Sky High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice didn't feel like trying to find a partner for she wasn't great with partners. 'I always get stuck with the work. Besides I don't care to move. maybe someone will come to me.' She just stayed in her sit and hoped that either someone would notice her or she would find a way to not have a partner. She also knew that she wasn't great at being the first to approach someone.

Darren watched as kids paired up with one another. He slumped lower in his seat, trying his best to become invisible. If only he had that power. It would be really useful right about now. With a sigh, he hoped he could just work alone. But, he honestly doubted it.

Alice looked around slightly finally giving in once she noticed almost everyone had a partner except for a boy slouching in his sit. 'Well at least I'm not the only one who doesn't seem to like the idea.' She still sat there for she didn't care to move but she felt that her options might not be to stay there. 'Maybe he'll get up. Maybe I don't have to say anything.'

Luna looked at Alice and looked around the room. She also didn't have a partner and she was scared to death to ask anybody. "Maybe going to a public school was a bad idea." She thought to herself. She wished that she could turn into a wolf with wings, or just a human with wings and fly away. However this isn't one of her fantasy's this was real life, and she would just have to deal with it.

Isaac grinned at Rosalie. "Things have been really good. I might be late for class though. Maybe we can talk later?" He questioned curiously and turned down the hall where his class was going to be held. He knew she had to get back to helping her students.

Darren looked around and saw the few people he was left to pair up with. He saw a girl also sitting in the back, near the shadows. She seemed like someone he could work with. He grunted as he got to his feet. He maneuvered around his classmates to get to the girl. The brunet tapped her desk before scratching the back of his neck, avoiding her gaze. "Hey, um, do you want to be partners?"

Alice was relived. "Um... Yeah sure." She barely looked up at the boy. "Do you have a preference on were to sit or would here be fine?" She hoped he would say here would be fine but figured it was only right to ask.

Rosalie nodded. "I'll see you later, good luck!" She said and then returned back to class and noticed a rather shy looking girl and walked over to her. "Hey, I'm Rosalie and I'm the TA for this class, do you want to be partners?" She asked her. She didn't mind one bit being the girls partner and she smiled at the girl.

She looked over to Rosalie. She smiled a tiny bit "Ummm yes i would like to be partners" she said super quietly. "Oh thank goodness someone asked me other wise i would most likely have no one" She thought to herself. She then looked down at her desk "oh no were partners that means we have to work together and talk and stuff i hope i can do this!" she thought to herself.

Rosalie smiled and took a seat next to the girl. "So what are your powers? I mean thats what this class is all about!"

She looked at her "I can control lighting become a wolf and grow wings." She looked down "Oh i hope she doesn't think my powers are lame.." she thought to herself. "So umm what are your powers?" she said quiet.

Darren shrugged. "I don't mind it here." He really didn't. It was in the back of the room and that's all he really wanted. He pulled up a seat and plopped himself in it. He faintly wondered what they were suppose to do now.

Alice smiled. "Great." 'I'm glad he doesn't mind sitting back here. The front's not my best when it comes to class. I wonder what were going to do for our first day?' Alice looked a little at where he now sat trying to think if there was anything she should say. She turned back to face where the teacher might begin for she couldn't think of anything since it wasn't really her strong suit. 'Maybe we won't need to talk much. Maybe it can be a simple working together where we can actually work alone. That would be fine with me. But I don't know about him or what will have to because of the assignment... Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see.'

Rosalie smiled at the girl. "Cool powers, I'm sure this class will be a breeze for you." She looked over at Mr. K and then back at the girl. "My powers? Oh I can make and control water and I can fly." She said and looked at Mr. K as he began to talk.

Mr. K cleared his throat before he began. "Okay class, now that everyone has their partners, we will begin. Now Ms. Rosalie will be my TA and can help you with whatever you may need. Ms. Rosalie will you please demonstrate what we will be learning in this class?"

Rosalie nodded and stood up, with a flick of her wrist she made a ball of water appear and then made it rain over Mr. K.

"Yes, very funny Rosalie, now class please show your partner one of your powers and we shall judge your powers."

'This should be interesting. I wonder what he can do.' Then she decided to step out of her convert zone and ask. "Um... I'm... Alice. So...um...would....you like... to go first...Or...should....I?" She didn't give him really any eye contact because she was nervous at trying to simple talk. 'Well that went horrible.... Well I am a sophomore so I need to try and get use to the partner thing and I guess the talking. I just hope he ignores it. And maybe this will get easier as the year goes on...'

Name: Natalie "Nat" Ross
Standing: Sidekick
Power: Radial Vision is the ability to see all around oneself without the use of eyes. It is a 3-dimensional vision that currently reaches a few yards and cannot be turned off.
Grade: Junior
Backstory: Nat's mom was a powerful telekinetic. Her dad was a notary. She had a minor ability that was more of a liability than an asset. Her little brother was born a mind-reader and later gained healing powers as well. Both children were intelligent, but of course the boy was always their parents' favorite. Nat would have held it against him, but since he could read her mind he always knew the right thing to say. With his powers, Darren understood Nat's mind as well as she did, and with hers she understood his body as well as he did.
Appearance:
12qGsHP.png

"For those of you who don't know me, just call me Toby," the grey-bearded man at the front of the room was saying, "Back in my day I was sidekick to the Crimson Wonder, and he had explosive powers, so my ability to balance on anything really came in handy. And that's what you're here to learn: how to use your powers to be better sidekicks. Remember, not being heroes doesn't mean you're not super."

Nat was focusing on the notebook in front of her. When she was little, her powers were weak. Peek-a-boo never interested her, she never lost things under blankets, and she knew what was in a box she was holding without needing to take the toy out. Now, her ability was more developed.

The kid across the room had had leftover turkey for breakfast, and pieces of it were still in his stomach. Or maybe it was chicken. Heck, it could be vulture meat for all Nat knew. After all, that was the kid who could control what he tasted.

Nat focused harder. The power would grow whether she wanted it to or not; she didn't need to exercise it. She had to exercise not using it, and right now the top of the notebook was hardly clearer than the 200 pages inside. If it were a book instead of 200 identically-lined pages, it would be a muddle.

Darren could see how hard Alice was trying at the assignment. He decided to put some effort in himself. "I'll go first," he said. "My powers are mind reading and healing. And, don't worry, I need to get use to the partner and talking thing too," He said with a small smile. He knew how Alice felt. While she might just be shy, he was just anti-social. But they both had the same emotions. He then proceeded to demonstrate his healing powers. He gave himself a paper cut, hissing at the slight pain, before healing it. His fingers glowed a light green as the cut sealed back up. The teen looked back at Alice.

"Thanks." Alice gave a slight smile and was grateful for him begin willing to go first. As she watched him she thought it was cool that he could heal himself. "I guess that makes it my turn." She looked for something easy and picked a pencil on her desk. She started at it for a while focusing on the weight and size then slowly it began to rise. "As you may see I have telekinesis.I can also control my soul-self but that's a hard power to really explain. And I can levitate." She was getting a little more conformable with talking to him knowing that there both new the partner thing.

Darren watched with an awed gaze. His eyes followed the pencil has it levitated. He thought that her powers were way cooler than his. "Man, your powers are a lot cooler than mine," he said with a sigh. He wondered what it was like to control your soul-self. The brunet never heard of a power like that before. Maybe when they got more comfortable with the whole partner thing, he can ask her.

Zanna smiled. "You may think so but healing and being able to read others thoughts is pretty cool. I read minds. I bet it would help on test. I sort of can heal myself but it depends on how injured I am for my soul-self do to anything of that sort though. So paper cuts and simple things like that suck."

Status
Not open for further replies.