Skins and things

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Porg

Original poster
So just noticed the new text and stuff, and the new little tags for roleplays and such, and I'm personally not a fan, so I thought id just change skins, you know? what else are they for?

But it seems that the skins only effect the colours or something, or they all have the same text.

Mostly I just want to know if there would be a create your own skin function? and if not would it be possible?

*Points at ASMODEUS.*

There is not a way to design your own style and not currently possible... >>

Sorry, can't please everyone with design styles. Give a few days instead of a few hours.

I'm new, so I don't know if I just came in at a bad time or what.
But the forum topic tags, and the forum tags, seem stupidly huge.
I'm talking about this in example:
p-seeooc.png

But when I was looking through the guide for new members, it appears the old tags were much smaller. Like this:
joinanytime.gif

If it's possible, could you go back to the old images? Or something of similar size?
Because the topic tags are just way too big. Also, they mess up the text alignment in thread subscriptions and recent posts for users. The text isn't as readable:
52572075.jpg
<- screenshot

Wait ok, so, Asmo did that?

Nigga needs bigger glasses.

Changed the size of the prefix images, and the thread viewing -should- be fixed now so things don't overlap the thread titles. >>

Thank you very much Dananachan :D
You saved us a lot of frown-staring :G

I'm liking this new format, and the font for the thred tags, though it is nice they don't overlap anymore...

Just wanted to throw out too a thought on providing a make your own skin function: while us devoted artfarts would love it, and would do iwaku proud, you would also be getting a landslide of crappy noob skins, and probably a lot of unfinished ones from people lacking attention spans/self discipline to sit down and finish the stupid thing. And nothing looks worse than an incomplete skin.

Iwakus skins might seem kinda basic, but they are rather elegant in their simplicity. Personally I don't like skins with a lot of fancy pictures, the subtle abstract patterns please me much more and keep the site from feeling mismatched.

My complaint is people who use dark text that I can't read on this dark background. >:[ but that is pretty rare...

Status
Not open for further replies.