SKYRIM!

Im about to shoot all of you in the face! 2 days! IM ALREADY ANTSY! *finnicky and twitchy with a LMG*

. . . I feel like cancelling my pre-order now if there really are no lances.

Looks like I probably won't be getting this game after all.

I am sorry but that is really shallow. I too am really disappointed that they aren't in the game. To write off the entire game just because of one weapon type is really stupid. I know that I sound like a tool defending this game. Believe me I know that I am the person on Iwaku most biased towards this game, but that is just ridiculous.

Anyways, I just dropped by my local game stop, and they had a copy of the game guide on display. Against my better judgement I looked through it a little, and I have some news.

Lycanthropy: Werewolves are one hundred percent, without a doubt, confirmed. How to become a werewolf is in the spoiler below. There is a possible plot spoiler so don't read if you don't want anything ruined.
You can only become a werewolf by doing a quest in the companions faction
Contracting lycanthropy allows you to turn into a werewolf once a day, for around two minutes. While a werewolf, your physical attributes are greatly enhanced. You can only use your claws for attack (which are very powerful) and any person you kill you have the option of feeding off of, this increases the time you are a werewolf for about thirty seconds. There is an item that allows you to become a werewolf an extra time a day.

Daedric shrine quests: There are sixteen daedric shrines. Unfortunately Sheogorath is one of them, and Jyggalag is not.

Finally there are a large number of followers you can choose from, over two pages of the guide are dedicated to them

Only two minutes?? Well that's disapointing... could of swore it was a lot longer in Morrowind. What about vampires? Is that handled any better? Any vampire clans?

Kind of suprised that Jyggalag doesn't have a shrine now. Did note in the leaked gameplay video that one of the Nordic NPCs said eight divines. Nice little lore tidbit there, since I suppose the Nords don't regard Talos much.

So, how many followers can a player have at one time? Guessing it's limited to just one at a time? That somehow wouldn't suprise me, being that it would be for game balance issues. Still would be a tad annoying though (and thankfully would be modded out). If I want to have a theif, mage, and archer in my group at the same time defeating the forces of evil (or the forces of good). I damn well will have it!

EDIT:

Was that a dwemer centurion I saw in that trailer? ... a return to dwemer ruins?! Now that does make this more appealing.

Yeah the two minutes thing seems kinda dumb. In morrowind, you were a werewolf whenever it was night and there was afull moon (or if you wore hircine's ring) I am sorry I didn't read anything on vampires, I never realy planned on becoming one.

I was dissapointed that they put sheogorath in and left Jyggalag out. I was hoping that they would at least have both of them. I really wanted them to get rid of Sheogorath, and just replace him with Jyggalag. Regarding the eight, the worship of talos has been banned in many provinces of Tamriel.

Again I am sorry. I did not read anything regarding companions. I was just flipping through the book and noticed there where a lot of them. So I don't know if you can have multiple. Oblivion allowed multiple people to follow you, so lets keep hoping. Also not all of the companions are men or mer.

And yes, dwemer ruins have returned.

I have no problems with swords.

But apparently I am a shallow bastard. It just really disappointed me.

Thanks for making me feel like crap.

*sighs & rolls eyes*

I guess I could still give it a shot & all. . .

Come on Woodie, you know I can't read that much english!

*reads it anyway*

[spoili]What perhaps didn’t make itself known amidst all the exciting talk of dragons and dual-wielding over the last year of hype is that the cold land of Skyrim is based heavily on Scandinavia. And I don’t just mean “big blonde guys who sound like vikings.” There are sweeping, beautiful Norwegian-style fjords, there are grassy Swedenesque archipelagos, there are thoroughly frozen, near-Arctic plains and chasms, there are towns made up entirely of log cabins, there are multi-tier cities winding around a towering waterfall, there is an inn built inside an upturned longboat… It is surprising, it is oft-changing and it is gorgeous.[/spoili]

Awsem! I'm most probably getting this. The Nords sound interesting.

Just wondering how this will all work on my 360 compared to a PC...

I'm not gunna say I've been playing the game for the last few hours...

But I'm not gunna say I haven't, either.

TESV%202011-11-10%2014-23-24-38.jpg

I'm also gunna say it's a good improvement from Oblivion so far and I'm having a goooood time.

GOD DAMN YOU GIBS.

DO FUCKING WANT.

Guess who has two thumbs and just got Skyrim?
FUCK YEAH
I'll try to be active. I can't stop smiling omg so happy ;_;

3 minutes left on install.

Not trying to hype myself up. But I'll give a decent enough review if/when I get back.

Cheers lads/lasses!

so... Like... I came out of bed this morning, feeling miserable because I was sick... Then I remembered: SKYRIM!

I started the game up, began playing... and did not stop playing for 12 fucking hours... I don't know what it is, but something about this game is amazing...

Level 11
2 plot dragons killed, 1 random dragon killed.

Short version of a review

Better than Oblivion, worse than Morrowind.

Final verdict? Worth the enterance fee, especially if you got it for the PC.

Longer review coming forthwith, gotta keel me somemor draugr.

ITS SO GOOD HNGGGG
Ended up playing 7 hrs. I'm pretty sure I have a cold.
DAY WELL SPENT.

Nords get braveheart warpaint too, it's awesome.

I'll admit. . . I'm having fun.

Especially after realizing there's no anti Dragon lances cause they al thought dragons were fairytales apparently.

But I want some damned lance DLC someday. >_>

Also. . . thanks to the mud crabs I've just had. . .

CRAB BATTLE!!!!!

What races did you guys make? I made a redguard girl with super cool face paint. I kinda wish I went with Orc.

must not kill... NEXT WEEK. NEXT. WEEK.

Rolled a Redguard male, rather disapointed that the racial trait got nerfed bigtime. Makes fighting on expert difficulty that much tougher.

In a nutshell I got torched twice on the first plot dragon before I decided that shooting him with arrows and dodging the fireblasts was a safer option.

General question to anyone who has gotten a tad further into the game than I. Please answer without spoilers. Is every town filled with quests like Whiterun? I mean goodness, it seems like there are dozens of little side quests that need completed for varying rewards. If every town is like that I might be thrilled.