

The raven-haired girl chortled at Silva's vouch for her, finding a rather morbid amusement from it. "Yeah..." She giggled dryly, "I'm a 'birdbrain' after all." Another long sigh escaped her lips as she leaned on her side against the bars. "You... don't need to say that again." Wasn't it obvious enough that she's being amicable and truthful? In fact, one would be hard-pressed to find a hostage like her in any other cases.

"Ah, so you were a soldier then..." Fraulia was this morally idealistic kingdom after all, what with the Celestials' being mostly focused there, other than their home in Celestia. Still, Kobato was skeptical that it was the perfect nation it appeared to be, no one was without faults. However, definitely better than being handed over to the Somnian Cabals that's for sure. "Er... I'm Kobato, Kuroi Kobato, but why does it even matter to you?" These people didn't need her name, they wanted her confession.

"Oh... yeah, I've heard of your name before, the legendary marksman. Heh, guess you're returning home then." Kobato placed her chin on her knees, "I'm no one really, just an adventurer... and uh, yeah, back to Somnus. I don't lead, I just give the best routes, that's all. Like I said, it was supposed to be a simple job."

To put it mildly, Ádalé was having mixed feelings about their prisoner. On the one hand, the youkai was responsible for several injuries and deaths. Though she had not been with the sabotage party, she had heard the tales of the betrayal, not to mention that Laura's death still weighed on her. The knight had considered her to be a close friend. But on the other hand, the prisoner had confessed to having nothing to do with the kidnapping itself or the plan. If the youkai's words were to be believed, then she was only given a couple of orders and a hefty sum of money, so it was wrong to scrutinise her for something that she could not know. But even if Ádalé did try her best, she could not get rid of her hostility towards the youkai.

Therefore, she wanted to remain silent for most of the journey lest she say something that she really should not. The vicious feelings of petty revenge that lurked in her stomach were also likely apparent to her companions. Especially so when she chose to sit in a place that put a decent amount of distance between her, Cera and Silvania. It really was not their fault. Ádalé was the one who volunteered for the mission in the first place. Therefore, she wanted to keep the peace as much as humanly possible. It just so happened that the best way of accomplishing it was a little cold.

She honestly felt bad for it, but she did not trust herself to apologise in the presence of the crow youkai.

Of course, things quickly started moving as Cera addressed the prisoner. Ádalé found herself biting down on her tongue before she had a chance to inject an incredibly spiteful comment. In this instance, she hid it well and others probably did not notice as she counted to ten to calm down. Forcing herself to listen to the words of her enemy, then carefully considering them, the Knight drew upon all the tranquility she could muster. All were equal before the Divine One, she reminded herself. It does not matter that the youkai wronged her or was indirectly respon-

No, stop going down that route, Ádalé reminded herself. It was not productive at all. Sweeping her true feelings under a heavy rug so they would not get in her way, the knight took a moment to scrutinise Kobato as she called herself.

"I have one better question for everyone." Suddenly, her voice filled the room they were in. Soft, but firm, it definitely held an undercurrent of tension despite Ádalé's best efforts. "Why was the Somnus involved in the kidnapping of Princess Olivia? I doubt captain Camus was involved, but I don't see a reason why any of the crew would also consider it. Unless they knew about her secret, of course." Indeed, this was something that had been bothering Ádalé ever since they learned of what exactly was going on. She was by no means an expert on politics or emotions, but it did not seem to make sense.

"Huh? What's with Captain Camus? I don't believe he's involved in the plan to kidnap the princess." Silva questioned Ádalé's mention of Camus. "But to answer your question... I believe they're only pawns. As Kobato said herself, she only knew that they were to snatch something from us. But not knowing what or who they were snatching. They only knew it after it happened... Am I right?" Silva turned her head to Kobato to confirm her statement.

"The one we should pursue to have answer is the one that employed them... and also that traitorous bitch." Silva turned around and walked away for a few steps. "But we're not doing that right now, we're heading to my home to warn of the dangers that the Brendorn Empire might have in probably an immediate future... Which is the weaponized Void." Silva turned her head to face the others. "Let's just hope the one going to Somnus is getting good leads on the one's responsible for kidnapping the princess." Silva walked away, leaving the others and decided to get back to her seat and take a few minutes of rest.

Cera narrowed her eyes when the youkai prisoner knows about Ruu and started describing about her, before asking whether the brash red dragon was behind all the incidents that happened so far. She intended to press on, asking what was her last known position. Before she could do that however, Silva already arrived and gave her thoughts. Cera took a few steps backward and decides to leave the prisoner be while the ex-Fraulian soldier interacted with her.

The half-Infernal glanced at Ádalé, who sat a distance away from them. She decided to wait until Silva was done.

However...

"I have one better question for everyone."

Cera promptly turned to the free Knight, curious of what question that she will ask.

"Why was the Somnus involved in the kidnapping of Princess Olivia? I doubt Captain Camus was involved, but I don't see a reason why any of the crew would also consider it. Unless they knew about her secret, of course."

The crimson-eyed sellsword pondered. Somnus would not be that smart enough to learn about the Void, unless someone from the Imperium tipped them off. Cera shuddered what Somnus would do if they have access to such weaponry. As for the Draconus, it felt far-fetched, unless they were paid by the Imperium as well.

In short, the answer is no. Neither Somnus nor the Draconus played a part on it, or at least the evidences said so. Silva was the first one to answer Ádalé question, with details of her own.

"Yeah." Cera agreed, albeit she sounded monotonous. "Ms. Sloan was right. I don't think neither Somnus or the Draconus has a play in the unfortunate event."

If it was not for that voice persuading her to go to Fraulia and the fact that the journey itself is undermanned compared to the other groups, Cera would have been at Somnus right now. Then again, she was also curious on finding out the voice that lingered in her head from time to time.

"..." It was quite obvious that this particular heterochromic woman of the all-female group was displeased at the whole affair, in fact, she was the most grumpy and twitchy of the three. The Youkai was stricken with grief and loss but she wasn't suicidal, there was no need for her to run her mouth when not spoken to. Still, she couldn't help but listen to their conversations, they were talking near her cage after all.

She knew Camus, Captain of the Draconus Mercenary Company, any sellsword worth their damn would know one of - if not the - the most famous mercenary company in Bumi. It was said that the stoic no-nonsense Venesian captain commanded crew with enough discipline and skill to match Imperial Knights. Whether it was true or not, the fact such a rumor could exist in the first place already meant something.

The Draconus certainly wasn't a company to be trifled with. However, Kobato was sure that they had nothing to do with the kidnapping... what for? What was this thing about 'the Void'? ...ah, this mess was too deep for a birdbrain like her. She just wanted to say her piece to whoever in charge on Fraulia then they could do whatever they like to her...

Thus, the four arrived before the presence of Grandmaster Maximilian, escorted by a Celestial named Ariel.

"I received your request, urgent you said. So, what brings you and your... companions here?"

"It's been a long while..." Silva said as she her eyes met with Maximilian. She knew Maximilian from the time she served her nation. They've been a very close friend during that time. Some memories of Silva, Maximilian, and her late husband, Geoffrey flashed into her mind.

. . .

But now is not the time to reminisce, she need to tell Maximilian what she learned over her last mission.

"Indeed, we have some... bad news to tell you." Silva stated her intention on her meeting request. "Let me start with our last mission, which was to kidnap Brendorn's Princess Olivia." She looked over her comrades and Kobato before she continued. "As it turns out, this 'kidnapping' was planned by the Princess herself. She learned that in her latest research, The Divine One may not be the sole creator of Bumi, this universe, and reality itself. Just like Luna and Sol are one pair. The Divine One itself... has it's pair... As the Divine One represents Existence, then the other one represents Emptiness, the Void as she calls it."

"The filthy power hungry ministers of the Empire took notice on her research, and they want to weaponize it. Olivia tried to sabotage the efforts on it but she's not the Empress, it will be only a matter of time until they learned to contain the Void and use it to grab Bumi on their hands." Silva paused and looked over her rifle.

"Now you'd probably ask, what's the danger of this Void weaponry? I'm afraid that no matter how sophisticated our weapon, armor, magics, and all that. It will turn into nothingness. It just ceases to exist." Silva looked into the banner of Fraulia that is shown on the guest room.

"The princess herself, she's not like most of the people of the Empire is. She already felt sick about starting another war. Not just her, some of the people of the Empire felt the same way too, explaining why the 'kidnapping' went a bit... too easy thanks to some inside help and turncoats..."

"But shortly after that... One of our crew turned against us..." Silva wanted to continue but was afraid that her emotions might get over her, she looked over at Cera and Ádalé to continue the explanations.

Fraulia. The Divine Kingdom. The land where Cera's parents once served and met with each other before retiring. Compared to Venesia, Fraulia looks cleaner. Perhaps it was the azure-white color on the buildings. Different races, especially Celestials and Infernals can be seen walking or engaging with each other. It was a sight for sore eyes, at least for Cera, considering how she disliked how radical the Brendorn Imperium was with other non-human races. Part of her felt glad that she chose Fraulia, rather than Somnus as the journey did gave her something new to experience and to relax with.

The party continued on, heading towards the Divine Cathedral. Cera observed the tall, majestic building that her parents most likely worked in. Once they are inside, the group of four took the stairways. At this moment, the half-Infernal felt like it was a decent place to work with. Then again, with the strict codes that need to be adhered as a member of the Divine Seat, Cera also realized that was probably why her parents decided to retire and moved to Venesia.

Cera merely stood in silence as Silva addressed to Grandmaster Maximilian's question. She mostly focused on the Grandmaster, though there are times where she stole a few glances from Ariel. The half-Infernal felt strangely familiar with the Celestial escort, even though they have not met each other before. For the first time ever, Cera felt insecure. Especially with Ariel smiling at her from time to time.

The crimson-eyed sellsword expected Silva to finish everything, however...

"But shortly after that... One of our crew turned against us..."

After stopping at that part, Silva turned to Ádalé and Cera as if she was hinting them to finish the rest. The half-Infernal promptly threw a frown at the ex-Fraulian soldier, before taking a deep breath. After taking a few steps forward...

"Kazanari Shinobu."

Cera said, with a stern tone.

"The one who set us all up and led us to a big, bloody merry chase to prevent another World War from happening. Claimed to be discharged from the Brendorn Imperium military, but looks like said person retained her allegiance."

The half-Infernal sighed.

"Most of us, the Lughanta Company, were now on Somnus as we speak, trying to find out the whereabouts of Princess Olivia and attempt to save her."

"Then again," Cera turned to the crow youkai prisoner. "If it's not for the two prisoners that we managed to capture when Princess Olivia was taken from our grasp, we wouldn't even know that they were heading to Somnus."

She turned to Grandmaster Maximilian.

"There was another group headed to Venesia as well, most likely having a meeting with the Doge along with the other prisoner as we speak, warning about the threats of the Void technology from the Imperium and Princess Olivia's plans to stop it."

"I think that's all I have for now, Grandmaster. I'll let Ms. Jertan or the Youkai prisoner to add more."

Cera took a few steps back, letting the others to take the stage. She also gazed at Ariel again, who was smiling again.

Simply put, Eustia exceeded Ádalé's expectations. As the group arrived in the massive city, the knight found herself trying her hardest not to stare at most buildings or the sheer variety of people. Celestials and Infernals alike mixed with each other, talking and walking as one. High-rise buildings dominated the city all but carved into the mountains. Masterful craftswork made sure that every single structure maintained its integrity in face of the forces which assailed them. Cold, snow or the sheer cliff faces were no match for the ingenuity of Eustia's engineers. It was almost too much. Appropriate for the seat of the Divine One Itself, of course, for It had created the universe and It deserved all of the respect imaginable but...

This was the first time Ádalé had seen something like this.

Sure, there were other cities. But not one of them seemed to be as much of a work of art as this one. To her, this legendary city was not only something built by mortals with the aid of the divine races. It was also a symbol of the Divine One's power along with Its creation. Eustia might as well have been the heart of the world for the members of the Order, no matter what the Empire or anyone else may claim. For it was here that the representations of the Primordial Halves resided. The ever-changing Ellysion opposed to the ever-present Diana. Both of them tied together by the Divine Seat's holy ribbon. It was not perfect by any means, but it did not need to be, because the One created a world that did not need to stay the same.

Ádalé was overwhelmed to put it simply. She tried her hardest not to seem like an idiot of a tourist, but it was hard not to stare at everything when she was walking in a holy city. Especially the Cathedral. By the One, the Cathedral! Such a magnificent structure. Almost as if the Divine One had created the building for Itself, though the knight was quick to remind herself that not even Celestial or Infernal hands may replicate Its creations. With this thought, the awe she felt died down a little and she started to notice the little imperfections or the less glorious buildings, not that it really damped Ádalé's enthusiasm. She was probably as easy to read as an open book.

Fortunately, she managed to settle down by the time the group arrived to their destination and her focus returned to her. It was accompanied by a renewal of her faith in the One, not to mention a prayer to both of Its halves. Not an official one, just a small show of thanks to both Diana and Ellysion that they would let her gaze upon this magnificent city as well as to see their respective peoples act in relative harmony. When addressing the avatar of Luna, she thanked her for showing moderation in her attempts to change the world. When addressing the avatar of Sol, she thanked her for understanding that sometimes, change was for the better. She also made sure to mention their names in equal amounts, putting both of them first as many times as the other.

But now it was time to face the music. The Cathedral was only a few dozen metres away now.

<----->​

The moment the group entered the deeper premises, Ádalé felt a strange jolt run through her. It was not one of pain like she was used to. It was more of a mental nudge or something along those lines, something that she was not familiar with it at all. Was it the presence of the Divine One? Or maybe it was that of the angels and demons combined. She was not familiar with it at all, but the moment she tried to track it down with the limited magical tools she had at her disposal, it disappeared. Confused, the knight curiously pinched her skin to see if it was just her imagination. The slightest red mark on her otherwise pale skin spoke of her experiment, hopefully unnoticed by the guards.

Next thing she knew, a Celestial with beautiful wings was addressing the group. Though Ádalé was not a stranger to their appearance, seeing one so close to herself was completely new. As such, she had difficulties prying her jaw from the floor much to her embarrassment and hopefully the amusement of the angel herself. The knight would have rather not incited an international incident just because she was too awestruck by the sights to behave properly. Reminding herself that her poor self-control was how she got herself into a heap of trouble with the Empress, Ádalé fortified herself against the divine aura that Celestials possessed. She needed to stay sharp.

Still, it was difficult not to be overcome by it all. Fortunately, her companions seemed to have less of a problem. They, especially Silvania, took the lead. Much to Ádalé's surprise, the other woman seemed to know the Grandmaster. In fact, they seemed to be very familiar with each other judging by the way they acted. That pregnant pause between them was especially telling, so it was likely due to Silvania's interference they got this opportunity so quickly. Even though they had been given a very important mission before, the Grandmaster had to be a busy person.

Focusing on the matter at hand, Ádalé listened her comrades give their version of the story before the ball was effectively handed to her. She cleared her throat.

"I can confirm their accounts, sir." Polite and respectful. It was always preferable to observe formality when in doubt. "Princess Olivia was kidnapped by someone we had thought to be our own. I do not have any excuses, sir. We could not prevent it." Nor the murder of Laura, the loss of several crew members or the Lughanta's ring of fire getting destroyed. It was a simple, but painful truth that Ádalé had to admit out in the open.