SKYRIM!

I've killed one plot dragon & one random arse Dragon that was up in some mountains. Trying to fight a dragon ALONE early on without a long range weapon is pretty much suicide. So I get someone to go with me as bait back-up while I wail on the bastard when he lands.

As far as I can tell every town has the little side quests. Though I'm sure each has it's varying lengths.

I found this one MYSTERIOUS GEM that has me going halfway across the entire goddamn map JUST TO GET IT APPRAISED.

Also. . . learning to SAVE OFTEN.

Autosave does not happen as frequently as I thought it would when I saw the feature. I've lost a few decent items to the way this game randomly regenerates things if you die. Plus it'll send you WAY far back on the map. So now I'm saving like every 2 minutes.

Made a pale Brenton Male with some creepy black eyes & cool face paint. Found some super sweet black duds on the corpse of some pre-dead guy off in the woods near a Talos statue. If I figure out how to get a screenshot off a 360 I'll show you guys.

Also, re-enchanting items is a lot more of a pain than I remember from watching a buddy of mine play Oblivion.

General question to anyone who has gotten a tad further into the game than I. Please answer without spoilers. Is every town filled with quests like Whiterun? I mean goodness, it seems like there are dozens of little side quests that need completed for varying rewards. If every town is like that I might be thrilled.

From what I've seen yes.

I've put in around twenty hours, I'd guess. I made an Argonian heavy hitter. I am having trouble fighting dragons, because they don't seem to want to land, and I am a horrible shot with a bow. I have killed about five now. (one quest three just started attcking cities that I would fast travel to and two in the wilderness.)

I became a lycanthrope. the time limit on being a werewolf isn't so bad, two minutes is longer than it seems especialy if you are killing a lot of people and feeding off of them. I would think it a good idea that any non combat focused character become a werewolf.

I have finished the companions faction questline.

I have joined the Imperial legion.

Other than that I haven't done very much questwise. I find myself exploring all the time. I will go around cities and talk to everyone. Origionally I just wanted to form an opinion on which side to take in the war, but now I just want to hear what everyone has to say. I am quite pleased with the voice acting. I especially love the new Khajitt and argoinian voices.

I... I have a confession to make. I've never played Morrowind. I tried. Gave it my best damn effort, but except for the ten minutes that I had it in my console, I never touched it. That was when it came out. It was... Lame. Back then, you see, I didn't give a good god damn about graphics, I didn't give a good god damn about immersive gameplay. I wanted to have fun from the inset. It was just... Not fun. I never thought about it since.

And then, Okami introduced me to Oblivion. And, yet although I didn't stop playing, I wasn't immerced like everyone else. It didn't click. I loved the fact that it was a FPS/RPG highbrid with swords and sorcery. I really did. But then I was so worked up about, le sigh, graphics, immersive gameplay, and a good storyline from the get go. It only had one, until the expansions came out - then it had two. It was still lacking in graphics, but I played every chance I got.

This, this game, had better fucking do it for me. Bathesda's other title was lackluster as well. I'm sorry. I really thought it was. This game looks fucking epic. Skyrim. I'm so excited I might pee myself. But, if this game is anything like the previous three Bethesda games, I'm just going to sell my Xbox. There's not much out there that interests me anymore. Well, I'll give consoles one more chance with Mass Effect 3. I adore the first two games in that series.

I know I just sound like an emo kid, but you just gotta understand...

No Fel, you need say no more. Mass Effect 1 and 2 is indeed FECKING AWSOME! That is all...

I... I have a confession to make. I've never played Morrowind. I tried. Gave it my best damn effort, but except for the ten minutes that I had it in my console, I never touched it. That was when it came out. It was... Lame. Back then, you see, I didn't give a good god damn about graphics, I didn't give a good god damn about immersive gameplay. I wanted to have fun from the inset. It was just... Not fun. I never thought about it since.

And then, Okami introduced me to Oblivion. And, yet although I didn't stop playing, I wasn't immerced like everyone else. It didn't click. I loved the fact that it was a FPS/RPG highbrid with swords and sorcery. I really did. But then I was so worked up about, le sigh, graphics, immersive gameplay, and a good storyline from the get go. It only had one, until the expansions came out - then it had two. It was still lacking in graphics, but I played every chance I got.

This, this game, had better fucking do it for me. Bathesda's other title was lackluster as well. I'm sorry. I really thought it was. This game looks fucking epic. Skyrim. I'm so excited I might pee myself. But, if this game is anything like the previous three Bethesda games, I'm just going to sell my Xbox. There's not much out there that interests me anymore. Well, I'll give consoles one more chance with Mass Effect 3. I adore the first two games in that series.

I know I just sound like an emo kid, but you just gotta understand...

I actually said the same thing! believe it or not... giving bethesda one more chance to do everything right and impress me. Well, they did it for me...I haven't gotten bored yet... the plot of the main storyline has ALREADY made me go "Oh shit" several times. and the graphics are goddamn AWESOME (aside from a few instances right BEFORE waterfalls where water seems to be streaming UPwards)

Worse death yet...

Tried to cross a river only to get pulled by the current right over the edge of a waterfall.

*facepalm*

SKYRIM! SKYRIM SKYRIM!
SKY!
RIM!
SKY!
RIM!
*SKYRIM SKYRIM.*

Translation: Skyrim skyrim skyrim.
Sky.
Rim.
Sky.
Rim.
*Sounds like a Mudkip.*

I tried playing Oblivion on my PC, I wasn't that impressed with it. I did enjoy the whole hacking and slashing at people, and shooting arrows/spells was pretty awesome. But I had a very hard time getting into the storyline and I first played it last summer. By then I was already playing games with better graphics and just seeing Oblivion kinda made me cringe.... Sorry for you guys who don't put a lot of emphasis on good graphics so long as the game is good, but it was just.... For me it was really hard to look at and just not worth it because of the story line.

As for Skyrim, a lot of my friends are telling me how much they're playing it and how much they love it. My boyfriend's best friend is also getting it for me as an early Christmas present so we'll see if I like this game over Oblivion

I tried morrowind a while back not long after it came out, and to be frank, i hated it. I liked the idea behind it, how you could make your own custom character, pick from a bunch of different classes, and adventure through a huge open world. But something about it just dragged it down. The graphics were shittastic, but that wasn't it. I think it was just a lot of different factors. Didn't like the gameplay, the lack of direction, and the storytelling was a bit poor.

Oblivion was a lot better imo. The main story never drew me in, but the side quests and especially the shivering isles was great as far as story. The graphics were great at the time, but the combat was very lacking. I never beat the main story, but i did a lot of side stuff, thieve's guild, dark brotherhood, arena, shivering isles, and several other random bits. A good game overall, but with a lot of bugs and exploits (invisiblity expoit anyone?)

I've put a lot of hours into Skyrim so far, and i gotta say, i'm loving it. I haven't found anything to complain about yet at all. The main story is great, the side quests are great (already in the thieve's guild, and just got invited to the dark brotherhood.) The graphics are amazing, and the AI is vastly improved. But what did it for me, is the combat. It was the worst part of Oblivion, and they got it right this time. I'm playing primarily as a battle mage type character, sword in the right hand, spell in the left. Best part is, when i run out of mana, i just quickswap a 2nd sword into my left hand and start dual weilding until it recharges. I'm even getting the crafting too, mainly enchanting and smithing, which is something i never bothered with in Oblivion. Skyrim took everything it got wrong in Oblivion, and changed it for the better, then added a bunch more stuff on top just to really make you cream yourself. It's just challenging enough to make me want more, and that's on the default setting. Nothing bad at all i can say about the game. It's awesome.

Oh, and i made a Nord male as my character. Not because it's the default choice for the game, but because it just stood out to me more than the others.

Argonian Assassin.......Same thing I played in oblivion,

Next step is to become Arch-Mage, Then the Grey Fox, and my power will be limitless.

My biggest problem is honestly just remembering to save.

I've ended up having to go past this one area 3 different times and the person next to this waterfall gets worse everytime.

FIRST it was a guy who wanted to share a drink, pissed me off, so I killed him & got a sweet amulet but then I got sneak attacked & killed by some damned heavy hitting orc.

SECOND it was a Dark Brotherhood DARK ELF assassin dual weilding daggers. Killed him, but then a WEIRD error happened that made me restart back a few saves because an arrow was ETERNALLY stuck RIGHT in my head. Looked super dumb & wouldn't go away. It was right through the eye socket too.

NOW on the third way through it's an ORC who wants a good death. But now FOR SOME REASON. . . no matter how often I die against him. . . he's the one that sticks around.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE GAME HATES ME SO MUCH. ;_;

And don't say it's cause I suck.

I want a technical reason.

Are you sure you didn't pick up a copy of Dark Souls instead?

I HAS MAH COPY!!!

Now to study for six hours before I can get home to play it for a couple hours and then fall asleep....

HEHE

SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE GAME HATES ME SO MUCH. ;_;

And don't say it's cause I suck.

You don't suck. It's cause you touch yourself at night.

Trolololo...

Seriously, though, I've had absolutely zero major problems (no game breaking bugs, game crashes, etc). The quests early on are a little hairy, but once you get a few levels behind ya, it's as smooth as silk. I *did not* change the difficulty setting, either.

I had only one very minor trouble spot where I was forced to use the noclip cheat because I got stuck (literally, as in stuck in between pixels and such) in the cave when doing the quest for the helm of Winterhold inside Yngol Barrows.

Beginning to wonder if the normal difficulty setting is too easy. Maybe I ought to ramp it up a bit on my next character.

I love the game to death so far and have yet to see any game with graphics as stunning and immersive as this. There is only one thing i need to know. Is there a cure disease spell like there was in oblivion and if so where can i get it? I hate having to buy cure disease potions solely for the fact that i just hate potions (except hp mp) altogether.

I dun made one of them female Bretons, tending to be in one hand, your death with a sword, in the other your death with a spell, which I will switch out when your corpse hits the floor to reanimate you and make you my slaaaaaaaaaaaaave :D Other than that I've killed one plot dragon and one random dragon and I've become a bard in Solitude.

Ugh I hate you all. T_T I've yet to get my copy of the game.... *le sigh* I'm a sad panda.

Other than that I've killed one plot dragon and one random dragon and I've become a bard in Solitude.

I've killed about ten dragons (not including the freebie kill at the beginning), and am now archmage of the College in Winterhold. I've mostly been bouncing around and exploring. At one point, I got triple teamed by two dragons and a bear. Amazingly, the bear is what almost killed me.

My character is a Dark Elf who has mostly gone sword-and-board through the campaign, but I started using a lot more spells when I started progressing through the College quests.