Skip to the Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Risa smiled, "Then you should at least take a nap while I'm on the machine. They have chairs in there too." she suggested, "I'm not going anywhere." she giggled.

"I still can't really sleep before I know that you're okay..." He sighed and sat down in one of the chairs. Even if he looked tired, he seemed determined to stay awake.

"Okay." she said deciding to drop it. She was wheeled into the MRI lab and put on a table . She closed her eyes and tried no to shiver in the cold room. She had been through this a million times before, but it still made her nervous. The table started to move slowly into the imaging part of the machine. The technician looking at the body scan information become in.

He sat there and observed her, his eyes seemingly very focused on the matter. He didn't want her to be alone when something could happen to her. He tried with a little smile to assure her everything was alright. He was unsure of whether she'd actually tried to have an MRI test before, but either way he thought it good to be a comforting factor. He knew that some people didn't like hospitals.

About an hour later the test was done. Risa had fallen asleep on the table causing some retakes of images. Risa sleepy looked at Cecil and smiled, "Sorry it took so long." she yawned. She got up and kissed his cheek, "Takes for waiting." She was shivering but she got in her bed and the wheeled her back to her room.

Now they had to wait for the doctor to look at the images. Once the nurses left Risa moved over and pat a space for him, "Let's nap." she said softly.

He blushed slightly but nonetheless pulled off his jacket and stepped out of his shoes, lying down on the bed beside her, resting his head against his hand to look at her.
"Are you sure you're alright?" His voice sounded concerned, and the same emotion was visible in his eyes. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable but when he got worried, he couldn't help himself but ask what was going on.
"Ah... well of course you are, I'm sorry for asking like that, I guess I'm just a bit.. well, afterall, you practically fainted in my arms the other day... and I just feel a bit... like it's not just nothing. It's never nothing."

Risa ran her fingers though his hair and smiled at him calmly, "True is...I don't know. It's very scary but I'm comforted by your presence." she said softly gazing into his eyes.

"I'm happy I can help you.." He took her hand in his eyes and glanced back into her eyes, observing her with just the slightest hint of worry. He didn't want her to be seriously hurt.

She kissed his lips once more tenderly. She couldn't help it he was just so kissable. She blushed and smiled, "Sorry." she broke their gaze. He was probably weirded out by her doing that.

He reached his arms out and wrapped them around her back, pulling her close to his chest. He sighed and rested his chin against the top of her head. "Don't apologize. Unless you didn't do that because you think of me as more than a friend."

She giggled and snuggled up to him, "You caught me." she said hugging his close as well and yawned, "Not we can nap." she said as she drifted to sleep.

He smiled a little and shifted into a more comfortable position before he closed his eyes as well, attempting to sleep. The sound of her calm, even breathing lulled him to sleep, after the long night.

((Ah okay))

About thirty minutes later the Doctor came in and saw them both sleeping. He cleared his through a little and Risa stirred from her sleep and sat up, "Sorry...How were the result?" she asked wiping the sleep from her eyes. The Doctor sat are her bed side. His demeanor serious. Risa knew that she was sick again, "How long do I have?" she asked softly.

Last edited by a moderator:
((No not at all. He has a lot of trouble sleeping in public places))

He woke up as the doctor started speaking and his look turned worried instantly. He didn't know it was something that serious. He put an arm around Risa and leaned his head against her shoulder. He didn't know what else to do than this. He had nothing he could do to help her.

Last edited by a moderator:
"A few day if you don't have surgery. Much longer if you do." The doctor said softly, "We found a tumor on the stem of your brain. We can remove 98% percent of it and get the rest with chemotherapy." the doctor explained. Risa nodded, "I'll have the surgery...but hold off on the chemo." she said softly. She didn't want to get sicker than she already was.

"But... Risa... you could have it permanently removed... besides... it's not chemo forever...." He looked into her eyes, trying not to look like he'd just been stabbed in the heart. He didn't know what to do. He was powerless to help a person that he cared for. He looked down to hide the sadness in his eyes because he didn't want to treat her like that. Like a dying person. That was the worst he could do.

"I still want to have kids one day." she said softly as she looked down,
"There is a way to preserve your fertility. We can talk about it more after the surgery." the doctor explained. Risa nodded and after saying his goodbyes he left. Risa sighed and lean back in her bed.

He didn't even know what to say. He knew his words were useless. Instead he just took hold of her hand while looking at the ground below him. He couldn't think of anything else to do in such a situation. All he knew was the fact that he felt like he could've done something to prevent this. Something, anything. But in the end there was nothing.

She looked over at him and smiled at him, "Hey don't beat yourself up." She said gripping his hand.

"I'm sorry... I just know I can't do anything for you, and nothing I say will help... It makes me want to have done something in advance.." He gripped her hand tight and squeezed, his eyes full of worry and sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.